Poll: What is the strangest thing you've done for a cure?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Apr 5, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Chances are, we've all done some fairly unusual therapies or have taken unusual substances in order to get better.
    The strangest thing I've done was to have a four hour ceremony with a Navajo medicine man. I used to teach Navajo students, and I got to know Navajo culture quite well. The medicine man sang over me and did a sand painting. I think it was part of the Enemy way ceremony (for those of you who read Tony Hillerman). I did heal somewhat in the months after the ceremony, but then I relapsed badly a year ago.
    What is the strangest thing you've done, and do you think it was helpful?
    Thanks.
    Kholmes
  2. pamj

pamj New Member

We also have a friend who is a Shaman, and she asked me to come to her house for a healing session. I figured it couldn't hurt, and I was willing to try anything.

She told me to wear a bikini bathing suit so I would be exposed as much as possible. She did things that weren't too surprising, like blowing smoke on me, and rubbing flower petals on my skin... but then came the part where she took a mouthful of alcohol (whisky?), and blew fire at me while I stood in the middle of the room. It was really wild! Apparently, the alcohol burns so quickly, the flames barely touched me, but it was a weird sensation of hot & cold at the same time. I could feel the liquid hitting my skin just a fraction of a second before it evaporated.

So, I guess having fire blown at me was probably the strangest thing I've tried so far!!!

This is a fun post, I can't wait to hear more answers!
    Pam
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

who developed cancer & when her cancer was treated her cfids was cured by the chemo as well. So I thought I probably couldn't get chemo so I went to an alternative cancer treatment center claiming to have the same success rates as conventional treatments. My theory was off. I went from Maine to Mexico to this clinic which was quite impressive as far as teating cancer but the treatment didn't help me. They did claim however, that they have helped CFIDS patients before. It was crazy expensive too. You have to give us all credit for trying! Also, if not for the trip I never would have been to San Diego or Mexico. AMY
  4. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

WakeMeUp
    Was taking Bee Alive capsuels for 3 months. It had something in them from bee's that was suppose to heal CSF! At least that's what the lady on QVC said. Money down the drain - they were expensive too.

I almost forgot i tried that as well for a few months. its amazing how many things ive tried and almost completely forgot about.

Strangest thing for me had to be "RIFE" machines or "Electromedicine". The one i used, i had made at a TV repair shop, from written up technical plans i had bought(still have) It didn't use a million frequencies like the more popular rife machines. I used that thing twice a day for with blood sweat and tears through it for almost three months. REally didn't do all that much. I think the technology still has validity, but didn't do what i wanted it to.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

guafenesin for well over a year. At first I thought it might be helping, but I realize now that I just wanted it to help-it wasn't really helping my FMS. But at least I gave it a good try.

The things I am doing now that are not really strange is stress reduction, resting more (naps every afternoon), pacing myself, eating well, exercising several times a week, taking pain medication, plus an antidepressant. I also take vitamin and mineral supplements. I also do a lot of stretching every day. It's a lot to do, but I am sleeping better and not having as much pain so I can do more now.

Ellen
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

dialuad works for pain..but i can not take that on a daily bais or hardly ever..when you have kids and resposnsiblities and you are all alone to do it...

i have bought other stuff at vitamin stores...

i am at the conclusion...there is truly no cure...getting ideas and more knowledge and until then i have to pacify myself in ways i can...

jodie
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

8. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... is to carry on day by day in my illness.
    To try meds that I didn't have faith in.
    To trust in the people that I did have faith in.
    To hold out hope for a cure.
    To shut off hope to numb out the greater losses.
    To journal
    To think positive thoughts
    To try eating a little more chocolate, then a little less chocolate
    And finally, to know
    That the real battle is how I choose to feel about myself
    From day to day
    And that all that really exists is today.