POLL:What kind of posts do you answer/ read?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Sep 24, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Do you read all posts?

What kind of posts do you tend to reply to? Off topics, or topics?

Do you reply to a post that is being bumped alot because it recieves no replies?

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Because I do not have time. I read the topic and decide which to read. I reply to OT and regular topics.

I try to go back and read the ones I reply to in case anyone comments or asks questions about what I post.

I sometimes will reply or bump someones post if it recieves no replies.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I reply to posts where I think I might have something to offer but if there are many other replies already, sometimes on a very tired day, I'll pass it and get it another day if it's still evident.

I mostly post on-topic but on the weekends I am drawn to more OTs. Guess I like the break. I do enjoy the funny posts that the Rock contributes and MrDad so I'll go to their posts as well as to the Book Club ones.

Being older than many here I think I have a different perspective than some, a lot of hindsight, and I hope it helps.

Marta
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

It kind of depends on how I feel.

Sometimes I just can't handle the stress of other people's crisis so I read the OT funny stuff.

Other times I try to help someone in crisis.

I also sometimes look to see how many responses have been posted, if its a lot sometimes I might read but feel I don't have anything to add.

When I have the energy I also will respond to a post that hasn't received a reply so it will get bumped.
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

I have a lot of issues and I am currently on 5 boards so it is impossible ot read all posts. I read the title and if it interests me I will read it. I don't read posts about family problems, your disability pension ( I am not from the US) or some symptoms ( especially on the fm cfs and diabetes board) as I am new to both and don't know enough to say anything. If a post has 0 posts and it asks a question sometimes I will answer and say I don't know and hope that someone will answer so that the person doesn't feel ignored.
    Cath
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Reasons for being on this board:

1) Learn about people's experiences about various things that have helped them get better (physically, not emotionally)

2) Share information if I have feel I have particular experience or knowledge about a topic dealing with getting better

I try not to get into other subjects since writing posts can take a lot of time, although I have on a few occasions.

**I wish that it were easier for me to read other people's life experiences, since it's hard for me to know if a particular person who's responding to a post has problems similar to mine (and thus whether I might benefit from the same things that s/he has). I put a "health history" on my bio page and really, really wish that everyone else would do the same.**

There's an awfully lot of stuff on fibromyalgia on this board. This is a very small problem for me, and so those posts are all basically irrelevant to me. I think I might be more likely to stick with this board (I probably will give it up after a while) if it just dealt with issues not having to do with fibromyalgia. People with fibromyalgia could have their own board, and those who wanted could subscribe to both. Many others may disagree with me on this though, I know.

The bumps are useful just because I don't always glance over all the topics on the board due to getting busy.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2006]
  7. spacee

spacee Member

those are USUALLY the ones I respond to but then it seems to me that other people give such good advice....I don't say anything.

We have some REALLY good people on this board!!

Hugs,

Spacee
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

I read a lot of the posts.

I reply if I have anything new to add.

I rarely read posts that have no descriptive title.

I try to welcome as many newbies as I can.

I read all the funny, witty ones; you get to know them after awhile!

I read mostly about CFS and really LOVE those who mention CFS in the title. I have FM too, but it is not as big a problem to me as CFS, so I like to read those posts.

I rarely read OT posts; I'd like to see separate boards for FM and CFS also, and I'd like a board for those who need help with family and personal problems, so I could go there specifically in order to see if I have any experience in the things being discussed: again, TITLES are very important!

I like research articles if they are broken into readable paragraphs; otherwise, I fall asleep or off my chair trying to decipher them.

I love the board; just hope some of the "kinks" get worked out with Rich's new ideas...gee, hope he reads these!

Good post, thanks

findmind
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Lots of good answers! Keep it rollin' in!

Yes, I tend to go to posts by people I feel I "know" if you will! Occationally I don't; usually if I'm having a crappy-patty day, or I just don't have an answer.

I tend to bump others posts if there are no replies.

Sometims I'm information-hungry and look for posts with articles, etc.

I reach out when I see posts about troubled family issues, sometimes it's easier to get help from people here, than friends who may have relations (being friends) with the person you're venting about.

Aww, Wake, that is soo true! Hugs, all

[This Message was Edited on 09/24/2006]
  10. lease79

lease79 New Member

Usually I reply to threads that I feel have relevance to my own situation, or which I have had experience with.

I will also reply to a thread that has no replies, because the board moves extremely fast & it can be quite depressing to get no replies.
  11. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I will reply where I have some personal knowledge I feel can help. Also will reply to someone asking for help if they don't have a lot of replies even if I don't have a lot of knowledge on the topic.

I will welcome new folks to the board and send positive responses to those feeling down.

I read a lot more topics that catch my eye but will not necessarily respond.

I don't enjoy the negative posts that churn up the board. Can't take the stress you know... :)