POLL--- "What Meds have you tryed and what are you on now?"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurts2003, Sep 29, 2005.

1. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

Just curious to see what meds everyone has tryed for Fibromyalgia and what are they on now.

I've tryed Elavil, flexiril, skalaxin, celebrex, paxil, trazodone, effexor, lortab, darvocet, prednizone, zithromax

I'm getting off effexor & trazodone now to try cymbalta.

Curious to see what the most perscribed is?
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I take tramadol and neurontin. The combo seems to work the best for me for pain. Doesn't take it all away, but dulls it to the point that I can ignore it most days. Bad days with more pain I take lots of hot showers and take a nap if I am at home.

I also take flexeril and ZMA, which I order from this site,
    to inhance sleeping.

Also, tart cherry juice is good for inflamation.

Take care, Sally
  3. well I am on neurontin, effexor xr and vicodin when needed.
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Enalapril + water pill for high BP, Plaquenil for sjogren's,Trazadone to sleep with zanaflex. Not sure if any of it helps but I have improved some with the body aches since starting the Plaquenil. I also have tramadol to take if the pain is bad.
  5. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I have tried much, and much of what I've tried has been specifically for the headaches that I experience related to FM. I have tried numerous "triptans" (Maxalt, Imitrex, etc.) to no avail, Topamax, Effexor, Inderal, Lortab, Hycodan (hydrocodone w/out the tylenol), morphine, Flexeril, Reglan, Darvocet, Toradol, Ativan...

What I take now is: Zoloft, Tramadol, Neurontin, Xanax, Zanaflex, and I still have Darvocet on hand, but I don't use it. I also use a TENS unit and Lidoderm patches where I can.

I also take things that are not Rx, to support and balance my system, as I have to imagine all of those chemical compound do quite a number on my sensitive body!

6. spasco

spasco New Member

Codeine #3, FLexeril, Celebrex, several older arthritis drugs I can't remember, Remicade, Tramadol, Darvocet, Darvon, Vicodin 550, Vicodin 550, Percocet, others I can't remember, Morphine 30mg per day, Morphine 50mg per day.

I am now on Lyrica 50mg, Morphine 30mg 2 times a day, SOMA 350mg 3 times a day, Ambien 10mg, occasionally #3 Codeine for breakthrough pain, Nexium 2 times a day, Azathioprine 150mg a day, Iron 2 times a day, Folic Acid, Calcium, Evista (for Osteopenia), Zyrtec, Immodium if needed. I think that covers it!

The Lyrica does seem to help with the pain. I've worn barrettes for 3 days in a row, and my scalp is not screaming in pain. THat is a huge improvement! The Fibro pain has decreased considerably also.

God bless! Stephanie
  7. elsa

elsa New Member

The best meds for me are tramadol, ibuprofen, provigil ( sometimes adderall instead ) aciphex, singulair ( blocks inflammatory leukotrienes)and lunesta.

I also take several amino acids and these supplements...
    colostrum, whey protein concentrate, ala, a-l-carnitine, 1000 mgs Vit. C, whole food b complex, whole food multi vit, vit E, sublingual b-12, lecithin, flax seed,TF essentials.

I take bio-identical hormone therapy for wacked out CFS/FM HPA axis.

And ... yes, I am happy to say I have been steadily improving these past 4 months. Still have more to good, but things are looking way up.

Take care,

Elsa
    P.S. I have an rx for small amount of flexeril, but for several reasons I only take it after I have way overdone and know I have a couple of days of "recovery time" coming.
  8. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

for more replys
  9. ksev

ksev New Member

those of you that have taken vicodin, how long and how much do you take. I have been given some by my Dr. but I am afraid to take it. I know it will help my pain that is so bad but you know how you hear about addiction. To me that is not as bad as the pain, just want some input.
    Thanks
  10. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

I have to switch meds about every 4 months because they just stop working...

Currently taking: Ambien and Mirapex

Have taken:

Xanax, Elavil, Klonopin, Diazepam. Flexeril, Skelaxin, Halcion,...
    Thats all I can think of right now..Fibrofog kicking in..

I have been real pleased with the results of what I am taking currently. I just need to start focusing on controlling the pain. I am getting the sleep under control..

Hugs,
    JPach
  11. dorrene

dorrene New Member

My fibro started in my eary twenties and the CFS started about eight years ago.

About six years ago I started taking thyroid and then later added T3 which did help the fibro (less back pain)and more energy, less depression.

Four years ago the CFS and fibro got a lot worse and my doctor had me try Elavil very small dose. It did not help only made me grogy.

I would take vicodin and now a little darovcet but I try to stay away from opites because I feel they will only make the pain problem worse in the long run due to their side effects and developing tolerance.

Being unable to work more than two days a week until this summer I seem to have found the right natural supplements for me. I am a RN and I believe boosting your immune system is the most important factor in getting well with CFS and Fibro. I now feel great and feel almost "cured".

PLEASE READ THIS: This is what I take on a daily basis: FOR CFS: ELEUTHERO ROOT(siberan ginsing) Gaia brand 3 caps a day helps the adrenals increases energy & stamina HAWTHORN TICTURE: improves cardiac, heart tonic, for all the Low blood pressure and fast heart rate problems, improves blood circulation 1-2 droperfuls 2 x day) takes 1-2 months to get full results HOST DEFENSE mushroom complex: strenghtens the immune system (Very important to do everything you can to strenghten your immune system CFS and Fibro seems to be caused by some sort of infection) 2 caps 2x day CORDYCEPS MycoMedicinals : Improves energy and strenghtens lungs 1-2 dropperful day Eat very healthy, organic, juicing etc no soda, no caffine. FOR IMSOMINA: L-TRYPTOPHAN 500mg per 50 lbs body weight takes up to one month to get full results FOR PAIN: Tart Cherry juice 2 cups a day SYSTEMIC ENZYMES: Take on empty stomach 3-5 caps 3 x day for 2-3 months then 1-2 caps three times a day FISH OILS: EPA & DHA (Nordic Naturals) Ultimate Omega 1 cap 2x day Drinking enough water is very important too. Hot baths, hot water bottle, hot tubs YOGA YOGA YOGA and walking RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME: this really works! MRM Cal-Mag Zinc Liquid 2 tablespoons at bedtime LIQUID CALCIUM works the best for restless leg SUBLINGUAL B VITIMINS: Coenzymate B Complex 3 tabs under tounge a day For anxiety and stress "Feel good vitamins" GOJI JUICE: This stuff is great! Its just juice from a berry but it made a real difference in my health. Californa Acadamy of health has the best juice at the best price. I KNOW this is a lot of stuff to take but I can not be disabled. Just try one or two of these and see if it helps.
    Dorrene

12. JLH

JLH New Member

I have tried so many meds that there is no way that I could remember them all!!!

But right now, for fibro, I am on:

Neurotin
    Cymbalta
    Zanaflex

Janet
  13. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hurts2003,

I have been on: Elavil, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Ultram, Voltaren, Vioxx, Bextra, Zanaflex, Zoloft.

The side effects of these drugs are way too numerous to mention.

I'm now on NO DRUGS. Just supplements. Hugs, Chelz.
  14. Vada

Vada New Member

I have tried so pain meds over the years for different things but am allergic to all except intravenous morphine, demerol and dilautin. My drugs are predominantly trazadone50mg and 200mg lamictal for sleep, 3 mg klonopin for anxiety, 120mg Cymbalata and 100mg Lamictal in morning.

Cymbalata eases the pain sometimes but not much. I can only take limited amounts of ibuprophen and have been told not to take any tylenol.

LaVada
  15. vbjess

vbjess New Member

In the past, I've been on...
    birth control (mircette and others, can't remember their names.. never really understood this one anyway)
    phenergen
    lexapro
    zoloft

some others... can't remember names. figures.

Currently taking:
    St. John's Wort
    synthroid (50mcg)
    Zantac 150's
    motrin (800's)
    librax (this stuff is amazing for GERD, but very expensive)

I also take drixoral or dayquil for allergies (occassionally, as needed) and a children's multivitamin (swallowing big adult multivitamins irritates my stomach -- already have an ulcer -- and I usually feel sick for 2-3 hours afterwards).
  16. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

and I have a high pain threshold so I take as little as possible so my list is quite small:

Neurontin, Effexer, Amitriptyline, Paxil, Lididerm patches
  17. effexor xr, neurontin, and vicodin as needed for pain.
  18. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

I AM CURRENTLY ON PROZAC AND XANAX, ALSO TAKE AN EIGHT HOUR TYLENOL AND EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE. SEEMS TO GET ME THROUGH THE DAY. AND SLEEPING BETTER. GOOD LUCK. VERTIE
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2005]
  19. ckk

ckk New Member

i am on......topomax for my migraines, ultram, and sometimes vicadin still cant get that spelling lol. to anwer somebodys question, sorry forgot whos, w/ the vicadin, i take, when i am in a lot of pain an the ultram is not cutting it, and i take it by direction which is 1 every 4-6 hours.
    ckk
  20. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I take Xanax or Ativan sometimes as needed, Lexapro, Zantac...that's it.