Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, Sep 5, 2009.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I havent been here in awhile... Just interested in knowing the average ages lately..
    I am 41 ... DXed in 2007, had it since 2003
  2. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

I'm 45, was diagnosed in late 2006, after not healing well from a herniated disk surgery. I was diagnosed by a pain management doctor, but to my surprise, when I went back to my orthopedic surgeon and told him of my diagnosis, he said, "I'm not surprised." I guess I found the right doctors right away. My surgeon doesn't blow off pain because he, too, has a herniated disk and knows that the pain feels like. I'd hate to afflict every surgeon with what s/he treats, but it sure makes them a lot more empathetic.

I spent my youth as a very athletic kid and young adult - track, basketball, and softball from childhood through college, and then co-ed & traveling leagues until I was 25. I was never one for cleaning the house all day, but I loved extra softball practices and would ask to stay afterwards and then go to the batting cage on my own for extra practice. So, while I wasn't in super Olympic shape, I was healthy and energetic for stuff I liked. That stopped completely when I had my herniated disk in September of 2005. I remember the exact place and time when I knew it was bad - at the House of Blues in Las Vegas, at a Bangles concert that I was really enjoying, until the pain brought tears to my eyes. It sucked. Unfortunately, my disk herniated without any great story to go along with it - no big skiing accident, no recent car accident (had one in 1992 though), so it's sad thinking that this was all brought about by...nothing.
  3. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

Chronic stress and depression. Was very

active. Cared for my mom who was brain damaged during

a surgery when I was 12. Had staff of 7 under me and cared for

My dad. After mom died. I felt the symptoms. After dad died

I got mono (ebv). Cfs. Then 3 months later finally dxed with fm

drs told me it was depression pain for 3 years.

Have no support system. Live Alone with my 2 dogs and 1 cat

working on booting bf.

Have my own business petsitting. Was a groomer. Too much pain

to do it exclusively. Do a few grooms when I'm feeling up to it

depressed. Lonely.

Thanks. Hannah
  4. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I am 31, dxed in 2006 when CFS came on gradually, had one remission in 2008. Prior to this I had perfect health and was very active, now I am mostly housebound.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I'm 37, have had ME/CFS and FM for 5 yrs, started after a car accident, but also had mono shortly after the accident
  6. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

63 yrs.

Fibro diagnosed age 50, but had symptoms longer than that.

Hoping for remission.
  7. street129

street129 New Member

I BEcame sick with chronic fatigue in 1995, had alot of good years, from 1998, to 2008, this year is the worst since becoming sick, i have digestive problem, [seeing alternative dr], i had an ulcer, i have an heritery pholp removed, i have candida, hope this other alternative dr. can help with this.

i was 200 pounds, but didnt look heavy, my bones are strong, and i have lost 50 pounds in 3 month without trying, and no dr can explain why, took hundreds of test, cat scan with contrast, cat scan without constrast , whole body scan, brain scan, pelvic scan, abodamen scan, you name it, i had it done and they couldnt find nothing, most likely its the CANDIDA that i have, that is making me sick, im taking alot of stuff for candida, i will have to take it one day at a time, i'v been taking stuff on and off for candida since april 09, but as of july im sticking with it this time for the long hall.

i didnt know this candida was so dangerous.

[This Message was Edited on 09/06/2009]
  8. debilyn

debilyn New Member

I'm 52 and have been sick since 2006. I think a combination of triggers started this "journey" for me.

I had two car accidents within 3 weeks. I wasn't badly hurt though. Had whiplash injuries both times.

During the same month I was in the accidents, I had been caring for my son who was sick with mono.

A month before the car accidents I had contracted a parasitic infection while in Central America.

I've never been well since then, but I'm not sure exactly which of those 3 things or which combo of them caused me to become ill.

I know I have FM, but I'm not sure if I have CFS/CFIDS too. The doctors I've seen like to group them both together as the same condition, and I've been diagnosed with both. After reading posts here for awhile, they don't seem to be the same thing at all.

I'm new to these DDs and am so very thankful for all of you here who so kindly share your abundant knowledge.

[This Message was Edited on 09/06/2009]
  9. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

What type of treatment are you getting for your candidiasis?? I have it too and I am blowing

up from all the sugar Im consuming from the cravings...

I have oredered threelac but have not received it yet The diet is so hard between my food

sensitivities and the candida theres not a lot of choices for me The FM has me on the

couch or in bed a lot I just try to make something quick everythinbg seems to have sugar

or wheat or dairy! LOL ughhh

10. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I just turned 53 on August 30th. I was officially diagnosed with FMS several years ago around 1997 and with RA around 2004 but had "growing pains" when I was kid and I truly believe I have had it most of my life.

11. binxi

binxi New Member

i haven't been in here for ages.
    i'm 30, had suspected mono in 07 which kicked it off. gradually got better last year and this year went back to work full time- i was feeling 100% until i got swine flu about 6 weeks ago and now its happening all over again.
  12. loto

loto Member

40, and was DXed in 08. I know I had it at least a year before the diagnosis

13. jole

jole Member

I'm now 63...was diagnosed in 2003, but have had FM/CFS since childhood I think. Was always sick with sore throats, ear infections, swollen glands, fevers,...they thought I had rheumatic fever when small, but tests were neg. Have never had any energy, and always needed more sleep than others. Always caught everything that came along. Then in "03 bam, it was all over.....
  14. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am 44, I was diagnosed in 2006 with Fibromyalgia about a year later with CFS. I have other medical conditions such as Hypothyroidism, atypical Menieres...

Many of the symptoms of FM I had experienced years before my diagnosis but of course I never put 2 and 2 together.

I was handling the earlier symptoms as they came. However, the pain hit me shortly after a cruise in 2006 and it has never left!!
  15. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

I am 34 ans was diagnosed at 25.