PORCH VOLUME 728 IS NOW CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'll be back in a minute after closing 727. OK, I'm back; we had more than 35 posts on 727. I'm glad to see our Porchies posting, even when they have bad news to report. We can, at least, offer support and prayer to them. I know how much your support and prayers mean to me.

Granni, this time of year, I go nowhere without my bumbershoot unless the weatherman says no chance of rain. A couple of times, I've been caught in a store when it's raining. I've even bought new umbrellas just to get outta there in a downpour. Otherwise, I've been known to put one of their plastic bags on my head to get out to the car. Since it's an SUV, the back hatch forms a roof over me while I load my groceries or other purchases. I'm sorry your back is sore from shopping; I know exactly how that feels. Hope it's better soon. My hair isn't thin but it's very fine. The hairdresser used a razor on it to get it to have more body. I have a little one I use for the same thing when I cut my own. Your short hair will be perfect for the trip. I hope and pray all goes well for you.

Sunflower Girl, I am so very sorry DH has a stomach bug. The last thing he needs is to get dehydrated. At this point, it might be very beneficial for an IV if he can't keep water down. I hope he's better. I'm laughing at your cat's huffiness at her "boyfriend" who hasn't been around. I'll bet you could really write a funny book about them. Cats all have individual personalities. Sometimes, I wish Tweety were more mellow, like her brother, but it's her sassy personality which makes her such a character.

Julie, I'm so glad DH wasn't hurt in that fall. It could have been catastrophic. I hope you, and everyone in the family, start feeling better. Let us know how your labs come out. You are in my prayers.

In fact, I pray for us all every day. I've always said we are heroes and heroines for what we have to endure. Some of us live our lives most of the time in bed, often with brain fog and pain. Some of us are able to do things but with a great price to pay. Even someone like me, who has no more symptoms of my conditions, seem to struggle with other problems. Most healthy people take their good health for granted. We are grateful for every little blessing and never take anything for granted. Bless us all!

Per my new "normal" sleep pattern, I fell asleep early in the evening. At 10:00 my alarm went off and I took two clonazepam and went back to sleep. Sylvester got in bed with me and slept by my legs. I had the heating pad on low for my back and right arm/shoulder. Even though everything is better, I still have some achiness at bedtime. I woke at 3:00 and got all the cats' breakfasts ready, including Simon outside, and had my bran buds with a little granola. The bran buds taste like cardboard so I have to add fruit and/or granola to make it more palatable. The extraordinary benefit of this added fibre is worth eating cardboard. :) The gummy fibre helps too and they are sooooo good; it's like eating gummy bears.

Something has Tweety riled up this morning and she is restless. She's been jumping up on the kitchen windowsill and down again over and over, yowling the whole time. Simon has already eaten and is gone. We have possums, and other wild critters, so it could be something wild. She's out on the lanai, giving me dirty looks. Yesterday, Simon had another animal with him and it looked just like a miniature Sylvester. I couldn't be sure, though, because he was on the landing and all the stair rails were in the way. Both ran when I tried to see what it was. After I put Simons's breakfast out, he came back by himself and ate. A friend in the hood took in a kitten, younger than S&T, and it is identical to Tweety but, instead of solid white, it is solid black. The eyes are the same unusual green as Tweety's and the face looks identical. I am wondering whether this has become a dumping ground for kittens. Most probably don't make it unless someone takes them in. There was originally another kitten with S&T but it disappeared. We have hawks which are perfectly able to carry off a kitten, rabbit, squirrel, mouse, etc. These poor kittens would be so much better off left at a shelter or, better yet, get the mother cat spayed. S&T got lucky.

I have to shower and go to the bank once again to try to straighten out what the mortgage dept. has done. I got all my paperwork together yesterday. I'll try to go over it once again but it's extremely difficult to make heads or tails of it. Also, my Wells Fargo credit card is charging me fees. The more I charge, the higher the fee. Say What! This is supposed to be a no-fee card. This crap never ends. Whine, whine, whine! :mad:

Next horrible task is to call my financial guy at ING to find out how much I am required to take out of my IRA before I reach 70 1/2. My local guy retired so all I have is some guy at ING to answer my questions. I hate dealing with this stuff. I guess I should be thankful I have an IRA. Hmmmmm! Perhaps a perception shift. I think I'm just so run down with all these painful events and the cats that I just don't want to deal with anything at all. Poor Julie, the cats' other mother, is even worse off. She can no longer feel her feet due to her back problems. She's exercising them to keep the blood flowing in them but I'm sure the 22nd can't get here fast enough. She has almost completely withdrawn because she can't deal with anything anymore.

One neighbor's aunt just died (not unexpectedly) at an advanced age and another's brother just passed away (again, not unexpectedly) but he was young and had cancer. We've lost four people in the hood in recent months. I guess it's right that, "To everything there is a season...A time to die..." I'm ready for a new season.

Wishing everyone a very, very good day.

Love, Mikie
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

HI Mikie, et al,

Gotta bump up this new Porch volume. May not be on to long. Waiting for the cleaning lady to come. She is supposed to come at 2:30 she said which was a very different time for me and her too.. Who knows how long she wil be and if her college age daughter comes with her. I have not been idle myself. The painter are doe, at least for what we have paid them for. Trying to put things in their proper laces, like the bookcase in our bedroom. Trying to make or and get rid of clutter. So hard to do that. There was so much dust all around. Gotta leave nw.

Love,m Granni
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Granni, I'll bet you're glad the painters are gone. Hope you and the cleaning lady can get things back to your liking. Yes, it's so hard to get rid of things. I really need to do that myself. It's an ongoing thing.

I showered and went to the bank and my banker and I got my mortgage straightened out (for now). Wells Fargo took over Wachovia, which had taken over World Savings so the mortgage dept. is a step-child with a non user-friendly system. We keep trying new things only to have it backfire again and again. It's sooooo frustrating. I'm trying to make extra principle payments and they keep just applying them as regular payments instead of drafting my payments automatically as they are supposed to do. Well, one less thing to stress me out (again, for now). I also stopped at our mgmt. co. to wish a departing mgr. good luck as she's moving to CO and getting married. I had a couple of bills owed to me by the assn. Finally, I stopped at Publix and got some chicken tenders, potato salad and beans with cut up watermelon for dessert. For the first time in a long time, I was hungry.

I think something is wrong with my A/C. The tech is coming out on Mon. I have it set at 77 but it's 79 in here and it just keeps running. I hope it's just low on coolant. I don't need a big bill right now. It's in the low 90's outside and I hope it's just too hot but, even so, the A/C should be able to cool it down better in here. Our electricity went out twice for just a minute. So, here I am, running around resetting clocks. Why doesn't everything have a battery backup for the clock?

It was too hot to smudge the condo and bldg. so will do it in the a.m. when it's cooler. I did get my little brass latches installed on all my closet doors so Tweety can't open them. It's like having to baby proof a house only I'm trying to cat proof mine. She's just too smart. I had one cat who learned to open and shut the kitchen cabinet doors. He would open them and close them to get my attention. I also put some little hooks under a shelf in my closet to hold some of my necklaces to free up some space in my jewelry armoire. When I worked, I wore different jewelry all the time but, now that I'm retired, I just don't wear it much anymore. Still, I don't want to get rid of it. At least, it's organized.

OK, I'm gonna go read the newspaper. I didn't feel like reading it this morning. I had to take a nap after I had my breakfast. Then, I thought I had better go to the bank before I chickened out cause I didn't want to do it.

Hope everydobby has a great evening.

Love, Mikie
  4. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Folks

Haven't been posting 'cause I'm not up to it. I have a vague notion of reading a
    play where people are waiting at the depot for the final train. Some people think
    that is the theme of the play "Waiting for Godot". But then "Godot" is a boring
    and meaningless play for many people. Others find it highly significant.

About the only thing we can say with any certainty is that the star of the play was
    Bert Lahr, (the cowardly lion). He always said he never understood the play either.

And then there's the other side of the coin. In the 40s Shirley Temple starred in
    "The Bluebird", a movie where children wait on a ship to be born.

Well, life and death are themes in Fannie Flagg's book "Standing in the Rainbow". I
    just reread it. It's set in village in Missouri. I would put in on a list of great
    American books like To Kill a Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, Huckleberry Finn,
    Gone With the Wind, etc. But it has something even those great books don't
    have: a sequel.

Julie, I'm glad to hear that Den is OK. Is he gonna have a check up just to make
    sure? No cracked bones, etc. My brother and I used to climb on our roof when
    we were kids. Sure wouldn't do it now. Don't even like stepladders these days.
    And I'm afraid to get in an elevator. If it got stuck I'd be panic stricken.

Granni, I'm pretty much the same as always. Just depressed and low on energy.
    Thanks for asking. I bet you'll be so happy when the painters and the dust are gone.

Mikie, glad to hear that some of your several problems are improving. The kitties are
    lucky to have you as their in loco parentis.

SF girl, never heard of celtic salt before.Thought maybe it had something to do with
    the Irish, but apparently it refers to sea salt. Well, glad you found something that
    helps.

Springwater, your reference to a roadside restaurant made me think of Windy Acres,
    a cafe at the edge of a small town in Minnesota. It had a huge parking lot so trucks
    could park there. Our High School band often stopped there when we were marching
    in a parade in some neighboring town. Good grub. Prices so low the young
    people of today would find it astonishing. Fifty cents for a hamburger.

Can't remember which town the cafe was in, but I checked the internet. It's gone
    now. Was popular with truckers, travelers and teenagers.

Gotta go lie down, Kids.

As they used to say in the commercials on the Amos and Andy Show, "Good Health to
    All from Rexall". Just checked with Wikipedia. Another piece of Americana that is
    gone. Once there were 12,000 Rexall stores. Now all gone with the windy acres.

Hugs
    Rock
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Greetings again to awl. computer most of the time the cleaning lady and her daughter was here. I may not be perfect but it is a lot better. So much dirt and dust. I feel good too that I have made a little bit of order at least. Not always easy to throw things away. DH is good at that, throwing things out. Sometimes he throws things out that I know I may be using or needing later on. Now I can concentrate, at least try to, start packing. Just getting my supps together and meds is a chore.

Mikie - I know what you mean. All that financial and bank stuff get s me crazy too. My acct is no problem and has not much money but the one for both of us is a little tricky. DH knows all about that stuff . However, if he is gone that is another story, That is funny about those kid proof latches for the kitties. When my kids were young they didn't have any kid proof latches. Nowadays, they have so many different safety features. Somehow we did without them.

Rock - Glad to see you here but sorry you are or were feeling puny with little NRG again or still. Seems like I always feel that way but somehow don't have the luxury to lie down or sit still , unless I am on the computer and perhaps n one I home, but me.

Julie - Hope you are feeling a little better and that they have been able to figure out your problem. Perhaps they took blood and will need the results to come back first before knowing anything. You need some answers before you have any more company, including Lindsay and David's new little baby whenever it shows its little head. Lord knows you have enough people who depend on you. You NEED to get well soon. Hope Den is stil feeling OK after hs fall. Boy was he lucky.

Sun - Hope you are feeling better and your DH to. Thinking of you all inc those not mentioned. I need to get off her for now . I am worn out after trying to get this house cleaned up some and now I have to start thinking about packing for our trip. DH wants to get outside and weed, etc. Pray for rain tonight :)?? Then weeding will be called off unless we want to be carried off by the mosquitoes and other bugs.

Love to awl,
    Granni :)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Kids,

Yowza! It's hot here! I know, I know, it's the middle of July in the sub-tropics; what do I expect, right? Yesterday afternoon, I had the thermostat set at 77 and it just kept running and running and it stayed 79 in the condo. I had left the slider open about 6" so the little ones could go in and out. I closed the doors and the blinds on the sliders and the kitchen window. Finally, the temp dropped to 78. I think my A/C must be low on coolant. I called the A/C guy and he will be out Mon. I left the thermostat at 79 so the A/C wasn't running all the time. It finally shut off when the temp dropped last night but it stays hot until the middle of the night. When I got up, I set it at 77 and it worked just fine so I dropped it to 76. It seems to be working normally. Still, I think it should have worked better yesterday afternoon. I'm going to get it cooler in here and keep the windows and blinds shut today and tomorrow so the hot afternoons are not taxing the A/C unit. If I get it cooler before the afternoon, perhaps it won't get so hot in here. I hope it's nothing serious. I doubt it is because it's working normally now.

The cats went in and out of the lanai a couple of times this morning and I opened and shut the door. They are peacefully co-existing on top of the back of the loveseat. I have a cheap animal print throw over that end of the loveseat so their shedding isn't on the loveseat itself. Tweety did an admirable job of cleaning Sylvester's neck for him in places he can't reach. With his long hair, it needs constant grooming. The worst problem is his belly where the hair is curly and tends to get knots in it. He lets me brush it but it doesn't stay neat very long. The rest of him is very sleek and he has a magnificent plume of a tail. If he starts to groom her neck, he grabs her by the nape and tries to mount her. Both are neutered and she just gives him a look like, "What's wrong with you?" I'm glad they are inside cats all the time now. I don't want to worry about tics and fleas nor the medicine to repel them. It's not necessary for inside cats and some animals have horrible reactions to them.

Rock, mi amigo, are you calling me loco? You may be right. Sometimes, I think I should have my head examined to put up with these little fur kids. I've never seen "Waiting for Godot." I find it amazing that it endures after all this time, though. I've not heard of the Shirley Temple movie. I do love Fanny Flagg so may look for that book. In my home town, we had a Rexall, of course, but it was a bit off the beaten path. I loved it when Mom took me there because they had an antique soda bar and the part against the wall had a huge mirror set in dark oak. It had a lot of Tiffany type stained glass all over it with some of it in the 3-D shape of purple grapes. I think the guy in there liked Mom because he would always light up the back bar, asking me if I wanted him to "light up the grapes." It thrilled me every time they lit up and I still have fond memories of it. I'm sure the Rexall guy had fond memories of my Mom. She was stunning! That bar must have been worth a fortune as an antique.

Granni, instead of buying kid proof latches, I just bought some little inexpensive brass latches. I installed them a couple of inches above the middle board, which contains the knobs to pull the doors open on the slider track. I put them on the frame in the middle; inside the frame are louvers. With all the humidity down here, we need closets that can "breathe." In any case, they are small and unobtrusive but look like a nice piece of hardware. The doors won't open when they are latched. It only took a couple of minutes to install. The most frustrating thing is that my drill/driver batteries are always dead. It doesn't take long to charge them but they are getting old and a charge doesn't last long. A plumber who came had the same thing. He just plugged the charger in and, while he was using one battery, the other was charging and he just swapped them as each one would die. This is a really nice construction type drill and was expensive. I don't want to have to buy a new one so I'll just do the swap out thing as long as I can. I don't do much drilling anymore since I've given up doing big projects. I hope everything suits you with all the paint, cleaning and clearing out. If you are like me, you have to position and reposition small things until, like with Goldilocks, everything is just right.

Even though it's already hot out, I plan to go out and smudge the bldg. this morning. Too many things going wrong; there must be some neg. NRG around here. In any case, it can't hurt and may help. It's always a good thing to pray and do rituals to ask for protection. Found out yesterday that my banker is into something similar but he uses incense. I did that before I found a source for the sage smudge packets. His mother has a bad spine and is suffering horribly with sciatica so I asked him if I could put a prayer in our little bird house prayer box. He said they do that and call it a "God box." Springwater, remember your telling us about the angels saying we should write our prayers down and put them in a God box? He's the only other person I've heard call it that.

Well, A/C is working perfectly (knocking on wood), set at 76. So, we'll see. Maybe I'll put a prayer in the box for my A/C. Hope everyone else has a great day.

Love, Mikie
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good morning MIKIE et al,

Waiting for DH to come home, which will be soon. Have a busy day ahead of me. Need to get dressed to go outside and weed, etc. Also need to start packing and washing. Haven't been able to do any packing yet as there have been so much going on here. First things first as they say.

Mikie you are so handy. I could use you around the house :)!! Gotta keep your heads up on your fur babies :)!!!

Julie - Hope you are doing OK. Please fill us in when you can.

Need to get dressed before DH gets home and outside before it get HOT. Right now it should be nice out but humid I am sure.

Love to everydobby,
  8. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Rock: I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. That talk about the old Rexalls does bring to mind the one in our little town I grew up in. It was kinda dark and stuffed full but they had a wonderful soda fountain like Mikie talked about. About 12 bar stools with a mirror behind the bar. First time ever I tasted an ice cream soda and also a root beer float. There was also a "soda fountain shop" in the town where all the HS kids would gather after school. I remember pics. of Archie characters painted all over the walls. I had been told this is where it originated and it stayed with me forever until a few years ago I researched it and found it was created back east someplace. Bummer.....and I thought this place was famous! HA

Mikie: Awwww.....you took away their fun by putting the latches on. Sometimes when I'm sorting clothes and towels for washing the cats go crazy when they find a slightly damp washcloth or towel on the floor and roll all over it, grabbing it with their paws. It must be the scent. I do know I have to be careful where I put my shoes or flip flops because they do the same thing, wiping their face across my shoes. Once when my son was visiting he had taken off his size 12 shoes and one of them went crazy.....sticking her face in his shoe! LOL He must have a very appealing scent to them.

Granni: Its amazing how dirty the house can get after workmen have been busy. It's a good thing you had help. What is it with women that we have to CLEAN the house thoroughly before leaving on a trip. When I was younger my boss told me his wife had to do that......annoyed the heck out of him. Personally I'm that way too. I think it's a woman thing.......that we don't want someone coming into our home and remarking "my, this woman was a terrible housekeeper".

I'm waiting for my live online art class to start in another hr. I'm so thankful I can watch it on my Ipad in the kitchen rather than in our computer room that's dark.

My DH has had a stomach bug since sunday......lots of gas that absolutely won't pass. I've been fighting it too but taking the oil of oregano and a charcoal tablet has helped me.........he's stubborn and won't listen to me.
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

WHEW !! Just got in from weeding and it is getting warm. Those little tiny bugs were bugging me to death out there - in my face everywhere ):!!

Sun - What is it with these guys who like to complain but you give them things to take and they won't take them. DH is getting somewhat better about taking supplements but he hates to take meds. However, it depends on his mood and the lucky guy only takes two pills for hi b/p (one is a slight diuretic). His b/p is nowhere close to mine when it spikes.

I don't always clean my house thoroughly before going somewhere. There are lots of things I need to do in here but wit the guys tracking I everything and dust everywhere I HAD TO. Luckily, it just so happened to be after those guys finished their painting. Great timing !! Also found things the guys had taken off the book cases I didn't know I had or had been looking for, for some time :)!!!

Mikie - Glad you are doing better. So you have decided to keep the cats i doors. It probably is best for them and it is great you have that enclosed lanai for them at night. Sounds like you have a couple of furry toddlers or especially one :)!!

Rock - Hope you are feeling better, and you too SPRINGWATER..

Julie - Check in when you can. Hope you are doing better.

I need to go and fix lunch. Hope to check back late. DH also needs the computer.

Love to everyone,
  10. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Sorry to be gone...I have actually logged on and typed, but just quit cause I would go on a tangent and get disgusted with myself.

The only lab result that I got so far was that my blood sugar was "very good." The nurse gave me the numbers, but I couldn't hear her very well and I could tell she was swamped, so I didn't keep asking.

Doctor wants me to see a cardiologist because I told her about shortness of breath when I run up and down stairs, etc. But I had all that checked out a year or so ago...was actually admitted to hospital for a couple days...I really think it is just stress.

So far today...Lindsey and David and the kids have some sort of infection or bug that has given them diarrhea. They don't know, but think it might be food poisoning from something they all ate at the fair last evening. Or all picked up somewhere this week.

Amy is in the ER right now having chest xrays, labs, etc...her fever was still high and she is so sick...checking her for pneumonia again. She had it last summer and feels the same as then.

I tried to call Gpa to tell him I just couldn't mow his yard...no answer. So I called Sis and she said, yes, he was on the mower. I told her he shouldn't be doing that and she said that he was being stubborn and wouldn't let her and boyfriend mow. Give me a break! (There are two mowers over there...no reason one or both of them can't just do it.) I told her if they could run around and plant flowers, they could surely mow the yard. She whined and said, "Julie!" and I said, "Just get on the damn mower!"

Then she hung up on me...

With all this going on, guess where I am? At my husband's side, being his go-fer, while he is up on the roof. Everyone and everything else will just have to "manage"...I am where I feel I belong right now.

Thinking of you all...
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - That is right. You are where you need to be right now. I think perhaps so many of your symptoms may be stress related. For years I had crazy IBS symptoms with diarrhea spurts coming on whenever it felt like it. That was I between the constipation I have had all my life. That was including all the pain I have had and just feeling like no NRG at all. O course when they did the Sigmoidoscopy years ago it was fine and dandy. Never could find anything wrong with me. Thyroid was supposedly normal at that time - my TSH was 5 or above which we know now is not really normal but hypo.

However, good idea to go to the cardio doc and make sure you are OK. Don't want to take any chances. Are you still crashing after you eat anything ?? That is very weird. All I can think of is perhaps with all the running around you do you are not digesting your food properly. Do you have loose bowels or what? Don't think you ever take the time to relax and do things for yourself and or Den. I know you love your family but you do to much . You are being pulled in to many directions at once. If it continues you might need to go to a gastroenterologist to check out your digestion? I am sure talking to your SIL really made you feel great, after that ):!! NOT

Sorry to hear about all the kiddo young and not so young being ill with that virus and hope Amy is better soon too.

Gotta run and glad to hear from you but wish you felt better. I know with your family it is very hard to do but please SLOW DOWN. Can Grandpa afford to have his yard mowed. ?? I might be god if he can't that you all take up a collection to have someone else mow it. Yu can't keep going on like that even if you enjoy mowning. Your own is big enough for you plus all the stuff you do for the kiddos !!!

Thinking of everyone. Ned to go for now.

Love,
  12. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi Granni...Amy just got discharged from the hospital. Still waiting on some cultures for another 48 hours, but so far said it is just a virus and to go home and rest and drink plenty of fluids.

So, no Girl Scout Camp for them...Clinton took Keira to her dad's for the weekend (where she would have gone anyway, except for the camp) and he will get her to us sometime on Monday. We'll have her till Thursday night when I take her home for her game.

Gpa has plenty of money to have anything he needs done. Just the idea that Sis and boyfriend have plenty of time and energy to do whatever they want, but nothing that Gpa needs done. I think Gpa was just trying to make a point (as was I, even though it had to be when I am too sick) that those two can get their heads out of the clouds and quit acting like a couple of love struck high school kids, and think of him for once.

I don't mind mowing his yard, but here I was, knocking myself out trying to take care of my family and Gpa and keep his yard mowed. And she was running around acting like a "____ in heat"...excuse my language, but that is what it looked like...Gpa calls it "advertising herself on the computer."

Gpa gave me some dates that he will need to stay with us and said Sis and boyfriend are going to "get connected" sometime. Or maybe they did it yesterday when they took Gpa to Missouri for a "little ride and to go out to lunch." Whatever...anyway, the two of them are going on a trip/honeymoon this next Friday-Monday so we will have Gpa.

Someday the stressers will be less, but for now I just have to ignore or deal with them...
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie,

I agree with you on the stressors NOW but if Grandpa has the money and Sis and BF or whatever isn't going to mow - you don't need to do it. It seems to me that now is the time to drop Gpa's mowing, with new baby on the way and all those little ones you need to help with , plus Den's needing you to help sometimes too, not to mention you mowing your place which I guess is not to small a lot. You need to watch your health my dear before you collapse. Sis and her fiancé or whatever will probably never get on the mower, so forget them.

Gotta run for now to keep DH company and fix diner, hamburgers on the grill. Please ,take it easy so you can enjoy that new baby that due soon.

Love you and all,
    'Granni
  14. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right, Granni. I really shouldn't get too far away from Lindsey right now, if David isn't home. If I'm just mowing my own yard, she can at least get my attention. But I don't always hear the phone if I'm on the mower at Gpa's.

Den is having me hold a rope that he is attached to, and the other end is anchored to the roof. So if he starts to fall again, I just pull on my end of the rope and the thing around his waist will lock him in place and keep him from going any farther down. I think it scared him, more than hurt, when he fell the other night.

I told Lindsey today that I'm sorry I can't help her more right now, until she actually goes into labor, but I have to think of my husband before anyone else. She understands...and I know it is high time I put him first.

Fixing some supper too, so will check in later.
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - Forgot to say I am glad that Amy is now home and hope she will be well soon. Even after Lindsey has baby I think it is a good thing for you just not to be bothered to do their lawn. You need to make sure that Sis knows grandpa shouldn't probably be doing that sort of thing now and either she, or fiancé or whoever they pay to do it is in charge - not you. You have way to much on your plate to worry about someone elses lawn that is not on your property , close by.. Even if it is Grandpa's, either they do it or pay someone to do it and that you will no longer be doing it.

Sorry, if I am sounding to BOSSY right now but you are having physical problems and you need to start really taking care of yourself for a change. Lindsey having her new little one soon should be a good excuse for you bowing out. However, you need to make it clear that you will no longer be doing it. Maybe you can help Grandpa find someone else to do it. He doesn't need to be mowing either. Neither Sis or fiancé will probably be on the mower either , if I have my guess.

Well, I am off my soapbox for now :)!!!! Hang in their Julie and stand your ground. They will most likely be a thorn in your side for some time but you don't need to make it worse for yourself physically and mentally by having to go mow his lawn all the time. You have enough to keep you for sure.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Missed you all today. I will try and get back tomorrow in between church and everything else happening here.

Love to everyone,
    Granni
  16. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Thinking of this lawn mowing, when my folks had their house they had a very deep back yard and hired someone all the time to mow....gave a person a job and some money too, another good way to look at it all. Julie, you do so much, too much. Let some things go...my opinion on this too. None of my business but again I'd say this to any of my friends. jam

PS: for years my mom nagged my dad to sell the house which became too much for them, but the stubborn man would not budge, when mom died, sis and I cleaned out the house and had to sell it, dad lived alone for a while and we had to force him into a senior apt which he could find nothing happy about it all, it was lovely as we fixed it so nice for him.....he resisted everything, he died after a couple months in that lovely 1 bedroom apt..... oh well, everyone does their own life to a good degree....
  17. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Amen, Jam !! Time to give someone else this job !! Then let Sis and you know who make the decision. If they don't do it then you may have to do the hiring, JULIE. Not sure Sis an ? will much of anything. Sorry to sound so bad.

Hope you are doing well Jam. Missing so many this weekend.

Hugz,
    Granni
  18. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

You are right, Jam and Granni...lol, I figure if I post stuff on here, I am making it other people's business. I, most times, need smacked good and hard in the head :p for things to sink in. Well, watching my husband fall of the roof was the last straw. I am trying to not leave his side, any time he is up there.

Yes, they have a neighbor lady who would mow (and she and her husband have mowed two or three times already this year.) But she suddenly couldn't get to it (the last time) and I understand why...she commented about Sis and boyfriend just sitting up on the deck, watching her mow. She is very busy herself, with farm and job and grandkids so doesn't need another job (paying or otherwise). She was just being a good neighbor...but embarrassing (or whatever , I can't think of the word) to be treated like the "hired hand" when she is just trying to help out.

She doesn't take any pay for it...does it to help Gpa. But it is very weird to be mowing and have this very capable man (boyfriend) just sitting there, watching. I won't be going over any more...
  19. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Julie, I see that you just put too much energy into sis &....let them go, you can't control them. Aren't there any young people who could use a mowing job this summer?? Lots of people around these parts need work. jam
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - If there aren't any young people around to ask the ask the neighbor and give them some $ even if they don't want any. It must take some time to do it. However, if you look around or advertise for someone there should be someone willing to earn some $. If the neighbor doesn't want to do it all the time ask if she would do it until you find someone. Advertise ! There must be someone in the area wiling to do it ad make me $. Yes, going over there just gets you upset and maybe one of them living with grandpa will be shammed into doing it - think so? Probably not but one never knows, miracles sometimes do happen:)! LOL

Gotta go , almost time for beddy bye or to watch something on TV with DH not that there is much.. Hang in there Julie !!! Now's the time with that new baby coming and you need to try and stay well..
    o
    Night tall !!

Luv,
    Granni