POLL: wellbutrin and smoking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Apr 11, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

How many were prescribed this to aid in stopping smoking?????????

My PCP wanted to give this to me today to help quite smoking. I went from 2 packs a day to 1 1/4 a day in a month.

My PCP says that's not fast enough. I don't wish to stop either just cut down to maybe 1 pack aday or less.

I know this is an AD and would refuse to take it anyway.

Jake
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2006]
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

When I first started on it, it just naturally happened, w/ no extra w/drawal or willpower required, I just smoked less. Happens every time I've upped my dose too. Conversely though, I've been slowly weaning off Wellbutrin this year and smoke a bit more again. It seems to level out and I can get the reduced smoking ground back a little as I get used to the lesser dose of Wellbutrin.

Jeanne
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Well I was prescribed Wellbutrin for depression.

I have to honestly say that since they have upped it to 300mg since my son was born I have no desire to smoke!!

When he was first born I was on 150mg and was having a really hard time not starting back. In fact I actually had a couple of cigarettes.

But seriously since they upped my dosage I have no desire!! I can even be around people and it doesn't bother me.

I think you are doing the best you can as far as quitting. Heck getting down a quarter of a pack a day in a month is pretty good for being that heavy of a smoker.

I would do what feels right for you. If you don't want to be on an antidepressant then don't do it because you will just hate it and it probably won't work.

Good luck!

(((HUGS)))

kate