POLL Results: What month did you get Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klutzo, Aug 7, 2003.

1. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Here are the results to the poll I did here regarding the study I read about that showed more fibro onset in winter, esp. in January, suggesting a viral cause.
    When someone said "I got it in early summer" I put them in June, since that is the start of summer. Most replies were not that vague. Some even had an exact date.
    46 people replied. Results in order of frequency:

Janurary = 13
    July = 7
    October = 7
    February = 4
    May = 3
    December = 3
    June = 2
    August = 2
    November = 2
    March = 1
    April = 1
    September = 1

While these are all over the year, there definitely were more in January, just as the larger study showed.

Klutzo
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

This is great, and backs up a theory covered on a Nutritional course i`m about to start in Sept.

They talk about the solstice as a time the body goes into cleansing etc... All sounds crazy stuff but has to be something in all this. Also, 3 the highest figures are 3 monthly apart.

Apparently our periods are controlled by the moon, we uptake Magnesium on a waxing moon and release in a waning moon. Magnesium deficiency is not the only cause of PMT - it`s because our bodies are also out of phase with the moon!due to stress and other deficiencies like Omega 3 (Flaxseed Oils great for regulating hormones & cell regeneration etc...)

This poll was a good idea, thanks again.

Love Pat.