Porch Light Volume 182 is closed bye bye

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello all - got the sidewalks cleaned and de-iced-finally got Jerome to do something.

I built a nice fire in the lodge and have cinnamom rolls covered in goo and hot coco and marshmellows so come in, chairs and electric blankies are all ready- Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 02/14/2008]
  2. jole

jole Member

I am NOT going to miss out this time! Cinnamon rolls and hot choc is just up my alley...and soo good! You are some good cooker, Carla. (As my kids used to say. Not so anymore.)

So glad to see the electric blankies here for all of us "freezies". Feels like heaven to me, and hope more show up in the lodge soon.

Foggy, good to see you. Fibro....shoot, forgot the rest of it, but happy to have you here also. I think it is cold here in Kansas, but I don't envy you or others where it is so terrible. Can't imagine getting out in it to go to work!

Mr Dad-haha. Can't wait to take your class! I still need a class in how to pull up the post so I can remember it to answer to everybody....how about it?

Anyway, need to do some work...put away laundry, etc. while I have a tad bit of energy left, so will be back later.

Hi to all...I just can't remember and it takes too long to write down replies before I type, but enjoy everyone.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2008]
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Ok gonna try this again in my email program and hope if I crash it will still be saved. I hate it when my computer just turns white and nothing-Does anyone else have that problem, sometimes, it is blue or purple.

I finished my last painting last night and am going to try to get a handle on the dust and dog hair in the house today. I have all my art done for, still need to paint the frame for the last painting, my art show this weekend. So now I have to play kechup with my bills, house, dogs ect. I have not been a good mommy lately.

Froggy- I see you are a pool player too. I use to play in Leagues when I live in VA and miss it. No where to play where I live now. Do you still get to play? My friend found a web site at Candystand where you can play on line with other people or the computer. I have tried it a few times but not the same as the real deal. Glad to see you back.

Fibromickster- I see you do property management too. That is what I did in Va, we did commercial property for office buildings. Do you like it? Glad you found us here and hope you are a frequent visitor.

Joan- how are you today, I am sure you are probably wore out with all you have been threw this week. I hope you don’t get what hubby has.

Granni- glad you had a good time tasting wine, it seems like you always a good time no matter what you do, you have a great group of friends. That is very special to have that-you are a lucky lady.

Julie- I see you hangin in there baby sitting today, we need new pics

Joe-Joe- I saw the left coast was in for another storm, I hope it is north of you so you can get out to the park ? I was watching a tv show about couples buying their first home and they were in SF. OMG the price of real estate. All I have to do is put my house on a flat bed and make a million dollars. How do people do it. They got a 2 bed-2 bath condo for $650,000 –UNREAL.

Rock- I know you have the same problem in LA- Real estate is crazy. Why does it cost 10 times more in one state and so much less in another. How are the kitties? Glad Linda rescued you from the transom. What are you planning to do for your next escape??

Lacey-where are you? Did you get blown away this week?? I am going to have to start nailing my porch rugs down, I am tired of having to go fetch them.

Jole- I use to fly kites as a kid, haven’t done it in years. I hope things warm up and turn green for you soon. I feel for all of you that live in the north pole with all the snow and below 0 temps. I would just hibernate and never leave and hope to find a store that delivered food and meds,lol

Linda- you are quiet, nursing that shoulder?

Jodie- glad to see you are hanging in with school, hope Cody likes the track team.

I forgot who said they were looking for a hand held shower head, maybe Joan. Walmart has them. I bought the one with a extra long hose and I can sit in the tub and use the massager on my neck and back. I usually fill the tub and soak with the jets, then when I’m done I soap up and wash my hair as the tub is draining the rinse off sitting down.

Well off to clean my house and put my studio back together. I have stuff everywhere from going from one project to another. Hope everyone else is having a good day-CYA Carla

I see Sheepy and Jole snuck in while I was posting.

Sheepy- Oh I would l love temps in the 70’s. Glad things are going well with your friend, a guy that can fix your car AND cook a meal is a keeper.lol

Jole- my trick for posting is using word pad or my email program, I just minimize my email so I can see the board and go back and forth. Plus my email has automatic spell check and fixes words as I type. Glad you like the rolls and the warm blankies- now I am off to clean too-Carla

4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

wore out the heating pad and electric blanket.

Carla...didn't get blown away, but the barn roof had some wind damage. I don't like this weather anymore. Now flooding...Hope you've got the chains on the cart.

Georgia...now I am so jealous 70*, we've had sleet, freezing rain, snow all in one day and now flood watches.

Jole...hope it is warm in your neck of the woods.

check in a little later
    gonna go get another cinnamon roll

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Greeting to sll you Lodgers (is that a word)? Whe have been shopping and then DH needed the computer and was trying to finish up our income taxes - fun huh ?? Well I just gt on the computer and wanted to check you all out.

Have t go make lunch soon and then off to singing practice. We started some rai as we came back from shopping. A cold front is coming through so we will have some cold rain for awhile and the N wind is about to blow they say. This after noon I have to go and do some pracatice for aour small singing group in our subeivision.

I know however, that is like summer/spring weather for some of you guys and gals that live in the really frigid climate. Hope You are warming up some by the fire and eating some delicious cinnimon rolas along with the hot cocoa. Tonight will be in the 30'ws and the N wind kicking in.

Thanks Carla, it is all so yummy !! Also thanks alot for starting up our new volume again. You surely are a busy gal and glad your pieces are ready or almost ready.

Welcome again to Froggy and fibromickster (hope I got that name right). Hope you are both ar doing well and so glad to have you. I remember Froggy from awhile ago.

Hi also to Jole, and Georgia. Hope you are doing OK today Jodie !!

Julie - So sorry to hear about your daughter not being pregnant. Yes, I am sure she is feeling very badly now, no m atter wht she says. If she does get prenant she probably won't feel comfortable till the baby is born.

Gotta run for now. Hope to get back this everning.

Hugs and blessings,

6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Yum, i love cinnamin rolls with lots of gooey icing and hot chocolate and marshmallows. I am definetly there. I would love to snuggle in a heating blanket right now too. Thanks for inviting me ckball.

Jole, i know everyone forgets my name (you can call me Mickey for short, LOL). Yes, coming to worked was the pits, especially since i am in so much pain today.

CKball - yes i do property management for the office building we are in as well as several shopping centers. It is okay, i have been doing it for several years not and am just used to it and comfortable doing it.

Granniluvsu - I love all of your posts on the chit chat and fibro/cfm board, you are a wonderful person. Yes you got my name right. I will keep in touch with all of you.

God Bless and i can't wait for those cinnamin rolls. I am going to go make hot chocolate right now.

7. bct

bct Active Member

Just a few words. My mom died two weeks ago and I've been having a hard time with it.

The weather here is nice, a break in the rains, and a bit warmer. I saw the first butterfly of the year yesterday, a Painted Lady of some kind.......this always cheers me up.

Did a bit of tidying up in the yard, and found a pink violet that I thought I had lost years ago. Many, many years ago (30 I guess) I collected a plant of sweet purple violet from an old homestead way back in the hills. They now are growing all around my house, and are in full bloom, very fragrant. They are blooming early this year. My mom's middle name was Violet.

The sun is calling me to go outside, but I'm on a course of doxy. for diverticulitis, so have to resist!

As I try to get back on an even keel, I'll be here more. I never knew how much you all mean to me until I was struck low with grief.

8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I am so sorry for your loss Barry. Please know that we are all thinking and praying for you. Enjoy the sun and the flowers and try to smile for me. I wish so much i could have the sun and flowers right now.

Mr. Dad. Thanks for explaining the porchlight to me. What a great idea for a post. I am glad i am in on it now.

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear the sad news about your mom. I hope you have happy memories that are of some comfort to you. Please know that we are all thinking of you.

10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I am so sorry about your mom...know that we all share your sorrow.

I always think of my Granny when I see a pretty bird or beautiful flower, she passed her love of nature on to me...

We are here for you

hugs and prayers
  11. bct

bct Active Member

Please do not let my grief hi-jack the thread!

Carla : I love your pic. : swamp. I have copied it into my picture/landscape file. You do such beautiful work, I truly admire you.

Rock: Tell Gordon Onc. Twinkles settled down when I put it in a cooler room. Richard got me a dwarf Cymbidium for V-day; very pretty, and with some wacky name I simply can NOT remember. I look at the label a dozen times each day and repeat it, but it won't stick.

Now my cat is trying to use the keyboard so I've got to take my nap. Couldn't keep out of the sun and am dazed. Planted some lilies; exhausting!(all 10 minutes of it).

Love the kite images in the blue skies of ?Kansas?

Love you all,

12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

My goodness, some of our Porchies have been having a tough time!

Joan, my heart went up into my throat and then back down. I'm so glad your DH is doing OK and that you made it through the trauma too. What a SCARE!

Barry, I'm very sorry for your loss. As someone else said, losing a Mom is especially hard. I love that she's sending you violets to comfort you. I'm sending you a special hug.

And we have a new Porchie: Fibromickster, welcome to the Porch - well, we're using the lodge right now that's attached to the porch since it's so cold. You have your very own chair and the new electric blankets arrived. The electric blankets don't have our name on them like the other ones because the seamstress couldn't figure out a safe way to monogram them but that's OK.

Rock, thank your for taking the triimmy class notes for me. I thought I'd have to skip the test.

Julie, it's good to hear that you're doing better. Hello to Jole, Lacey and Granni too - and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Carla girl, you're on a roll with those painting! You do nothing in half measures, do you? Someone will have a special painting for their wall very soon.

Georgia, sounds as if you have a good friend there. Does he travel?

We have, yup, more snow. The fast-falling little buggers are piling up on top of the more-than-enough snow we already had. I got out to the library this morning so I'm all set for awhile - for books, that is. Still have to get food at some point.

Speaking of which, I need to go eat some. It will be early to bed tonight. Enjoy the fire in the fireplace and all the goodies that Carla brought. Isn't it wonderful how it magically reappears just when the supply is running low? I wish that happened in my pantry.

Hugs all around, to those near and those far,

13. ckball

ckball New Member

of rolls.

Barry- I want to say how sorry I am that you lost your mom, know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers. Sounds like you are quite the gardner, maybe plant a tree or bulbs in her memory.

Thank you for your kind words about my art, yes I can paint and have a good eye for color and I follow written directions fairly well- but never could do a flower garden, I even killed a catus, more than once. We all have our talents as I said in my other thread. I do wish you well and may strength be with you in your days ahead.

Hey Sheepy and Lacie, Julie, Mickey, yep that is what I am calling you, with your permission :) Glad you like the rolls, hot coco and blankies.

I have to tell you what I did today. I am suppose to give a ride to one of my artists freinds to the State Park on Sat for the art show. I had never been to her house so we went over the directions at the last meeting we were at. I thought she was talking about one road and today I figured out it was another.

I missed the mail lady and needed to get GD BD cards in the mail, so grabed my keys and a broom to clean my windsheild and was off to chase her down. I went in a 3 mile circle and didn't find her so decided to make the 4 mile trip to town and went on.

While I was already out I thought I would look for her house so I wouldn't be lost on Sat. So I went down RT 538
    looking for Hurricane Rd. 10 miles later and after talking to another mail person I could not find it and came back home and did mapquest. She lives off Rt 168 4 miles past the road I took from the main road. Geezzzz. But I did get the cards in the mail-god forbidden the 17 yo GD not get her card on her bithday,lol. I remembered I was out of D 7-up and was going to stop at the gasmart then realized I didn't have my purse.All of this took me over an hour. So I can home and took a nap.

Now going to eat and try to dust and sweep the dog hair-My dogs should be bald by the fur I find! Everydobby take care-Carla

Hey Marta you slid in in front of me, took me a while to write this, kept getting interuppted. Did you get your faucet fixed and did you ever get your manual done?? Sorry for the snow but glad you got some books. Now I am going to be a good mommy and play tricks and treats with the girls. I really have neglected them lately. Last night Twy actually climbed on top of me and the laptop. I can take a hint. Carla[This Message was Edited on 02/12/2008]
  14. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. I'm sure

she was a wonderful Mother and you, a Son. When my older

Brother died so unexpectedly a few years ago, I found a card

by FLAVIA that I gave to my Sister-In-Law. It's words remain

today on my wall above my computer.

"Some people come into our lives---leave footprints on our
    Hearts, and we are never, ever the same"

As I get older it seems, unfortunately those words become
    more frequent to mind.

You are in my best thoughts through your mournful recovery!

Your Friend
  15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

ckball, no wonder you had to take a nap, all that driving is exhausting.

Joe, those were such kind words, I am going to remember those words for the future.

I am so glad i was able to make it up to the lodge, the cocoa was deliciousy chocolate and warm and my blanket is keeping me so warm as well as the fire. I am reading my books by Tim Lahaye and am on the 7th book called the "Mark". I can't put them down.

Marta, thank you so much for the chair as it hurts to sit on the floor. My tailbone gets so sore after awhile.

Lincamp, thank you so much for the warm welcome. Gosh everyone here is so nice. I so wish we could all meet in person. Some of you need to put your pictures up so at least we can see who we now call our porch buddies.

Whoever started this Porchlight series should get a lot of credit. This is wonderful

16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Greetings again to all,

This evening was an eventful one. Just finished making spaghetti for dinner and was drinking my wine. I just looked on the floor by the sink and saw a mess on the floor coming from the sink. After checking out and cleaning up the mess I figured out that it was a leak coming from the garbage disposal. So, besides the water there was bits of lettuce from the salad I made on the tile and throw rug. What a mess it was under the sinnk. We called a plumber and he will come sometime tomorrow. Oh what fun. Also still waiting for our friend to come and so some work on the carpets and flooring who is supposed to come sometime tomorrow.. We will see if he actually can show up. What a fun day (esp evening it has been) )-: !!! UGH !!!

Glad to see many of you snuggling up by the fire , drinking their hot coca and wrapped up in their blankies. It is al so cozy. Hsy, what happened to all the cinnamon rolls. CK - I thought you made a double batch. Guess everyone was starving !!!

Marta - glad to see you again and to hear that all was going pretty well for you and the FC Soapie (-: !! You would be lonely without her wouldn't you - even if she keeps waking you up at night. Maybe if you keep kicking her out of bed (I know you did it by accident0 whe will leave you alone and let you sleep peacefully (-: !!

Barry - So sorry to hear about your mom. I know how that feels. I lost my mom a few years ago and she was 93. I still miss her alot even though we lived in different states. I see you are about 5 years younger than I , close to my brothers age. So glad you came to be with us.

Fibromickster - I noticed that you are about the age of my seond daughter (I have 4 an one son). Think how it will feel when your lovely dauaghters are in their 40's. Now that is a scarey thought hon. Your dauaghters are as pretty as their mom, no kidding !

Mrdad - I see you are already thinking aboaut the Bee Kee Nee weather even if it is alot warmer there than here right now. What is you weather anyway as we speak???

Lacey - Sorry to hear about your horrible weather. I will be glad when it warms up here to in TX. Just can't take it any more.

Rock - Sorry to hear about Gordon's problems wth the puters, etc, at work. I am sure that was frustrating.

Jodie - Hope all is well with you , Cody and school.

Joan - Hope you DH is doing better. I can imagine how scary that must have been for you.

Gonna go and try and get ready for beddy bye now and take my shower and meds.

Goodnight to all you lodgers and and those I have not mentioned !! - Georgia, Froggy foggy, or is it visaversa, Sweetie and everyone else I cannot remember including Mary Ellen, Jim Bob, John Boy and all !!

Blessings nnd hugs,

17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Granni ("Cookie"). The weather has been very nice here.
    Sunny and in the mid to upper sixties! 'Posta cold a bit
    and then warmup for the weekend.

Lincamp: Sorry about having to return to work next week!
    Hope you have an Attorney now and are planning a legal
    means of reversing their actions. We are all with you as
    you well know.

CK: You had an hectic day getting around! Ya know, I had to
    "mapquest" my local groc. store around the corner and keep
    it in my jacket pocket. Hope that if I'm ever there and can't remember how get home, I remember the "map" is in my
    pocket! "The best lain plans of mice----" And your Doggies
    thought THEY were running in circles!!!

Fibromickster, you can "Google" Flavia.com and find there
    website of cards, plaques etc. Beautiful works.

Marta: No faucet yet? How frustrating. Never a man around
    when ya need one! My former Wife grewup on a ranch in Nevada
    and would rather be in a hardware store than a Boutique.
    I always let her do the household repairs!

Well Kids, gotta "run off" (?) to my Son's music gig! It's
    only a few blocks away but better get started soon! "Talk"
    to ewe awl in the morning, "K"?

18. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've wanted to for awhile but don't always have the energy, but would like to pop in and out if that's okay.

I'm a pig for sugar and hot coco and marshmallows sound wonderful AND a leckie blanket - fab.

Barry, I'm really sorry to hear about your Mum, I lost my own Mum a year ago Jan and it's been a very difficult time, I never thought I could miss someone so much. It doesn't matter how old a Mum is, 'she had a long life' just doesn't mean a thing when it's your Mum.

I'm off to watch Coronation Street and will be back soon.

19. jole

jole Member

My day seemed to be going better than usual today, so I decided to wipe down my kitchen a little and listen to some music. Had it on the oldies station when "The Twist" came on. I loved it in my teens, so here I am washing away and twisting...then fell on my bu**!

I looked rediculous, I'm sure, and used up all my energy in a flat one minute!! Sooo decided to come see what's happening here on the porch.

Carla, you made me laugh with your adventure. Before I quit driving I could get lost going around the block, or even up a hill in the country. At least you managed to get back home - even if empty-handed!

bct - so sorry to hear about your mom. It's true, age doesn't matter when it's our mother. They just have a way of staying with you. My mom loved flowers also, and they always remind me of her.

Mr. Dad, I too loved the little verse...so true!

Laceymae, I understand about wearing out the electric blankie...my mom bought mine a year before she died, and I really worry about it giving out. It's starting to get a little thin looking in places though.

Rosiebud - Hello! I haven't been on this board a lot, but love it. Hope to see you often.

To the rest of you, I think I'll hit the shower and try to loosen up the muscles from my "Twist" fall. Didn't get hurt, thankfully. With my osteoporosis I always worry about that.

Have a great day!
  20. ckball

ckball New Member

Just droppin by to see if everyone is full, warm and cozy.

Rosie so glad to see you here, we love more company, so ya have to get here more often, but don't feel like you have to address us all. Just settle in and "listen" and ya will ketch on.

Jole looks like we both went for a wild ride, glad you weren't hurt, but I use to skate at the rollar rink to that song.

Mrdad are you watching what is goin on in DC with the baseball steroids thing. I haven't really paid much too it, had too many other things to clutter my mind. But I did see Clements testomony and Bob Costas with Brian Williams tonight. I really wonder how Clements can PROVE he didn't know what was in those shots. Quite interesting to see americas favoright past time is built on bad drugs. What kind of message does this send to future sports players. Just sad what money can do to people. Ok off my soap box. DO hope the sun the Beekeenees came out for you today.

Linda I have thought of you often today and meant to send you a note, but I ended up on the couch with a tennis ball in my back. T-spine froze up while deep cleaning my deep double sinks and some sweeping the living room-I was done for the day.

I can imagine the mixed emotions of returning to work, I'm sure you were missed. Do you still have your office by the helipad? How sweet of the family to get you flowers, you are one lucky gal and they are lucky to have you.

Joan where are you??? I hope you are ok and hubby is getting better.

Well I am off to see what's for din-din, wish I was Tabatha and twitch my nose and have good teeth and great steak. Guess I will have to stick to my gurle-

Hello to all this time, I brought caramel sticky buns tonight and even a little Bailey's, finger lickin goodooooooood-Carla