Polypoid lesion in esophogus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by terra329, Sep 27, 2002.

1. terra329

terra329 New Member

I had a esophagogastroduodenoscopy and dr found this lesion - she did a test on it and it came back negative. She wanted to go back in and cut it all out -- I have read on this board that others had lesions in their esophogus due to acid reflux and and after treatment they went away.
    She has me on prevacid and I am doing some natural things
    aloe and stuff. Any feed back would be helpful - I would rather see if it goes away by itself. I went to an intern the other day who said she never heard of this type of lesion in the esophogus - I am so horrified.
  2. terra329

terra329 New Member

I had a esophagogastroduodenoscopy and dr found this lesion - she did a test on it and it came back negative. She wanted to go back in and cut it all out -- I have read on this board that others had lesions in their esophogus due to acid reflux and and after treatment they went away.
    She has me on prevacid and I am doing some natural things
    aloe and stuff. Any feed back would be helpful - I would rather see if it goes away by itself. I went to an intern the other day who said she never heard of this type of lesion in the esophogus - I am so horrified.
  3. Magnolia

Magnolia New Member

Terra,

I have two things to address here.

First, the person who told you she'd "never heard of this type of lesion in the espophagus. Is she an "intern" or an "internist"? An "intern" is a doctor-in-the-making and an "internist" is one who spcecializes in Internal Medicine.
    Either one of them SHOULD have heard of a "polypoid lesion in the esophagus" and, in any event, NOW she has heard of one so the matter MUST be addressed.

I cannot advise you to have the lesion excised because this is a matter for your own determination.

Since you say the "report was negative", I assume you mean the biopsy showed no current sign of malignancy. However, this does not mean that milignancy can be ruled out for the entire life of the lesion and is something which would need to be checked again later down the road if it remains as it is.

You do need a "second opinion" from someone who "has heard" of this condition.

Sincerely,
    Magnolia
  4. terra329

terra329 New Member

thanks for the answer- I guess I should get a second op - I am just so tired and was quite happy that the biopsy was neg. She had it checked out twice and both times it came back neg. -- I know I read on this site that others had esophogus lesions and they went away - is this just not the case??? I could use more feed back.

Thanks
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

you better believe they'd cut it out.... don't leave things like this to have the chance to develop into anything honey... cut your losses and run like the wind! Good luck!