Porch Vol 135 is closed thank you all for sharing your joys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi everyone- Since Mrdad is still playing nurse and our resident nurse needs a nurse and I have no idea where SMG is, I have cleaned the porch and put out fresh blankies, food and hot drinks of all kinds, the bar is open so help yourself.

I want to concentrate on positive things this week and invite all to join in.

I am a true beleiver in the power of positive thinking. You think it, beleive it with all your heart and soul and it will happen.

This force also works in the negative way too, if you stay negative then it will follow you everywhere you go and affect your world and those around you the say way.

So I have decided to make this a positive thread. I think we should start with 3 things we are thankfull for. I'll go first.

1. I am thankful for the hard ships in my life. Without them I would not be the strong person I feel I have become.

2. I am thankful for still being able to do most of the things that I enjoy, it may take me a little longer but I still persevere.

3. I am thankful for my girls Missy and Twylia, there give me so much joy. I am really looking forward to being able to spend more real time with them after my surgery. I have been so busy getting ready for this, I haven't done as much for them.

I have many more, but I thought 3 was a good place to start. So often we get stuck in the rut and it is hard to dig our way out to see the light.

It is a beautiful day here, a little cool this morning, I turned on the heat to get the chill off. I have been getting so many things done and it feels good. I can't say my body feels as good, but I am still moving anyway.

Linda I am sending good wishes and prayers to you, plus a huge hot totty that your URI will not get worse. The one thing that always help me was a long hot bath, just as hot as you can stand it, then just lay there and drink lots of fluids. It seems to sweat it out of me and loosens the lungs up a bit,.

To all others and newcomers, please share what you are thankful for. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2007]
  2. solarStar

solarStar New Member

I waited and waitd for the new volume but it just didnt show up. Now I know why! lol

First of all I would love to thank all of you for such a warm welcome back into the rank of the porchies!! I sure missed all the fun and the friends I had made here!!

I have enjoyed my weekend very much and church went wonderful today! I love that we moved back to the town my husband grew up in! We know everyone and someone is always saying Hi and all that it is so homey!

The house is getting more and more in order and I just dont have any desire to leave it half the time....I could just sit and look around and revel in the fact that we OWN our own home!!!

We went to church today and it gave me the chance to wear my new outfit I picked up on clearance at J.C.Penny's last week. I LOVE IT!! Red quilted jacket, brown slacks with tan and red stripes and red peep toe heels that match! I felt so good and well put together!! I know all our family and friends were happy to see me looking more like my previous self before my illness set in and I felt so good! How great it is to enjoy the girly things agian!!

Granni---I missed you alot as well and thought of you often and our conversations. We moved back to my husbands hometown which is where we met and married. We moved away shortly after to be closer to more job oppurtunities but we wanted to raise our girls here in a small community and school district. We are only 27 miles from our previous residence, so my husband now has a half hour commute to work but it is well worth it!! lol I am thinking of joining our church choir but am still unsure as I have no idea whether I am soprano or alto but we will see...lol.

Our househole is still trying to adjust to Jos being in Kindergarden and gone all day. We really miss her but it also opens up the avenue of me going back to work part time which would give us some much needed extra money to play with.

Anyway I need to get some more things done on my to-do list and stuff so take care all!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am thankful that i believe i have completed my final draft to turn in on my essay about energy drinks!

i am thankful i have a pretty much level headed son, maybe forgetful at times and messier than myself...but atleast he doesn't do those harmful things to himself like teens his age are doing.

i am thankful i got a lot of sleep yesterday...

one more i mended some what of a bridge w/an old friend today.

4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I just happened to look in and see what this Porch stuff was about. Couldn't believe the subject this time was positive thinking. I so believe that and have always tried to think positive thoughts go further then bad thoughts. So here are the three things I'm thankfull for.

1. Having this board where I have learned so much about Fibro.

2. My kids. They drive me nuts sometimes but without them I would not laugh and smile so much.

3. Last but definetly the most important the knowledge that there are so many others out there that are soo worse off then me.

I have to say I could go on and think I will add one more and that is I'm thankful for making a new friend today. I think I'll definetly be checking in on these posts more often......SueF
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Star, Jodie and Sue.

All of you have a great deal to be thankful

Jodie- glad you got your essay done, so what is the best energy drink? You do have a great son, he will do great in football this year.

Star glad you are back and you sound so happy, it really comes threw. I bet you were a knock out in your new outfit. That is the one thing I do miss every now and then, getting glammed up. It does make one feel special but the last 15 years I worked, I had to do it everyday,lol. So I do prefer my sweats now.

Owning a house is a great thing, I did see a pic of yours and you have great house and yard. The possibilities are endless. I am finishing up a dozen projects that didn't get the details done before I have my toe fusion this coming Fri. Then I will take time rest and heal. Until then I am pushing it, it does feel good to see the 3 years of work nearly done. I lived without baseboards for 3 years!

I made my own out of reclaimed knotty pine boards. Stained them cherry and they are beautiful, I love them. I'll post a pic later. I have pics posted on my website of the before and after.

Sue- welcome to the porch, we love to meet new people. We have our virtual porch, like the old days when people use to sit on the porch and visit.

Everyone as a chair and blanket, we always have food and drinks, we just like to kid around a bit and take a break from the real world.

Some post daily and some come every now and then, you know how these illness's are. Right now Linda is fighting a URI and since we haven't seen her today, it may be winning.

Mrdad is our resident gentleman, however he is out of town taking care of his Old Sqeeze which is OS now. She had some serious surgery and we hope all is well with her and we miss him very much.

Some just come and hide in the bushes to peek in but are very, very quite :). So welcome the the Porch come by often as you wish.

Alright all you bush dwellers come on out tell us what you are thankful for.

I am thankful that my whirlpool is filling right now and I have a small tv in the bathroom and I am going to watch the Emmy's in the tub. Life is good for me today. Carla
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

about those energy drinks they are all pretty much bad for our health....

the lower ones in caffeine are best...i did not research exactly which one was the best. i did my essay on how it affected me personally one day...but more than likely it was a combonation of wellbutrin, energy drink, cigs, anxity attack from soon to be leaving me hb..over his affair.

well everyone got to run i need to eat and gather some of my school material and get more homework done..

7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had to add thank goodness trader joe's premade salads and their carry out service...i got bottled water just waiting for cody to get home to take it out of the trunk.

see ya all later

8. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I am thankful for my children, for my intelligence (not to sound conceited, but I'm just glad I'm smart), I'm thankful that my night at work is over because this morning SUCKED, let me say that again, it SUCKED!

Hmmmm, thankful for my family and that my kids are healthy and beautiful.

Guess that's all I got right now, I'm beat.
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

Linda I am so glad your URI is staying just a cold, I did say a special prayer for ya. You are very lucky to have a mom and dad that are still alive and together, you are one of a few that can actually say that.

Sorry about the DD's car, but at least he left his info.
    If you want to do lunch someday, you know how to get a hold of me ;-)Maybe a bush dweller might come too.

Jodie sounds like Trader Joes's is a good place. About water- I think it is what has made it possible to do everything I have lately. I have been drinking 4-6 bottles of water a day. I read somewhere that fatigue is really dehydration. So as long as it works for me, I'm doing it.

Well not after my surgery, unless Linda wants to come "cath" me LOL.

I am "gussied" up, well I put makeup on and new blue pants on. I am on my way to see Dr Love, no joke that is my surgeons name. He is a cutie too,hehe. He operated on my mom a while back.

Then I have to go the the hospital to be treated like a pin cushion so they can get their blood for all the pre op testing.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I am having 2 muscle biopsies done "while I am under" one of the lumps in my left arm that showed up in my bone scan and another from my back muscle that is always giving me a hard time, but MRI was negative. I had a aunt that had polyomotosis. so hopefully these will shed some light on my muscle pain that is not FM, it could be "just" FM but my gut says is more.

Hope everyone is thinking happy thoughts- TATAAAAAAA! Carla
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

a dentist i used to work/had that on his license plate...he was so cute too...

my sxhb used to go to a dr. name dr. frankstein. truly.

linda glad to hear about the bills player i hope he gets fully recovery...that is just so scary for anyone to go through and the family.

i need to get to school....

11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Thanks CK for starting this thread !

I am very thankful for my family and friends - all of them, even if some of them have their own problems.

Also, I am very thankful for this Board for one thing and all the great people on it.

Thankfully, I also feel that I do not have ALL of the terrible symptoms that some of you on this Board have. I am just happy, with all my pain and such that I can at least get out and do some fun things that I enjoy, like my singing. I realize how badly some of you on this Board are, who are close to, or if not stuck in the house or in their beds alot of the time.

Yes, I agree also with CK about how important I feel that Positive Thinking is to everyone, especially those like us with choronic, painful diseases, such as this DD, which has TRIED to take away alot of what we had before IT came along.

Hope everyone on the Porch (and on these Boards)is doing well today. God bless you all. Can't make a list of all the people who have been so great ( and I am thankful for) on this Board as I would be writing for a VERY LONG TIME.

Love to everyone,

[This Message was Edited on 09/17/2007]
  12. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I am so very thankful, that as an only child, I have an immediate family of 20! How the lord has blessed us with 3 children, 9 grandchild and spouses and 2 wonderful great-grandchildren. I also have the greatest hubby who is 82, had his 1st heart attack at 46, 2 more, heart by-pass and a leg smputation. I never dreamed that we would be so fortunate to be wed 58 yrs. in Nov.

I am thankful that I could walk up the steps to the choir loft yesterday and sing to the Lord still after 63 of being a choir member.

i am sooo thankful for this board. When I am down, I come here. There are always some of you dear friends that seem to help me.

CK: I am so sorry but somewhere along the line, I have missed what your surgery is all about! Could someone please tell me just a little bit about what you will be having.

Star: I know you looked beautiful in your new outfit. Doesn't that lift your spirits? I know your peek-toed shoes! I tried on a pr and they weren't large enough for my big feet. Things like that do make you feel special.

lydia: Welcome to the Porch! Everyone that comes here to visit, enjoy the tasty snacks and drinks, and enjoy the fresh air are all wonderful folks! Welcome!!

I am so thankful to be living here in the USA but I know that you porchies who live in other countries are just as thankful for your land.

Bless you all and thanks for beginning this.

13. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful gifts. Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves of what we DO have not what we dont.

Joan, I think you were the one who asked about my surgery. I am having a large toe fusion. I injured my big toe in a fall in 2001, then arther set in. The joint is totally gone and it is bone against bone.

But I am thankful that I have the means to get this done and I get 8 weeks of rest.

Lydia- welcome to the porch come visit as often as you like, you can even suggest a topic if you like we are open to all kinds of discuss.

Granni glad you are still doing what you do best, I would love to hear you sing.

Dianne- wait- take me with you to the lake! Let me know what you decide to do, did you get my video?

Hey Jodie and everyone else. Gotta get back to getting my laundry put away-Carla
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

ck you know the day you are having surgery is cody's favorite movie sequel debut, called resident evil 3...he has that on his calendar. i w/put you on his calendar as well...ck's big toe fusion day.

i thought i had a refill on my klonopin..but nope i had to have the pharmacy call a message into the dr. for approval..my legs are killing me...the rls and fibro..ouch...

but i am still thankful for the pain cause when it goes away i w/remember how not to run out of refills...hee hee, if i can remember.lol

hi rock thinking of you, are you busy reading a new book?

cody's grandma did some of his laundry today for him...they are my exhb's parents. they snuk in while i was at school today...sneeaky grandparents..

i apologized for last friday after the football game...she said she didn't know what was going on...i said simply just wanted cody's dad to come fill up some lawn bags full of his dirty clothes...

she understood and if not oh well...she said that is what that was all about...and her eyes got big...i thanked her for helping...

she said she would need a good day to clean up his room and do his laundry...i live in apt....they close the laundry room up at 9 pm and don't open until like 9 or 9:30...

well i need to end this so i am thankful that cody had his grandma put a dent in his laundry for him.

hugs to you all

15. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

so, does Cody not get home after school until 8?
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

Just poppin in for a minute. You won't see much of me until after my surgery. I am shampooing rugs today, the bedroom carpet isn't that bad it is 12 x 14 and I have queen bed, dresser and chest. Then I have 3 8 x 10 area rugs in the LR Kit and work room.

Tomorrow dogs bathed, mom at the NH and more stuff at home, changing closets. Thurs I am going to TRY to get to the denture store, the bummer is it takes ALL DAY. I have to be there at 7:30, they make the mold, then I wait in the waiting room then they call you back to fit them, if they are not right, more waiting more adjusting, yada, yada. Now I remember why I have put this off so long,lol.

I do want to be able to wear my dentures more and be able to eat real food, like a big yummy filet mignon,hmmmmm. So I will see if I get everything else done.

Linda- How are you today? I hope you are feeling better today and beating that nasty cold. Have you heard anything from Mrdad? Glad you got DD car taken care of, isn't amazing out much a door costs?

Before I got my Jeep I drove a Buick Skylark and I was in PA on my way from my DD house to KY. I pulled in a gas station but all the pumps were full. As I was sitting there and guy in a big dual truck with a trailer hitch puts it in reverse and backs right in to me, I was a good 30-40 feet back, I was in front of a empty parking place to the store. So I guess he looked back and didn't see my dark green car and bam. I layed on the horn but didn't have anywhere to go and it happend to fast.

He was a #ick about it, said I pulled in front of him while he was backing up. A state trooper was there and I went into the store to get him cause this guy was a total jerk. He had his own lawn care service. I was on a dead line to get to KY so we exchanged info. It was $1400 from the damage from the trailer hitch. My ins paid then sued his and won. The good guy does win one everynow and then

OK I have procrastinated enough and need to get busy. A big hello to everyone else- hope your having a good day-Carla
  17. kylob

kylob New Member

CK - What a great idea to have us stop and think about the positive aspects of our life...I read Norman Vincent Peales book , The Power of Positive Thinking, many years ago, during a particularly bad time in my life and got great comfort...he says the way to happiness is to keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply,expect little, give much and scatter sunshine....

#1 - I am thankful for my husband who really picks up the slack at home and my daughters who are the reason I smile everyday.
    #2 - I am thankful that I have friends who love me in spite of myself (Lin), and enjoy trips to Walmart on a friday night.
    #3 - I am thankful that despite chronic back pain, I can still enjoy going to the gym and working out at my own pace.

CK you are so inspiring..your outlook and your drive..you certainly have a cup that is overflowing...good luck with surgery..you are in my prayers

SStar - How wonderful that you had a great weekend...I loved the description of your outfit...I am sure you looked amazing.

Sue - glad you came up on the porch...we have a chair for you and a warm blanket for chilly nights on the porch...we will have to have a end of summer party to welcome all the new porchies.

Lin - thank heavens your URI hasn't turned into pneumonia... handicap parking is what you have needed for a long time...glad you made the decision to go for it...Yippeee...that means I have less walking to do on friday nights!!!!!

Daughter #2 was picked as the face of the typical student at her cathloc high school...they are using the picture to advertise cathloc education and the upcoming Open Houses at the school...she of course hates her picture, but I think it is cute
    Daughter #1 is student teaching at an inner city school...the lesson plan(2nd grade) that she was doing was for science and teaching about plant life...they were discussing flowers and weeds and the difference between them, when one little girl told the class that her grandpa smokes weeds all the time and her grandma used to smoke weeds, but she doesn't anymore...out of the mouths of babes!!!

I cleaned my bedroom and put all the summer stuff away and pulled out all of the fall and winter stuff.. I bought those bags that you can compress for easy storage by vaccuming the air out of them...it worked great...

Well gang, back to work tomorrow...will catch up with y'all soon....Kylob
  18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

jen yes, cody has football and they have mandatory study hall after school..so it is a long day.

i guess i am going to drop my math class too much going on w/me personally right now... and i just can not get the help in tutoring that i need.

i need to call kaiser pharmacy and hopefully the refilled my klonopin...i am in a lot of pain...

well gonna go every stay well

hi klob as well

19. solarStar

solarStar New Member

for everything and anything right about now!!

I got a job fo the first time in 5 1/2 years!
    My girls.
    My husband.
    My home.
    Food and drink.
    Shoes...sorry I just got new ones!
    The desire to wear makeup agian!

Like I said pretty much everything and anything! lol
    Nice post!

Blessings and Prayers
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Just thought that I would quickly drop by and check on you all!

Star - So glad that you are feeling well enough to wear makeup again . New shoes also or a new outfit can make you feel much better too!!! I know for sometime you were really feeling badly and probably not feeling like doing to much of anything. You had so many problems and things on your mind, not even counting all the physical pain you were experiencing.

Jodie - Sorry you are still not feeling to well and feel that you have to drop the math class. Oh well, what were the other classes you were taking? Sometimes you have to go "slow and steady", like the old turtle (-: !! Keep it up and try not to feel to down about having to do so. Boy do I remember all the washing of clothing with mmy kids plus all the washing of jerseys and uniforms, whatever the season - never ending.

Kylob - Hi there. Yes, I agree and go along with those things that you said that Norman Vincent Peale mentioned in his book about the way to happiness, etc. and Yes we have to all do things at our own pace, for sure !!!

CK - I am thinking about your and your surgery coming up. I think it was friday, right.. Well, I hope ad pray that all weill go well for you. I am sure it will! Yes, you surely are a busy girl. People say I am busy . Well, I think you are wearing me out especially with all your skills and talents. Well, afater you do your carpet cleaning you can come and do mine - huh please !! They really need it(-: Well I hope to get some new carpets soon but something always tends to get in the way.

Dummy me I just pushed to post the message and I wasn't even done yet.

Linda - So sorry to hear about your car, your bursitis and your URI. Hope things straighten up for you soon again and that you get to feeling alot better soon. You are not kidding when you say I HARDLY WATCH TV ANNYMORE !!! I think alot of it is junk and I don't want to waste my time with some of the dopey stuff. Some of it also , I do not think give the right impression to our younger folk, if you know what I mean.

Dianne - You are so right about how lucky we are here and all the poor people all over the world who have so little, not even the basics as we would call them. Glad to see you back.

Hi there Julie and welcome to the porch. Yes, this is a great place, isn't it, such great people here, even if we are a bit goofy at times(-: !! That is including myself !!

Jens- yes our family is so important and good healthy children is truly a Godsent.

Welcome Sue - not sure if I have "seen" you before. Yes, I agree totally with all your (what you are thankful fors" and that last one youmentioned is exactly the same as mine - the feeling of thanks that no matter how badly your feel there are always others that alot worse off than you. These boards have really shown me that.

Joan - Hi there. Like all your "what you are most thankful fors" too and glad you are doing pretty well with with your family. Glad you got to go to your wedding and get all dressed up. I think you said that your did finally find new shoes. I know that was a really big challenge for you. I have normal sized feet (8) and still find it a challenge with all the kinds of weird styles out there for the little teen's and 20 year olders and maybe 30's if they have good feet (-: !!

Rock where are you? I guess Mrdad is still with his OS and I hope he and she are both doing OK. Hope I remembered everyone or almost everyone.

God bless everyone and anyone hiding in those bushes,

Love and hugs to you all,

Granni[This Message was Edited on 09/18/2007]