Poof She's gone. Poof She's back again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, May 6, 2006.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I'm here.

I'm not doing well, but I'm here. My job ended and I'm still worried about the dogs, the cats, the house and 1001 other things.

Thank you for missing me. We still aren't sure why I swell, but the rheumy said I may have lupus. At this rate, i will be homeless and still swollen and in pain.

On top of the rest of the crap, my insurance changed and I can't afford to keep it or to be without it. One of my meds alone is $585 a month. I just can't seem to get a break.

Sorry to make you worry. I just get tired sometimes of saying how depressed I am.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I'm sorry you have such worries on top of everything else and I wish I could make them go away...

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
    [This Message was Edited on 05/06/2006]
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Can you get help with your med's? I see ad's on t.v. about that all the time.

CAn you get a generic of the med's that costing so much? I hope that wasn't the generic price!

You'll be in my thought's and praye's.

Claudia
  4. larryh

larryh New Member

Tigger,

At www.prescription-savings.com you can get a free prescription discount card. It gives savings of up to 50% off of generic meds. It is free and it is for real.

Larry
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

See what company each script comes from,then approach your doctor.The doctor will give you the appropriate forms and after you fill them out,the doctor will send them.As far as the house,do you have any equity you can draw from while figuring out anything,Just a thought.I'm really glad that you are back.Linda
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

We have been worrying about you.

Glad you checked in. Not glad for your problems.

Fondly, June
  7. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Yes, that was a generic med. It was for they fentanyl patch and without it I'm in so much pain I can't get out of bed... I tried.

I plan on having a long talk with my rheumy the next time I seem him... that is if I can afford to see him. He did tell me that if I couldn't afford to keep an appointment to keep it anyway and worry about everything else later. He really is an angel.

I'm worried about the possible lupus. That usually means more meds and more expense and less progress.

Honest, I try not to stay away, but sometimes life is so difficult that I just don't make it here and then time passes.

I definitely feel better when I'm with you all, but life just gets in the way.

I will keep all of your good thoughts in my heart and hope that we are all pain free... if only for one darned day!
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  8. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I'm so glad you are back! I'm also sorry you are having such a bad time.

I don't know what to say, except that I'll surely be praying for you, and thinking about you.

Big hugs,
    Terry
    p.s.
    I don't know if you investigated this, but I swell up if I eat something I'm sensitive (not allergic to). It is hard to find a Dr. that uses a lab that will test for sensitivities, but , if you have't done that,it might be worth the while. T.[This Message was Edited on 05/06/2006]
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

affordable housing...like a section 8 or section e hud housing...

it almost sounds like you would be better off on general assistance and getting some healthcare and prescriptions benefits until your ssdi gets approved...

jodie
  10. libra55

libra55 New Member

I'm soooooo glad to hear from ya again, but I'm sorry you're having all those problems. I was worried about you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

(((((((Hugs))))))to you,
    Michelle
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

I can relate to not doing well enough to be on the board much -- that has been me too lately.

You mentioned the med that is giving you problems getting (due to $$$$) is the duragesic patch. The purpose of the patch is to provide pain meds to your body at an even amount during a 24-hr period for the 3 days that you wear them.

Well, if you can't work it to get the patch, could your doc change you to another 12-hr time-released pill that you would just take 2 times/day? Like Oxycotin. There is a generic form of the oxy available--maybe your doctor could help you on that. If he does change you to the Oxycotin, don't tell ANYONE that you are taking it--your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. It is a good drug for your pain, but it also one that the street dealers break into your houses to get to sell to the druggies .......

Hope things work out for your, dear. You are in my thoughts.

Love,
    Janet
  12. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

tiggs, just keep you chin up. i know its hard but if you can smile and make the best out of a situation it will all seem so much easier to prioritize and so can be dealt with better.
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Tigger:
    I'm so sorry you are having a rough time of it.
    Try to search every avenue of assistance you can find, be it local, county or state. Something will surely be done to help you. You could even bring a note from the doctor writing down your DX.

hugs,
    NyroFan
  14. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

we've missed you. Have you had a Western Blot from a reputable lab for Lyme?
  15. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I can't take time released meds because I've had gastric by pass surgery and it doesn't allow time for time released meds to work. That's why I need the patch.

I wish moving was easier for me. I don't want to lose my house. I've invested a lot into this... I've invested my health to keep this house so far. Besides, I can't take my babies everywhere. They are so important to me and my well being.

I have very little support in my real life and the unconditional love they give me is so important.

Today is a bad, bad, day. I made the mistake of starting to think. I haven't had any income in a few weeks and don't know what to do at this point.

I'll be very honest. I'm scared to death. I don't know what to do, but I will see my rheumy on the 18th and hopefully he will have some advice for me. After all, this is the man who told me when I saw him last that I looked like "sh**". At least he didn't sugar coat it.

Thanks everyone. All I can say is I'll try to keep coming back, but when i get so depressed, it's just too hard.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  16. jole

jole Member

Good to see you back. You're one of the strong ones who have been around for awhile, and I miss all the "older" ones of us. (Not age-wise, but board-wise).

Please take care of YOU. Things will work out. Try your hardest to keep the stress down and put you first. Keep your chin up a little while longer, and maybe that doc will have an answer. Just shoot for that. One day at a time, okay?

Love ya - Jole
  17. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

So pleased you are back. All three of the missing ones (you, Carla and MCD have shown up. Phew! I was going to post for Stormskye but she showed up yesterday.

As I understand insurance laws, any new ones now have to honor your old one. I know mine is about that a month.

Does your state have any lower price buy in insurance. I would be on NY one except my FIL pays for mine.

Lokk, we are all down and I know we get tired of saying it, but sometimes this board is THE ONLY place we can safely say it, so never feel you have to not be here. You can always find a kindred soul here I think
    I sure hope they sort of this swelling- my uncle in UK had this problem and it turns out, wait for it, he was not getting enough salt!!! He was doing low no salt for BP. Now he is on salt pills and doing fine.

Love Anne C