POLL: What pain meds do you use? State?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hartogold, Dec 17, 2005.

1. hartogold

hartogold New Member

I know we all take different meds, herbs, etc. I'm still learning about them and here is the right place for me to learn because you are all so helpful.

Where do you live?

The Fentanyl Patch - 100 mgs every 72 hours
    Percocet 5/325 tab for breakthrough pain

Hugs to you all,
    Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]
  2. hartogold

hartogold New Member

3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I take Ultram or Lortab for the pain. I take 2 ultram every 4 to 6 hours. If ULtram is not effective I take Lortab twice a day. I have a couple different strengths of the Lortab.

4. hartogold

hartogold New Member

I've been considering taking magnesium as well. Does it work without taking the malic acid with it (I think that's what it's called).

I've only been on this much medication for about a month. I know I'm in a lot of pain because the pain meds don't get me high...just takes the edge off of my pain.

I also have some other injuries that are going to need surgery that I suffer from. My right shoulder is torn up will require sugery in the next few weeks. This injury is debilitating.

My right knee will need surgery after I rehab from the shoulder and I have two hernias.

I November I was suicidal because of all the pain. The Fentanyl patches have been helping quite a bit, but the pain never goes below a 5 or 6.

Sandy
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I take Lortabs 10/500 mg. Usually just 1 a day in the early afternoon. I don't take anymore unless I'm in a flare. Then I can have up to 4, but I've never taken over 3 in one day.

I live in Chester, VA.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

lortab 10/500 4x's daily
  7. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I take vicoden...
    Started with just one or two a day..but now it is just part of my daily routine.
    5/500 1 to 2 tablets 4 times a day as needed.

I always LOL at the "as needed" part!
  8. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I have Soma - 3x per day and Percocet 7.5/325 4x per day
  9. hartogold

hartogold New Member

10. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I take morphine sulfate, 45 mg in the morning & afternoon & 75 mg at night, Zanaflex 3-4 times a day and Norco for breakthrough pain.

Leanne
  11. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Just wanted to thank all of you for your responses.

Hopefully, after I'm better from the three surgeries I have coming up, I won't have to take such strong meds and add a muscle relaxant.

I see the surgeon on Weds. Lets pray that the damage in my shoulder isn't as bad as they think.

Hugs and Happy Hollydaze to All!
    Sandy
  12. wangotango

wangotango New Member

oxycontin 40 mgs 3 times a day
    ibuprofen

trenton missouri
  13. severina

severina New Member

I live in Northern Ireland,U.K-

Lyrica(300mg) & Fluoxetine(prozac)(20mg)
    Tramadol when needed.
  14. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

I take generic MS Contin [long-acting morphine] 15 mg 3 times in 24 hours [should be every 8 hours but with my weird sleep schedule I don't take it this way] and then I have Percocet 1 or 2 a day.
    I just moved up to the Percocet from Vicodin and I'm taking them 1/2 a tab every 2-3 hours in the afternoon and evening. So far that's working.
    But the pain never completely goes away and I've been having nasty hip pain in the last few months from bursitis.
    My Doc had suggested the Fentanyl patch but I'm really paranoid that it won't hold me for the 72 or 48 or however many hours it's supposed to. I'll probably need it someday but I'm trying to go slowly - if I'm going to need narcotics for the rest of my life, I don't want them to stop working in a few years [I just turned 54].

Char
  15. Vickie79

Vickie79 New Member

From West Virginia and I take Tynenol 3 was taking Vicindin
  16. chammack

chammack New Member

Howdy from Texas
    The Fentanyl comes in a lollipop form called Actiq. My Pain Management Dr just started me on this because he says it acts quickier than pills. I was taking Loritab and muscle relaxer. Now I use the lollipopp and muscle relaxer. It does work faster and tastes pertty good too; although later on my mouth becomes a little bitter and dry. It also seems to give me a little boost of energy that enables me to actually get something done.
    I also take Cymbalta which did wonders for my leg aches. And now I'm on Welbutrin to help with mt cognitive issues or Fibro Fog too soon to tell on this one.
    chammack
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
  17. adirondackhoney

adirondackhoney New Member

tramadol
    trazadone
    tizanidine
    topomax
    bentyl
    reglan
    hydrochlorathyazide
    to name a few offhand
    nothing that works
    i seem to go 'toxic' from them
    so stop them periodically.
  18. Augustwest

Augustwest New Member

i suffer from chronic back and neck pain i have been in narcotic therapy for 4 yrs i have taken every pill in the book i currently take 24mgs of diluadid every six hrs 4mgs po could kill a person i wish i reserched other ave b4i went down thisroadthe withdrawal alone isenough todrive you mad im not trying to scare you im simply saying to be cautious
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
    somewhere in connecticut[This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]