Poll please: How were you told on Disability approval

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joannie1, Sep 6, 2003.

1. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I am sitting here on the edge of my seat. I was supposed to of had a decision about my SSdisability like two weeks ago and have not yet. Or so the claims rep said when we spoke a few weeks ago.

My question is, were you contacted by your claims rep that you were apporved or were you sent a letter with the approval? It has been since the beginning of May that i put in my reconsideration and this is unusual to not hear something from them yet. My first time around things went real fast ( all denials though) and this time it is taking forever it seems.
    Thank you for your responses.
    love,
    joannie
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I got a letter. It came about 6 weeks after my hearing. That was 18 yrs. ago though, and I understand the SSD process is even slower now. Hang in there!
    Klutzo
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

I am afraid that you are the one that had a time limit. They will take their time. I don't really remember how long it took but it was months before I knew. Put your feet up! Another friend found out she was approved when she checked her bank balance one day and found all her back disability in her account. What a pleasant shock since she was afraid she had bounced a check!
  4. janet38

janet38 New Member

hi,are you just in reconsiderration .have you went in front of the judge?
    just curious .i am now on first denial if ssi and they are reconsidering it ..but not heard from other
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Thank you for your replies.
    I have not been in front of the judge no. This is the second time around with applying and I put in a grievance to the chief adm. law judge for the first time around. I was not treated fairly by the judge and now it is being investigated on the first time around. Hopefully I do not have to go in front of another judge, don't like them after the first one. But with this being my second time around with Disability, I am going by the time it took last time. However when i did speak with the claims rep she said they had everything in and that the Doctors' were reviewing everything and that i would have a determination within two to three weeks. Which was over a week or two ago.
    Thanks again.
    Joannie
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

that I was approved. I have posted several times about my experience with SSD. After the reconsideration level, which I was denied, I requested that my case be reviewed by an ALJ without a hearing. He reviewed it and approved it based on my medical records.

I hope you get a final answer very soon.

Dara
  7. annepat

annepat New Member

I had horrible problems changing my diagnosis of record from psych to CFS, Lyme etc.-SSA would only subtract medical expenses for psych diagnosis, not for CFS etc.

I had no problem w/psych diagnosis-my Dr. screwed up while he was in private practice-he now runs peds psych program for my state...state has been sued etc....
  8. reva727

reva727 New Member

I retired from Civil Service last year. I filled out the paperwork, sent it in, and got notified by mail about three months later. I never was called by anyone or anything else.

[ advertisement ]