Popping, cracking bones and Joints. Anyone else with this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chopindog, Mar 8, 2006.

1. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Every joint on my body pops and cracks contantly. When I walk down the stairs all you hear is pop pop pop pop. These come frome my knees and ankles. My elbows feel like they get "stuck" and I just extend them and Pop. My fingers and wrists do the same thing. My spine, all I have to do is lay down on the floor and every vertebre in my spine pops all the way down, and then if I extend my neck to get up my neck and spine will pop all the way up. My sacro iliac region pops if I just twist my body just a little.

I am wondering If this is commomn with alot of you. And for those that it does happen too. Do the doctors just blame it on fibro or is it more of a arthritis problem.

Love, Joy
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I get it too, especially knees ankles and back.

Hurts too.

Love Anne C
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I do have the problem with the joints popping but I do have arthritis, oa & ra, plus I have dergenerative disc disease.

It not only gets on my nerves but it also hurts alot.

Pamela
  4. darude

darude New Member

Same here its awful isn't it? Feel like broken bones but I had xrays and nothing wrong.
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I just told my husband about the popping - especially on stairs. Told my doc and he thought nothing of it.

What is is?

Sofi
  6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had it as long as I can remember...
  7. katsarecool

katsarecool New Member

So is this something that can be expected with fibro?

I noticed it about four years ago. And it has gotten worse. I am newly diagnosed with fibro but I suspect I have had it for years.
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

sounds like someone is making popcorn. It can happen also if I sit for too long. It doesn't hurt with mine except one finger that "locks" up and I have to move it real fast to get it to unlock and then it pops and cracks. My ankles hurt most of the time and tops of my feet and they pop and crackle a lot when not moved for awhile, and they hurt also. I thought it was just the OA, my doctor has "heard" it but hasn't said anything.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2006]
  9. joc_07

joc_07 New Member

It's been happening since I was little kid. Can't sneak around; Click, click, click,click.

Jocelyn
  10. TJC

TJC New Member

I get up and I swear I can feel every joint in my feet pop and crack as I go down the stairs. I also get it throughout the day (though not as badly as in the morning) in my ankles, knees, and spine as well.

I don't have any swelling or pain with this, like you get with arthritis, but it worries me about the future.

I also get creaky sounds sometimes....I sound like an old rocking chair! :)