POLL: How many with CFS have had pneumonia prior to CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Mar 6, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Just curious . . . Paul Mark's statement about burning cough made me think back to my boughts with pneumonia. I had it twice . . . once as a child, once in college. Terri
  2. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi terri, im almost 23 now and i believe ive had cfs since i was 16 and ive been dx with fms since may of 2002(imo-i have the fm from the cfs)..when i was about 4 years old i had pneumonia,shingles and an eye infection all at the same time..all i can remember is having about 5 nurses hold me down to start an iv..i know i was really sick..i dont know if thats too long ago to have started all this..but thats my answer, dont know if thats what you wanted.
    -ami
  3. T-BO

T-BO New Member

I had hardcore pneumonia for a 2 week duration, 6 months before the onset of my CFS. I went to the doc after and he persrcibed my erythromycin. It worked. That was the only time in my life that I had it.
    I had bronchitis a couple of times when i was younger.

Also, what i find to be unusual is that I have had 3 colds/ flus since I have gotten CFS (including onset) and have noticed that I never developed a cough diring any period of the sickness while when i was "healthy" and i would get a cold/flu, I would ALWAYS get a cough toward the end of the sickness. Pretty wierd in my opinion.

I hope this helps!!

God Bless!

T-BO
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

pneumonia twice, suspected pneumonia a third time, and mono once. I've had bronchitis probably twice a year, almost every year of my life, except this past one (knocking on wood!!!!).
  5. amilyne

amilyne New Member

6. bees

bees New Member

I've got CFS but have never had pneumonia.
  7. runningstream6

runningstream6 New Member

Hi

Yes I had pneumonia a year or two I think before getting cfs and after recovering from that also another virus.

runningstream
  8. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

I had valley fever (alot like mono but lasted 6mo) when I was in my teens. I always felt that I never got my energy back full force after that illness.
    When I was in my 30's I had bronchitis for 6mos & then every year since then I got bronchitis & ear/sinus/throat infections almost every year for about 6-8 wks. This year I have been lucky enough not to catch it - I think it's because I don't work & so am not exposed to all the sick co-workers.
    ***Pixie***
  9. niggley

niggley New Member

l have always had a weakness but in 2001 had bad colds then turning to pneumonia..l had terrible care from my doctor and was hardly looked after ..it lasted about a month untill l returned to work but was very far from well...became very slow and weak and exhausted until july after about another 4 bugs l became too ill to work and believe that my M.E started back in february with the pneumonia...the symptoms l have now were present then and l still suffered with my chest and have been given inhalers to help....hope this info helps you ....peace and love niggley