Poll Question :where do you hurt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by concretegirl, Jan 18, 2006.

1. concretegirl

concretegirl New Member

When you feel like crap, and I mean crap. The crappest time of the month where do you hurt the most.

Is it the collar bone, knees, wrists, back etc..
  2. MKlady

MKlady New Member

The pain moves up and down my back from neck to hips. It's a burning throbbing painful achy pain and from one day to the next I don't know where it's going be. Other things hurt but NOTHING hurts as bad as my back!
  3. Megumi

Megumi New Member

When I'm in a flare I hurt EVERYWHERE, even in my little toes, a curl up in a ball and don't touch me pain.

When I'm not in a flare it's sort of like walking around with a mild flu - overall dull ache that triggers fatigue from trying to keep on through it. Sometimes the hurt will be more intense in an arm or leg.

Sometimes the hurt comes in the form of what I call "cattle prods" - a sharp jab like a knuckle hit that sends shock waves through my whole body. They, too, hit mostly arms and legs, very sporadic, always out of nowhere, occasionally taking me to my knees.

Interesting, while writing this I realized I don't generally have pain in my torso (except for IBS bouts). Why would torso muscles be less affected than limb muscles?

Cool thread. Thanks
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

upper back, neck, shoulders, coller bone, ribcage, hips, sometimes the long bones.. legs arms.. headaches, jaw, stomuch.. hands and feet
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

in my collar bone, neck, upper back and legs.
  6. lin-z

lin-z New Member

mostly shoulder (deltoids) and triceps , lower body.. quadriceps glutes hamstrings neck mid thoracic on and on and on knees and it hurts my heart to hurt so much :(
  7. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

although on really bad days I do have some pain in my neck and my ankles and feet as well. That's not too often, though, thank God.

I have felt very fortunate that for the most part my FM pain is centralized in my shoulders, arms (both upper and lower), elbows and hands. Yes it's bad, but although sometimes I can't do anything but cry because it hurts so bad, I have to stop myself and remember that I actually have it pretty good. I can walk around with little problem (although I can't do stairs anymore at all, that makes my thigh muscles burn like crazy) and I can get comfortable in bed most nights with the help of strategically placed pillows. Many, many of the friends I've met here on this board don't fare as well, I'm afraid.

I feel so bad for those of you who have back and leg pain, I really think that must be worse than arm pain. And those of you who have all-over all-the-time pain, you are in my prayers. I can't even imagine that.

Kat
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2006]
  8. citrine

citrine New Member

I hurt all over from head to toe,it is worse during a flare sometimes my lower back and chest,headache,stomach will hurt the most,it is awful. Take Care, Citrine
  9. day2day

day2day Member

This is a good question, but not such an easy answer for me.

I have several different flairs.

1. I get chronic outbreaks of shingles which causes me more of a lymph node flair up along with the horrible nerve sensitivity that goes along with that, at that point usually I have infection running thru me.

2. I get flairs of mimmicking a full blown flu, these can happen in a matter of a min, I will be fine( well as fine as one with CFS/fibro can be), and then ,WAM it hits me out of nowhere in the space of a minute. I have actually had people with me when this happens and they can physically see me wilt before their eyes in that short time span. Those flairs usually land me in bed for 4 days or more.

3. I have flairs of legs and feet pain where just walking is like running a 25 mile marathon, walking to the bathroom and back to the bed/couch is like reaching the finish line, still waiting for my medal lol.

4. Hands, back, neck and oh so bad bad headaches with dizziness and nausea.

5. I don't know if any of you consider this pain, but the overwhelming fatigue at times when it ,for me anyway actually hurts not to just basically drop where I am and sleep. I call this bone crushing fatigue, does anyone else experience this at all?

There is more but I think those are the top ones for me.

Of course pain is a constant companion, but when it is managable to just get through a day, I am truly greatful.
  10. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Most of my pain is in the right upper back, shoulder blade, and shoulder. Stiffness, aching and pain.

I have sore lumps all over - especially in the shoulder blade area. If I do not get enough rest, or overdo it - I am sick.

I make sure to take my meds everyday.
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

You name it, and I hurt there!

In fact, I even hurt where the sun doesn't shine!! LOL
  12. motherof2nky

motherof2nky New Member

I guess if I had to pick an area it would be my lower back and hips. Or maybe my shoulders and neck or maybe my feet and ankles. *lol*

motherof2nky
  13. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Is this pain like a shooting sharp pain that takes your breath away pain in between your shoulders that only last for a little bit? I've just experience that so I'm trying to figure out if this is something new developing...I don't have pain anywhere else as of yet...
  14. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi concretegirl and all,

I hurt all the way between my hips, backside, lower back, shoulders, especially around the shoulder blades, and neck.
    Lately I have been having swelling in my hands and feet and pain in all of my joints...hands, elbows, knees, etc.

Thanks for asking...it's interesting the read the variety of responses.

Blessings, Ann
  15. atpeace

atpeace New Member

Like many of you, no spot on my body has been left untouched by pain at some time or another.

I would have to say that the worst areas for me are my arms and hands. Then my feet, knees, and hips. My upper back and shoulders feel very tight and sore, but I don't have the stabbing pain there that I do in my limbs.

Pain. Yuck. :(

Lori
    [This Message was Edited on 03/10/2006]
  16. Bambi

Bambi New Member

My FM does not have any discretion as to where it will hurt the most when I flare. I just thank God I have medications that make it tolerable now after many years of inadequate to
    NO relief. It's always there, sometimes worse than others, but it's usually something I can still manage
    to do a few things..where there was a time I could do nothing, ever.
  17. yuckie

yuckie New Member

I can totally relate. My pain and fatigue is exactly like what you've described. Wow!
  18. Suzan

Suzan New Member

The last couple weeks, I have had that on and off flu feeling that I equate with a flare...also either hot..or freezing...but having a normal temp.
    But, the fibro PAIN is in my knees, and HIPS, and lower back. I had 5 days...where I could barely walk, even with my pain meds in full swing. Sleep has been disrupted by pain nightly. Some nights so bad I have had to get up and go get my pain med just to relieve it enough to go back to sleep. By the end of the day..my elbows and collar bones and shoulders and back of my head, and top of my head are all very sensitive to touch.

I would say this is the worst flare I have had so far as far as pain goes. UGH UGH UGH.
  19. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I don't think it can get any worse for me. A bad day is when I cannot get out of bed and have to ask my wife to help me to the living room so that I can at least watch TV.

This usually happens 2 or 3 times a month and lasts for 2 to 3 days at a time. If it weren't for the pain meds who knows what would happen.

I hate it when this happens. Here's a question for everybody maybe it should be it's own post.

What do you do when you can no longer move because of the unrelenting pain?????????

Jake
  20. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I hurt mostly all over but my most painful areas are;

My head which include chronic daily headaches & Migraines in my temple area,

Pain in my arms, wrists and fingers,

Lower back, legs and soles of feet.

My quality of sleep is so horrible now I can't sleep that long before I wake up restless and have no choice but to get up.