POLL "PLEASE" how many are haivng bad dizziness now?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Oct 15, 2005.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I would like to start a poll on how many people are having a problem with dizziness????????

I know many of us including myself have a lot of dd issues, but one of the newest and most problematic for me is this continuing and debilitating dizziness???????????

I would like to know how many are having a problem with dizziness all of a sudden, or even in the past???????

I want to know why all of a sudden this is such a problem, and it seems like I have heard a lot of others on other posts mentioning it being a problem, so lets find out just how many, I will keep count!:)

Love
    Doxy
  2. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Morning,

I can't recall, (remember my FOG is really bad), being dizzy from my FMS and I have had it for close to 20 years but I have had different meds that I have been on that have made me very dizzy.

Are you on any new meds?

Grandma6
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

In my 15 plus years with this illness I never had much dizzines. But the last year and a half its my worst symptom. I don`t know why it got so bad, I am not on any meds that cause dizziness in the present time. ITs very hard to live with.
  4. 1horse

1horse New Member

I have dizziness, but mine is not fibro, but allergies. when the wind blows and right now its bad in az, or when pollen is up and I am snezzing,etc. the allergist says deep inter ear is affected when my allergies are up..sounds good to me ..lol hope you feel better, and dont drive and be very careful until it gets better. ( MEDS CAN DO IT TO) ~hugs`
  5. sassykat

sassykat New Member

I have had this problem for so long, that I don't remember when I didn't have it! I usually have about three really bad episodes a year where it puts me flat on my back. I don't think there is a worse feeling in the world than when your equalibrium is off kilter. I just had an episode about a month ago, but the strange thing is, that after I've had this I usually come down with some kind of infection. It could be sinus, or respiratory, but whatever , it most often follows a dizzy spell.
  6. trinity3

trinity3 New Member

i get dizzy ALOT and when i do i also get very nauseous and my heart feels like it is going to explode... the only thing i can do is lay down... it is very scary and it has only been happening to me in the past 6 months or so and i have been sick almost 6 years... i am really having alot more problems right now with being 'sick' than i am having pain problems

luckily i have pain meds that help me... but the 'sick' feeling is overwhelming... i feel like i am dying... i know i have adrenal deficiency... i think its from that... but i dont know.
  7. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

This is not a new symptom for me but rather a constant feeling of lightheadedness. No spinning but when I walk I have to be careful. I feel like I'm going to tip over. It's horrible.
  8. zerped

zerped New Member

Yes, I have had a period lately of more dizziness than usual. In April 2002, it was the first symptom I had that something was wrong with me other than just "working too hard" and "being tired." For the first several months, it was as dominant as my headache pain. Since I was supervising work in a rehab center, it looked bad for me to be weaving down the halls, using walls to keep from falling over!

After that initial period though, the dizziness faded into the background. Some time around Labor Day this changed. I have had some of the old, really bad dizziness several times since then. Three years ago I began walking with a cane when the dizziness is bad, simply for steering purposes. I RECOMEND THIS HIGHLY. I wasn't so self-conscious and it made walking less tiring.
  9. elsa

elsa New Member

I hope you are feeling better this morning. You've had a rough few days.

I've been dealing with vertigo prior to CFS/FM. I come from a long line of Meniere's Syndrome sufferers. (Inner ear problem caused in part by too much fluid. Can cause some serious dizziness and balance problems. Can be one or both ears effected.)

At the start of CFS/FM, my M's Syndrome symptoms got worse, but they have settled down to the point of not even bothering me anymore. Haven't had any dizzinesses to speak of and no real vertigo attacks.

I take singulair (in part) to control any fluid build-up from reactions, plus flonase.

The real gem in my treatment is En-tab. It's guaifensin DM
    1200/60mg tabs. This got the fluid out and has kept it out for well over a year now.

I don't follow the Marshall Protocol with the guai, but maybe I can get some ancillary benefit from the daily En-tab. Rx is for 1 tab 2xd. It causes no symptoms except maybe a little boost which is a good thing for me! LOL

Even with my medication, I still avoid putting myself into situations that might trigger a "spell" , (as my grandmother use to call them). For years prior to M's Syndrome showing up in me, I watched how my Mother and Grandfather coped. When it came my turn to deal with it, the coping techniques were pretty much in-grained.

As I write this, my ears are popping ... especially the left one. I, like a stupid girl, haven't taken my En-tab for about 4 days. That shows me how effective this treatment is for me.

When I start back on my protocol ...
    as soon as I finish typing this, LOL ... the popping (early signs of fluid build up) will probably be gone by tonight ... tomorrow night at lastest.

I hope you feel better soon. I don't know your rx protocol, but you could ask your doctor about this. I don't think it would hurt you in anyway and it might help some.

Take care,

Elsa

PS ... There are some good rx'es that deal directly with the vertigo. Names escape me at the moment ... I haven't had to take any in such a long time.

Anyway, you can google vertigo medicine and they will come up. It will knock you out but much better then having your world turned upside down.

10. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

Hi Doxy,

I'm new here and recently dx with FMS the end of Aug.

One of my first sx was intermittent dizziness while recovering from a fall. I fractured an ankle, sprained an ankle, injured my knees and bumped my head. When I got more mobile and started PT and then went back to work the dizziness rapidly increased and occurred daily along with constant daily nausea lasting 4 - 8 hrs. It's been a year now since I fell and the FMS began.

I was dx with Migraine Associated Vertigo, aka MAV, the end of Jul and started on Topamax in Aug. It has improved most of the nausea and extreme motion and visual sensitivity I was having. Driving, exercise and watching TV are just a couple of things that caused vertigo and nausea, it was so extreme. I'm so glad it's controlled by a med now. Apparently the stress from the fall triggered the constant migraine dizziness sx.

I still have dizziness everyday though, but the nausea and severe spontaneous vertigo spells are controlled except when I exercise. When I exercise I still get strong vertigo with occassional mild nausea. The nausea rarely last long any more, so I continue to exercise. I really want to get my weight down and get healthy so I don't have further knee and ankle problems or other health problems.

After a year of this I've learned I have to live with it. If I completely stop exercising and only do the vestibular exercises, the dizziness might go away after several months to a year if I'm lucky or it might not, but by then I would either gain back the 50 lbs I've already lost or lose the desire and momentum to start an exercise program again. When I started exercising I didn't know it was contributing to the migraine dizziness problem and now that I've gotten myself in better physical shape for the first time in soooo many years, I'm afraid if I stop for an extended period to stop the dizziness it would be too hard to start exercising again so I probably wouldn't do it.

Not only does the exercise make me dizzy, but very sore some days too, but I know it needs to be done. Hopefully in the long run the FMS won't be so severe for me if I take care of my weight problem now. I tell that to my aching body every night. The thing is when I exercise my body feels good after, the soreness doesn't come until the late afternoon, evening, night and when I first wake up.

Most days exercise is about the only thing I accomplish since it exhausts me so much, but that's okay because it's something I'm doing for me to try and get my health back.

Sorry my post ened up being so long.

Jeanette

11. Chrissy3

Chrissy3 New Member

Hi, I havnt been on here for a while,

This was my first symptom 7 years ago and still is my worse symptom. I have had all the inner ear testing and they cant find anything. I do have hypotension and feel worse when standing or walking. I have a constant lightheaded feeling but sometimes get very dizzy especially when my neck is tense or when Im looking down. GP thinks it is my neck muscles causing it. I just dont know, but I hate this feeling more than anything. I take the occasional valium if it gets really bad, it sometimes takes the edge off.

Take care,

Chrissy

12. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Hi Doxygirl,

Dizziness/light-headedness has been my primary symptom. Got worse starting in January. Antivert did nothing for me. I hope you have better luck.

-GoAskAlice
  13. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Same here. I had suffered veritigo ever since I was 13, and they are less as I get older but I still suffer the dizzy often. Some day i would feel funny and float with light head for days, months... Then out of blue, they dissapper. Then suddenly they pop up again. It is no fun.
  14. auntcon

auntcon New Member

that's why i use the dizzy smiley

Dr said there are a lot of different things that could cause mine--
    fibro meds allergies ear surgery i had in 95 etc.

Last night i tried to sleep and the bed kept moving when i closed my eyes.

I don't drive I'm afraid i'd end up on the sidewalk.
    I walk sideways and hold on to the kiddos or dh and drag them with me sometimes.

it's a real problem
    con
  15. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

Hi!

I've been having dizziness for a month now. Just suddenly! It usually happens just before I menstruate. But now it's there all of the time.

I have low blood pressure (104/60 SA parameters)so I thought it might be that but I also know that it is a symptom of FM.

So who knows!

Fibrotears
  16. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

Vertigo was one of my first symptoms. I get it periodically.

I also get extreme lightheadedness, to the point I almost faint (actually did once). I have had it a lot lately. I had a viral infection that gave me a fever. When my temperature was high, the lightheadedness got much worse. My doc told me I have orthostatic issues, but he's hoping they will go away once I'm over the illness (translation... spring hopefully).

[ advertisement ]