Poll how many think disease is aspartame related

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, May 1, 2006.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I don't know for a fact that this genocidal poison put the genes in my system. But, I do KNOW that aspartame was the trigger.
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I don't know about others, but I know that aspartame caused me to have headaches that were so bad that I would have killed myself if they hadn't stopped. It messed up my body's circadian rhythmn and my neurotransmitters. One of the first places that it affects is your ear canal. I used to constantly have an earache or inflammation in my right ear. I also couldn't have any cool or cold air blowing on them. My lower back almost always felt as if the "flu" had settled there. All of this before the really, really bad effects of aspartame poisoning set in. As soon as I dumped that toxic garbage, I felt 90% better. I felt good for a little over a year, then this new stuff started.
  3. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

aspartame was triggering my migraines. I went from daily migraines to rare migraines when I cut out the aspartame.

Linda
  4. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

My Fibro was caused by the trauma of a cervical (neck) fusion. I know that for a fact. Whether aspartame makes the symptoms worse, I can't say. I use it very sparingly, and it doesn't seem to matter, in my case.
  5. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

sorry but I hate aspartame and never have partaken, so it could not possibly be any affiliation for me.

Maia
  6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

A few days ago I read that the first migraine caused by splenda was reported in Europe.
  7. tlayne

tlayne Member

I quit drinking my diet soda about 3 weeks ago, and have not seen any changes except the headaches are gone. Don't get me wrong I am so thankful! But I was hopeing to see more positive health changes. I truely believe all the food additives, hormones, & antibiotics that are added to our foods are the underlying cause to this dd. Hugs, Tam
  8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

It sometimes takes longer for some people to improve. In my case I think it messed up the neurotransmitters in my brain. If you haven't already done so, I strongly urge you to check out as many websites as you can that relate to aspartame poisoning. It is now in products that are not labeled sugar free. EVEN REGULAR CHEWING GUM
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

My problems date back to 1971, and I never used any diet products with sachharin even, hated the taste.

I did try some of that 'Int'l Coffee' mix with aspartame about 3X, noticed that I was 'out of my head' afterwards, so never used it again either.

My husband noticed the same thing.

I am sure it is a major problem for those sensitive to it - I am glad I was able to notice what was happening - I can see how, if it were a more gradual sensitivity, one might not!

all the best,
    Victoria
  10. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I didn't say it put the genes in my system. I just know it poisoned me. I may have already be born with some kind of genetic factor that makes it easier for me to have autoimmune disorders, but that poisonous garbage was a trigger. It seems to have helped pave the way for other illnesses. I am so sorry that you have so many health problems. Compared to some of the people on this board, mine don't seem to be nearly as bad. At least I'm not in pain.
  11. woofmom

woofmom New Member

It also causes what is often diagnosed as "cluster headaches".
  12. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Good grief that's scary, where did you find that??
  13. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Just type in aspartame and poisons. You'll find it. I know first hand the ill effects of aspartame. The only reason it was allowed on the market was because Donald Rumsfeld worked for Seale and he was also on Ronald Reagan's transition team. The FDA wouldn't approve it for 16 years. Then Rumsfeld used his authority to get it approved so he could make about 11 million dollars
  14. shelbo

shelbo New Member

but I do believe it is 'one' of the poisons that can be responsible for what we go through!! I don't know why any one would like the taste of aspartame...it's vile! I had one diet coke once and wondered how some one could find the taste appealing!! Shelbo
  15. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Aspartame may not be condusive to good health but the origin of most CFS is neurological. Too much cortisol; too little serotonin.

Marta
  16. Edna

Edna New Member

My CFS started right after I had surgery. One of the doctors later said he thought it had to do with the anesthesia. That happened over 10 years ago now and I've not been the same since. And at the time I drank regular pepsi - now that I'm diabetic I drink diet drinks which I think have aspartame in them. Yuck. I know it's bad for me but I do it anyway. :)
  17. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Aspartame and all artificial sugar subsititutes make me very ill. I love to chew gum and they put aspartame in all gum now except for orginal dentyne, and beemans, which you can only get if you order online. (now that I know I have candida, I can't even chew that!)
    If I accidently ingest any sugar substitute, some part of my body will go numb. Hands, fingers, legs, feet, face, anywhere at all or everywhere, depending on how much I ingest. Until I had figured this out, I went to many drs for many years, had MRIs, was diagnosed with MS etc. When I figured it out and stopped taking it my numbness went away. I still have CFIDS, but feel better off of the sweetners!!! My doctor totally doesn't believe me either!!
  18. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

From what I have read, aspartame causes neurological damage, so I think it may very well be a cause.
  19. painandagony

painandagony New Member

This was an interesting post.
    I don't drink it now, but i drank it daily before and after i was sick for probably 10 years. I was young and naive. I did not know that it actually does affect neurotransmitters, but it makes sense, since my mood changes after drinking it. Anyone else notice that? The change is pretty immediate for me. I believe aspartame and all the other crap we eat and drink is related to the illness.
  20. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

For me I dont believe it is a cause but then again I could be wrong. The reason I say this is I have drank lots of pop (not diet) since I was a teenager. When I say alot I mean a lot. You wouldnt even want to know how much I go through in a day. But anyway my point is I drank regular pop for over 20 years on a daily basis and was sick. Then about 3 years ago started drinking diet Pepsi. I havent gotten any worse really so for me I dont believe it is the soda.