Poll: How many were dx.first with FM then second with MS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Apr 14, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

Just curious.
    D.
  2. daylight

daylight New Member

3. darude

darude New Member

I was tested for MS and they found a pituitary tumour. Also had 40 brain lesions periventricular and subcortical. But Neuro siad these were normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They thought the tumor was an anuerysm so had to have another MRI immediately but there were no blood products. Another one was supposed to be booked(MRI) but hasn't been done yet. If they don't get on it soon I'm going to ER and they can do it there as I'm having vision problems and headache again.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2006]
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Fms and all of the sx of MS but no lesions of ms so we are doing the wait for the lesions approach..
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

How long have you been having symptoms? My MRI was rescheduled for next Friday and I'm very scared. My husband wanted to bring me to the ER last night but I told him that it wouldn't do much good. ER doctors would only make me wait for a shot of Demerol then tell me that there was nothing that they can do for me.

I hate not knowing though. My aunt has Parkinson's and the family didn't find out for years.
  6. darude

darude New Member

I've been sick for three years. I collapsed and was taken to ER. They did all the regular tests and a cat scan of brain and all was normal. A year later I had the MRI, chest xrays, blood work etc, and everything was abnormal.
  7. daylight

daylight New Member

So things may not show up for years. Thats not good. What did you do to make the doctors understand that something was wrong?