Porch Volume 720 Is Now CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Y'all come on in and set a spell. This time, I started the new one before closing the last one. Maybe that will help. I'm on Firefox instead of Explorer and it wouldn't let me color the font red on the closing post on #719. I just got through a horrible hassle trying to change my credit card info on Tracfone and buy new minutes. They have absolutely the worst website in the world. Soooooo user unfriendly! :mad: I had to keep going in and re-entering info even after submitting it. For a communications company, these guys have no communication skills. They must have an idiot webmaster or designer. I've heard soooo many complaints about them but they are cheap for people like me. They have so many complaints that they have a support forum so other Tracfone owners can help each other. There is NO way to contact them by phone or e-mail. If I couldn't change my info, I was going to go to Walmart tomorrow and buy the cheapest plan I could get but get a better smart phone than this dumb one. Rock, this is just another in a series of pains in the you-know-what I've been dealing with. Still waiting for the doc's office to call me to reschedule my MRI.

I'm so worn out dealing with this crap that I've decided to do some physical work, even if it hurts, and deal with the stressful stuff tomorrow. I have to go to the bank again because they messed up the extra principal payment but that can wait until after the colonoscopy. Even people in peak condition have difficulty dealing with this fast-paced, complex (unnecessarily complex IMHO) world now. Being sick and older makes everything more difficult, especially when I'm in pain. Whine, whine, whine!

At least, now I've bought myself some time--literally. :D If I don't laugh or make a pun, I'll cry. I'm so stressed out that my mind is in a fog. I can't remember anything. I'm watching "Family Fued" and it's a rerun. I know I've seen it before but am enjoying it as though it were the first time. Of all the things I miss the most, it's my mind! Well, that and lack of pain. Well, that and financial security. Well, that and interesting friends besides all our lovely Porchies (in other words, people in the hood).

Guess I had better go. I need to sweep up the leaves I cut off the pepper plant and give it another spraying with the Dawn Liquid and water. Then, I think I'll go lie down and rest a wee bit. Maybe before that, I'll take a nice soak in Epsom Salts. This prednisone makes me sweat and it really stinks! AACK!!! :confused: Unlike my peppers, I'm ripe. TADA! I'll be here all week.

Love, Mikie

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Wow, Mikie you have lots of W and P's gong on, on both volumes. I read quickly and tried to absorb it all :)!! Haven't done anything that exciting except did make it to Line Dancing. So sorry you were having so much trouble with your phone and those guys who are supposed to be helping you with it. HMMM!!! I have enough problems understanding things that are not technical . Not sure about your problem as I just scanned your post but know you weren't having a god time talking to those people who weren't being very helpful. Also sounds like their phone wasn't the best either. However, I understand about sometimes having to go cheaper with these plans they try and sell you, as well as phones. . Everyone also thinks they have to have all the best gadget that that just been upgraded. As it is we may not be staying wit ours as they are not to cheap and I don't use half the stuff on there. I like to text mostly the kids. DH doesn't do it. I only do , as this plan has unlimited texts. Otherwise I wouldn't use that either.

I do FB only to keep up with family and friends. I have found out more stuff about my kids and g kids through this medium.

Hope you get to feeling better soon and hope all goes well with your colonoscopy on Wed. I think you said. It goes quickly and I had no problems when I did mine. The worse part is that awful tasting drink but this time the drink wasn't as horrible as he gallon of salt water tasting stuff I took years ago for my Sigmoidoscopy. I didn't mind eating or should I say drinking broth, Jello, stuff like that as long as it is for one day . Keep trying to get DH to have it done but every time I think about it something else comes up like the eye surgery.

Julie - Your house is busy as ever. I can just imagine those babies crying to be picked up by Keira - to cute. Went back and read your post from the last volume just before Mike posted I think. That was also funny about Lorraine trying to say Keira and how it came out all crazy. She will get lots of babysitting experience for sure hanging around your house :)!!

How to everydobby else not mentioned. I got into PH through Int Exp. and so I have to keep on going back and redoing half my words. Tomorrow I may do some weeding before it gets to hot and have to get ready for the cleaning lady that helps out some. TTYAL when I can !!

Love to awl,
    Granni :)
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Those little ones are getting so big and they are so CUTE !! They sure look like thy are having FUN. We had a pool like that when our kids were small. Have to run now. See you sometime tomorrow I hope=- busy day.

Love to all,'
    Granni
  4. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Well, how 'bout that. Granni, Mikie and I were all opening the new porch simultaneously.
    Mikie is the last man standing. You guys see that movie? "Last Man Standing" was itself
    a remake. Based on some Japanese film. Don't know about the original but the
    Hollywood version was wretched.

Great picture, Julie. Looks very like the pictures from my yute except we had a galvanized
    wash tub. I looked on the net. You can still buy them today. Isaiah looks like his
    hair was styled with the ever popular kewpie doll look.

And speaking of hairdos and celebrity looniness, there's a story about Jessica Simpson
    in the news. She wanted the Tonight Show to pay for her makeup and hairdo when she
    was asked to appear on the show. How much would that be? $18,000.

50 some years ago my folks bought a house. It didn't cost half that much. The house,
    BTW, still looks good. Possibly better than Ms. Simpson. Don't really know. I don't
    even know if she's a singer, actor, or one of those people who is famous for no
    good reason whatsoever.

Glad you got to do some dancing, Granni. I sure wish I could dance again. We went
    to the library in Eagle Rock yesterday (It's near Glendale and Pasadena.) After
    walking around for ten minutes I had to sit down. Hard to find books. I can't look
    up at the top shelves or bend to explore the bottom ones. My taste is now forced to
    be middle of the shelf.

Mikie, I can't believe you are still having trouble with the mortgage payments. It
    seems the standard of everything and everybody seldom gets above mediocre. Couple
    days ago I started a novel by a middle aged author who teaches writing. She won a Hemingway award for her first book. On page 3 there is a glaring grammatical error.
    I read a few chapters. Uff-da! Had no desire to read further.

We are seeing the chiro this morning. I don't know if there's anything else on the
    calendar or not. Hope not. I am easily exhaustenized these days. (That reminds
    me. Leonard Bernstein wrote a song titled "I am easily assimilated." There are
    several renditions on Youtube including one by Patti Lupone.)

Hugs everydobby
    Rock
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Kids,

Granni, glad you got to do some line dancing. Line dancing isn't my thing because I can no longer see and then do. I think it's part of the cognitive issues which damaged my brain before I got Klonopin and the peptide injections. I took ballet, tap and jazz classes as a kid and we had a professional dancer/teacher. Our programs were amazing. I don't know how my Mom afforded it, working and a single Mom. I'll probably never know the sacrifices she made for me. Also engaged as a pretty good athlete but I think those days are behind me. Ha! Literally behind me with this pain in my butt. :D Just call me Shecky Green. It goes with the emoticon. I'll be happy to be able to do anything physical if I can get this pain fixed. BTW, just because I'm so verbose and write "W&P" posts, doesn't mean y'all have to try to wade through them. I love the exchange of info in each other's lives but mine isn't that interesting. Perhaps if I do get healthy again, I can go out and do something wild and fun to read about.

Julie, speaking of fun, those kids must be having a ball. I have an almost identical pic with my girls and their friends in the kiddie pool in our backyard. Your kids really have a great place to hang out. Great Grandma too (not that you're a greatgrandma but a really wonderful Grandma!)

I actually never got to talk to anyone at Tracfone. Evidently there is a way to send an e-mail to get help but the website is sooooo convoluted that I didn't find it. I hate to text cause the touchscreen on my phone is so small that I keep hitting the wrong key and get frustrated and swear. That phone will send me right to hell! :( I really don't text, talk very little and don't want to use my phone for e-mails or other internet functions. I do have the ability to do that but it uses up my minutes as this phone won't work on wi-fi. I was about to go to Walmart yesterday and get the cheapest plan I could find but a decent phone. Oh well, now I have 1,350 minutes to talk and a bunch to e-mail and use the 4G and they are good til 2017 so I'll stick with it.

I thinkI'll go have coffee on the balcony so will come back to add more later.
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Soooo cute.......love that pic. Brings back memories of when my 3 were little and we had a little wading pool for them.

Mikie: I have to admire you for your attitude on the prep for colonoscopy. I go tomorrow to my PCP and I'm going to blow his mind when I ASK for one. He's been after me for so long, and he promises the prep won't be much......not like the almost 3 days of liquids my DH had to endure. Hope it all is perfect when you get the results.

Granni: I've only tried the line dancing twice, when on a cruise ship. My brain couldn't coordinate between what we were being taught and what my feet wanted to do, and that was years ago. It all looks so easy, but terribly hard when learning.

Rock: On that novel written by a teacher/professional, I guess the big fault would lie with the proof reader and the publisher. I've tried to sit down and actually hold a book and read it, but I just seem to have soooooo many other things that need to be done, so I find it's easier to just listen to a book on CD.

I've been dealing with neck/back pain and a roaring headache for days, and that session of spraying off all the white flies then cleaning almost 35' of glass sliding doors has really done as # on me. I'm alternating ice and heat on my neck and back, and having to resort to tramadol at night to get a little sleep. Even with that I've been up in the middle of the night trying to loosen up the muscles. I've still got a lot of the white flies, but can't go thru that hosing them off anymore.......it really made a mess, so several times a day I'm shaking the trees and spraying with white vinegar and dawn, hoping it will kill them. And this morning I gave each tree a dose of epson salts in water, hoping it will make them healthy again. There's a neighbor's bushes down the street and it gets it soooooo bad that it looks like those cobwebs that you stretch on things at halloween.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi there y'all.

I finally got in the back way so I will see if I can type a few words without having to stop again. It looks like it might be worth it. I probably won't be on very long before the cleaning lady gets in here. I have been so busy getting ready for her. Then I have to go and put everything back in order after she dusts,vacuums and does the bathrooms

I had hoped that her daughter would come today so she could do the upstairs. Not sure when DD and SIL will be coming to house hunt. It looks like their house will be up for sale VERY soon. They are working on the patio now and putting in the kitchen counter tops that took forever for them to get installed. Sounds like lots of people are either getting ready to sell or just update their homes. Have to send a not to my DD to see how everything is going today. Hope it doesn't take to long for their house to sell. Where we are living the houses go up and then are gone very quickly. Now that it is summer it is worse as people with children want their children in the houses and all settled in before school starts again.

Quiet right now as DH is out to lunch with a friend and should be home soon.

Julie - I love those pics of the g kids, so cute !! My youngest grandchild is now 10. They grow much to fast. I wish I had the NRG and kids lived close enough to do more stuff with them but my body won't cooperate. Have been playing e-mail tag this morning with business and calling people on my list Ladies Association who don't have e-mail or don't want to bother with it. How is your uncle that had pneumonia? Hope he is doing better??

Jam - I know what you mean. I do more than some with the e-mail and computer thing but don't ask me to learn much more, my brain and body won't cooperate. Haven't done much with pics either as usually someone else take the pics and puts them on FB and then I can share if I want to but I don't do to much with avatars and changing pics around.

The cleaning lady is about to come into this room so I had better take off from here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thinking of everydobby inc all the dear MIA's and those not mentioned. I do love you all !!

Mike - Having your procedure tomorrow ?? Hope all goes well !!

Hugz also to Dar, Sun, Mikie, Spring Water , Rock , Joan , Diane , et al !

Love,
    Granni
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Porchies, as promised, I'm baaa-aack! We sat out there for longer than I had thought. It wasn't that hot out so we enjoyed ourselves. Another neighbor, who is a teacher and out of school, came over from the other side of Barb's condo and she sat with us too. She was funny and it was good to laugh.

Rock, one of my pet peeves is bad grammar and other mistakes in printed material. I make them all the time here but this is a casual format. Once someone is writing professional material, he or she should know something about the English language. They shouldn't depend on editors or copywriters who, nowadays, may know even less than the authors. Our newspaper is a disaster. They even get letters to the editor complaining. Us old folks were raised to expect better. I heard that because of texting, kids today will be even worse.

Granni, thanks for your good wishes for the colonoscopy tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Sunflower Girl, good for you. Honestly, the new prep procedures aren't bad at all. Of course, different docs have different requirements. I ate soft food yesterday and have had only liquids today. My low-salt chicken broth and mango Jello tasted better than a steak for lunch! I drank a little coconut water and am now drinking Smart Water to keep my electrolytes up. I think the secret of the prep day is to have a variety of things to ingest. I never have Jello, even though I love it, because the sugar-free kind has Neutrasweet. I don't want the sugar in the regular but I'm having the sugared kind today. I put some honey in my tea and coffee. I think I need it for strength as the day goes on. I've done a little cleaning, took the garbage and recyclables down to the dumpster, picked up my mail and paid some bills. Earlier, I had cleaned the kitchen. I didn't get to the bathrooms or floors but they're not horrible. It's better to rest a little, especially with my back. I'll have broth and Jello for dinner too but for my mid-afternoon snack, I'll have a banana popsicle. Mmmmmm! Then, after dinner, I'll drink the Mirilax in 7Up. Finally, I take two ducolax and y'all can guess the rest of how I'll spend the evening. :confused:

I called BC/BS because I had forgot to check to see whether the surgery center where my procedure will be performed is in network. I got a nice service rep and he said it is. Yea! :) Lower co-pays. He said he should be getting a colonoscopy and I urged him to do it. He didn't know you can be put under anesthesia for it. That took a lot of the fear out of it. I hope I convinced him.

Not all my problems are solved but I'm getting there. It's all small stuff not worth mentioning. It makes me feel so much better to get some of the stress out of the way. It's always the small stuff piling up at once which breaks our backs. Oh, sorry! It's too late. I think my back is already broken. It feels like it. Whine, whine, whine! :mad:

Sending my love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  9. loveslilacs30

loveslilacs30 Member

10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hey, where is Joan (loveslilacs)? I just see Mikie's post??? I already posted before, nothing new. Need to go give DH his many eye drops. I came on to read Joan's post but I do not see it. Hope to find it later.

I know where Mikie is this evening ):!!! Getting ready for her test.

Love,
    Granni
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - So sorry you all have to deal with this. GRRRRRR
    Sorry I need to run.

Love to all,
    Granni
  12. springwater

springwater Member

hello all

im swamped in work and not much to tell, outside of sorry tales of chores piling up
    here , there and in the middle...lol! but ive firmly resolved NOT to berate myself,
    this body and mind is doing all it can possibly do in its present state...

i let the dogs out and took some stuff out to the terrace to be washed later, then
    sat and did some meditation, and prayers...after sending DH and son off ...
    grabbed a slice of bread and cheese for my own breakfast, was settling down
    to open the computer when help brought up the milk for the dogs to be boiled
    an a soggy paper, hope its dried before DH comes back from golf, so i put the
    milk on to boil and skimmed thru the posts and you 's doings while watching
    it...and now that its boiled, made myself another cuppa tea, came here to my
    comfy couch by the window, put me feet up and writing this...:)

will feed the doggies their milk when its cooled down after this and then dive
    into the tasks ahead...hv to make DHs lentils, veggies so he can take them
    in his little tin pail with left over rice...for his lunch..

i am not going to say i will tackle the clothes needing to be folded in the spare
    room because that seems to put a jinx on it and i dont even get to TOUCH them..
    so shhhhhhhh...im going to fold clothes in spare room, but dont tell anyone..
    (wink, wink). seriously, a herd of sheep can get lost underneath the piles of
    bedsheets, towels, pajamas, shirts, pants, dresses....the socks are already lost
    :( and a lot of undergarments, dreadingnhving to wade in thatpile and feel
    for the smaller stuff...i hv to face the fact that i am a slob, but not willingly
    so...

Sun - i laughed out loud imagining your dear doccys face when you tell him you
    WANT to do the colonoscopy...hahahahaha

Granni - you went line dancing? great to hear that...i think some sorry bugger is
    tampering with IMDB boards...since a lot of us hv problems...sorry sorry bugger,
    i dont hv problems typing on other sites, its just this PH one...i hope you are
    able to fix it and get i to PH smoothly...

Julie - what a great pic! what a lovey place for kids to just run free...those
    kiddies are adorable and i understand why ou go out of your way to ensure
    they are always well taken care of, and get all the TLC you can give them

i can also understand why you are a lot on the mower, all that lawn to
    keep in the impeccable condition in the pic! but its looks like a labour of
    love and it shows...beautiful

Julie - u sure are having to deal with a lot of anger created by SiLs antics
    more than is healthy for you, pls do try and let some of that anger out
    otherwise it sits in the liver and can cause problems later on...you could
    just sit in yr beautiful yard area in the fresh air and breathe out saying
    i let go of this anger at what SIL just did, several times and imagine the anger
    getting devoured by the sun....unresolved emotional issues hv played havoc
    with my own health especially around the navel area, digestion, liver,
    kidneys too maybe...pls take care, this is NOT good for you

Rock - that thought about middle shelves occured to me last month,
    both DH and myself dont like getting things out of the lower shelves
    DHs pot belly and my achy leg muscles come in the way...i love
    that you discovered that library...i hope they hv libraries in heaven
    coz if there aint....this earth is going to hv a springwater ghost haunting
    the earths libraries, i wont scare anyone, just sit and take my fill of
    whats out there...

Mikie - i know you are upset with the health issues and pain, but i admire
    your resilience as you go about dealing with what you need to do..
    praying all of what needs tobe healed is touched by God and made better.
    And that life starts sailing a little more smoothly than it has past coupla
    weeks...

Jamin - never say never...who knows but you will start using the apps
    and start posting pictures...i keep meaning to but no time...i mean, something
    keeps coming up

well this took longer than i had meant to...and the doggies are looking impatient
    for their breakfast

take care, you beautiful people

God Bless
  13. springwater

springwater Member

14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Kids, first, thank you everyone for all you good wishes, prayers and support as I've gone through my sciatica and colonoscopy. I just got home and had to have a cup of coffee and a coupla plain donuts. I'm basically off sweets but, sometimes, nothing beats a donut, for medicinal purposes, of course. Barb stopped on the way home at Publix so I could buy the donuts and, more importantly, some new batteries for my tens unit. The unit isn't expensive but the batteries and pads can add up fast, depending on how often I need to use it.

The doc removed a new polyp but we won't know about it until it goes through pathology. He didn't seem concerned. It's amazing because this type of polyp is very difficult to see with the scope but they have a light which makes it show up. Fatty tumor hasn't grown and is benign; diverticula have no inflammation (diverticulitis); colon muscles are strong and working well and internal hemorrhoids (the price of motherhood) are non-bleeding. Probably TMI, but we're all adults here. My point is that at this age, most of us have things going on inside of us, especially in our colons. The trick is to manage them. I feel so much better knowing what is going on than hoping nothing is. Of course, with my family history, it's really important in my case.

Prep went well but, next time, I'm going to start earlier in the day. By evening, I was feeling tired and a wee bit lightheaded. I was afraid I would drop off and forget to take the Ducolax. I guess I could set my alarm. The prep didn't kick in until 9:30 and it was quick. Yikes! :eek: I was up a couple of times during the night and finished this morning. There is no cramping with this prep and no discomfort. They are getting better and better with this prep business. But, enough about my colon--I digress...

Julie, I honestly don't see this situation with sis as sustainable. It is affecting you emotionally and physically. It's time for Den to stand up and not back down with her. GPA's health, and yours, is in danger now. At his age, if he trips on that oxy line and breaks his hip, it could be the end of him. I'm a lot like you in that if I see a problem and a solution, I want to fix it. But, Sweetie, this has grown beyond your ability to do everything by yourself. You may have to choose between GPA's anger and his well-being before sis continues her destruction. Do you have a pastor, or someone GPA trusts, to counsel all of you on this? Everyone's been walking on egg shells not to upset the apple cart but IMHO, the cart's upset and the apples are rolling down the hill. Enough is enough. Sis is sick and it's not GPA's fault; it may not even be her fault. Blame doesn't matter but your health and GPA's do. Actually sis' matters too and she need professional help. She will not change as long as GPA enables her. I'm so sorry to be so blunt but I'm worried about you and GPA too. It's time for action and to call it like it is. My prayers are with you and I apologize if I've stepped over the line with what I've said here. It's said in love and concern.

Springwater, I sent you a private message about your computer. Explorer doesn't work well on certain sites. I suggest downloading Firefox, it's free, and using it may fix your problems. It's similar enough to E that it's not a difficult transition. The only way I can read our newspaper online is with FF. E doesn't work. Thank you so very much for you kind words. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed but I just keep plugging along and taking things one at a time. Also, I have faith. God won't fix all our problems but why should He fix any if we don't believe He will. If He doesn't fix something, I believe it's either Karma, in which case, I'm happy to work off my bad Karma here, or it's because there is a bigger picture I can't see. Mostly, it's the small stuff, which seems to all hit at once, that gets to me.

Granni, thank you too for being so supportive. You are my heroine, line dancing and carrying on. I hope to be able to heal enough to be half as active as you. You hit the nail on the head about where I was last night. Thank God for my master bath--not far to go to go. :) I actually watched the final episode of "Fargo," but will have to watch it again as I was pretty busy at the time. No wonder I'm so pooped today. Rock, did you catch the pun? It was just too easy not to use it. I am supposed to rest today--doc's orders, so I'll do it, again, for medicinal purposes. It's important, especially if anything is removed. Geez, I said I was going to stop talking about it. I lied! :rolleyes:

The largest pepper on my tree on the lanai is turning orange. I'll wait until it is red, probably tomorrow. I can't wait for all the rest to form and turn red. It should be really pretty if all the little baby balls grow into these strange "UFO" peppers. I still need to go online to see whether or not I can find out what they are. If not, perhaps I'll take one to Lowe's or Home Depot to see whether my favorite gardeners know what they are. Next time, the seedlings will go outside as soon as the are strong enough to stand on their own and be staked. This plant is 4' tall. I've never seen anything like it.

BTW, have any of y'all heard of Sacred Dirt? It's from a little church in NM where there have been some alleged miracles. My CO kids are going to a wedding in Taos and the church isn't far. They are bringing back some of the dirt, which is free. There are claims of healing when people rub the dirt on themselves. I told her about the other church where they have a 360 degree spiral staircase up to the choir loft. Granni, if y'all had to climb those stairs, the loft sits very high up, you probably wouldn't have the breath left to sing. Anyway, I've seen specials on this church on TV and no one has been able to figure out what holds up the staircase. No nails, no screws. In the 1800's, the nuns put out the word that they wanted someone to build stairs. No one came forth. Finally, a carpenter, with his tools on a donkey, came by. He built the stairs and left and no one ever knew who he was. Some believe it was St. Joseph himself. In any case (again, no pun intended--case--staircase--get it?) no one, to this day, can explain how the stairs were so precisely engineered and stay up. They are beautiful. I believe the church is called, Loretto. I love the beauty of some historical churches in Europe and in our own SW.

OK, gotta close this tome of "W&P." I send my love to everyone, those I missed here and our MIA. I also want to thank all of you who report the spammers. They are a very determined group--new ones almost every day. I'm gratified that a lot of people have read my warnings, both here and on the CFIDS/ME and FMS boards. Again, you guys are the best!!! :)

Love, Mikie
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Mikie - Glad you are doing OK after your fun Colonoscopy ):! NOT . Have to go fix dinner but did want to check in and see how my dear ones are doing today.

Julie - I totally agree with Mikie and my mom at 93 fell 2x a broke two hips and the last one was the end of her. Long story but MIKIE is very right about this situation.

Gotta run fix dinner. Hpe to check back later.

Love,
    Granni
  16. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

hi kids

can't type so well. my mouse arm no workee. not sure why.
    but it's a little better. am takin' ibupr and applyin' a gel.

hugs.

rock
  17. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Julie: Good for you.....I'm glad to read you've made the decision to back away and let Den takeover. From all that you've written,I would say sis want's him "out of the picture", but tries to put up a good front that she wants the best for him. If you guys are OK with him living with you, that would probably be the best. The stress from her has not been good for you or the family, I hope you can come to an amicable arrangement. And certainly not good with you sleeping on the floor!

It's after midnight and I'm sitting here with my tens machine going. I have so much neck pain from trying to do the windows on saturday. It seems like I can keep the pain under control during the day but I'm having a hard time when I have to "hit the pillow".

Mikie: So happy to read that your colonoscopy is done......and looks pretty good. I talked to my doctor today about it for me......since we have a PPO still, we have several options. Apparently each doctor is a little different.....the one my DH went to only allows broth and jello from morning to next morning.....24 hrs. So I'm checking on other doctors. Since I have a tendency toward hypoglycemia, just don't know how I'll do.
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Granni,

This hip I recently injured has been injured in the past. I fell off a step stool at Publix and onto the hip on the cement floor. There seemed to be no harm done. Then, more recently, my hand slipped getting into the tub and I landed, not on the side of that hip but, on my right buttox, snack on the bone. That was sore and painful for several weeks. Maybe the bursa said, "I've had enough of this abuse," well, that is, if our body parts could talk. Actually, I guess pain, swelling and bruising are the parts' way of taking to us. That hip has been very chatty this time 'round. :mad:

I came home and ate soft food yesterday and even that gave my stomach a few growls and grumbles. Now, it's talking to me. They force air up the colon to open it up and what goes in must come out. Until it all does, it can cause a wee bit of discomfort. Like you said, it wasn't fun but it wasn't that bad either. Any of my surgeries made this look like a walk in the park. I'm a wee bit stiff today because I haven't been very active. I need to soak and do some stretches. Think I'll go to Wally World to see whether their tens pads are less expensive. Target usually has the cheapest OTC things but they don't carry the little gummy cranberry chews which help keep my cystitis at bay. PH has the capsules; I need to check to see whether they carry cranberry gummies; it's the new trend in how to take supps. Even my fibre comes in gummy cubes. They are delicious! :p

I was in a nice deep nap yesterday when our painter called. He's coming out this morning at 8:30 to see where the tree trimmer hit our railing. It's probably nothing to worry about, it's so small but it's down to the metal. Maybe they can just fill it in. So, that means Barb and I can have coffee out there and show him where it is. I hope it's not too hot and humid. Our mornings have been dry and breezy with the rains coming in the afternoons, as God intended during Rainy Season. The last few years, it's been all messed up. :confused:

The little UFO pepper is now red. I guess that means I can pick it. I wish the other three would fill out and turn. I'd like to see little red peppers all over the pepper plant. A lot of the blooms and little balls, which should grow into the peppers, have dried up and fallen off. It may have been that fungus which coated the underside of the larger leaves. I've removed them and sprayed the plant twice with Dawn Liquid and water. There are still a bunch of the little balls on one branch so, we'll see. The plant itself is very handsome. Does anyone know whether a pepper plant will produce more than one crop? Guess I could leave it and see. I do plan to save seeds from one of the offspring of this first crop.

My wi-fi is still working but the TV box just stopped, as it does about once a week. This time, though, it doesn't seem to be able to reset itself. Comcast is so profitable partly because they use crappy stuff. Their vans are always out here and not to install anything. It's always for a trouble call. This is really a hardship to someone like me for whom TV is my life. When I'm in dire straits, I watch Netflix streaming. I watched and rewatched the good stuff, though, and want my regular TV back. Whine, whine, whine! :mad:

It's early so will wish everyone a very nice day.

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Porchies,

Granni, this hip I recently injured has been injured in the past. I fell off a step stool at Publix and onto the hip on the cement floor. There seemed to be no harm done. Then, more recently, my hand slipped getting into the tub and I landed, not on the side of that hip but, on my right buttox, snack on the bone. That was sore and painful for several weeks. Maybe the bursa said, "I've had enough of this abuse," well, that is, if our body parts could talk. Actually, I guess pain, swelling and bruising are the parts' way of taking to us. That hip has been very chatty this time 'round. :mad:

I'm editing this because it didn't show me any more than Granni's post. GRRRR!!! I hate it when this happens!

Jam, I've heard nothing about Publix's buying Whole Foods. Whole Foods has an entirely different culture but that doesn't mean Publix couldn't buy them and own two entirely different chains. Usually these things are in a very small area of the business section of the paper and I usually only read the weekends. I can read it online but usually just don't anymore. Try to Google it and see what comes up. Publix really has no competitors in the same business model and culture here. Winn Dixie, which recently bought out Sweetbay, is no competition pricewise nor servicewise. They also offer far less in the width of their merchandise. We have no Kroger nor Safeway stores here. I loved Kroger in Denver when I lived there. They were called King Soopers and were really big stores. I guess Wally World groceries is about the only real competitor Publix has but WW is not a store many people like to shop in. Myself? I don't mind as long as it's not crowded, especially with out-of-control children running all over. Once, when I worked at Publix, a woman, who did not speak English, was just letting her toddler scream at the top of his lungs near my cashier station. Finally, before my sensory overload started the seizure activity, I yelled, "Silencio, por favor!" Well, evidently the mother couldn't believe such a pale gringa spoke Spanish, and the kid had never been corrected. Both mouths dropped and the mom shuffled the kid and cart out of there post haste. I still smile when I think of it.

I just edited the original post and the edit feature didn't work even tho it said my post had been updated. So, I'll just continue here, posting to individuals and there may be some redundancy between the two.

Julie, thank God you and Den are going to do something about this situation. Change is very difficult, especially if we don't know how it will affect everyone and the relationships. Sometimes, we have to be pushed into a corner to act. That is usually when we've exercised every other option, which you have, and then some. In some ways, our parents become our children in later years and we have to make tough decisions to protect them. God bless you all; my prayers are with you. I still think it would make a world of difference if there is a therapist or pastor who could help facilitate this whole situation. I'm thinking Dr. Phil. I can only imagine what he would say to sis. Still, I understand your wish not to demonize her to GPA but a good facilitator would handle things gently with GPA.

Rock, I hope and pray you are doing better. My kids in CO are both left handed and I've learned to use their mouse with my left hand. Now and then, I move it to the right and I'm sure, to them, it's like leaving the toilet seat up except when I move the mouse, no one's tushie gets wet! :D

Sunflower Girl, I could have Jello and broth and all the water, coconut water, Gatorade, vitamin water, soda pop, and popcicles I wanted as long as everything was clear, yellow or orange the day of the prep. If one could tolerate Neutrasweet, sugarless Jello is an option. I'm so glad you are going to do this. You'll be glad too when it's done. If they find nothing, you can usually go 6 to 10 yrs. before having another, depending on the doc. I'm sure if you explain your situation, they can work with you to find a way. Prep day is a day to take it easy. Drinking the Miralax in 64 oz. of my 7Up was difficult toward the end because it tasted sooooo sweet. Used to be a salty tasting stuff. The only thing I would do is to start earlier next time. I moved the laxatives up an hour as it was and it didn't have enough time to work completely before I went to the office. I had to use their bathroom. Especially in my case, where there was a polyp hiding in plain sight, it is necessary to have the colon squeaky clean. Your doc may use a completely different prep so all this may be moot. Good luck.

OK, sorry for this clusterfudge and sorry if it makes my "W&P" posts even worse. I'm afraid to try to fix it because when I just did, it didn't work. Just another little thing in my life which isn't working. Is Mercury retrograde? :eek: I hope not.

Love you all,
    Mikie
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - I am so glad that Den is going to take over this situation with sis. I think I mentioned that to you also sometime ago but you have to be at the point to be ready to deal with whatever comes your way after Den puts his foot down. Hoping she will start to behave some after Den steps in but not sure. She knows she can take advantage of you and Grandpa.

If there are any changes to be made it is now or when grandpa's casts come off. MIKIE said it all right and I am glad that Den is going to have a little talk shall we say with his sister. She is clearly taking advantage of gpa's sweet and giving nature. Yes, at that age it doesn't always take much for them to slip and fall and yes a break at his age (hip) very often leads to the end for them. I know from my mom. You do not need to stress out on this any longer and if Grandpa decides to stay there you need to step out of it and Den step in. Either way let Den take care of it.

Mikie - So glad that your colonoscopy is over and that everything was fine. Boy, you really can write one heck of a W and P (LOL)!!! If I go to the other program (Firefox) I cn type like crazy without a mistake like now but I have to sign in ever time and I think it confuses the computer cause then when I try and log in the reg. way it wants me to sign in there too- weird. Takes to long to get on this way. However, the other way I have to keep editing every other work. Drives me nuts !! Hope your sciatica is feeling better. Sorry if I missed what you said about it.

I need to get off now as DH will be calling me to go to the doc for his one wk checkup for his eyes. Think all is well and today is the last day for his rt eye drops. So now I just need to keep giving him his Lt. eye drops till sometime the beginning of July - geez already.

Gotta run now to get ready and I can't think of anything else to say right now. I have not been able to check the forums to much lately. DH has been on the computer and it doesn't always come up on my phone. Have to make sure I check the boxes to say I am interested in getting replies to that forum (post). Have to edit to do that. If I remember to do all those things your posts will come up on my phone.

Bye for now. Hope to check back later on.

Love to everyone,
    Granni :)