POLL Who has been helped by REBOUNDING???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm mulling over whether to try a rebounder. There is a cheaper one on Ebay asking $30 and its shipping from Ontario, where I am. I know more expensive ones are supposed to be better, but I'm only 120 lbs and if it helps at all and wears out quickly, then I'll know its worth it to invest more. I've never even ordered frrom Ebay before, dont have a clue what I'm doing.

Has rebounding helped anyone? What have been your benefits? Thanks for any replies.

Jeanne
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I think I would like to try this but I am a exercise drop out. I have such good intentions.

You know buy the equipment and then it sits in the basement.

My latest purchase is one of those big exercise balls. The PT tried to tell me that it would help me with my muscle tone.

But I see it has sat in the corner so long it has dust on it.

So I hesitate to spend $200 plus on one.

keep us posted as I would really like to know how everyone does.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have a little-used one sitting in my basement, but in perfectly good shape. But now that I can do it, I'd like to strengthen my immune system (down since chemo, etc.) Did I hear you mention in another post it's good for this, too? Do I just jump up and down on it (in other words, is there any technique involved?)---stupid question, I know!

I'd love to start finally using it, if I knew what I was doing!!

Thanks---
    Pam
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Thank you! I'm going to pull it out today and get started.

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. Daisys

Daisys Member

I got a pair of Kangoo Jumps, which are the same principle as minitramps, but are attached to boots. That way I can go outside and use them. Or just walk around the house, and get the benefits while getting stuff done.

They're very stable, but you end up 6" taller in them! I'm not talking about tennies with a little spring on the heel.
    You can google the name to see what they look like.

My husband jogs in them, but I only have them on for a few minutes at a time. They're actually a lot of fun. I do recommend them and think they're about the same cost as a minitramp (could be wrong tho, it's been awhile and I forget the price we paid).

6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have a rebounder but I find it significantly increases my pain if I use it more than about 1-2 min at a time. It is hard to stick to any kind of a schedule this way so I'm not sure if I would be able to work up to longer periods. I'm always having to stop for a few days to let the pain settle down.

I know it has helped others but this is my experience.
    Kathy.
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I bought one of those expensive ones (Needak) but wish that I had settled for an Urban Rebounder that is sold on the Shopping Channel. I had a really really cheap one before and it aggravated my sprained ankles. I hope that the one you are looking at on Ebay is worth more than $30 because you will get discouraged if you don't get the proper support on your bounce.

I bounced every day for many months and I am sure that is one of the reasons why I was feeling so much better in the spring. I had to stop when my DDD in my lower back was really bad. I am going to start it up again soon.

It takes only 2 min. of rebounding to flush out your entire lymph system. Your lymph valves (?) open on the down bounce and close on the up bounce so you get a flushing out that doesn't usually happen especially in ill people.

CFSers I know who have shown great improvement have all rebounded as part of their therapy.

Pepper