POLL: what do you do when.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by camelgirl, Feb 27, 2003.

1. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

you wake up at 3am and can't get back to sleep...i know this happens to a lot of us and was just wondering if anybody has anything interesting that they do when the rest of the world is asleep...right now i'm thinking about going to dunkin' donuts(i know, i know: sugar is bad, but i'm up in the middle of the night for the 3rd night in a row and don't really care right now!!!:)...waiting to hear y'all's input on this one.
    peace,hugs,god bless, camelgirl
  2. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

i just come here and read have thought of going out and getting a muffin . have thought this would be a good time to start house work but never have .In the spring i wait for day lite to come and get out side and work in my gardens . before i had the computer i use to read a lot more . also have thought that i am more awake at this time of the night or day what ever you what to call it it would be a great time to go shopping at this time but no stores are open . bye for now and hugs
    ps i also listen to the art bell radio talk show to pass the time[This Message was Edited on 02/28/2003]
  3. JP

JP New Member

I wake up too many times and suffer from too little sleep, as many of us do. The sugar sounds great! I rarely leave my home...sometimes I will go food shoping. It's kind of fun in the middle of the night at the all night stores. There is an interesting crowd of shoppers at 3:00AM! I usually get on this computer, as you can see. I never know if this stimulates me or puts me back to sleep. I am not much for television...I like to listen to the Art Bell radio talk show. It's usually pretty scary...now that won't help either. I think I like your idea...I just had some green jello and pain meds. It's 2:30 AM in my part of the world...I will probably be up the rest of the night. I woke up at 1:00AM after 3 hours of sleep. If I am going to get back to sleep, it usually happens within the first 30 minutes of being awake. My heads starts to bob and I am off to bed. Right now I am thinking about a good cup of French Roast...a donut would go well with that coffee...now I thinking about that darn donut!

Enjoy...Jan
  4. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

if i put evil thoughts of glaze, cream filling, jelly, powdered sugar, etc., etc., into your head:)
  5. allie124

allie124 New Member

I am almost always up in the middle of the night. Unfortunately I have to be quiet so my husband can sleep. Otherwise I'd at least play some music. Many times I leave the dishes in the sink for times like this, ao I'll have something to do. Or I'll do a bit of yoga if it isn't too cold. It has been a pretty brutal winter as far as the cold so I have to be careful about that. I'll do more harm than good if it isn't warm enough when I stretch. Before I was married I would go grocery shopping. Nobody cared if I lost my focus and took a couple hours to finally get everything. No waiting in line either!
  6. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

i have roommates, so i too must be quiet...i also was considering doing the super wal-mart thing, i thought it might be a bit more productive than dunkin' donuts...i guess we all have the same options in the middle of the night which seem to be few and far between.
  7. Echos

Echos New Member

I'll let you know, when I can figure out how to get to sleep so I can wake up in the middle of the night and ask the same question. It's 4:00am and still have yet to fall asleep. This is a nightly routine for me, but hey, find out if they have a glazed donut for me......can you make that 2 glazed donuts why your at it? You've kind of made me hungry now. :)
    Thanks,
    Echos
  8. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

bumpity bump:)
  9. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

i'm so amazed by you because you sound so much like me...i'm not nearly as eloquent with words as you are(which is why i haven't posted on that other topic yet, still thinking about what to say), but you usually articulate what is in my head and my heart...i think we have a bit of a spiritual connection...anyway, keep your wonderful responses coming please...they inspire me.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2003]
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

Sandy, you're right about the Zanaflex. I used to spend a lot of sleepless nights until I met Zanaflex, too. I take 4 tablets and in a few hours I am zonked out, so I take it at a different time each night based on what time I want to go to bed (some nights TV is better and I want to stay up late!) This is the greatest drug for sleep--it's a true muscle relaxer! I second your comment on "can't praise this drug enough."
  11. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

If I can't go to sleep after laying in bed for an hour (which happens 4 out of 7 days of the week), I get up & get a pop tart & a glass of ice water & come here & read the posts & read e-mails. When I get bored w/that I play my PC Mahjongg game til my eyes go out of focus. I am usually up til 2-3am though I did pull an up-all-nighter this week. I take neurontin & flexeril to sleep & it just doesn't do it. Had been taking Ativan, but it stopped working-have also tried Trazadone, Ambien, Sonata.......Maybe an elephant (tranquilizer) gun would do the trick???
    ***Pixie***
  12. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

hmmmmmmm, [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]
  13. Dlee

Dlee New Member

It's 2:40am in my world and I'm washing clothes and drying and hubby sawing logs,sometimes I get so mad how easy he falls alsleep and sleeps 6-8 hours .I't really depends on my pain level at what I do.Lifetime movie works good if I wake up like 3-4am after2-3 hrs of sleep.Reading but my eyesight is not that good anymore and clean house(I just can't get in the habit of doing that at night)and the computer to see how you guys doing.My sweet cravings is ritz's crackers and marshmellow creme and I"m out and you all talking sweets......Donna
  14. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

until I fall asleep or don't. dolsgirl
  15. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

this time it's 5:43, but i've been up since about 4...this has been happening for at least a week now, and i'm getting pretty fed up...hopefully my sleep study will tell me something...when it gets to be around this time in the morning, i don't know if it's better to stay up or try to go back to sleep???
    peace, hugs, god bless, camelgirl
  16. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

That's my Spoiled Baby/puppy, and he Loves the fact that I get up so early, usually between 1 and 2 am, Sometimes the Stars are out and at other times it's cloudy, but either way, I enjoy being able to See them.

I spend most of my Computer time at night/earlyam. It's not as busy usualy,well over here on the FMS board that is.
    Over on the ChitChat board, tho, it's usually pretty quite, and I get a chance to catch up on the Shinagians of the day before They are a crazy , oops, I mean a Nice Goup of Ladies. So if you want , please feel free to come on over and join into the Fun, Bring Napkins, you'll need to wipe off the computer, If your drinking Coffee, like I do. lol
    You never Know when the Punchline is coming. so be prepared.

I live in the Los Angeles area and with the diverse jobs here folks work around the clock, so now we Finally have Stores, Pharmacy's, and other business, like Bowling Alley's, are always open, and it's fun to go watch them Bowl, I can't do that anymore, but I do like to watch.

I like to shop early, because I Hate Crowds, 3 or more in a Store is a Crowd to me these day's, and I find that Sick folks do not shop at night, they stay at Home In Bed. lol

I don't go back to bed, It makes me Spacy and then I really feel like a Mac Truck hit me. I find it's better to get up and move around a little, stretch the muscles, they Cramp real bad if I Toss and Turn, so i get up.

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  17. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

for the input...i have been over to the c.c. board and all i can say is: WHOA BABY!!....their bodies may be out of energy, but their brains certainly are still going at full speed....i guess that's what happens when you put a bunch of girls together in one room, right?LOL!!