POLL: Who has irritable bladder??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sop28, Apr 26, 2006.

1. sop28

sop28 New Member

Just wondering how many people deal with bladder problems?

I have had bladder problems since this DD. Recently when I'm going to the bathroom I get a sharp pain in my groin for just a second and then it goes away(no burning or pressure).Anyone ever have this problem?

[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2006]
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I was going all the time, but not going much. It hurt all the time...cramping. I was put on Detrol and that cleared it up. I still take Detrol, but my urologist is going to try to take me off next month. Hope it works!

You should probably go to the doctor to make sure you don't have an infection. I also get kidney stones, and that can hurt when you urinate.

Good luck and God Bless.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Me!

There are a few on here and we all treat it a bit different.

what has helped me the most is not eating acidic food's( you can hit search buttton and the list should be there).

and using an OTC product caled Prelief, it is calcium based, not harmful, take w/or w/o food.

Kegel exercises help some ( practice by stopping urine flow midstream to get the feel of it).

Some use pain med's, for me the pain med's made it worse( found out later some pain med's are acidic!)

Preielf website gives small list of acidic food's and how to use product.

Best wishes,

Claudia
  4. UGH! It is miserable, I had mine under control with detrol but now it is bad again. I am waiting to hear from the urologist to see when I can get in again to see the dr.
    Prelief helped me alot too. good luck. First make sure you don't have an infection, shooting pain in the bladder is a symptom of a bladder infection.
  5. sloepoke

sloepoke New Member

I am just the opposite. I have had problems for years emptying my bladder. It doesn't know it's full and if I wait until I have to go bladder does not release all of it's contents which causes bladder infections. I am supposed to take a low dose antibiotic everyday to keep from having infection from this problem.

Sloepoke
  6. sop28

sop28 New Member

I'll go for a long time without the urge to go and then all of a sudden UhOh.When I go I'll think that I'm done but when I get to the sink to wash my hands I soon find out that I wasn't! :(

7. sop28

sop28 New Member

thanks for the advice, if it happens again I wiil get it checked out. With this dd, I guess that the sx could change, or maybe it is a stone, who know's.~Thanks a bunch~T
  8. sop28

sop28 New Member

9. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Count me in - I have really bad interstitial cystitis/overactive bladder & am waiting to have Botox injections as nothing else has worked.

If anyone's interested, there's an Interstitial Cystitis Network message board that's brilliant (lots of us with fibro there).