Porch light is ON Vol 94 (Closed) by Request

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Mar 24, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

OK kids. Made the transition while most of ya are asleep!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2007]
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey! Can you believe it! Saw a message for Sophie on

the Detroit Area CRAIG's LIST website. It's under the

"Missed Connections" catergory. Wonder if'in it is 'fur-

ing to the Greyhound Bus?

MRDAD aka JOE aka jOeJoE
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am home eating some ben and jerry's cherry garcia, not that i am depressed...they had a deal on it at the grocery outlet store in petaluma..buy three for $3.99 how could i pass that deal up.

i have started to get my appetite back up some more...compared to the last few weeks or so...so that is a good sign for me. i give myself a darn nap if my body needs one...too heck w/everyone else...it is about me now...i do have a regular therapy appt on monday so that will be good....

i feel pretty good that i did no wrong w/the leo thing other than stay too long...i was trying to break this thing off after the incident occurred, i just didn't have the guts to do it...so i will learn what i can do for myself for now on when comes to kicking loose a bad thing for me. therapy i see....

i wanted to go to tomales beach today, but instead went to grocery store...i nearly spent 200 dollars on food...where does the food go...need to do a little bit costco shoppping.

i have been just putting things off for one reason or another....for good reasons..

well you porchies go party on..

4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Pretty kool down here in S.F. today! Foggy. The one thing
    I do if nothing else is try to eat well. Don't mine spend-
    ing $$ on good food idems.

There's lots of beautiful coastal country over your way.
    I like the Nacasio area, or Drakes's Bay etc. but haven't
    been there in years. Too much weekend traffic!

The "Old" Squeeze is amn Ice Cream Junkie and Chocolates
    as well. Made sure she had Haagen Das choc I.C. in the
    freezer for her last weekend! She ate most of it. Only
    weights about 110 too!

Gotta get some sleep for the big day tomorrow at the
    Baptism. It's in San Mateo Co. but I think I have a
    ride from my Nephew here in S.F.

5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

enjoy your baptism and i am glad you have someone driving you. i was invited to go to a b-day party on sunday over in san ramon, but i had to decline cause i need that tutoring in math

plus just need to get caught up on some thing around the house and the paperwork...

good night

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my gosh, i got some sleep went to bed around 3 am. just stress is all...i didn't have any friends to go do anything with yesterday...

i wanted to go to the beach but cody's gf family said she could go but had to be back by 5 pmj...so i did some grocery shopping.

i am most defininitely am gettingmy appetite back. i bought this almond joy cookie non bake w/the pan included to make for a friend for her b-day..i will meet her over to her house in tiburon on wednesday and we shall have a mini party...i bought her some pic frames and citronella candles for her porch/deck for night time. i think she will like it.

i still am waking up...i need to do taxes, math, and financial aid stuff for college...

7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Mrdad/Joe - In case you fergot we have Fish Fries only during lent. I guess that was started when we al were supposed to not eat meat on any friday. Now that has chanaged as I am sure you probably know. Well, we did our last one for this year as we will NOT be there next week for the last harrah for this years FF. We will celebreating DH belated birthday. Hope you have a nice time at the Baptism.

Bye the way, that was also very good advise you gave jodie about "Leo". I could have dittoed that but I didn't, at that point any way.

Jodie - Glad that you finally decided to step WAY back from Leo. As I said before I think it might be a good thing to forget about hanging out in the places that he and his friends used to hang out. Less trouble that was and chance of running into him again. Not sure what to say about the case. I know that you want it behind you for sure. However, I know that you would also like that creep to get what is coming to him. Lord knows how many girls and ladies he has done that too. Also, as Joe said if the case is closed or not pursued, you have no reason to see him again.

Yes, I am sure that this is all very stressful for you and for Cody. I am sure this all has to have had some adverse effect on him too. So,glad you got yourselves a treat and are getting your appetite back.. That ice cream sounds delicious to me. I hope that Cody likes that kind of ice cream to. I think he probably needs a little special attention after all that you (and he) have gone through. Kids are very observant even if you haven't talked to him that much about it.

Hi to all the lurking porchies and those MIA. I have to go and do some other things.

[This Message was Edited on 03/25/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2007]
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

having a difficult day today...thank goodness i have therapy tomarrow after school...just can not get motivated today. i still need to do my math for sure...yikes

i have not showered and i took another nap.

yes granni i will be glad when this thing is all cleared up fo rsure....

if rockgor was available he may know why the police are still continuing w/investigation after i told them to just keep it on file and give me a couple of days to decide to reopen to go investigate all the other people involved.

well i change it now...i have a feeling leo is laying low. i don't really feel that sorry for him if he is involved at any of this..

well gonna try and get my spirits up...

9. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Lots of issues going on in my home and to be quite honest, I really have been fighting depression. I think we are fixing to have a substantial pay cut in my DH's job. I don't know what we will do when it happens. We certainly are not financially prepared for any cut.

Well Elizabeth Edwards is coming on TV now (60 Minutes) and I want to see the interview about her breast cancer recurrence. From what I heard so far, her situation is very similar to my Mom's prognosis.

Hugs to all!
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sweetie - I am so sorry to hear about your mom's breas cancer. You might have spoken about in here on the porch another time but if so it went right over my head. Really sorry hear about that.

Hope things are going well for her and her treatments. There is to much of that stuff going on around here,cancer of one type or another and other things, esp when and where many of the residents are older (like me - boohoo )!

One daughter just told me that she spoke to another of my daughters today who went out with an old school mate of hers (35 or so yrs old) and she has breast cancer. That is all I know. That is horrible esp with someone so young. However, it is horrible for anyone at any age.

Jodie - have a nice time at your friend's mini birthday party. Have FUN kiddo and try not to think about all this bad stuff for awhile at least.

Hi also to Mrdad/Rock/ Marta/Linda/Annie and anyone else that are hiding in the bushes. Hope you are feeling "fair to midlin" as they say. Nobody on this board feels that great I am sure (-: !!

Warm hugs to all,

11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i hate those days of the depression...been there and have been working on get thru my own right now. i have been in my pj's all day...

i did have cody sit w/me to do my algebra that helped i started crying at some point...he said mom you know what you are doing...i explained w/the fibro and everything going on lately my brain is fryed....

hi grani, still no word from leo...but that is ok. i do only wish he would give me back my nice pillow case and the pic of me from 1989 he took from my house..that he so desperately wanted...i hate to have it go in the paper bin. a friend of mine said give him another week to call then call him and ask for them to be left outside so he doesn't even have to see me.

by then i should know more of what is up w/the case...

i talked w/exhb who did federal and local p.d. years back said the investigation is going to go through even if i say no..just good police work. because let's say i drop the charges thenn later in a year or so i decide to continue w/the charges then..people will forget details a year later.

atleast i have only spoken the truth from being given something in my one beer that night....

i need to do my taxes so i can file my student aid stuff and work on some math homework re-do's...i have an early class at 9 am til 1 pm...then see my therapist...

i need to get going now before i will be seeing double digits, i need my reading glasses now...

12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so hopefully that will raise my grade...i had an a but things happened so hard to focus if you know what i mean.

i will be on the go at 8 am..class at nine, dr's at 2pm, oh i forgot i get out of my math class at 1 pm. i wanted to complete two more homework papers for a higher grade...but i could not see straight any longer. a squared to the 5 power divided by 560...well i think it was time to stop..
    but atleast i did get some done...

next i will have to retake my last probably this week i imagine wednesday....then next week monday we have another test on monday...so study and a tutor for me.

my son wants a tutor as well. i met a man in the library last week or so that tutors for 15 an hour. they do have tutors at the college for free i may use them. and get cody the paid one.

well you all have a good day you here.

13. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's less than 5 more days 'til the weekend again!
    Doc Hematologist appt. Wednesday. I'm gonna tell 'em
    "well, Carla-Ck didn't have to come today. (Ya know,
    she and I have the same blood "disease". I prefer to
    call it a "disorder" or other wise all the "hot looking
    babes" at the bar tend to move down a couple of stools.
    Ya know what I'm sayin'!!

Anywho, I guess Marta hasn't seen my message to her yet?

Jodie: I'm so glad you are going ahead with school con-
    cens this week and not allowing yourself to get "hungup"
    on the investigation thingy, waiting by the phone for
    the Policia to call! It will all happen in time so it's
    good it is not inteferring anymore than it has too.

Baptism went very well yesterday. The Priest did 4 babies
    in one ceremony and not one of the little ones even cried
    once. The Church didn't "fall in" on me so it was a good
    day. There was a Nun there that is a Family member on
    my SIL's side of the Family. Strange that she didn't seem
    to know SMG.(?)(?) (Lucky her, huh?) Lots of food and
    drink afterwards. And luckily, I remembered bring a pre-
    sent which helped to justify also having that box of Zip-
    Lock plastic freezer bags in my jacket. Gonna be some good
    eating around here for a few days. What, me tacky??

The Anna Nicole thing? How do they know that the "over
    dose" was ACCIDENTAL? Should have just said it was an
    overdose period. Only investigators should be the ones
    to make that determination if they can. I do think the
    sources of this meds must be investigated and look for
    violations. And I'm still anxious to hear weather Zsa
    Zsa is gonna be a "Step-Mother"? Oh, boy.

Rafiki: I'm so fustrated with the Youtube adventure I
    need to wait 'til my Son comes by to help me get in.
    I'm affraid to follow some of their suggestions in that
    I may lose other "sites" ???
    I will get to ya soon though. I have some other ideas
    for contact. "K"? Hope you are having a great day!

Well gonna meet my Son for Breaksfast so must get ready!
    "Talk" to all later,
    P.S. Granni, Linda and others. We saved at least ONE from
    the DEVIL this weekend! (If there is one)?? Who else
    are we gonna blame! Right "Flip"!

[This Message was Edited on 03/26/2007]
  14. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Hello Porchies and sister!

Well i didn't end up having my clinical today (boy that broke my heart), I was at work yesterday and they had 2 medics and a basic on the truck I was supposed to be on and they wouldn't have room for a student. So I said, well I'll just sleep in then.

Still have class tonight though, yuck. Only one more month though, I've made it this far.

Tomorrow is my last full time day at the Ambulance company I work for and then I have a few days off. That will be nice.

I go to my Rheumy on Weds to hopefully get my depo medrol shot early since I wont' have my insurance after the 1st of next month until about 3 weeks into the month. Who knew 3 weeks would be so long for me to be without insurance!

Well, hate to cut it short but my son just came up to me and there is an odor that needs tending too.

Jodie, the tutor I used for my Chemistry class was wonderful at the college here, they are free and usually very helpful. I would just see if you could get into there and save your money. Stay away from that loser Erik, if he has cancer, well that's sad in all, but in his case, Karma is a B***H.
  15. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I have been traveling all over Craig's List and haven't seen one reference to Sophie. Help! Or was that a lil' joke?

Hello to all others. It's been a nutty time here and I haven't been on the Porch. Hope all are well.

16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Just got home from Lunch wiff my Son. At his suggestion

we went "Dutch Treat". Sorry, Carla-NL.

Do: Craigslist>Detroit Metro>Personal>Missed Connections>

>You will see TO SOPHIE on the March 24th date.

Ya should see it???

17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

After finding out that there are many more types of people than I care to know in Detroit, I think I found it.

Sophie thanks you for the kind thoughts. And you're right, her hair is lovely. What she wants to know is what were you doing there?? Or maybe better not to know...... ;>)

Marta and Sophie

18. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Such a lovely day, how could I not sit a minute. I puttered in the yard a bit, cutting off some dead stalks - and some not dead... oops. I was sure I remembered that the clematis was supposed to be cut back to 3" above the ground. Not.

Granni, I see you're still keeping busy. Good to see you doing so well.

And as for doing well, I'm happy to hear Jodie sounding more like the girl we know. Good work!

Sweetie, so sorry to hear about your mom. Who could not be depressed a bit with that news? Sometimes the sunny days are the hardest, aren't they, because we feel as if we should be so happy.

Jen, glad to hear you got to sleep in. Ambulance medics are usually phenomenal people. Good to know you have the energy to participate.

You know who, who needs to be on a diet, is hungry. Guess I'd better feed her or she'll wake me up tonight.

Hugs all around the porch to those near and those... not.

19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You found it! It's Sophie's 15 mins of fame. I'd like
    to get my email to you and Christina and I think there
    is a "secure" way to do that via Craigslist personal
    mail reply. But you would have to leave ME a message on
    the list and I return it thru your Craigslist return
    address. It will go directly back to you without any
    reference to your personal email address. A consider-

MRDAD Aka JOE aka jOeJoE
  20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

It's cloak and dagger time.....

I THINK you'll hear from one of us if we can figure this out and have the NRG to do it. Please be patient; I know you will.

Sophie sends her love. She actually sat in the SUN today! Amazing.