POLL: what would you do today if you could do anything?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'll go first. Wind surfing lessons, where I wipe out at least three times. After that, an ice cream sundae, followed by a moonlit beach party with dancing.
    ((smile!)) Shannon
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I think I'd like to go to the fair. I'd like to play the Birthday Game and ride the Bumper Cars. A nice candied apple sounds good too :)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. Shannonsparkles

The fair sounds like fun too! Nothing like cozying up to someone cute on the ferris wheel. I'll take some cotton candy too!

Wake, I'm so thrilled you decided to come to the beach party! As this is your fantasy, you're also a proficient swimmer and fully qualified to team up with me for windsurfing lessons.
  4. jjdg

jjdg New Member

I would like to take my granddaughter who has CP fishing in the Fla. Keys. She loves to fish and we just were furtunate enogh to find a very kind man in NC he has a site for people with only 1 hand to use fishing,its calleed One armed fishing bandit. I had written him just for some ideas to help her and he sent us his product,its a belt that goes around the waist and it has an attachment in front that the rod fits into so she can reel with 1 hand and the holder helps,anyway i would like to do that for her.
    Janet

[This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]

[This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Hmm...I'd take my mountain bike, which hasn't seen action in about two and a half years, up on the ski lift on the back side of Sandia Peak.

I'd eat a big lunch of cheeseburgers, fries, and a coke at the restaurant on the crest, with ice cream for desert, and then ride down the twisty dirt singletrack trail, hurtling around corners and down through thick pine forest. Then I'd ride up on the lift and do it all over again!

Kholmes

6. Shannonsparkles

Try not to hurtle so fast, would you? ;)

I don't know what I'm doing up. I just roll with the punches. Generally nocturnal, but no garauntee day to day. Also, I'm hoping it's the new treatment doing something (I'll say more later...) Anyway, good to see the sun today.

So, what are all of us up to on this day where we may do anything we want to do? :D
    ((smiles)) Shannon
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

I would spend the day at the beach.

I'm not allowed to go in the sun for prolonged periods any more because two of my meds make me very sun-sensitive.

Michelle
  8. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

That would be willing to run back and fourth on a beach in some beautiful tropical beach to bring my watermelon and those fancy drinks.
    And also hand fan me when it gets too warm and then go swimming in a nice cool pool.
    Oh I like dreaming!!!!!!!
    Mary
  9. kholmes

kholmes New Member

You know what else I'd do?

I'd walk the dog down the sidewalk to the park, and run around with her on the grass, chasing jackrabbits.

Haven't done that in years now.

Kholmes
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I'd fly in my 88-year old daddy from Puerto Rico; my 2 sisters from Miami and Orlando; my nephews and their wives and babies from Tampa and Miami; my son, wife and 4 grandchildren from Dallas and my other 2 sons from California.

I'd put them up in hotel rooms (our house isn't big enough) and we would spend the days and nights together eating and laughing and dancing and singing and taking lots of pics and video shots.

I miss my family and I used to be the one who gathered everyone together.

That's what I would do if I had a magic wand.

Lolalee
  11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I would book a plane trip to Jamaica and a week stay at a Super Club resort and renew our wedding vows for our up coming anniversary and I would plan on us being able to act like a real married couple like we had planned when we remarried there several year ago.

We would eat good food and lay on the beach and watch the stars at night and just enjoy being able to not be sick.

I would settle for a day where I could stay on the computer if I wanted or understand what I am reading or be able to do something for my Mom whose breast cancer has reoccurred and spread. I would love to contribute back to the world again and if not the world back to my family. I would love not to have to take a pill.

12. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

I would go to Mall of America. I have always wanted to go there, I love to shop, and I used to start my Christmas shopping in July.

It has been a long time since I have been able to spend any length of time in a mall. Too much noise now & not enough endurance on my part.

So I would go shopping!
    Kat
  13. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Hi Shannon!

I'd go to the closest beach (probably Gulf Shores, AL) by myself if nobody else wanted to go. I'd rather take my best friend. She and I both have fibro so we can go at about the same speed.

I'd walk the beach, lay out by the pool, not do my hair or makeup, dress as comfortably as I please, eat as much as I want, sit on the balcony at night and listen to the ocean and sip something really good. Then repeat.

It would be the most restful time I would have had in two years (since the last time she and I went and took our teenage daughters). It was wonderful; no men!!!

Pam :)
  14. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

and ride it to the Rocky Mountians. Of course I wouldn't stop there I'd ride all over them too. Riding a Goldwing in the mountains is one of my most favorite memories pre- CFS.
    Barb
  15. annieoakley63

annieoakley63 New Member

I'd swim, go to the beach, travel to the mountains, run to the mailbox, walk the fairway at the local fair, eat as much cotton candy/candied apples/funnel cakes as I could shove in my mouth. And I would go dancing. It's been a while since I've been able to dance and I really miss it.
  16. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I'd go rollerskating!!
  17. ckball

ckball New Member

and take her to Cedar Point. We like roller coasters. Then would eat dippin dots ice cream, then ride them again after dark. Carla
  18. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I would walk the halls of Congress with copies of our post and ask them to help us.
    I couldn't do that, so I emailed them today instead.
    I also emailed friends and an Military Association I belong to asking them to support us by lobbying Congress to get us more money for research and education so we could get our life's back.

If I could do it in person I'd sit in the grass and have a picnic with my Grandchildren .Then we'd take a walk in the park. I'd chase them and roll in the grass with them right outside the windows of Congress.

Then we would have ice cream cones and make funny faces at each other and I'd tell them how Thankful I was for not having any pain for one more day. Ahhhhh the things we dream.
  19. ktjo

ktjo New Member

That's too easy. I'd discover the cause of arthritis
    in its 300+ forms and of fibromyalgia. In the afternoon, I'd find a cure for all of them. Give me one more day and I'll do the same for cancer in all its various visages of ugliness.

...if I could do anything...

K
  20. fabricaholic

fabricaholic New Member

serious note:
    like to find out my daughters baby (she is preg. please see close to freaking out for details) is going to be ok.

fun side: find a big green field and run and jump and turn in circles untill can't stand and I fall down being dizzy. lay in tall grass and look at the clouds and a have a vente frappichino from starbucks!

cindy