POLL: Prior to getting ill, how often did you eat fast food?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Mar 26, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

Before I got sick I was eating fast food at least 10 times a week. I have never been over weight but wonder if my eating so much fast food may have something to do with my illness. I would have to say that I ate 10 fast food meals a week for nearly 10 years!

Even after illness I have continued to eat fast food at least 3 times a week.
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I think there could be something to your question. I don't know if it's just fast food in itself but the diet which that represents.

I have had hypoglycemia for most of my life but never understood the chronic detrimental impact it was having on my body. I did eat fast food a lot, but more than that, I wasn't eating to maintain my blood sugars. I believe that has played a major role in my decline. I think over many years of not understanding my problem, my system has been breaking down, leaving me with FM, etc...

NOW, I am making huge efforts to eat for my system. I can tell when I stray because I crash hard.

Do you think this could be your experience?

Sofi
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I was never allowed to have it as a child so I never wanted it as I got older. I thought it was pretty gorss. I actually only began to have sugar when I went to college.
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Very little....

June
  5. patches25

patches25 New Member

Prior to getting sick--never. Believe it or not--there are some small towns that never had those kinds of places. E.
  6. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I think it's disgusting. I can't even stand the smell driving past those places.

My kids don't eat it either. Thank God! They are spoiled to fillet Mignon, grilled fresh fish, organic milk, stir fry, and steamed veggies. :)
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

before and since I became ill in 94 - so no relation to that on my part.

Interesting though.

love
    Rosie
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Plus I was athletic, always running and a hurdler too. Played sports the full 9 yards. Always into healthy eating. Great childhood full of good foods as my mother would never buy anything in a can except corned beef and peas-oh and spam of all things. This was because during World War 2 they had very little food and I was born just after, so everything was on ration(UK) till I was seven, so we used to get parcels from USA. BUt we raised our own meat and eggs, so that would be rarely.

Now I'll make this odd confession. I really liked Spam. Even though I am a fish eating veggie, will occasionally eat organic fowl, I have to say that I sometimes buy turkey spam full of awful things for me I am sure and make myself a big sandwich of spam with ketchup!) So THAT is my occasional junk food. I LOVE it.

Love Anne C

Love Anne C
  9. bct

bct Well-Known Member

and I DON'T consider dark chocolate junk --- and I love organic bitter-sweet Terra-Nostra!

But, seriously, I ate maybe one hamburger a year, in times of emergency, before I became ill. I don't think there was a relationship for me. Or could it have been those calf-brains in brown butter that I ate in France in the late 80's? Aaargh! But they sure were good!
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

No fast food as a child. It didn't even exist in the rural area where I grew up. Very sporadic fast food eater as an adult. Mostly when traveling.
  11. damz68

damz68 New Member

I am down from 10 times because I no longer work. When I worked I ate fast food lunches every day. That is 5 meals.

Nutrician may have something to do with this. We have to figure that many people have horrible diets and they are not sick.

I think in order to help ourselves we need to think about what we were doing years prior to the illness. Any bad habits. Even though I doubt that diet is the main cause it may play a part, that is why I asked this question.

Thanks for the responses, hopefully there will be more.
  12. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Hardly ever. I had been a vegetarian for years before I was diagnosed with CFIDS. I actually feel somewhat better when I balance out eating "good" meats with other good for me foods .... and I treat fast food as a rare treat (and only when I am feeling relatively good and not having a flare do I eat it).

Interesting question though. :)
  13. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Nope, not much, but loooooove sugar. Even after I became a juvenile diabetic, I still age sugar. Now, not so much...perhaps a little organic dark chocolate.

Keep cutting back and you'll feel better, I bet.

skierchik