Popping Ears

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flibble, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Flibble

Flibble New Member

Hi again! I have another ear question. Does anyone else have like constant popping sounds in their ears? This is driving me crazy. I have an ear infection now but I am panicing and thinking it is a serious ear malady. Ease my mind someone. Thanks Flibble
  2. maryfranf

maryfranf New Member

I have popping ears all the time 24 hours a day every day...they also ring and stop up and i get off balance..the dr thinks it is meiniers syndrome..but i dont know for sure..I dont have an ear infection, however i do have bad allergies..if you have allergies, that could be the cause..Mary fran
  3. Flibble

Flibble New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have bad allergies, ringing ears and the off balance thing too. My ENT said I don't have Menieres. It sure is awful. Thanks again. Flibble
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Flibble, welcome to the world of FM/CFS! WE are not nuts, but the symptoms we have sure are!

Yes, I had popping stopped up ears a few times. I almost go mad with that. I hate anything that affects my ears!

I put a few drops of regular peroxide in them, you can feel it fizzing, and it will give you a kind of chill, but when you let in drain out, your ears are usually clear for a longtime! Just swab them with a Q-tip after then drain out.

Its also good if you have a mild infection in them too.

A doctor told me to do this years ago, and it still works!

Again, welcome to the board. By the way, I have Fibro for 20 years, yes I have had some strange darn things happen to me too!

Shalom, Shirl
  5. MaureenMcL

MaureenMcL New Member

If you have muscle twitching with your CFIDS/Fibro like I do it could be your ear drums or some muscle deep inside twitching. My twitch, it's sort of like a thumping sound. Didn't know what it was in the beginning, but then I figured it out.
  6. 2girls

2girls New Member

Yes - I get this all the time, along with ringing, sometimes pain, and a deep itch inside. I have been to three ENT's for this and throat pain - all muscular, so they say!

2girls