Porch Light Volume 715 is CLOSED!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Everyone please go back and read the posts from MIkie, Jam Myself and others. Need to go fix dinner.

Love,
    Granni :)
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Granni

Thanks for starting the new thread. I was trying to do it myself, but the electronic gremlins
    wouldn't cooperate. I had to sign in three times before it would take.

AND, the last few times I started a new thread I had to search and search to find the "Open
    New Thread" button. Too much like running an obstacle course.

Speaking of running, just got back from running errands. Have to go water the garden. Will
    post later if I can summon up enough you-know-what. Also plan to make some more carrot
    juice. Got apples, cucumber and cabbage to add to it. (The cabbage is an experiment.)

Viva la experiment!

Rock
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

EVERYONE THERE IS AN ERROR IN MY TITLE POST TO TURN ON MY NEW VOLUME. I MEANT TO SAY NOW TURNED ON AND NOT( NOT !)!!!! Having problems trying to change it. Sorry !

Please also check out Ninks post on the en of 714.

HUGZ,
    GRANNI
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Mikie, it wasn't my assumption, but the lady's close friends who knew her well, I saw her only now and then but did play bridge with her a week earlier, so a shocker....she was talking about her new heart med and the ladies said the zzzquil was on her nightstand. Could have been just too much for her heart...I just read the list of side effects.....take care. jam
  5. springwater

springwater Member

posting so this thread gets bumped up...

yesterday was something fearful hot...ventured out in evening at 7:30..bought some
    fried tofu in gravy for myself, and fried buffaloe tongue for the men..anyways,
    these days i dont get that hungry...due to the heat...

Sun - i just fry the okra slices in soyabean oil till brown, then take them out and fry
    some asafoetida, cumin seeds a pinch of turmeric powder, salt and put in okra
    till they absorb the spices, maybe two mins.

Mikie - i feel for you, kinda crazy why the body acts up when it does, crazier when
    the mind does that for no apparent reason..sending healing thoughts...

Julie - i miss the days when i lived with my family, parents sibs...all the little
    family things one did, but then there were things like alcoholism, fighting ...
    so i was glad to get away from that, at least.

love yr patio, lovely space for kids to play in and around..lorraines imperious
    'hug' was a riot...

Granni - hope you a re not getting any storms, saw the one in Nebraska, hail
    shattering windshields, gulp! saw the dust storm in beijung and tehran too,
    and delhi, india...s ky darkening all of a sudden....just as Nature can be
    beautiful, she can be terrifying.

Rock - glad you could pop in, if just for a bit, i wonder if you counted,
    how many books you and Gordon finish reading in a year? must fill a
    small library

ive tried to give away some of my old books but its a wrench even if it
    is taking up space i dont hv

Ninkindy - glad you could pop in

Jam - i was thinking, about yr bridge acquaintance, went inher sleep, did
    she? not a bad way to go...considering my parents and brother had long
    illnesses before they passed...i myself learnt not to take my vitamin B
    and folic acid together, it felt like i had pins and needles inside of me for
    a few seconds, and scared me. i space them out, now, if i remember at all
    to take the supps, ie, i hvnt come to think of it.

My chinese friend, (we hv cautiously patched up, seems like) coz she
    wrote 'thank you for being such a good friend' on my birthday card
    and is talking okay...she wanted banana leaves to make some chinese
    dish made of rice and lentils a nd wrapped in banana leaves, and steamed
    ....i looked out the window and my banana tree of many years was
    gone, it had been doing poorly, so she asked me if i could procure it
    elsewhere, and i was able to find somebody who had a banana tree..
    my SILs sister..so friend had her staff drive over, pick SILs sis up,
    and take her to her house where said tree was...i was like, all that
    trouble for some dish she wants to make...but then friends son is
    visiting and he loves the dish, it seems and my friend has always been
    over energetic. what can i say. i envy thee, friend.

God bless
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  6. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone...couldn't go to bed without wishing everyone a good night/morning...depending on where you happen to live :)

Granni, thanks for starting up again...I think it will be fine. Maybe Mikie can fix the title when she gets up in the morning?

I didn't get much done today...watched the kids play in the puddles, then did a couple loads of laundry. Brought all my plants back out to the patio, then made sure I had a short nap so I could be ready for my date with two men ;)

Den wanted to go to the home supply store, before he starts call again on Friday. I knew Gpa would want to go, so I offered to tag along and tend to Gpa while Den ran hither and yon through the store. We had a cart loaded with sheets of styrofoam insulation, so I pushed Gpa's wheelchair up to the cart and it makes it look like he is pushing it by himself...good to see him laughing and carrying on.

I messaged his neighbor lady, who has mowed for him when I couldn't...she is going to mow tomorrow or Friday, then also next week (while I am getting ready for the reunion) and while Amy and I are on our trip. So, that is three times I won't have to worry about it.

I do like to mow, but it is getting to be a bit much, trying to keep two big yards caught up...not much time to do anything else. Gpa wants to at least help when he gets his casts off, if I can get my new mower over there too. I told him he will probably know if something is too much for him, but I'm sure he will need to be careful for a good while after he is considered "healed."

We filled his gas cans on the way back to our house last week, so will take the gas over to his house tomorrow...I will come back home and he will hang out for a bit. I think Sis will bring to our house.

So, my eyes are wanting to close...I will just say "Hello" to all...thinking of you!

[​IMG]

7. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Kids

Just fed the B&W cat. We went to the library today. I was trying to read a book by a new
    author, but kept getting the characters confusiated. Part of the trouble is my failing mind,
    but it is also true that some authors just write w/ greater clarity than others.

I also got Maeve Binchy's last book. It's a collection of short stories she wrote over a
    long period of time. I don't care much for short stories. Ya just get started, and they're
    over. But her's are better than most. Modern short stores are hopeless. Too me they
    are not even stories. Just pointless writing with no structure.

Great picture of Gpa, Julie. Yes, it does look like he's pushing that huge load. I didn't
    know you could buy insulation in sheets. I remember when I was a kid some folks on
    our street had their houses insulated. Most of the houses had been built at the beginning
    of the 20th century. I think the process consisted of blowing pink foam into the
    attic. My understanding of how it all worked has not improved in the intervening decades.

Springwater, Have not seen the word "asafoetida" for decades. I used to see it in
    old books where it was used for medicinal purposes. Had no idea people could eat it.
    Wikipedia has an informative article on same.

As for books, Gordon and I bring home 10-12 books every other week, but don't read
    them all. More and more I discover that I've already read the book. And some I
    just don't find appealing. Used to have book cases full of my own books, but got rid of
    them all a couple moves ago. Simplify, simplify.

Mikie, I have a question about the chat feature. Don't know if you can answer it or not.
    Anyhoo, it appears to me that some people are on the chat list for hours at a time. I am
    wondering if they just leave the computer set on chat and come back later to read what
    other people have posted. They don't respond when I send them a message.

Today there were 3 of us listed on the chat roster. One didn't respond. The other was
    someone I wanted to trade addresses with, but I wanted it to be confidential like we
    used to be able to do on the old board. So, my question is, if I typed in my address, would
    it still be there hours later available to whomever?

Hope you aches and pains are ebbing. You've sure had a lot on your salver lately.

Today's wisdom from bumper stickers: I Have Plenty of Self Control...
    Because I Never Use Any of It!

Hugs everydobby
    Rock
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Nink's last post:

• [​IMG]
      ninkinindyMember
      New
      I was awakened at 5:00 this morning by several HUGE thunder booms. They rattled my windows. I thought we were having an earthquake. I live in a small earthquake fault line; there have only been a couple of very small quakes in the last 30 years, but you never know.. After that it rained in sheets for several hours. When I want to complain about the weather, I always bring my self back to "Is it good for the farmers?" Having been born in a farming area and having several cousins whose livelihood has been farming for generations, I have unusual criteria for a city girl.

Moving on: my downstairs neighbor got a little pup a couple of months ago. She has an older dog who is very well-behaved, so I thought she raised her well. I've now come to the conclusion that that dog is well-behaved because she's older, not because she was well-trained. This new pup, who is now about 5 months old, doesn't know how to walk on a leash, and yips constantly when she outside. When she first got the pup, when the pup barked she would pick her up and hold her close and baby her. She clearly has no idea how to train a dog. I "look forward"
      to having this dog living below me for many years to come. At least she's quiet when she's inside.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

OK, I don't know how to move a post from one thread to another without its being under my own avatar but I think Nink was posting about the same time as the last thread was shutting down and I didn't want anyone to miss her post.

Rock, my dear friend, I am so chat challenged. I suggest you send an e-mail to TechSupport@ProHealth.com and, perhaps they can help. Sorry I can't help but chat and I just don't mix. I think you can send a private e-mail to another member by clicking on their avatar. Then, they can answer you in a private e-mail too.

Granni, I was laughing when I saw the title of this Porch. I figured out what happened and fixed it. Thanks for starting us up again. I do the same thing when I type; I type one similar word when I mean to use another. Oy!

Jam, I'm not saying it was your assumption; it appears it was this lady's friends' assumption. In any case, they may be right but an assumption is just that and one from nonmedical friends, with no scientific reason to link the Zquil, isn't scientifically credible. Many OTC and Rx meds have side effects. If even one person in trials has a side effect, it must now be listed. I'm not saying Zquil has no effect on the heart; I'm saying that to me, it's an acceptable risk I'm willing to take. I do appreciate your concern. A big mistake that people make is assigning cause and effect where none may be, due to two events in coincidence. There may be a relationship but cause and effect needs a LOT more scientific study than an assumption. That kind of logic wouldn't pass a college 101 test. This isn't directed at you but at this woman's friends who made the assumption. Again, your concerns are appreciated.

Just lost this entire post, the screen went blank and when I clicked on 715, here it was. So, I continue...

Julie, tell GPA I said, "Wow! What a man!"

Springwater, thanks for the healing thoughts. My mind refuses to perform if I'm sick, tired or in pain, so pretty much of the time. :( I'm going to look for some turmeric capsules; it's supposed to help reduce inflammation. I got an article in my e-mail from PH about all the inflammation in FMS. I know when my doc did my CRP, my inflammation was high and that was a couple of years ago just before I started my peptide injections. I should ask him to request it on my next labs. I'll wait until my hip is healed. Right now, the inflammation would likely be off the charts. That was nice of you to get the banana leaves. We have some huge banana plants down here. People plant them next to the bldgs. without realizing how big they get. One of my clients gave me some of his little bananas and I didn't care for the texture--mushy. AACK! :eek:

Nink, if this lady lives downstairs, does it mean you live in a condo or apt.? If so, is there a way to anonymously complain to mgmt.? In my hood, mgmt. would send a letter. We only allow one dog, under 20 lbs., per unit. In fact, we only allow one pet per unit but many have multiple cats who live inside and no one cares. I love cats and dogs but have decided a pet is just one more stressor in my life that I don't need. I know they give unconditional love and people who have them are healthier but they are work and are expensive if they get sick. I took care of neighbor's cat downstairs while my hip was painful and even that was more than I wanted to do. She is a sweet cat who was rescued from a very bad situation and I love her but just can't see myself with another one. My old cat died six months after I moved down here and I decided then that my pet days were over. I remember when my Mom got to that point and I didn't understand how anyone could live without a cat or dog. I get more like my Mom every day. I look down and these aren't my hands; they are my Mom's.

Am not in pain so far. It's going to be a nice dry morning so will likely have coffee out on the Balcony. Think I'll have an Epsom Salt soak before I get dressed. I have to go to Target to pick up my Rx. I got a coupon from Bealls for $10 off any $10 or more purchase. Well, heck, I can, at least, buy some K-cups for only a couple of dollars. I will take my garbage down to the dumpster and pick up my mail. I'll also do some stretches and try to get back into working out later. Also need to get off the comfort food. No problem there, I've had my fill while I've been down and out with the hip.

Sending my best wishes for a great, pain-free day for everyone.

Love, Mikie
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good morning EVERDOBBY :)!!!!

Mikie - Thanks for the help out on trying to get this new thread started correctly with my misspelling. Glad you are feeling better so far today. TRY an take it easy so that pain doesn't come back. like it was when it was so bad. You are right about assumptions. Many times there are probably more than reason that can cause something to happen unless lots of specifics are KNOWN. However we all takes our chances with meds and other things. Don't feel bad about forgetting what other have said on their posts. If I don't take notes I do forget A LOT.

Jam - Thanks for your tips on things to try and keep us healthy. We need all the help you and everyone else can share.

Spring Water - Thanks so much for moving Nink's post over to this volume. I noticed it last night and rushed to star the new thread so as to hopefully keep others fro posting there on the old volume. How nice of you to help getting your friends banana leaves for her special dish for her son.

Nink - Don't feel badly about posting on the wrong Porch volume . Lots of us have done that. We usually just go on to the next volume about 30 or so posts per Porch thread. Hope you are feeling OK today and got enough sleep after being woken up so early with the storm.

Julie - What a cute pic of grandpa "pushing" all that insulation around the store. It really does look like he is pushing it himself. Hope everyone at your house and Lindsay's are feeling much better. Cute pics of those little ones playing in the mud. They always love that unless they are like Liora who doesn't want to get dirty. Those twins surly are getting big. How old are they now. Are they thinking about potty training yet. Seems to me that maybe it was Isaiah who sometime ago went in the potty and got everyone excited :)!! It is so wonderful when they learn to be a big boy or girl and throw away the diapers. Although Linds will not have to get rid of them for awhile with the new baby coming in August. Hope she is feeling better with less contractions.

Rock - So glad that you still love to read and write to - like here on the Porch We surely would miss you if you were not here to lighten our spirits. Great for your mind to no matter how confusiated you and we can get some times . I just love the new words you make up :)!!

DH is at a breakfast and will be home in about an hour. I need to get a few things done before he get home. Then I need to go to Wally World to go shopping a bit.

I forget who asked but we haven't had any storms since a week or so ago which may be out rain for the month ):! I now ere has been very bad storms elsewhere. Now it is officially Hurricane season ):!! Now we have to be very watchful and try and be ready with some supplies, etc..

Need to go for now.

Love to awl, inc. those not mentioned and all our man MIA's as well,
    Granni
  11. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Mikie, it's true you and I just see things different...I would any day, take an alternative supp for my needed help vs a pharma drug....when I think back to prior to 1995 and all the drixoral and sudafed I consumed and that I have NOT purchased that type of drug in almost 19 yrs.....this is my history and how I've been helped with supps including my sleep aids....

A conventional med friend that I play bridge with and has horrible sleep issues told me a couple weeks ago she is sleeping better since taking melatonin and she is using the calms too... Anyway......

Spring, as I understand it my bridge friend was found by her live in person...so yes in her sleep. I keep waking up.....jam
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Granni, my pleasure. I thought if it was your thread, you could edit the title but I'm not sure because the screen I see has more on it. Honestly, I think the pain I have now is related to my back. After my colonoscopy, I'll call for an appt. with their back guy. I went to Lowe's today before going to Target to get my Rx's. I didn't even get through the store before I was having pain. It's actually in the buttox area just where a pocket would be on a pair of jeans. I did my stretches today but I've been in pain all afternoon. This sucks! :mad: I'm no worse off than others here; I'm just a whiner.

I tried to bring Nink's post over but still don't know how to do it clean; it always comes under my avatar. I'm not that computer savvy. I figured, though, that the important thing is to make sure everyone got the chance to read it.

Jam, it's fine for us to agree to disagree and I respect that you want to use different things in your regimen. I hope and pray they work fine for you.

At Lowe's, I found an electric hedge trimmer for only $35. Our gardeners are sooooo far behind that our sheflera (I probably misspelled that; it's also known as arbicola) is waaaaay too big. Ours is verigated and lovely but if not kept trimmed, grow out of control. These are the same plants sold in colder areas as house plants. Down here, they grow like they are on steroids. I have hopes that I'll be up to doing a bit of trimming when this pain is better.

I had to stop at Target for my Rx's and am glad I did because the expensive Cat Walk hair products I use were almost on a BOGO in multi packs. I got four bottles of root lift and four of hair spray. It was a big outlay at one time but I probably have at least a year's supply and will save money in the long run. The last time I bought this I got it on one of their coupon deals and saved a bundle. It's funny because I use the cheapest Suave shampoo and conditioner and love it. Savings all round!

We have carpenter ants all trying to get inside through the hole in the wall where Barb's light fixture is on the outside. I killed them with wasp spray which left an icky film on everything. From what I understand, though, if not killed, they can go to the attic and eat the wood. :eek: The pest woman at Lowe's told me to call our fumigator so I did. Haven't heard back from him yet. He's due in two weeks but I may have him come earlier and do whatever needs doing. I called our mgr. and she said other condo neighborhoods have had them and they were successfully treated by exterminators.

I sat out on the Balcony with Barb this morning before I got going. I wanted to get to Costco and Bealls but not with my back throbbing with every step. I came home, put the tens unit on and did my stretches. I've also been just resting in between loads of laundry. Also got the dishwasher run but haven't unloaded it yet. I usually like to unload it in the morning just before breakfast. I'm hungry and want to eat and am motivated to put the dishes away.

Well, before I write "W&P," I had better get going. Love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Mikie - Don't use those hedge clippers yet. Hope your pain goes away son. Try not to lift anything to heavy either. Might aggravate it. Just got home from WM.. Have to go give DH his drops. Almost forgot.

Love,
    granni
  14. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone...just stopping by to say, "Hi, Hello, How are ya?" Not perking too fast today...having some "intestinal issues", so working slowly in the house instead of mowing or weedeating.

Took Gpa over to his house this morning, along with the cans of gas for the mower...his neighbor will mow today or tomorrow. I came back home with the intention of getting a lot of things done, but took a nap instead :p Got up when another neighbor (the one who helped with mulch and mowing at Gpa's last week) texted that he was dropping off his mower for Den to service.

Just doing some laundry and dishes and will call that "good enough" for today. Den got home early from work, so he is getting his snooze in while he has a chance.

Amy will be here tomorrow thru Sunday...I am supposed to get a list made of things I want her to help me with. Bless her heart; Keira will be at her dad's and Amy could have the whole weekend to herself and Clinton, but she is coming to help her mama :)

I'll check in later on...Den's sis is bringing Gpa home sometime before supper, so I should take advantage of some "down time."
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Early Morning, Porchies.

Granni, I am convinced, now that the hip pain is under control, that my main issue is my back. Will have to call and make an appt. with their back doc. I don't want to do it until after my colonoscopy on the 18th. I have all my prep stuff. Glad I didn't send in my $30 for a prep kit. The Miralax was $9, because I had a $1 coupon, and I already had some Ducolax. That prep center they use is really raking in the $$$s. I called them and they did send the prep directions to me in an e-mail. They said to empty the whole bottle of Miralax into the Gatorade. Well, there are more than one size of Miralax. Pity the poor soul who buys the largest one. AACK!!! :eek: I had to call back to get the correct size. I've got some banana popsicles, white grape juice, Smart Water, chicken broth, Jello and 7Up. That ought to get me through prep day. The procedure is early--I have to be there at 6:30 a.m. Bless, Barb; she is taking me and picking me up. I try to look on the bright side and think of this as a nice cleanse. The little hedge trimmer is electric so no heavy lithium ion batteries to life nor to have go dead in the middle of a job. We have a GFI outlet outside and I have loooooong grounded exterior extension cords. I'm anxious to just give it a quick try so may put on my brace and just level one of the hedges. Our gardeners should have to give us a rebate for all their work I do.

Julie, yes, move slowly except when you need the porcelain facility. :( Nothing like a stomach bug to put a spring in one's step. Glad you got some rest and are getting some help. When I lived in CO, I had a neighbor who had moved there from NJ where she lived on acreage. She had a riding mower called, the Big Boy. According to her, it vibrated in such a way as to be better than a man. She said her neighbors were always wondering why she was constantly mowing. :D Now, I'm not saying this is your motivation but I thought you'd get a kick out of her story.

I have nothing planned today. I do want to try the pool, though. Even just walking slowly against the water resistance is a bit of a workout. I can't continue eating comfort foods (there are no more of them left and it's staying that way) and being inert. I still want to get to Bealls and Costco but doubt I'll do it today unless I am feeling a LOT better. All this pain I've had is exhausting. I was in pain last night and just looked at my Oxy and decided not to take it. I'm pretty sure that taking it just causes my body to make even more pain. It's OK for a day or two but I don't want to take it regularly.

Hope all y'all have a wonderful day.

Love, Mikie
  16. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Kids

The great cabbage juicing experiment was not a huge success. The machine coped with the
    core, but the leaves proved to be a problem. Probably similar to trying to punch your way
    out of a paper bag. If the bag gives with the punch, you can't make any progress.

Nevertheless we did make a half gallon of juice. Cost is about $4. That's pretty cheap
    considering that most markets charge 3 bucks for a pint of carrot juice.

Mikie, got here one minute after you posted. "Hot off the press." I don't know if
    newspapers are still printed with a process that generates heat or not. But once they did. When I was a kid my neighbor let me rummage around in her barn. I found a paper bag with a pound or two of lead in it. She said I could keep it. I sold it to our local newspaper for about 2 bucks. A kid could buy a lot with that back in the 40s. What did they do with the lead? Used it in their linotype machine to print the news. It came out once a week and was only 2
    pieces of paper, but it was folded to make 6 pages.

Saw a hot dog stand on a humor site. The sign read: The Best Wurst. Good luck with your test.

Granni and Julie, you see that article on State Fairs in the computer news? When I was a kid
    it was said that Minnesota had the biggest state fair. The current list has Texas, Iowa and
    MN at the top. I was astounded by the difference between the huge complex of permanent
    buldings and the tiny county fair with its tents and stock pens and rides (about 3).

Julie, here's an old riddle. What's the difference between a power motor and a bagpipe?
    A: You can tune a mower.

Granni, what do you mean "making up words"? I just can't imaginize what you are
    thinking of.

Jam, did you hear about the duplicate player who went to see the doc. He was
    asked the standard question. "Do you get much exercise?" "Well", said the bridge player,
    "Only when I play East-West".

Springwater, we used to have a banana tree, but Gordon chopped it down last year.
    As you probably know, they are not suitable for planting near a building. We rented
    a duplex with a banana tree at one corner. The landlord had to have the tree removed.
    The roots were attacking the foundation. BTW, saw a picture of a banana in a
    market. It had a label that said, "Banana; Portable." Probably a joke, huh?

Bis spater
    Rock
  17. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

To Rock and Mikie...

You both crack me up!

Truly, our yard is so bumpy and rough (from Amish horses getting loose and running all over after it had rained) and from moles building a hidden city underneath the ground...it's all I can do to just hang on and not fall off, lol!

I spent a few minutes looking for images of "you crack me up", but when I went to paste one over here, all that would come up is the picture of Gpa pushing the load of stuff through the store the other night.

Mikie, I sure hope you can get to the bottom, ahem, of your pain :D Seriously, I feel so bad that you are hurting so much...but...maybe you should take it a little more easy? I know...I should talk, right? :p

Last evening, after feeding Den a microwave dinner and Gpa some leftovers (I know, my bad) I decided to go ahead and mow the kids' play area. David came out and asked if he could do it for me, so I gladly gave him the job (even though the poor boy ran over some of my hostas...I read that you should move them in the fall, not spring...so was waiting. Lindsey doesn't like them, so I was just going to transplant them.)

Anyway, Lorraine and I got busy and moved some mulch from our stockpile over to one of the flowerbeds. By that time, Lindsey and the twins were outside also, and Lorraine and Isaiah had found the puddle again (mostly mud this time.)

Lorraine very efficiently decided to "move" some of the water with her boot, in order to make the puddle deeper again...yes, she was literally scooping up water with her boot, then pouring it into the deeper part, lol!

By the time they were done, Den had to hose them off (luckily, we can have warm water coming from the hose.)

Better get going...Gpa is up and I need to get his breakfast, meds, etc. BTW, he was at the Landing of Normandy on D-Day...

18. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good morning awl,

Julie - Hope your tummy issues have subsided. That is certainly not a lot of fun. Glad you will have some fun with your combination reunion Father's day celebration. I think that is what you had said. How nice that Amy is coming to help out. Whoops gotta run. DH just came in and needs the puter.

Mikie - Hope your pain has subside some and you get rid of those awful ants.

Back later guys.

Love,
    Granni
  19. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie, et al,

I think that you were posting the same time as I was . Wow, it sounds like Isaiah and Lorraine are going to be the terrible twosome LOL !!! I am glad that at least Liora wants to try and stay clean. I imagine on the farm it would be rather hard to stay clean especially if dong any kind of farm work. Just playing outside would keep them dirty most times. Glad your young ones are busy outside and not just stuck to their gadgets as many are nowadays. I know growing up we were always outside playing one thing or anther. I like Lorraine's idea of making the puddle bigger with her boot. Of course your young ones are sort of young for gadgets but I have seen some now geared for young ones to learn.

Just got back from working out some (not my idea) and then off to Sams for some grocery shopping. Then putting stuff away and lunch. I just remembered that I and better go and give DH some more drops before we both forget. We also stopped at the pharmacy to pick up refills on his drops. We have some left but it is hard to know how much is in the bottles. Get those things are expensive. Have gotten a lot better I giving but sometimes it all doesn't go in the eye and lost some in the very beginning too..

Mikie - Please try not to overdue as it sounds like your pain will just come back again, at least not now. Lifting heavy things may not be helpful to. Hope you can get some rest with all this pain. Have you tried a heating pad. That usually helps me some. It may not go away immediately but after a few days of sitting on it or putting it on your back it might help the grabbing pain.

Thinking of so many of you- Sun, Dar, Rock, Nink, Diane and awl !
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Glad that I didn't lose the last post. It froze on me and I had to reboot.

Nothing new here. Have a great weekend

Luv,
    Granni