POLL - who here is male?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Thought this might be a good thread for all our guys here to stand up and be counted!
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I've been here for a while now. And do post to threads that are of interest to me and also post questions for support.

Jake
  3. ilkj2

ilkj2 New Member

dont post much lerk alot HAVE IT BAD AND LONG
  4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Maybe longer.
  5. Ondrej

Ondrej New Member

I'm 59 and have been on SSDI since 1999 and have been living with FM for a couple of decades. I would love some guys to chat with - for moral support.
  6. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I'm here quit frequently so if you need to talk just put my name in the title so I'll see it.

I've always been told I'm a great listener.

Jake
  7. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

34 and male.
  8. GARY700

GARY700 New Member

BEEN DISABLED SINCE 2002 WITH CFIDS & THE LIST GOES ON.I'M 48YRS WITH A VERY UNDERSTANDING WIFE.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/09/2006]
  9. damz68

damz68 New Member

cause I am trying to get rid of some stuff. I have been holding on to my first truck for a while, I was in the process of customizing it when I first got ill. I had a bodydrop, air ride suspension, shaved everything, the works. All I had left was brakes, drivetrain and paint(black and chrome). I hate to get rid of it, but I guess when something like this happens you have to make changes.

I have also been racking my brain trying to figure out how to make money sitting at home. I made a mistake a while back on tying "work at home" into my browser. Man I am still getting flooded with bogus scam crap in my mail. I am also still waiting for disability, what a joke that is.

So guys did your wives have to go to work when you got ill, hows that working out for you all?
    [This Message was Edited on 03/09/2006]
  10. jakeg

jakeg New Member

My wife has been working ever since we met 19 yrs ago. Thank God for that. She is the most understanding wife that anybody could have. I haven't filed for SSDI yet but I will be shortly.

I'm still fighting with the insurance co. from where I used to work. They fired me after 6 months of being out of work because of this DD. I told my wife Ill do what ever I have to, to support our family. If that means working in pain that's what I would do.

She has told me many times no work stay home and get better and she also understands that this will never go away. I do spend alot of time with my kids now and help them with their school/college work when they need help.

When they were younger I didn't get to spend much time with them as I was starting a roofing bussiness at the time 16 + hrs a day. I owned and operated that for over 10 yrs when my health started failing and had to close the doors.

Went back to school for computer tech and finished 3rd in my class, moved into a very easy job after that where I made very good money. Then I got hit by the beer truck again, and have not worked since.

Fortunitly my wife makes enough to keep us going. I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to return to work, in the mean time I enjoy spending time with my kids. Of coarse I do that house work when ever I'm able to, and tell my wife not to do any of it except the wash. She hates when I do that.

Jake
  11. bct

bct Well-Known Member

60 years old with CFS since circa '94.

Rural, isolated, SSI.
    I have Lived with sig. other for 36 years while all my straight friends got divorced, re-married, and then divorced again.

Lost a lot of people to AIDS and time, and then this DD CFS kicked in, and I lost more. I have found love.... for this I am eternally greatful.

Best Wishes to all you guys and gals,
    Barry
  12. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

I am 63 and have CFS/Fibro with lots of pain, fatigue, nausea, headaches, soreness and weakness in limbs and much more. I am a good listener too and will be happy to talk to anyone.
  13. bct

bct Well-Known Member

14. ExMechanic

ExMechanic New Member

I am a twenty seven year old man. But I can no longer be a man to those around me. I miss being a mechanic. I miss building cars and recreational vehicles. I used to be good at what I do. Fibro takes the man right outta you, or at least in my case.
  15. Methos

Methos New Member

I'm a 53 year old male. I've had this confounded illness for 5 years now, and I personally feel like it's progressive. I'm on SSDI and fortunately purchased some disability insurance just a few months before I became ill with what I thought was the flu.

I don't post much, but look in on topics of interest. I just had an eye exam, and the male doctor looked at my chart and said, "I've heard that Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia are woman's illness." I told the Dr. that CFS and FMS are both equal opportunity illnesses.

My 29th wedding anniversary is coming up next week. I have four kids and three wonderful grand children. (With far more energy than should be allowed.)
  16. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I am here to "stand up".

Like Barry I am a gay male and live in California. MY partner and I have been together 25 years and never had a fight. (Disagreements, yes; fights, no.)

I got CFS at about age 40. Had to stop practicing law. Worked part-time. The last couple years could only work about 2 hours a day, sometimes not at all.

Am now retired and have lots of free time, just no energy or money to do anything with it.

Can't remember how long I have been posting on this board. One thing I see repeatedly is people unhappy w/ friends, relatives, etc. My repeated advice is, get toxic people out of your life. Certainly helped me.

So now I play bridge and read thrillers and listen to music and sit in front of the computer. My granddaughter lives in Seattle so I don't see her much.

I always say no matter how old you get you can still be immature.

Smiling out loud.
  17. bct

bct Well-Known Member

18. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

not much to say right now, just chiming in :)
  19. steve69h

steve69h New Member

Well at 42 And also gay and also a list of other things like cancer and such this is my family here and i really like knowing there are some great people here. Great to also see there are some other gay males here also Steve
  20. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Married with kids here, wanted to say that I noticed some of you guys are outdoor people from your profile. Such as hunting or hiking. I was very active outdoors when I was young and bitten by my share of ticks. If you haven't had the Igenex western blot taken to rule out Lyme I suggest you do. I wish I had been encouraged to do that years ago. At least it gives you something to zero in on to what is making you ill. Lyme is a very slow growing disease it might be worth checking out.

jar