Pop up ads....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulac7, Jul 27, 2011.

1. paulac7

paulac7 Member

on this site are going to be a dealbreaker for me--I usually check in every few days, mainly to read, but this morning I keep getting hit with pop-ups to buy from ProHealth. I know this is their site and all, but if I need to purchase anything, I know where to go on the site to do it.

Even better, since you had to provide ProHealth a valid e-mail addy when signing up, why not just send an e-mail to everyone.

Like I said, I really like this site, and it wouldn't be bad if it just happened once, but everytime I navigate around the boards, it shows up--my internet is slow enough as it is (dial up--no hi speed available where I live), and this just slows it down more.

Any one else have other input?

Paula >^.^<
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Don't know what is going on this morning with the same pop up ad for free shipping on orders over $49. That is great but I do not need anything just now. I did just get something from them.

Anyway, I think there may be some kind of a problem because I usually don't see that many and when I do it doesn't keep on coming back every minute or two. Today I think, has been the first time I have had that annoyance - thank goodness !!

I usually am on here daily and haven't had that much of a problem. Gee I haven't had it in a minute or two maybe it will stop now :)!!

3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

they are so bad that they are appearing when I try to log in, when I try to reply to a post and are popping up everywhere I move on the board even when I tried to report the ads to the moderators. These pop up ads that won't go away unless you constantly click on them concern me because ads that you must click on to go away may have malware on them and clicking on them starts the malware. these ads were not there last night when I posted.
  4. paulac7

paulac7 Member

I hope this is just a glitch, as I was about ready to toss the computer thru the window, aor something. I've been here on and off since 2006, I believe, and I have *never* had a pop-up that has been so, well, persistent.

Thanks for emailing the support site, kjm-- I was too aggravated to think of doing that, duh!!

Hope the problem is resolved soon!!

Paula >^.^<
  5. paulac7

paulac7 Member

But I didn't need to be reminded of the free shipping EVERYTIME I clicked on something, or went to another page.

Nowhere did I say I didn't support the company. I am grateful to PH for everything they do, just was wondering what the deal was with the pop-ups.

Anyhoo--its' s a moot point anyhow, as the problem seems to have been resolved.

ETA--Thanks ProHealth for fixing this issue![This Message was Edited on 07/28/2011]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is info for contacting ProHealth whenever you encounter a problem here. They are very good at fixing things.

Love, Mikie
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

This morning It must have popped up, the same ad at least 20 times. It was being very persistant. I had never seen that before on this site. So, I figured that it was a glitch or something. Luckily also, I have been so busy today I didn't have a lot of time to surf. However, when I just popped on here just now, it was gone. YAY !!

Great job PH !!