POLL: what's your favorite summer fruit?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Blueberries for me. :) What about you?
    ((yummm!)) Shannon
  2. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

Colorado peaches - sweet, juicy, delicious!
    Coming into season in the next week or so - can't wait!
    --Barb
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I love peaches, all kinds of berries, and we are just finishing cherries here in Washington- those are great! Just call me undecided!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

shipped w/o bruising. All the flavor has been bred out of it.

When I was a kid, food had flavor.
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I love them.I can eat 5 lbs at a time;Funny how it does not help my pain but it does my hubbys knee pain.

Oh well still love that big bowl of cherries.
    Sue
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Hands down it's Watermellon, followed closely by those Summer Tomatoes.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

My all time favorite is Strawberrys!!! Peaches, plums, watermelon , Huckleberrys! I love them all!!
  8. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I love strawberries. I love them dipped in powdered sugar which is so so bad!!! I also love cherries and watermelon. Watermelon is the best especially in the extreme heat or at a BBQ or after swimming in a pool!
  9. BethM

BethM New Member

Yummy, cold, ruby red, seedless watermelon. I could live on it in the summer.

Second is Ranier cherries from Washington state. Can't always find them, but they are quite wonderful, available for only a short time.

Beth.
  10. Juloo

Juloo Member

Hands down, mango.

But there's nothing like fresh pineapple or fresh strawberry shortcake. Or fresh peaches!

I love cherries, too, but they're not really native where I live. I usually visit a friend in Pennsylvania who has a neighbor w/sour cherry trees. She makes pies -- they are to die for!
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Shannon....blueberries for me too. I wish that you could see our blueberry bushes/trees. We have six... and they produce so many berries. they are so big and sweet. I put some in freezer for pies, cobblers.

Then, watermelon, canteloup, peaches.

I could live on fresh fruit and chocolate! Yes...I know chocolate isn't fruit! (-:

Mari
  12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

No. 1 is apricots which are now in season.

Next is strawberries, then fresh blueberries picked at the local blueberry farms.

I would love a homegrown fresh peach too.

Happy eating!!

Joan
  13. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I'm lucky that here in Florida I can get many fruits free or next to nothing....my dad gardens so I can get veggies too.

Favorite summer fruits are watermelon and cherries.....

I have a U pick blueeberry farm about 2 miles from me, yes a blueberry farm in Fl.
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Blueberries on my cereal in the morning;
    strawberries with soy whipped cream and dark chocolate chips for desert at night!
  15. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Although I love peaches right out of hand, I also love to heat up a small skillet, slice the peach in half, discard pit, melt a little unsalted butter in the skillet (my bad) and "grill" the peach - cut side down- until it browns a little. Remove peach from skillet and put on a plate, cut side up. Fill the peach halves with a little ricotta cheese. Drizzle honey (or Amaretto liquore)over ricotta cheese and peach. Crush Italian Amaretti cookies and sprinkle over all. If you can't find Amaretti cookies, any crisp cookie will do.

YUMMMY!!!

Lolalee
  16. WATERMELON! they have been having them on sale for $2.68 seedless ones! I have bought so many, my husband and grandkids can't eat enough of them, me either!
    AND cherries!
  17. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I LOVE strawberries and seedles red grapes.

PS- my bird loves grapes too, but he scoops out the middles and won't eat the skin!

Happy summer!
    C-mom
  18. Treca

Treca New Member

ice cold watermelon and pineapple.

I love fresh(the ones you have to cut yourself:)) pineapple in the summer time it's awesome!!

You gotta love that watermelon in the summer time too. It brings back memories when I was a kid and we would have a huge chunk of watermelon and just bite into it and have watermelon juicy running down our chins...LOL

Yummy yummy!!

Treca:)
  19. Scapper

Scapper New Member

strawberries for summer; pineapple all year :)

scapper
  20. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Sweet watermelon, sweet white seedless grapes, and sweet navel oranges.........and maybe a little bit of peanut butter on a banana!