PORCH VOLUME 721 IS NOW CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Porchies,

Julie, your post about GPA brought tears to my eyes. I also hope this trip is restful for you. Have a good time.

Granni, I'm glad you enjoy the line dancing. I love exercising when I can but it's a real pain, no pun intended, when everything hurts.

Rock, yes from the mouths of babes!

Had my PT eval. and first treatment this morning. Really good news--the sciatica is from muscle imbalance in the pelvic area. More good news is that, through exercises, stretches and manipulation, it can be fixed. If one has to have sciatica, this is the type to have. I'll have three sessions a week for the first two weeks. Then, perhaps, down to twice a week. I called and cancelled the MRI of my spine since we now know it's not the spine but the pelvis which is pinching the nerve. I came home and iced my sore area and then, went to the store and UPS to send back the defective knife sanifizer. The old sanitizer is working like a charm. I tapped it on the stone countertop cause I figured I had nothing to lose. There must have been something loose in there cause whatever I did caused it to start working again.

The PT made everything hurt worse but I suppose it will get worse before it gets better. The woman who did the eval. and treatment is really good. I am resting but will do the one exercise I'm supposed to do at home later. Maybe I'll try the blue light. Since I'm having a paradoxical reaction to the light, maybe it'll make me sleep better. I slept well last night. Simon wasn't out when I put his bowls outside but when I went out to get them, he had eaten a good amt.

DD in Atlanta called and my DGS is going to Hogwart's Camp for a week and then, they move to the Dallas area. Andy took a twig and made his own wand. He and DSIL rigged it with an LED on one end so that it lights up. Of course, Andy chants the spell just as he turns on the light. Geez! I'd like to go to Hogwart's Camp myself. Maybe I am a Witch and not a Muggle.

One of my DD's friends from her hood slipped and shattered her elbow. This just after losing her husband about six months ago. I'm going to put a prayer in our prayer box for her. I already put one in for my neighbor in our hood who has lung cancer. They did a brain scan but didn't have the results back yet. If it has metasticized, evidently, it would head for the brain. We just lost another neighbor to cancer. Our neighborhood is changing. I miss those we've lost but we have some nice new ones. This is the nature of life, I guess. I realized that I had put prayers in the box for everyone but me so I put one in the other day. I feel the good news I got today is the answer to my prayers. I've been able to straighten out the snags in my everyday life too so my stress level is down.

DD and DGS are planning to come down at the end of July. I can't wait to see them. Hopefully, my back will be better by then.

Hope everyone is doing well. If not, just hang in there til things turn around. Keep the faith and keep on keepin' on.

Love, Mikie
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - Have WONDERFUL, SAFE, an RELAXING trip !!!!!Hope you get to feeling much better soon for your trip !

Hi to Mikie, Jam, SW, Rock, Dar, Sun, and all our MIAs.

Hugz to everyone !! Need to go take a shower.

Love you all,
    Granni
  3. springwater

springwater Member

hello all

popping in to say hi

Mikie - heh heh, i was reading an angel book and it said to write down prayers and
    put in a 'God Box'..

sorry to hear of the people who left for their long home..takes some getting used
    to at first...im still shedding tears for brother, and Hobbes...guess i never had time
    to grieve properly...brothers passing has kind of left a void, made an impact on
    my daily life..so its gonna be tougher to get over

Julie - i pray your arm and left side heals and you can enjoy your well deserved break
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Kids

Springwater, did you see the prize winning National Geographic photos in the news the
    other day? One was from the area of Dole village in Nepal. A time exposure shot of
    the Milky Way and the Himalays. Very dramatic.

Granni, I'm with your DH. I want my meat well done. Remember when Lucy was
    crying and said she liked hers "nice and juicy"? I can't remember why she was crying
    though. Was it when her wedding ring got lost? I'm kinda rusty on my Lucy
    lore. Haven't seen the show since last fall.

Julie, glad to hear that Gpa appreciates all the TLC. Shows he still got his sense of
    humor too. Sorry to hear the chiro couldn't do much with your left shoulder, arm. I
    felt great after my session last week, but nowadays it doesn't last. The back acts up
    again in a day or two.

Mikie, I never heard of knife sanitizer before. Is it some kinda light? I'd look it
    up, but I'd probably lose my post. Doncha just hate it when ya buy some new
    gadget and it don't cut the mustard? Hope the physical therapy et. al works
    wonders.

Good for Andy; he made a wand. I seem to recall that Harry Potter's used rowan
    wood. (It's supposed to have magical properties.) I used to have a recording of
    a Scottish song called, "Oh, Rowan Tree." Reminds me when Star Wars was new.
    My son was 7. We made a light saber with a tube from wrapping paper and a
    flashlight.

Gordon was gardening today. He repotted some orchids, and planted some
    kangaroo paws. Can't remember if I first heard of that plant here or on some
    nature program. Anyhoo the seeds don't come in typical package. It's more
    of a pouch.

Hugs Everydobby
    Rock
  5. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Well, I tried to post a pic of the kangaroo plant aka anigozanthos. None of the pics
    will submit to copying.

Gonna open a new porch thread.

Rock
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

THIS PORCH IS CLOSED. PLEASE GO TO #722 TO POST. THANK YOU!