POLL*TOP 10 TIPS GETTING UP IN THE MORNING!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntieV, Feb 26, 2006.

1. AuntieV

AuntieV Member

HI,

I have to be at work at 7:30 am, Most mornings it is all
    I can do to fall out of bed...get ready for work...look for
    my lost car keys...find the keys, get in the car..realize I
    forgot my lunch...back in the house ....Feel like my brain
    is mush....Get to work realize I have one earring in, one
    blue sock one black sock. I am not the most organized person..I try to have my clothes laid out the night before,
    lunch made, etc. but I always feel like I am in a mad scramble....Does anyone have any tips that would help.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks!!!
    Vicki

[This Message was Edited on 03/01/2006]
  2. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I wish I did have some tips because I feel the same way. Maybe someone on here will. I'm glad you posted this, as it helps to know I'm not alone in these feelings. I hate work mornings!!
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I would always make sure my clothes were laid out the night before even down to my socks and underwear, shoes, earrings and any other jewelery you may want to wear.

Also I have hung a nail by the front door to hang my keys on and I just make myself do that. Also on your front door on the inside just write the word LUNCH on a piece of paper and tape it to the door.

Hope this helps you some and praise to you for pushing on and still wroking wish I could.

Pamela
  4. petesdragon

petesdragon New Member

Make a list. Get up a little bit earlier. Realize panic makes your brain function worse so calm down. Many years ago I got up 30 minutes before my children. I lay on the divan and my mantra was "I will be nice to my children this morning. Their day is going to go better if I help make it a pleasant morning." This was when they had to share one bathroom and both boy and girl had to shampoo their hair again if it didn't look right the first time. I HATE mornings but it saved a lot of bad feelings.
  5. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Although I am only getting my daughter to preschool (not working) is to try to do as much as I can the day/night before, when I have more time and can think clearly. Honestly, I usually am pretty clear-headed in the mornings, but my daughter takes forever to do anything and often still acts out, so no matter how early I'm up, I always am short on time.

For example, yesterday I made her lunch and put it in the fridge, I even put some things to bring in the car the night before (we have a garage), and I took a shower in the evening as well as had her dad give her a bath. I also do my best to make sure the dishes, etc. are put away/cleaned up each night, so I don't have anything extra waiting for me the next morning.

I also try to put everything in the exact same place, always. Hubby constantly derails this (puts nothing away), and it causes me huge stress, a lot. So doing the same might help...and the idea of putting your keys, purse, etc. right by the door is a very good one (as well as the note about your lunch).

And don't beat yourself up too hard if you only have on one earring or don't have matching socks. You're only human, like everyone else, and likely your coworkers won't even notice. If they do, just tell them, "Hey, haven't you heard about the new non-matching thing? It is the latest trend this spring! Everyone is doing it!!!!" :)

Best of luck to you!
    C.
  6. AuntieV

AuntieV Member

You guys are great...thanks for the tips and support. It
    is nice to communicate with people who understand all the
    quirks and bad days that come along with this condition.

Getting up earlier, do as much the night before.etc.
    I have got to stop hitting the snooze button...Some mornings
    I can sleep and it alarming.....That is after being awake
    until 3 and have to get up at 6:00.
    Thanks!!!!
    Vicki
  7. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Not sure how much help I'll be because I have the same problem. What I am going to try is to set the alarm for 30 minutes before I have to get up.

For me it's more the stiffness that I have a problem with. If I allow myself to hit the snooze button twice, I find I'm able to get out of bed without falling (and I'm not so foggy)!

All the best

Eileen
  8. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I could lend you my 4 y.o. daughter. She is up every day about 6:30 am, and she is quite persistent in waking Mommy up. I would love to sleep in once in awhile...want to borrow her??? :)

No, really, hope you got some good suggestions that help.
    C.
  9. proo

proo New Member

In addition to the house sticky notes, I also have notes in full view of me while driving. These I use to remind me of errands I must run after work/days off. In addition, I attach notes to my purse while at home or at work. They may look a little goofey, but I nothing gets omitted. I keep a pad by my bed usefull for jotting down various thoughts I know I will forget in the morning.

Perhaps you will find these ideas of use to you.

Yours in health, proo
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Have a clock radio that you can set to wake you up gently before the alarm goes off to get up.

Have a lamp within reach of the bed. Once the radio has been on for a bit, turn on the lamp.

Take some sublingual Coemzyme Q10 along with the apple.
  11. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

What gets me going in the morning?
    My husband turns the light on, brings me coffe, the remote and the phone every morning before he leaves for work. then he hands me my pill box.All this at 5:30 am. He then calls me about 15 minutes later to see if I'm awake and drinking coffee. He knows if I'm truely awake if he hears the tv in the back ground. He then reminds me to take my pills. I don't know what I would do with out him in the mornings!! I then have 45 minutes to get ready for the day to start and thats when I wake up the kids for school. God Bless my husband and cell phones!!
    Cindy
  12. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

And I feel like I am going to die most of the time. Only thing I can suggest is sleeping alot on the weekends.

Wish I had better advice...
  13. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Man, oh, man...Man...that's rough! Glad you can at least sleep in on the weekends! How do you do it (get up to be at work by 5:30)? Pray, do tell!

And Cindy, your husband sounds divine! Lucky girl! Can he be cloned?????

I appreciate the extra tips, too, because as much as I try, I have trouble starting my day often, as well. Thanks!

C.[This Message was Edited on 03/01/2006]
  14. petesdragon

petesdragon New Member

I keep several clothespins in my car. I put one on the gear shift if I need to get gas, another if I am out of bread or milk, another for each errand. Now my gear shift is so fat I put them on the air conditioning knob -- wherever if works. Once my sister saw me put four clothesping on the gear shift and asked me if I had to do it to get the car started. LOL
  15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

old with autism. When he wakes up everyone wakes up and no amount of explaining will change that.

After weeks of trying to get him to stop, he started waking us up to say he was not gouing to wake us up today.

LOL Anne
  16. HuggyLady

HuggyLady New Member

Clothspin idea sounds great except I would forget what I had put the pins there for. I am not working any longer and have no longer have children at home but I still can't remember everything when I leave the house. Good luck to you and thanks for the tip.
  17. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Except that I am forced to support my family and starting over in a different career would be really hard financially especially in a high cost of living area like we have here in San Diego.
  18. jake123

jake123 New Member

I could easily sleep till 9;30 every morning. But, I wake up at 5:00 and get into the shower and I am ready by 6:00 and on my way to the coffee shop.
    I sit at a table by some old geezers who keep track of me and want a doctors' note when I'm not there :) I try to read the paper and eat my breakfast. I leave at 10 minutes to 7:00 and get to school by 7:00 so I can make sure that kids that get dropped off do not leave.
    The coffee shop time is my time of the day and fixes my attitude and I am selfish about it. I would rather be 10 minutes late than miss my coffee shop time.