PORCH NUMBER 868 IS CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Mornin' Porchies,

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Be sure to check out Rock's Thought for the day for lovely valentines. Thanks, Rock! You rock!!!

Sun, your family history is so sad. I'm sorry the problems of these recent weeks has been so stressful for you. I hope things get better and you start feeling better too. It's often during stressful times that we get sick or have relapses. Is painting therapy for you? If so, start painting. I've been wanting to get back to it but this loooong drawn out relapse has taken so much of my NRG. If I ever want to see DD and DGS again, I have to clean out the front bedroom where he sleeps. It will be a relief to get it cleaned out. I've decided not to reorganize it just yet. I'll clean it and then take my time cleaning out and reorganizing it. I am getting more and more determined to get rid of things I don't use. If I ever have a severe health issue, I might not be able to do it then and I'd hate for it to fall on my kids. After seeing what has happened to my older neighbors, I realize it could happen to me too. Take care and feel better.

The stress in the hood continues. Ilona has gotten so cantankerous that people don't want to be around her. She is belittling Frank something horrible in front of everyone. She talks about him like he isn't there. I finally said, "Can we please not talk about him as though he isn't here?" I have as little to do with her as possible but I like Frank. She wants to be in charge and has been running up to see Barb until the docs said no more visitors. She's jealous that Barb called Grace and not her before the surgery. I can't believe this level of pettiness. It's like they never got out of junior high school. Poor Grace is so sick of it that she wants to move. I've told her just to have patience. Ilona will be leaving in Apr. and Barb will probably not be back on her own again. The whole hood is all up in arms over this election. I hope things settle down soon. Good grief!!! :confused:

My dear old friend is in a lot of denial over his tendency to fall. Nurse Nancy and I think he should put pressure on his doc to find out what is wrong. He is incredibly healthy and strong. Nancy thinks he may just need some electrolytes so he was going to get some Smart Water. Still, the doc needs to probe further. When my friend isn't falling, he sees no reason to do anything about it. I hope they can figure it out. He is such a great person. When we get older, we can't afford to be in denial about health issues which could take away our independence or cause serious illness.

Just got a message from my gyno's office. I need to make appts. for my Dexa scan, mammogram and an office visit. I'm seeing my PCP on Tues. to go over my lab work and prescribe my Rx's. Seems as though everything hits this time of year. I'm trying to decide what to do about my chipped tooth. I don't want the new dentist doing any work so I guess I'll call the old dentist and go back to him. I'll be saving $720 a year on my meds so I can afford it. I think my cataracts have grown and I'll ask my eye doc when I see him in, I think, Apr. It's getting more and more difficult to stay on top of everything. Whine, whine, whine!!! :(

Big Sun. newspaper is here so guess I'll check the ads. Bealls has a $10 coupon for every $25 spent. Only problem is that they hike the prices during Snowbird Season so I don't save as much until they leave. Ilona was being very pushy for me to give her my old clothes which are too big for me. If she asks again, I'm going to tell her I'm not ready to go through them right now. I'm just trying to avoid her and de-stress while Barb is gone. Maybe I'll run down to Bealls and, if I see something I like, treat myself a bit.

Hoping all y'all have a wonderful Valentines Day. I keep everyone in my heart. You guys are my online family and I love you all so much. :)

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kids

Quite here. Gordon's brother is downstairs fixing a breakfast that meets
    his requirements. I think it's sorta veganish. Has lots of tofu and imitation
    this and pretend that.

Mikie, Ilona and Barb sound pretty formidable. Be a tough tag team duo.
    If Ilona doesn't mend her ways people won't want to be around here. She
    may find herself all-ilona.

I think you are very sensible in not tackling too much at one time. Gordon
    and were out in the back yard doing this and that yesterday. Pulling
    weeds and picking up debris from the neighbor's palm trees. After 10
    minutes Gordon said, "You'd better go in before your back starts to
    act up." So I did. Don't have to twist my arm (or spine in this case.)

Barry, I don't know which sounds weirder: kale chips or sea weed chips.
    Used to see sea weed on the beach when I lived half a block from the
    Pacific. Also dead jelly fish, tiny shells from crabs, and assorted
    trash. Anyhoo the dead sea weed did not look appetizing.

In response to your question, I am usually reading 4 books. Keep switching
    back and forth. Started 3 books yesterday. Two I didn't like. The other
    was a biography by Anson Williams who played Potsie on Happy
    Days. I read the autobiography of Gary Marshall, creator and executive
    producer last year. The title sounds like something a child might say:
    My Happy Days in Hollywood. Hope you and Diane get to feeling better.
    Well, all of us for that matter. Uff-da!

Diane, "Me and My Blankie" reminds me of an old song: Me and My
    Shadow.

Me and my shadow
    Strolling down the avenue.
    Me and my shadow
    Not a soul to tell our troubles to.

It was written by Billy Rose and Dave Dreyer. Al Jolson also has
    his name listed as one of the writers. A lotta singers did that.
    Still do it. "You want me to record your song? I'll do it. For X percent
    of the royalties. Another reason for songwriters to make their
    own recordings.

Don't worry if you can't spell bouillon. Billons of people can't.
    You can always use "broth".

Sun, glad to hear you found a bargain at the art shop. "Pad" is kinda
    an ambiguous word. Lottsa meanings. In crosswords the clue for
    pad is 'mat'. Hope you have a little more energy today.

Hugs to Springwater and Julie and Granni.

Rock
  3. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Hi Rock, and Mikie and all .....................

Rock, that was the melody I had in mind.

Here's my attempt at a "song" -----

Me and my blankie
    cuddling up with kitties 1, 2, 3
    Me and my blankie
    Soft and warm and purring endlessly
    (the kitties! LOL. Not the blankie) :)

Me and my blankie
    The kitties love it unless I toss and turn
    Me and my blankie
    Then the kitties play, and they take off and run

But, one by one, they will come back
    to the most comfortable spot in the house!!

To me and my blankie,
    with kitties all around me
    yes, they do surround me
    And we have a very nice nap!!!!!!

Until it's time to get up for treats...........

LOL

Getting tired now. Everybody, good luck with your health procedures, tests, etc. Take care, and feel better soon.

Luv y'all,
    Diane
    rockgor likes this.
  4. rockgor

Hi Kids

Just woke up from my you know what. It's 80 degrees here with a clear
    blue sky. Too hot to do much, but nevertheless some 25,000 folks
    are participating in the LA marathon. I suppose Valentine's is an appropriate
    day for a marathon. Both exercise and love make your heart beat faster.

I started reading a book by a runner yesterday. He said it takes
    52,000 steps to run a marathon. Seems like quite a bunch. On
    the other hand, the average person walks enough in a lifetime
    to circle the globe 5 times.

Disclaimer. There are all kinds of numbers on the net about how far
    folks walk. I found numbers ranging from 62,000 miles to

Diane, nice lyrics. All you need is a partner who can write
    music. Someone along the lines of Richard Rodgers or Jerome
    Kern would be nice. Is Kevin musical?

Here's my Valentine's poem for this year. You can borrow it if you
    like. It's not copyrighted.

If I could write a verse like Shelley,
    I'd write as sweet as jam or jelly.

Or could I write like young John Keats,
    My poem would knock you off your feets.

If I could think like Ogden Nash,
    I'd write some lines worth lots of cash.

But since I can't, all I can do;
    Is just repeat that I love you.

Rock

[​IMG]
    bct likes this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Mornin', Porchies,

Thank goodness I fell asleep early because Princess Tweety decided I should get up at 3:30. She was jumping up on bedside tables and on me and taking off in a streak. I got up and she thought she was going to get a treat. Instead, I put her in time out on the lanai and didn't respond to her wails to come back in. Sir Vester used to worry about her if she were out there yowling but now, he just sleeps beside me on the bed. I lay in bed for another hour, enjoying his warm soft body next to me. He just came out from using the box and he must be proud of what he did; he's crowing about it like a rooster.

I did nothing yesterday. I felt out of sorts mentally and a bit depressed. Today, I have to go see whether the smell is gone from our storage bin. Jeff recognized it as fertilizer. With the new landscaping, I will no longer be doing some of the work myself. Hopefully, the new bushes will be fine with just the "landscapers' " inept level of trimming. I held on to chores as long as I could but I am now willing to accept that I can no longer do them and no longer want to do them. I can still tend to the flowers in front. Some days, that's almost too much. I need to focus on getting better and finishing the work I started inside.

My ex had a spell when he was out to lunch with DD#1 and DSIL. It was over in a moment but felt like a stroke. They scanned his head in the ER and found nothing. Ha, ha!!! :) Take that as you may. DD#1 is a nurse and she was the one who insisted he go to the hosp. It may have been a TIA. Nurse Nancy tells me they don't show up on scans. All his cardio test were good. Since I was incommunicado yesterday, I didn't get the latest update on Barb. I hope she is doing better so they can get her in rehab and her kids can take her up North.

Our bald eagles are now doing fine. One of the eaglets had some fishing line tangled around its foot and it was swelling badly. Wildlife folks removed it from the nest and took care of it. They have put it back into the nest and both Harriett and her young paramour are caring for both of the youngens. Harriett's young male has risen to the job of parenting well. He brought a whole fish and put it in the nest. Unfortunately, it evidently had the fishing line attached to it. Earning a living is even difficult for eagles and, raising the kids...don't get me started.

Rock, loooove your Valentine poem. Rock on!!! Yes, between Barb and Ilona, we are all quite stressed out and sick of the whole toxic scene. I think they should call her, ill-lona, as in, she's ill; leave her alone. I'm quite happy to leave her alone. This nasty election in the hood hasn't helped the atmosphere either. I do believe, however, that this new board will be an improvement. At least, I hope so. There are sooooo many nice people here but a couple of rotten apples can certainly make us all sick. I should write a pome about it. I'm glad Gordon is so good at watching out for you and that you are willing to take care of yourself and your back. Mine has been acting up and I know how awful back problems can be. Take care, my friend and enjoy the warm sunshine.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away;
    It's a good thing cause I can't pay.
    I take my pills to chase my ills;
    Then, all I can do is pray.

Diane, love your lyrics too. Of course, I can certainly relate to kitties sleeping on my softy-wafty blankie. Like the fog, they come into the bedroom on little cat feet. Unfortunately, early in the morning, Tweety lands on the bed on heavy, noisy feet in order to rouse me. I'm glad you can keep up with reading our posts and even gladder when you are up to posting some fine rhyming. Hope you, Kevin, and the kitties are feeling well.

Me and my shadows,
    Walking down the catnip row;
    Me and my shadows,
    It's a good thing I love them so.

Julie, so good to hear from you. I wish you were feeling better but it's good you are taking naps. I hope you are able to enjoy your family. I also hope GPA is not causing problems for you. Yes, after 40 plus yrs., Den is a keeper. I pray you both get to feeling better. Keep us updated when you can.

Julie's house is a very, very, very fine house;
    With love galore,
    You feel it at the door.
    And what is even more,
    You'll never see a mouse.

Yes, Julie's house is a very, very, very fine house.

Gonna go read the paper and hope I have enough NRG to do what I gotta do today. I pray for the same for all our sweet Porchies.

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    rockgor likes this.
  6. bct

bct Active Member

Hi Porchies! Hope you are all feeling alright, or at least not too bad....

Sunny day today. Tomorrow I begin my colonoscopy prep.:eek: :eek:. What to eat that is clear in colour, no solids? I don't like jello. I have settled on apple juice and chicken broth and white wine. o_O Whine...:rolleyes:. Wednesday is the big event. The part I don't like is the drive for 65 miles. At least I won't be driving. Enough of this. I'm getting the nerves.

Julie, you don't need to apologize for your short post. We know you are taking on a great deal of work. Nap when you are tired my girl! Follow your body, don't feel guilty. We do the best we can with CFS/ME and it IS a struggle. You are one strong lady!

Mikie, I'm sorry about your lack of energy and feeling a bit blue. Me too! As for your smelly bin, don't worry about it. Throw A bottle of patchouli oil in it -- the scent will change dramaticaly, I'm sure. :p I speak from experience as an old hippie. :cool:

Cats can be a real comfort. Our Slinky drapes herself across my lap in the evenings and makes for a very nice warming pad. She is a really good cat, though I do worry a bit about her catting around outside at night. Still, she insists on going out when we go to bed, and races in for her breakfast as soon as the door is opened in the early morning. If perchance she does go out in the day, she usually just watches birds for an hour or so, and then we here a thump and there she is clinging to the windowsill and staring through the window at us to let her in. At night she probably spends much of her time under the house or nearby mousing. Good.

By the way, The Guardian (English newspaper) has an article on CFS/ME in it today. Front page of website. The article is bad, but the comments are good. The old CBT/GET mantra again. The comments are blistering!

Hey, it's time for elevenses; think I'll have a cuppa chamomile tea !
    Later, my friends,
    Barry

7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good afternoon to all my dear Porchies !!!

I have been so busy today and the weekend and have hardly been on the computer and now we have another PORCH volume. I haven't been able to write a post on the new volumes so I can see them on my phone so here it is. Wish it could be longer.

Had a nice but busy weekend and yesterday went to DD who lives close by and he made some nice steaks and lobster tails that were on sale in a couple of our stores. He even whipped up a bananas Foster at the end but it didn't flame up. He thought it was due to the fact that he stirred the alcohol ( but they said to do it in the recipe). Any way I cheated on that part of the dinner and even had a glass of wine. It was all VERY NICE and delicious. DH is not a flowers guy and I rarely get them from him. Occasionally from my son and dil for Mother's Day or something. He did give DSIL some money towards the dinner. That outside in a restaurant would have been a very expensive dinner. Before hand we sat outside, enjoyed the weather with our glass of wine.. Didn't get a chance to go to line dancing today as we went shopping after DH went to have some blood work done.

How nice to see and hear from you all on the PORCH. I missed all the Valentines Festivities and song writings :)!!.

BARRY - Good luck tomorrow. I am sure all will go well. I like your choice of white wine for clear choices of liquid dinner, breakfast, etc. I do like Jello but DH can't stand it so he never got to have his :)!!. It will all be over in a flash after you get to the surgical arena so TRY and relax as much as you can. Will be thinking of you on your day of prep and surgery.

MIKIE and DIANE - I love your little songs you write for Valentines day. VERY CUTE about the kitties and JULIE's HOUSE . MIKIE, I hope that things settle down in your hood with everything going on. Sorry about your X and hope he doesn't have any more spells or TIAs or whatever it was. I know that is scary. Nice to hear from you DIANE and hope you and Kevin are feeling better.

Hi Also to ROCK, SUN and everydobby else. No time right now to go back and re read what I read to make sense of everything so I can respond sensibly.. SUN - I hope they make some good sense out of your medical insurance for you soon. I know that is scary for you and many of us.

Bye for now . There will be something happening every day this week. So not sure how much I will be able to get on the computer. Hopefully I can catch some of the Porches happenings on the phone but it is hard to respond on the phone. I have chorale practice tonight and singing practice tomorrow and two performances in the next two days. Usually we don't do all that many in one week except sometimes at Christmas time. Friday night is group trip out and about our neighborhood for awhile to look and shop. I will mot likely do a lot of looking. With the stock market the way it is and other things forget the shopping unless it is a good deal for Christmas presents or something I could really use.

Love you all,
    Granni :)

P.S. Will try and get back some tomorrow, if I can. Since DH has his meeting maybe I can but I need to get a few things done first.
  8. rockgor

Hi Kids

Today was chiro day. Gordon is on a safari to Home Depot. He was going
    to his friend's place to pick up a new orchid called Red Dragon. I
    found several photos on line, but they seem to vary a good deal.
    Anyhoo his trip to pick up same was aborted. Friend had to make a
    sudden visit to the dentist.

Barry, I hope your medical procedure isn't too awful. Remember when
    Katie Couric had one had the Today Show? That was around the turn
    of the century. There are reportedly vids on Youtube. I think it's safe to
    assume they don't really show much of anything. I almost had one ah
    them thar things a couple decades ago, but due to Kaiser Permanente's
    incompetence, the event didn't occur. I never gave 'em another chance.

How do Shorty and Slinky get along? BFF?

Mikie, I started reading a cozy mystery today. The cast includes a
    cat named Hamlet who is described as black and big as a dog. That
    last bit seems a little vague to me. It was also described as ornery
    which reminded me of Tweety; as least some of the time.

Started another book a couple days ago by an author with an
    impressive resume. I think she was a Professor of English.
    Anyhoo her main character was an 8 year old girl who "enjoyed
    the suggestion of mediocrity in the teacher's comment". After
    reading that I closed the book forever. If there's an 8 year old
    who would harbor such a thought, then I am (to quote Dorothy
    Parker) "The Queen of Romania."

“Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
    a medley of extemporanea,
    And love is a thing that can never go wrong,
    and I am Marie of Romania.”

Julie, have you been having a fierce winter? I think I heard
    the weather man say last week was pretty bad. Today was
    so warm here, I only wore one shirt when we went out. And
    I haven't turned on my electric blanket for a week.

I think it would be difficult to get anything done at your
    place. You're always being interrupted or trying to do
    3 things at once. Too much for color TV as my neighbor
    used to say. Hope you can catch up on your rest.

Hugs Springwater and Sun and Granni and Diane.
    Rock

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Morning, Kids,

We just had a cold front move through with severe thunderstorms early this morning. Thunder woke me up. I don't know whether there was tornadic activity up in the clouds or not but there were tornado warnings NE of us. I hate to see those circles on the weather radar, indicating swirling winds up in the clouds. The storm is moving fast so, if there were swirling winds above me, I slept through it. When I woke up, I could hear the wind whirling around outside. Yikes!!! :eek: I have a doctor appt. at 10:00 this morning but the storm will be outta here by then. I am hoping something will 'splain this profound exhaustion.

I did manage to clean out the plastic storage bin yesterday and I cleaned out behind it where we had a rake and shovel. The shovel fit inside the bin and I put the rake behind the hedge where it doesn't show. It looks so much better. The bin is the same color as our bldg. and doesn't show. I cleaned the dirt off the top of it. Jeff came over and got the orchids I gave away except for the really big one. He has no tree to hang it in. I repotted it and hung it in a little deeper and lower in the tree which is off to the side of the front of our bldg. He came in to visit the kitties while he was here. They came out to see him but were a bit leery. They haven't seen him for a while. Ilona helped herself to the orchid pot I had put out into which I had planned to report the big orchid. I took it back before repotting it. She is not only mean; she is nervy and mean. :mad:

Barb is supposed to be moved from the hospital to inpatient rehab today. I met her friend who has been taking care of her. The friend spent the whole day at the hospital and came home exhausted. Barb called her at 10:00 that night, insisting she come back because Barb couldn't find the button to call the nurse. She was all upset. The friend called the nurses' station and asked them to go help her. Barb's playing the 'poor me' card for attention knows no limits. I told the friend that I'm nominating her for sainthood. I also offered to help her if she needs anything. I hope this nightmare will be over soon. Everyone who has gone to see Barb says she looks horrible. I pray for her but don't want her back here. :(

Barry, I sent up a little prayer for you that the prep and procedure go well. I found that chicken bouillon tasted wonderful to me when I was prepping for mine. I've had so many that it's just routine for me. The new prep is much easier than it was back in the day. I drank Publix brand of diet lemon/lime soda, ate Jello (I like it) and drank Smart Water to keep my electrolytes up. Without the Smart Water, I get nauseated and have a headache. From one old hippie to another--thanks for the patchouli suggestion. I love that smell. I almost get high on that alone. :rolleyes: Your Slinky is probably fine outside. She's likely very savvy by now about how to stay safe. I wish these two could go out but the one neighbor would likely complain and the powers that be might make me get rid of them. Again, good luck with the prep and colonoscopy. I'm glad you don't have to drive.

Granni, your dinner sounds divine. I'm drooling. Slurp! Slurp! Anyone with Sjogren's will tell you that drooling is a blessing. :p Good grief! You're one busy lady. I had thought I'd make it to Bealls to use my $10 coupon but, alas, I was too tired to go. DD#2 has gone back to CO to visit her Dad. I think his spell scared the kids but he seems to be OK. He called last evening but my phone was updating and cut off the ring. He didn't leave a message that I can see. I really don't feel like talking to him. As I struggle to make sure I have enough $$$ to last me for the duration, he brags to me about how much his rental condos are worth and all the nice retirement money they bring in. We had rental condos when we divorced but he insisted on selling them at the bottom of the real estate bust. Real estate is booming in CO. I just don't want to hear about it. Hope you get through your busy schedule.

Rock, what a beautiful orchid. Mine have been neglected and I don't 'spect them to bloom anytime soon. I've neglected everything during this relapse. Whine, whine, whine!!! My Mom had a friend with a 30-pound cat. It was HUGE! :eek: It was a sweet old fellow. The weight limit for dogs in the hood is 20 pounds. Tweety isn't big but is very solid and weighs a ton. She can be sweet but can also be a real pill. She is too smart and obstinate for her own good (and mine). Yes, it is a stretch to believe an eight-year-old kid would even know what mediocrity means. That said, I do believe our society and culture, or lack of culture, tend to be going to hell in a handbasket to the point that some think mediocrity equals good. Hope Gordon's friend's trip to the dentist wasn't too traumatic, physically and financially.

Julie, speaking of busy schedules. I don't know how you keep track of everybody's comings and goings. Your place is like Grand Central. I'm glad y'all get to see one another. How smart of Den and Fred to practice on the little kitchen play cabinets. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems and it's good to find out the pitfalls before working on the real thing. Will Den be building your cabinets from scratch or ordering them and installing them? Just be sure not to use the pressed wood ones on the bottom. I have those (cheap builder grade) and, if there is a leak, they swell. I managed to fix the one below my sink, thank God. At least, these cabinets are plain white and the look good since I changed out the hardware and put molding around the top. I've become good at doing things on the cheap which make this condo look better. ;) Some people in here spend tens of thousands redoing the kitchens and baths but they will never get their money back. I just don't have it to spend. Good luck with all the appts. and comings and goings.

Time to get going if I'm to shower and do my hair before heading out to the doctor. It's so humid out this morning that drying my hair will likely be an exercise in futility. :mad: Hope everydobby has a good one.

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Home again, home again, jiggity jig. According to my doc, the medical student he was training, and my lab results, I'm healthy as a horse--a healthy horse. Don't want to be a neigh sayer. Bad cholesterol is down, good cholesterol is up and blood sugar is down to 101 from 105 last year. Blood sugar isn't perfect but it's not that bad. Rest of tests were all great. Glad to see my calcium is good. It's time for a Dexascan and that will be the true test. The medical student was very nice and my doc was even halfway congenial today. My horoscope said I'd be met by warmth and friendliness. Come to think of it, the people in the elevators were all very friendly. Hmmmm, some days that thing is uncannily on point.

I've been taking Ranitidine for my acid reflux and it works great. ENT wanted me to take a proton pump inhibitor. I read it's not good to take long term. Well, nothing is but that drug is especially bad. It's been linked to bone loss and dementia. I don't think the Zantac is that good either but I can't keep going with acid reflux either. The lesser of two evils.

I stopped at Costco on my way home. I've found that if I wait until the 10:00 a.m. opening crowd clears, it isn't that crowded. At this point, a lot of the Snowbirds aren't feathering their nests so there are fewer people buying less and less. I got a rotisserie chicken and just had a drumstick and a slice off the outer breast. I put it in the oven because they are never cooked well inside. There is blood pooled down by the thigh. AACCKK!!! :confused: I call it the 'Samonella Special.' I got a pack of two loaves of whole-grain bread. The first ingredient is water with milled whole-wheat flour second. I can eat a bit of it. I put it in the fridge and freeze the second loaf. It's covered in all kinds of yummy seeds. Euwell Gibbons bread!

Don't have NRG to do much else but that's OK. The older I get, the more appts. take out of me. Same for shopping. Oh well, that'll save money. Hope y'all are having a good day.

Love, Mikie
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Popping in for a minute before I go off to small singing group practice today, then two performances in a row. That is the last I think until March 8th.

MIKIE - So glad that the doc says you are healthy as a healthy horse :)!! That would be great if we all felt as good as our labs say. I know I look well these days other than maybe a little scrawny but supposedly looking healthy too does not mean you or I feel like crap and worse at times. .

Need to get off for now. DH needs the puter. TTYL.

Granni
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Morning, Kids,

Another night of Tweety's antics. So, another night of her being out on the lanai yowling to be let in. I gave Sweet little Sir Vester his treats before I let her in and she got none. She didn't bug me for them because she knows she's in trouble. I'll also shun her until she comes around. Usually that works and, when she's ready to call, 'uncle,' she comes to me with head bent. It usually only takes until noon. Just call me the ornery cat whisperer. I'd rather use love to train them but I'm not above using hardball tactics when required. The only other alternative is to send them to the shelter and I don't think I can do that; however, if I continue to be so sleep deprived, I may have no choice.

Weather should be really nice again today so will go to the pool for the first time in ages. I hope the heater is working well because I like to go early and get it outta the way. I also need to go to Publix for groceries I don't want to buy in HUGE quantities. The pecans I put on my morning cereal are expensive in the one-lb. bags at Publix so I got a big bag of them at Costco. Ick!!! :confused: They have no rich flavor that pecans usually have. I may return them. I'd rather pay more and get flavor.

Barry, today is the big day and you are in my prayers. I hope we hear from you that all went well.

Julie, the new hardware for kitchen cabinets is soooo nice. There are no hinges which show, only the hardware, which sits flush inside the doors and cabinets connected with a little hinge. They can be adjusted to get them really aligned. On one of the DIY shows, a guy made a template out of wood, which fits over the corners of the doors. It has a hole where the knob(s) should go. It can be used left or right. That way, all the knob holes line up. It is soooo good of you to be so sweet to your Dads. I'm nominating you for sainthood too. DD#1's DH, my DSIL, reassured me that they would help me in any way as I age. I'm soooo independent that I hope I never have to take them up on it but it's nice to know they love me. I know your kids love you too.

I haven't asked about Barb but I imagine she is in rehab with her friend, Marie, watching over her. Marie will stay until the 24th when one of her kids will have to come down. If she is able to climb the stairs here, she can probably come home but I can't imagine she will ever be able to stay here on her own. She should never have been left here in the first place. Her DD wanted to take her back with them but she refused. They can't keep running down here every time she is sick or injured. She takes a blood thinner and, when she injures herself, it looks like a massacre took place with blood everywhere. I'm not saying she causes these problems but she plays the sympathy card for all the attention she can get. She is to be pitied but I feel even more sorry for her kids. Maybe she and GPA can move in together. :eek:

Granni, yes, you said it--I feel like 'crap.' Horse crap! :( Oh, Lord, we have to have a sense of humor even it it is dark humor. Dark Horse Humor. I guess things could be worse; I could feel like crap and have all kinds of problems with my labs, indicating other conditions. I keep thinking that if I can keep my heart and circulatory system healthy, and keep my blood sugar under control, I just might be able to live with this trifecta of fatigue that ails me. I think you look really good. I can imagine, though, how hard it must be to keep your weight up when your diet is so restricted. Doc's scale indicated I weigh five lbs. less than my scale shows. Hmmmm! Guess it doesn't matter but I doubt my 30-lb. loss still stands, even though his scale confirms it. I'll have to work harder at the pool. It's easier to try to prevent strokes, heart attacks and diabetes than to treat them afterward. Still, it's a pain. I see people everywhere who are just walking time bombs. They can go for years being obese, inactive and eating horrible diets but it eventually catches up with them. If everyone tried to prevent illnesses, our spending on health care, and the Medicare fund, would not be in so much trouble. Remember back when we were kids and were taught that taking care of ourselves was our civic responsibility? Ah, the good old days. Take care and don't overdo it with all your activities.

Sending my love, hugs and prayers for everydobby.

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  13. rockgor

Hi Kids

Just watched a bit of a movie on TCM. It's labeled a comedy and stars
    Debbie Reynolds and Glenn Ford. It didn't seem too funny to me.
    The plots deals with blackmail, murder, a body buried in the back yard,
    etc. IMDB says it's a black comedy. Regardless of the label, it wasn't
    worth watching. Well, even the best of actors can't make a movie
    a hit. It takes a great team and a lotta luck from what I can see.

We tried to go to the library last night, but the traffic was too bad.
    Tried to go to different one. Same problem. I hate living in a
    metropolis.

Barry, as Mikie said, good luck with your medical ordeal.

Julie, 63 degrees sounds unbelievable for Iowa this time of
    year. Gonna be 73 here; rain tonight. Yes, I remember Spring
    in Southern Minnesota. The snow would be all gone by the end of
    March. Then in April we'd get one last snowfall. Just a bit. It
    would all melt away within a couple hours. Then Spring had
    unofficially arrived. As various folks have observed over the years,
    not unusual for folks in MN or IA to wear shorts and a parka on
    the same day. Sometimes simultaneously.

Mikie, I couldn't make any sense outta your template and hinges
    and what not. Hanging a picture is difficult for me. Our
    handy man was here yesterday for some minor work. He put
    new washers in the faucets, etc. I useta could do that decades ago.
    Can't do it anymore. I think they've changed the faucets or something.

I used to like pecans (when I had the teeth to chew them). Pecan
    pie was always a treat. My mother put walnuts in cookies. Years
    later I found that pecans were much tastier. I keep hoping you'll
    have good news about the red tide. I 'spect you do too.

Gordon got his car repaired yesterday. Had to have all new engine
    mounts whatever they are. Probably something like faucet washers.
    Anyhoo the car sure runs quieter. It's 26 years years old. Mine
    was 27 years old when I sold it last year.

Have you seen the news in recent years on how to make a lotta
    money? You buy the most expensive/exotic car you can afford.
    Then you store it in a barn and wait several decades. Then you
    announce that you've discovered it and wealthy folks with too
    much money will pay a million or two for this long lost
    treasure.

BTW you can see Jay Leno's garage on Youtube. It holds 130 cars.
    Sakes Alive!

Rock
  14. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Barry: thinking about you all day yesterday and this morning. I pray you were completely knocked out and thAT THE RESULTS ARE PERFECT.

I didn't hit caps......it just did that so I guess God wanted to send you a message.

Mikie: Naughty kitty! My cats know when I'm angry also, but then I know when they're sulking about something too. The alpha cat, Abby, really sulks so when she gets that way I just ignore her. I guess since you're heading to the pool today you're feeling much improved.....that's good.

Rock: I have to share about the brand new corvette my SIL's dad bought about 25-30 years ago. It's parked in his garage and has maybe 100 miles on it. All those years when he could have been enjoying driving it, but instead chose to think about $$ returns. Go figure.

JUlie: How cute about Den making a real little kitchen for the kids. Aren't they lucky. I sure wish I could get those new snap hinges installed on my old kitchen cabinets but apparently the way they're made it won't work for me. So I'm stuck with the old ones.

I had an appt. with my eye doctor yesterday since my insurance is running out at the end of February. I was also able to order some new reading glasses with very little $ output. My doctor has a machine called opto-map. It takes a pic. of your eye ball instead of going the eye drop routine to dilate the eyes. I have to pay $39 for that but it's worth it. So I had that done again and she compared from last year and no change with the beginning cataracts and she said everything looked good. I've soooo thankful for that. It makes up for all the rest of my health troubles. With one test the tech had to call another person to help her to hold my head STILL. I have head/neck tremors and it's soooo darn hard to hold my head still at times. My mom had these and was very self conscious of them. They bother me a lot but I just tell people I have troubles with it, I just find it such a DARN PAIN in the @#$%.

And thankfully I was able to control this cough most of the time I was there. Only after my glasses had been ordered did I start coughing where I couldn't control it, so I got up immediately and said adios.

I'm just not sure what's happening with this new insurance, whether I have it yet or not. I got a welcome packet the other day with the member ID # and then yesterday I got an automated email telling me I'm under consideration??? I also got a bill from my old insurance......the HR supervisor changed me automatically to COBRA and it's just short of $700 a month. I had a credit with them so they've snatched up that and sent me a new bill for almost $300. Now I need to call some people today. I'm so worn out from having to do everything myself and feeling awful.

By the way, I heard that this isn't a flu bug we're all getting.....it's a virus going around that seems to hang in the body and then rear up again.

And yesterday my poor DGS, almost 13, had to have 8 baby teeth pulled. They just weren't coming out and the permanent ones were coming down here, there and everywhere. He's been to an orthodontist last week, but they're very lucky that his uncle, a dentist, was able to pull the teeth yesterday for free. I called yesterday afternoon to see how he was......apparently when the pain med wore off he did a lot of screaming, but after taking more meds he was happily watching a movie.
  15. springwater

springwater Active Member

Hello All

Its become pretty warm in the afternoons here..i love sunning myself out in the terrace..but it comes at the cost of ot doing some chores..I am behind so many..the elec is still poor..about 3 hours in morn and eve tho they do seem to be sending it most of the late night.. I did notice we didnt get any parrots this year..they come in droves to avoid the harsh plains winter.

Ive been trying to declutter..but dont quite know where to start..

went to see a film inbetween..

Sun - a lady i knew had head tremors for some years when she was around 50 but she got better and didnt hv them at all by the time she expired - around 90. Boy, was she a busybody! Her family used to call her BBC. because she knew everything about everyone. Im sorry you are coughing up blood, that would hv made me faint...we hv so many cases of TB, i didnt do well on a TB test when i was around 30 but the doc said i didnt need to hv meds, and he was right...i never did get TB..tearing a blood vessel sounds scary but you seem to be taking it all in yr stride.. I hope ur lil DGD recovers soon from the dentist visit..poor lil one.

Rock - i am gonna go find me a car to buy and store in a garage till decades later to sell ..oh wait, i just hv enough money for groceries..hahahahaha..that pic of the red flowers reminded me for some reason of elves..and that lil pooch earlier on...what a darling...he could be my lil Valentine. The story of st Valentines is a very interesting one isnt it...only i cant remember it now...what a brain..

Mikie - i missed the part where you talked of Barb going into rehab...rehab for what? yes, its sad but a relief for u at same time..ive been immersed in a book by A E Powell..about The Astral Body, (happens to be the title too) and it explains in detail about a lot of phenomena re what happens to souls when we die etc and it seems like Barb might not hv a good experience if she goes on in this vein..angry, stubborn, mean people are at more risk to not go into the light when the time comes because they dont want to detach from the physical..and then the trouble starts because of all the goolies waiting out there to take advantage of such souls. Theres explanations about auras and all, and i was interested..the last time i was at a Pranic healing meeting (this book is recommended reading by them) there was a teacher taking us thru a forgiveness exercise and i noticed a shining ball of light an outline of a man at the teachers desk..the young girl who was taking the class was answering questions and then i asked something and the ball of light got up from the seat and came and stood behind her..while she answered..it was fascinating.

Julie - i think you are far stronger than me...i think you are Superwoman for having the strength and patience you do. Your situation needs so much resources of generosity and letting go..not sure i could do all that. So sweet and typical of den to make the kids furniture...I hope his health continues to improve.

Barry - yr posts take me to a place i have yearned to be most of my life and more so these days..out in the country, breezes, trees, shrubs, flowers, scents..a coz bed and a cozier cat strung lazily across me lap. i wish you did not hv the health issues u are having..we all deserve to be healthy. And energetic.

Granni - you seem to hv had a wonderful Valentines...lucky you...good luck with the upcoming chorale..

Diane - i hope you are over your annoying crud...i hate those!

A new season of My Kitchen Rules has come on...and its kinda addictive..because of all the people involved the contestants are a pair of twos..spouses, friends, brother, sister.. anyone.. i was fascinated seeing some very young people in their early 20s and even a pair of university students taking part and serving up wonderful repasts in such pressure situations! thats more fascinating than the actual competition, really. Maybe because performing in front of people is something i am not good at. AT All.

ive been a little down in the dumps...those last earthquakes..i hate thinking another one could hit..and we dont know when. I dont know what God meant when he put me in this situation..but it has made me more determined than ever to find stability and peace within ...

take care all

God Bless
  16. springwater

springwater Active Member

Hello All

Its become pretty warm in the afternoons here..i love sunning myself out in the terrace..but it comes at the cost of ot doing some chores..I am behind so many..the elec is still poor..about 3 hours in morn and eve tho they do seem to be sending it most of the late night.. I did notice we didnt get any parrots this year..they come in droves to avoid the harsh plains winter.

Ive been trying to declutter..but dont quite know where to start..

went to see a film inbetween..

Sun - a lady i knew had head tremors for some years when she was around 50 but she got better and didnt hv them at all by the time she expired - around 90. Boy, was she a busybody! Her family used to call her BBC. because she knew everything about everyone. Im sorry you are coughing up blood, that would hv made me faint...we hv so many cases of TB, i didnt do well on a TB test when i was around 30 but the doc said i didnt need to hv meds, and he was right...i never did get TB..tearing a blood vessel sounds scary but you seem to be taking it all in yr stride.. I hope ur lil DGD recovers soon from the dentist visit..poor lil one.

Rock - i am gonna go find me a car to buy and store in a garage till decades later to sell ..oh wait, i just hv enough money for groceries..hahahahaha..that pic of the red flowers reminded me for some reason of elves..and that lil pooch earlier on...what a darling...he could be my lil Valentine. The story of st Valentines is a very interesting one isnt it...only i cant remember it now...what a brain..

Mikie - i missed the part where you talked of Barb going into rehab...rehab for what? yes, its sad but a relief for u at same time..ive been immersed in a book by A E Powell..about The Astral Body, (happens to be the title too) and it explains in detail about a lot of phenomena re what happens to souls when we die etc and it seems like Barb might not hv a good experience if she goes on in this vein..angry, stubborn, mean people are at more risk to not go into the light when the time comes because they dont want to detach from the physical..and then the trouble starts because of all the goolies waiting out there to take advantage of such souls. Theres explanations about auras and all, and i was interested..the last time i was at a Pranic healing meeting (this book is recommended reading by them) there was a teacher taking us thru a forgiveness exercise and i noticed a shining ball of light an outline of a man at the teachers desk..the young girl who was taking the class was answering questions and then i asked something and the ball of light got up from the seat and came and stood behind her..while she answered..it was fascinating.

Julie - i think you are far stronger than me...i think you are Superwoman for having the strength and patience you do. Your situation needs so much resources of generosity and letting go..not sure i could do all that. So sweet and typical of den to make the kids furniture...I hope his health continues to improve.

Barry - yr posts take me to a place i have yearned to be most of my life and more so these days..out in the country, breezes, trees, shrubs, flowers, scents..a coz bed and a cozier cat strung lazily across me lap. i wish you did not hv the health issues u are having..we all deserve to be healthy. And energetic.

Granni - you seem to hv had a wonderful Valentines...lucky you...good luck with the upcoming chorale..

Diane - i hope you are over your annoying crud...i hate those!

A new season of My Kitchen Rules has come on...and its kinda addictive..because of all the people involved the contestants are a pair of twos..spouses, friends, brother, sister.. anyone.. i was fascinated seeing some very young people in their early 20s and even a pair of university students taking part and serving up wonderful repasts in such pressure situations! thats more fascinating than the actual competition, really. Maybe because performing in front of people is something i am not good at. AT All.

ive been a little down in the dumps...those last earthquakes..i hate thinking another one could hit..and we dont know when. I dont know what God meant when he put me in this situation..but it has made me more determined than ever to find stability and peace within ...

take care all

God Bless
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Morning, Kids,

Am enjoying just sitting here in the cool morning. I remind myself that this is perfect. In this moment, I have everything I need. Also, I'm not in pain right now. Tweety was perfect last night but Sir Vester decided to act up. At least, when he is ornery, he is nowhere as awful as she is. He just keeps coming back and softly meowing and/or poking me with his paw. I pray they stop keeping me up. If they don't, and I get so sick and sleep deprived like I did before, I'll have to give them up and I don't want to. :(

I did 20 mins. yesterday at the pool. Tomorrow, I'll do 25 or 30. I just didn't want to overdo it right away. As it was, I was exhausted afterward. I didn't get to Publix so will have to go. I'm running out of milk and my Bran Buds. Costco had beautiful big plump blueberries and I'm still adding them to my breakfast. I got a big bag of kale and want to make a green drink with it in my NutriBullet.

I am binge watching The Americans on Amazon Prime. It's the third season. I think they've started the fourth season on FX but I don't have cable to watch it. I don't mind waiting a season for these shows. At least, I'm not paying a fortune for cable. I hate Comcast! :mad: News had a live stream of Harriett cuddling with her eaglets. Soooo sweet. I'm glad the one little guy didn't have permanent damage from that fishing line and that Harriett and her man are caring for both of their kids.

Rock, it's difficult to describe the cabinet template. It was basically a wooden triangle with a 90-degree corner. That corner could fit left or right over the cabinet doors. Regardless, the hole in the template would place the knob in exactly the right spot. It could work with two holes as well for cabinet pulls. Guess it doesn't matter since you and I will likely not be building kitchen cabinets any time soon. Yes, the new faucets are washerless and I'm so glad. I hated the traffic in Denver when I lived there and it's worse now. Our traffic is horrible here on a smaller scale. The freeways aren't so bad but our towns are not designed to handle all the Snowbird traffic this time of year. I've heard actors talk about how scripts may read well but when filming, they don't know whether the film will turn out well. A good script, an excellent director and good casting up the odds for good films. Every good actor has passed up parts in movies which he or she regretted after the films went on to be blockbusters. Oh well, the path not taken... Hope your weather is to your liking. Ours is finally getting better.

Sun, good grief! That ins. problem just keeps showing up like a bad penny coming back over and over. I hope and pray it gets resolved once and for all. I have United HealthCare and I got my packet and 'consideration letter' out of sync too. I hope your DGS recovers from all those extractions--that's a lot of teeth to have pulled at once. I am feeling better but only a bit. As soon as I'm able to get to the pool, I go even if I'm not doing great. It's just too important. Better to be tired from working out than from working in the condo. Of course, I can only ignore the condo so long before I'm living in squalor. Some days, just cleaning the litter boxes and cleaning up the fur is too much. My lab results showed that working out at the pool is improving my numbers so I'll keep it up. The weather was so foul for a while that I couldn't go. My neighbor has that crud you describe and she simply can't get rid of it. When she coughs, it sounds like croup...Bark! Bark! :eek: When the cats mope, I give them extra love but when they act out, I ignore them. I keep hoping they will mature enough to stop this awful nighttime nonsense. Good luck with the ins. and your crud. Prayer going up.

Spring, you're a girl after my own heart, stopping decluttering to take in a flick. Good for you! In my case, I'm too tired to go out to see a movie but I can stream something on Amazon or Netflix. What a pain with the electricity. We are so spoiled that, even if our electricity goes out for an hour, we complain. Whine, whine, whine! I pray those tremors and earthquakes stop. I can only imagine how stressful they are for you. Your spiritual vision is very interesting. I believe the more we practice our spirituality, the more we become in touch with such things. I've read about people who practice astral projection. A very interesting concept. I watch America's Test Kitchen on PBS here. They apply the science of physics and test the recipes to help ensure the best results. I got their recipe book but haven't used it yet except for some chicken soup. I plan to do some baking, substituting ingredients to make it healthier.

When Barb had her heart attack, and her heart stopped, she claims to have seen her deceased DH beaconing her to join him; however, there was no loving feeling in the light in which she found herself. I've never heard of anyone who had a near-death experience who didn't feel all the love in the light when they temporarily passed over. I was wondering whether her DH wasn't trying to keep her away from this physical life in which she just gets more and more angry and mean. She fractured her femur last week and had to have surgery. She will be moved to a physical rehab center before being allowed to go home. I hope her kids take her directly up North, even if she can climb the stairs to her condo. I've been enjoying the peace and quiet with her gone. Hang in there. You are so strong and an example to all of us.

Julie, I'm glad Den was able to align the doors. Mine are so old that they aren't perfectly aligned but they will have to do. The biggest problem is where water caused the cabinets themselves to swell. I had to shim the hinge on one door of the cabinet under my sink. There was a gap where the two doors closed so I installed a white board behind them and they look normal now. I did the same for my neighbor, Julie, the cats' other mother. I love that you call your situation a 'Season of your life.' Seasons come and go and this attitude embodies the idea that this too shall pass. You are a saint for not being bitter. If I were there, I'd take on GPA in a game of pool. Richard and I used to play on a league and I have several of my own cuesticks. I probably stink at it now as I haven't played in years. Strange that in so many families, one child does all the heavy lifting with parents and the others just take the easy way out. I hope your spring weather stays so it isn't such a hassle to get out.

Another W&P so I'll get going. Gonna post this and come back to proof it. Hope all y'all have a great day.

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  18. bct

bct Active Member

I'm back. Thank you all for your kind comments. The horror is over. Now I am so tired that I am doing nothing but rest/read/rest. Results of colonoscopy (and a surprise endoscopy) were all good. No signs of polyps. No Barrett's esophagus. Doc. told me to stop taking my Dexilant -- a proton pump inhibitor. Yay! I've just been reading horrible experiences that others have had with this drug. The ordeal part was the purge (up all night), getting up early to make the hour and half drive to the hospital. And then waiting for HOURS on a gurney in a freezing cold room. I finally yelled that I was too damn cold and they brought me hot blankeys. My appt. was for 10;30 am. Procedure was finally ready to be done at 3:30! What a waste of time, but maybe they had an emergency or were short-staffed. Over. Finished. Again thanks for your kind thoughts.

Love you All,
    Barry

Oh yeah, the Magnolias and Rhododendrons were in full bloom up there. So beautiful.
  19. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Barry: Good to read that all is well with you. 5 hrs! Ridiculous. I once had to go to ER around 2 a.m.for too much throwing up. They stuck an IV in me, and I lay on the "bed" for about 6 hrs.....freezing. My DH was sleeping in the waiting room so he didn't know. I finally yelled I was freezing so they brought a heated blanket. The problem was I was right next to the door where ambulance people are brought in, so freezing air continually. I'm BAD....have continually refused colonoscopy and then when my DH had to prep, they were expecting the worse so he really suffered from getting ready for it the night before.

Mikie: what was the name of that long series that just ended.....you always talked about how good it was. I was at the library scanning the DVDs but nothing jogged my memory of what they had. I just finished watching the first season of Turn......after the first DVD I started to get into it, but it was so confusing who was on which side. Now I wish there were more to watch.

I had to run some errands this morning. Stopped at Starbucks and bought a gift card for a neighbor who was kind enough to trim my fig tree. Actually I call it "Ed's fig tree" because he reaps the bounty since they're too sweet for pre-diabetic, even though I love them. Then I had a $5 gift card from Kohls plus 30% off so I searched the reduced racks and found a pair of black thin leg pants. I can always use something black.

And suggest to your neighbor to try Musinex for her croupy cough. It may help her to get rid of the mucous if she's sounding like that. Honestly, everywhere I go someone has had this, is getting over it, or knows someone. I actually went the entire day yesterday not coughing though I'm doing it today.
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good Morning, Porchies,

Hope everydobby is doing well. Kitties were reasonably good last night so I'm not as exhausted as usual. Good thing because I want to go over to the pool to work out. It's only 55 degrees out right now so will likely have to wait until 10:00 or 11:00 to go over there. My neighbor, Grace, and I went to Publix yesterday. That's all I was good for and had to come home and rest. I didn't even bring everything up from my car. They had the Vicks Puffs on sale so I got another five boxes to replace what I've used since the were on sale before. I looooove that menthol smell when my allergies are acting up. I'm still picking off the last of the chicken I got at Costco. Today, I'll make a Waldorf chickien salad for lunch. If I were really energetic, I'd throw the carcass into a stock pot and make broth. If I'm up to it, maybe I will.

Barb's friend went home yesterday and her older daughter arrived. I haven't seen either of them. Barb's children are not friendly people--no big surprise there. I realized that, if she cannot climb stairs and her kids have to take her directly up North, I may never see her again. That's OK with me. Grace took a pic of her when she visited and she looks even worse than before the accident. The trauma exacerbated her inability to 'find' words, which she's had since the stroke. She is such a tragic figure and I hope she is OK but I really don't want to have to deal with her ever again and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet here.

Barry, I'm so glad your ordeal is over. It is unacceptable that they kept you waiting so long. When a patient tells her doc that she has a chronic condition, he should not keep her waiting like that. Since everything turned out so well, you should probably not have to have another colonoscopy for ten years. I have to have one every three years. Yes, proton pump inhibitors are turning out to have horrible potential side effects, including bone loss and dementia. Yikes!!! :eek: I've found that Zantac works well for me for controlling the acid reflux but I really hate having to take any meds. Whine, whine, whine! Rest up, my friend, you've been through a lot. I hope you recover fast.

Sun, the only series I've been watching, which is coming to an end, is Downton Abbey on PBS. I would think libraries would have past seasons. It's part of the Masterpiece series. If you go to PBS.org, you can stream episodes to your computer. I don't know, though, whether you can stream past seasons. My neighbor is taking Musinex but still can't shake her cough. She is quite obese and is gaining weight. Her thyroid is 'normal' and doc says he won't do anything to help her diet until the cough is over. Weight Watchers no longer works for her but her DH, who is obese himself, sabotages her. I hope she can kick this cough to the curb soon. How nice of you to get that gift card for your neighbor. I'm glad you're not one of those people who doesn't give a fig. I got two pairs of those black leggings and I love wearing them. They are the only thing I have which shows off the weight loss. Frank and Ilona, my neighbors, were complaining that they gained a pound and a half because they had milk shakes for lunch and ice cream for dessert at night. Good grief! Both are obese and have a lot of medical problems. I told them I haven't had ice cream in ages. I also told them that I don't miss it, or other sweets, now. I am so thankful to you for helping me to kick the sugar. Thank you. My doc was impressed with what we are doing.

Julie, I hope my NRG permits me to do what you are doing. I don't have nearly as much to contend with but just can't seem to get started. You are a good example to us all and I hope I can get off my duff and clean out my mess. I am laughing about teaching Oreo to tiptoe down the stairs. GPA's hearing must not be as bad as we thought. What a great deal on his sweat hoodie. Glad the weather is warming up for you. It will be good for him to be able to get out and move around. Glad you got in a nice nap but don't overdo it.

I keep all y'all in my prayers. :)

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016