PORCH 1198 IS NOW (CLOSED) | Page 3 | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

PORCH 1198 IS NOW (CLOSED)

ProHealth CBD Store

rockgor

BUT MIKIE, HOW WILL YOU KEEP BUSY IF YOU DON'T KEEP BUYING KITCHEN WARE? YOU CAN'T DO CROSS WORDS ALL DAY. I DON'T KEEP BUSY AT ALL. NOW AND THEN I DO SOMETHING AROUND THE HOUSE, BUT NOT MUCH. GORDON SPENDS A LOT OF TIME EVERY DAY CLEANING.
HE IS TRYING TO KEEP THE CARONA VIRUS AT BAY. DID A GOOD JOB WHEN HENRY WAS ILL. WE DO OUR BEST TO AVOID HIM. WHICH IS FINE
WITH HIM. HENRY WOULD HAVE MADE A GOOD HERMIT.

A LITTLE WHILE AGO THERE WERE NOISES IN THE BACK YARD. SOUNDED LIKE A PLANE WAS PRACTICING TAKE OFFS. MIKIE, THE bOOK OF RVELATIONS IS A GREAT READ. iT MEANS WHATEVER YOU THINK IT MEANS. GORDON JUST ORDERED SOME SORT OF GADGET tHAT WILL
STERALIZE STUFF AROUND THE HOUSE.

I GOT A CATALOGUE IN THE MAIL. BARGAIN BOOKS FROM EDWARD HAMILTON BOOKSELLER, FALLS VILLAGE, CONNECTICUT. THE CATLOGUE IS FREE; BOOKS ON OODLES OF SUBJECTS. FAMOUS PEOPLE, WARS, GARDENING, COOKING, BIOGRAPIES, HISTORY .FICTION, NATURE, DOGS, ETC.

HUGS, ROCK

Last edited:

Mikie

Good Monday Morning, Kids,

Another night of six hours of sleep. As I've said, I can function on that but I don't thrive on it. Whine, whine, whine! I think most of us are suffering from Covid Malaise. I feel very fortunate for all I have but I just don't feel happy or motivated. Sometimes, life isn't a bowl of cherries and we have to find a way to get through those times. I feel mostly bad for those who are not as fortunate as I.

Sun, the video has been removed from You Tube for violating their rules on misinformation. Unfortunately, I think this is just the beginning of the misinformation campaign on all kinds of topics. The reason is because they work, not with everyone but with enough people to make it worthwhile. BTW, one of the 'experts' used in the video is a woman who formerly did research on chronic fatigue syndrome that was disavowed as not valid and she has a bad reputation as a result. There is a new conspiracy brewing that the Chinese hold the patent on the drug, Remdesivir, used to treat the virus. This is false. The patent is held by Gilead and there has been no Chinese patent to produce the drug.

Rock, I once got a FJ answer because I knew that the name of one of the horsemen in Revelations was, Death. I do as much cleaning as I can tolerate. I try to prioritize because I can't do everything that needs doing. It's livable except for that extra front room that never seems to get organized and cleaned. Too much stuff. Gotta weed out some more. Glad neither you nor Gordon got sick from Henry. I need to make my trip to Publix and every time I go there, I say a prayer that I don't get sick from some idiot that refuses to wear a mask.

I keep getting emails with offers for free and cheap books from Simon and Schuster but haven't ordered anything. I get enough from Amazon. Yes, the kitchen gizmos keep me busy and motivate me to cook. I'm looking forward to fixing a chicken in the Instant Pot that browns while it cooks. I noticed that the Ninja pressure cooker/air fryer has come down in price. I'm keeping their toaster oven on my wish list for Black Friday. It pivots on its end to keep it off the counter top. It's larger too. I hate having to use my large oven in the stove when cooking small things. It'll be interesting to see how the new sterilizer gizmo works out for you.

I'm off to read the paper online. I kept the big puzzle section for when I'm bored and need something to do. I'm amazed at how well the cable news technical depts. are putting on their shows with the pundits broadcasting from their homes. They look pretty much the same except there are no panels sitting around tables. The technology we have now is a blessing when we have to be at home. I can stream music, I can stream movies, I can watch broadcast TV and get books on my Kindle with a click on my computer or the Kindle itself. I can keep in touch with my pals by texting or emailing.

One of our neighbors had mangoes from a friend who has a tree. She gave a bunch to Claudia who gave a bunch to me. I shared them with the people in our bldg. by leaving them on their windowsills and texting them so they could go out and get them. Such a little thing but it was really a bright spot in our lives. They aren't quite ripe yet and I'm looking forward to eating them. I'm sending y'all virtual mangoes and love.

Love, Mikie

A bit of good news: A blue bee has been spotted in FL. This is the first one since 2016. I had never heard of blue bees before now but extinction of any critter is bad news and spotting one is good news.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bct

sunflowergirl

mikie: yes, I read that about the lab person....she gives just enough info so that it can be skewed to make it believable. I’m glad I watched the movie though, so I can understand what damage can be done by those people who use their mouth before engaging their brain.......well really not caring what damage they’re doing...... I call it verbal diarrhea on FB and twitter. I don’t think I told you that a friend of over 20 years called me a sheeple! told me to look it up which I did. eeegads.....its an insult. obviously Im not in contact with that “friend“ anymore because we didn’t hold the same political thoughts. and.......she’s not a sheeple? this country is being torn apart, split right down the middle just like during the civil war.

Rock: was henry ill with the virus?

I did an update on the ipad yesterday, now I get a split screen so will have to call apple for them to walk me thru on how to get rid of it *^%$#@!

Mikie

Hi, Sun,

I believe the aim of those who put out the misinformation is to divide people. What is so upsetting is the vitriol involved. I think knowing who is putting it out is as important as the misinformation itself. Major media outlets check their sources and if they make a mistake, they own up to it and correct the information. Some may put a spin on it but the info itself should be true. I still haven't looked through that 'survey' I got in the mail but it's obviously been sent to misinform.

It's a shame you and your friend have gotten caught up in it. Claudia and I don't hold the same beliefs as Nancy but we value our friendships too much to let that come between us. We just don't discuss those things on which we disagree but Claudia and I do privately because we don't disagree. Joe and I usually don't see eye to eye but we can discuss any differences without rancor. What we do is listen to each other and realize we just don't agree. On some things we do agree. None of us would ever call each other names and your former friend was way out of line doing that. No discussion, and likely no friendship, can survive name calling, labeling and shaming. When someone calls another a name, that person has run out of anything useful and positive to say. That is sad. If it were me, I'd just chalk it up to her obsession and need to be 'right.'

I hate, hate, hate updates unless they do something to improve my service and equipment. Sometimes they do, as in the case of weather on my watch, but often they make other things worse or screwed up. Try going online and Googling 'how do i get rid of split screen on iPad.' Good luck.

Love, Mikie

• Love

sunflowergirl

Mikie: this friend and I agreed over a year or more ago that some things just wont be discussed, period. then I guess all the FB reading got to her and she decided she knew best, so she sent me something that I ignored. then a day later she sent me something else and I responded with “enough”. well, I guess it stung so she “nicely....hmmmm?” attacked me and I said forget it, I was pulling the plug, and not to respond. but she couldn’t let it go and did respond so I totally ignored her. and can you believe this, last week was exactly 1 month that it had happened and I got a FB timeline from her “in life its best to stop the arguing and let them be wrong” i ignored that too.

the thing is over 20 years I thought I knew her so well, basically a kind person, but you can see how this political divide has broken up this friendship. It really hurt for days afterwards. and as to my DD and Sil and his family they’re on the other side and we have agreed to NOT discuss anything. My two sons are in agreement with me. I have a very good friend who believes as I do, but her family is opposite, in fact from what she’s told me I think they’re listening to an “off the wall” late nite/early morning show which is sooooo far out.

Mikie

Dear Sun,

This is so sad but I think you are right to want to just stop the madness. I've never seen anything like what is going on in terms of the anger and obsession. Yes, some of the shows on TV and the radio just stoke this up and make matters worse. We have problems so big that they need all of us to work together to solve them. If this madness continues, we may be doomed.

My kids and I basically see things the same way but one DSIL's parents are the polar opposite. We don't discuss these contentious issues. We find things to laugh about when we are together which isn't often.

I think it's worse when we think we know someone and that person says hurtful things. If you can find it in your heart to forgive her, I think it would help. Then, you can try to just let it go. We have so little NRG that we don't need to be spending it with stress like this. I hope your wounded heart heals and you find peace. I wanted to post a sad face too.

Love, Mikie

sunflowergirl

i’ve let it go and I thought she had also until the “timeline” I received. and my first thought was.....good heavens, she must have put it on her calendar. how small of her.

Barry: its been steadily raining for over 3 hrs. enough to really have the water pouring out of the gutter spout. big surprise to everyone. maybe it will come up there too.

Ive got 3 more masks to make this go around and then I’m going to do something fun like painting.

Granniluvsu

Good afternoon everydobby,

MIKIE, et al, -DH and I went to the Dermatologist . He got some moles, etc. froze off and she checked his face and chest. He s just like his dad who was full of moles, etc. Of course in those times they did little to remove them and didn't have Dermatologists. My visit was longer than DH's. While I had mine he went downstairs and read his kindle. To make a long story short I will stay on the Plaquenil for awhile. She will talk to my other dr and check some blood work and I will probably have to go have another ck on my B-12. I am taking hardly any now as we told to get off what little I was taking, which was very little . I read that a deficiency in B-12 can cause or make worse neuropathy. I think I do have some in my feel and legs especially. This all my add to what I already have. Not sure how many things I have wrong with me. I couldn't have just one, just like many of you all. I am so frustrated. I wish I could have a dx and be done with it. The Dr did mention Neurontin a possibility later on, if needed. Got home late and picked up burgers. The rest of the day is lost for me. So, here I am might as well at least say hi to my PORCHIES.

The temps are going up here too, MIKIE!! Is 91 degrees now.

ROCK - Wow, that Henry is really not a night owl at all, if you want to call him that. I guess he at least goes to work which is something. What time does he go to bed at night, do you know???

Don't have many more places to go except get my Mammogram on Thursday where the other DD works that has been pushed back since March. At least I don;t have to go to far just down the main drag a few miles but just have to watch the crazy traffic.

Hugz to SPRING, SUN, BARRY, JULIE, STAR, WILLOW, et al that I have not written to personally.

Love,
Granni :)

Mikie

Hi, Kids,

Home again, home again, dripity, drip! Rain was all around us this morning but none here. After I showered and did my hair, I went to Publix around 4:00. Of course, it started raining as I was coming out of the store. Had to juggle the umbrella and my bags of groceries from the carport and up the stairs. It took two trips. I came in and started to put groceries away after giving SV a treat. He didn't seem very interested in them and then he slunk low and moved in slow motion. That's what he does before he heaves. Instead of his usual spot, he chose to go into the middle sitting room. So, another couple of spots to clean. There was no hair ball or tube; I hope he's not sick. He seems fine now. This morning, he was jumpy. I lifted my hand over his head so it didn't bump him and he cowered and jumped off the sofa. I have never hit him and it broke my heart to think he thought I would. He's out on the lanai looking at the rain.

Oreo cookies were the only thing I found that was significantly more expensive, a ten percent jump. I usually keep a package of them around but didn't buy any. Everything else was on sale. They had BOGO's on their medium shrimp so I got two bags. Insanely cheap and they keep in the freezer a long time. I have felt jumpy and nervous myself today and more than a bit depressed. I think this is all getting to me. Publix wasn't very busy but there were young people, and a couple of older ones, not wearing masks. I stopped on the way out and told C/S that I wish Publix would require masks. Those not wearing them are putting everyone else at risk. It's ridiculous. If people can protect their neighbors by wearing masks and choose not to, I think it says a lot about them, their values and what kind of people they are.

Sun, the more you tell me, the more I think you are better off without this person in your life. Hope you enjoy painting.

Granni, I'm sorry you aren't getting any definitive answers. I have multiple conditions that require meds so I know whatcha mean. I have neuropathy in my legs but it's better the more I move around. Mom had it too and I have the same high pressure in my eyes, HBP and osteopenia. If nothing else kills me first, I bet I'll die of a massive heart attack, likely not til I'm older. I'm trying to decide whether to get more mammos. My GP wants me to but I'm sick of getting them. I'll continue with the Dexascans. Also trying to decide whether to get any more colonoscopies. I'll continue to get skin checks because both girls have had aggressive melanomas removed. Glad your sting of appts. is almost over.

I hope everydobby has a great evening. Should be good for sleeping with this rain coming down. It's not coming down hard but is steady. We realllly need it.

Love, Mikie

• Love

springwater

i got friend request accepted notices on FB that i never sent. one friend sent me a notice that she received a second request from me..and asked me not to click on any request from her in case it came. I dont trust the net. i immediately unfriended. As it is im not active. i only knew because i opened my mail and saw a notification from FB.

Sun and Mikie - i just watch the news on multiple channels..

one gets an idea of things from actual videos taken in public..by known anchors.

Like, if anyone wanted to fake the deaths in Spain or China or New York it wasnt possible.

i did think it was important they find out cause of outbreak .if it was a wild animal market, it has to be officially said and sale of wild animals stopped.

Our lockdown has been extended after the 2nd death (official) who knows in these parts.

Last edited: