Porch Volume 730 is now CLOSED!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ConfusedInPA, Jul 23, 2014.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Sun, I remember your post a while back....my daughter was in a stressful 17 yr marriage, and the kids felt the stress too. You know I mentioned their dad passed last yr at 55, the shock was great for everyone, but honestly my daughter and her children are in so much of a more relaxed state, mentally and physically. They wanted to love their dad and be accepted so much by him, but it was so difficult, and I won't go into things again.

You will figure things out and go on and keep good memories....I even have good memories from my short controlling marriage....

Tart cherry did nothing for me, I think I took the capsules on 2 different occasions...I still buy the cherry juice, glass bottle, at TJ's and put a splash in my MSM drink every day, along with aloe gel.

My shoulders are both in not great shape, but surgery is out of the question for me.....I continue with acupuncture weekly, this week 2 times, and they put needles for the shoulder area too, as well as knee and foot which is the MAIN issue.

Hang in, hang on. And stay positive. jam
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Kids

Sunflower, I'm glad to hear that your family is with you. And that your relatives are
    helpful and supportive. (Unlike mine or those of Edd Byrnes.) I think all modern
    houses should have an office. Complete with office machines like fax, copier, etc.
    The amount of paper work generated for a family today is astonishing.

Very nice of your neighbor to bring wine and the phalaenopsis. My boss's wife had
    an artificial phalaenopsis in her office. She never could remember the name. Musta
    asked me a dozen times over the years. I kept telling her the common name was
    moth orchid, but she just ignored that.

Being the owner's wife had its perks. She came in for 2 or 3 hours week and chatted
    with people. Went around telling the folks in the accounting department to be
    sure and have the pay checks ready on time. For this she was paid a salary of
    $75,000 a year. And that was 20 years ago.

BTW, I tried some sort of tart cherry juice or pills or something years ago. Didn't
    do anything for me either.

Mikie, I guess Kookie was always combing his hair. He's doing it on the cover of his
    bio. And you can hear a duet on Youtube with Edd and Connie Stevens singing
    "Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb". I only knew Edd from his appearance in "Grease".
    He spent only 3 pages on the movie in his book. He said the producers wanted Dick
    Clark for the role, but Clark wanted too much money so Edd got the job instead.
    He did have nice things to say about John Travolta. Said Olivia Newton John was too
    shy to talk to him.

Looked up lightning sensors on the net. Never heard of them before. Stupid search engine
    gave me hits on "lighting" sensors. When I finally found an article on what I wanted, it
    was too technical for my small brain to comprehend. Well, I'm feeling extra depressed and
    sluggish this morning anyhoo.

Oops! Just remembered. It's Friday morning. Gotta check and make sure that Gordon's
    car is parked on the correct side of the street. I know mine is; I moved it yesterday. I got
    a $70 ticket some time back. I was on the proper side, but I had to pick up some pills at
    the drugstore. When I got back home my addled brain forgot, and I wound up on the
    wrong side.

All the government fees in the city and state have gone way up. Both are in mucho debt.
    The figures they release bounce around. The city is 30 million in debt. Then a few months
    later it's only 6 millions. Then...etc. Very likely nobody actually knows anyhoo. Just
    that it's a big number.

Hugs to everydobby
    Rock
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Another quick HI to awl !!! Just wanted to pop in to see how things have been going. Again, so sorry to hear about SUN's dear hubby. That is always such a stressful thing, to watch some dear family member slowly go down hill and then pass on. We also had that many years ago when my DH's dear mom passed on after ovarian cancer. We saw her get so frail and weak with never a complaint out of her. Maybe in some ways it was good that she did not suffer a long time. The whole thing was maybe 6 mos. but that was way to long anyway :(.

SUN - Hope things are going fairly well for you., all things considered. Glad you children have been helpful. I know if my DH were to pass on I would be at a loss too . Plus loving him he also does so much of the financial stuff that is the stuff that a confuses me. It is more than the usual checkbook which is no problem for me ):!! Hugz to you my dear friend. !

It is so wonderful that everyone is supportive of SUN and her family. This is indeed a place to be with loving and supportive friends. You can vent also if needed which is a wonderful plus.

Having a nice visit with DD and family but there is lots of work to do here even though I am not doing much this visit. Just finishing up some wash and did a bit of dusting yesterday. Early this a.m. DH sand I took a walk while it was still a bit cool or much cooler. It is supposed to be about 100 degrees today. DH needs the computer soon so I need to get off.

Mikie - Thanks for mentioning the newsletter. I used to get them but do not any more, not sure why. Do I need to sign up again? I think that they are free. Do they come email or snail mail?? Might be interested in trying the tart cherry to see if it will help my inflammation or OA. Right now can't afford stuff like acupuncture or more chiro RX's . My daughter has been taking acupuncture and I think they have helped her some but they have more $ than we do but now that they will be moving to TX who knows. Her hubby tells there they will be on a budget :)!! We will see. I see you are busy as a beaver and I hope you do not need shoulder surgery. I know about those who had back surgery and shoulder surgery. The back surgery does not always help and the friend has shoulder surgery 3x I think and none of them have worked. She is much older than you I know. Can you believe they wanted her to do it again but she said NO. She is in her 80's I know.

Julie - Hope you are feeling a little better and have gotten to rest. How can you with everything going on around her. I love DD's keyboard. I can just type away without to many mistakes and that it doesn't miss letters and sometimes words. It is probably the older keyboard with raised letters and numbers. That seems to work better. it is more like the old typewriters. Hang in there and hope you will feel better soon.. I hope you are able to not crash anymore after eating. The stress you have been under surely can be contributing, I think.

Rock and SW - Hope you both have founds some NRG. I really don't have to much either but keep on plugging on. Maybe if I stayed in bed and suffered some I would get some more sympathy.:D he he

Thinking of everyone. DH needs the computer now. Hope to check in later or tomorrow. I have had a very hard time today getting into our server to send us our e-mails that we have gotten on our computer at home. Finally did !! If we don't do that and delete we end up with so many on our computer when we get home.

BTW, Our daughter that hopes to move here will have their open house tomorrow afternoon. However, they had an interested couple that came yesterday evening and mentioned something about possibly moving in to rent until they possibly closed. I know they wished for a Master BR on the bottom floor but all BR's are on top floor. However, it is a lovely good sized house that had been completely redone with new kitchen. So I am sure that has helped. The realtor is supposed to come to talk to them today with details on what the couple might want. So we will see, plus the open house tomorrow. Hope they get a good deal. May know more later today. Sounds like they need something pretty darn quick. If so DD may get a good deal.

Gotta run for now.

Love to awl,
    Granni :)
  4. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi guys! I made it through yesterday..."crashed" right after I ate breakfast/lunch, but decided to try to mow anyway. I figured that was the least strenuous thing on my chore list and if I could get around the yard without falling off the mower, that would be great ;) Ended up getting all the riding mower part done...good thing, it has rained a lot since very early this morning.

I had cancelled my out of town chiro appt. for today...didn't know when Sis and ? would bring Gpa here. Glad I did...they must have had him all packed up already...the wedding was at 10:00 am (30 minutes away) and they dropped him off at 10:40.

Poor Gpa was exhausted...he wouldn't have had any lunch, etc. till someone got home to my house. Lindsey has a doctor appt., so would have been gone too. He said he hated for me to change my plans because of him...but I think it was the right thing to do.

As soon as he wakes up from his nap, we are going to the animal shelter. I decided to go ahead and get the older dog that Keira fell in love with. I figure if a kid likes a dog, that must be the one. :)

I could tell Den was disappointed that I didn't go get her yesterday...when he got home last night he actually parked by the house and walked clear across the yard where I was mowing...to ask if I had "surprised" him with a dog. So, tonight he will really be surprised!

Hope everyone is doing okay today. Lindsey has an OB appt. and one of her best friends was going to drive her there...an hour from us. David is home with the kids. The kids room was done enough that they spent last night in there...Lorraine loves it and the twins slept all night too!

Today, Lindsey got her and David's bedroom all organized again and they now have room for the baby. So things are kind of falling in place. She is almost 37 weeks, so could go just about any time.

I really haven't been much help to them this time...but they are seeing how well they can do on their own ;)

Better go get ready for our new family member...the dog's name is April, I will try to post a pic later.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Sun, yes, I remember. I was married to the King of PA Ville. It is sooooo stressful and over time, it can tie one's muscles up in knots--literally. I know everything is going warp speed right now while you and the kids are trying to straighten things out but I hope when it's quieter, you can take some time just for yourself. Maybe meditate in your lovely little garden.

I can't remember when I had my other shoulder done but I think it's been about a year. It had a bone spur. I saw the doc today. It was one of those days at the office. My appt. was at 11:15 and I left at 2:00. Something told me to take my pillow as there is nowhere comfy to sit in the little rooms. The exam table has a pillow but if I lie down, I need it for my knees. So, I took one of my bed pillows and had a nice little nap. I came home and took off the pillow case and put a clean one on it.

I am having an MRI on Mon. and am seeing the doc right afterward. He suspects impingement in which the opening in the shoulder for all the muscles and tendons in the rotator cuff area. If it closes up, as it tends to do in older people, it can rub on tendons and muscles and cause all kinds of inflammation. The remedy is a simple laproscopic surgery in which they go in through tiny incisions and just clip off the end of the shoulder bone to make more room for everything. Pretty much like my last surgery. Barb isn't here so I may have to put off surgery, if I need it, til the end of Aug. The doc injected it for now to give me some relief from the inflammation.

I haven't talked to the curmudgeon downstairs since he came up to apologize for being such an ass. I plan to see if someone can rebuild the wheel mechanism on the doors once it gets cooler. I stopped at Lowe's on the way home and got some silicone spray for the tracks for now.

I'm glad you are surrounded by family and, especially, kids. They can really keep things moving along and they are so funny and fun even during a sad time. I am so glad to see you coming here to be with your Online Family too. We are all with you in Spirit.

Rock, I downloaded "Standing In The Rainbow" and started reading it at the doc's office. I got so sleepy I had to stop and take a nap while I waited. I love her writing and just what little I read was sooooo good. Geez, it was like going back to my own early childhood. I remember people taking in boarders. I also remember all the women listening to the radio shows all day while they did their housework. Women had to work so hard, as did many men, but Moms weren't driving their kids to play dates and activities all day. If someone told me as a kid that a Mom had made a date with another Mom for the kids to play, I would have thought it very insane. Why not just go out and play with the kids in the hood? Just be home when the street lights come on. In some ways, life was better but in some ways, it wasn't. No tolerance and lots of judgment back then. You pretty much had to conform to the community stds. or your were a pariah. On the other hand, people had better manners back then. Fanny Flagg's books are a bit more expensive than some others so I only downloaded that one for now. Thanks for the suggestion.

As always, I send my love, hugs and prayers to all our Porchies.

Love, Mikie

Well, did it again. After I posted, it said there were more unread posts. I am in major pain right now so will come back later to read and respond to everyone else.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  6. springwater

springwater Member

Sun - good to know your family is there and things getting handled..yr sons friend seems swamped by admirers..lucky guy..

Sometimes I can sense spirit attachments around people so I guess yr sons friends friend was smudging him just in case, it is said more entities , souls who don't move on hang around in bars pubs etched esp if they were alcoholics

Rock - those fines are heavy!! Wish there was some respite for those with genuine memory lapses ..I hv managed to hang on to my groceries when shopping ..and umbrella..I was always leaving things behind..

Mikie - hope the shoulder is better..maybe yr astrological chart shows a bit of rough weather in this phase...one would think ..we would get a break if we lived a good blameless life as I'm sure most here hv ... The whole of life is a mystery..I'm finding out now..not like they taught us when we were little

Those fur babies of yrs sure keep u on yr toes..I love watching animals ..except when they are destructive..one of my doggies is always fighting with the rest..but I try to treat him same as the others

Julie - good to hear you got the yard done ..even feeling groggy..that's how I'm going about my cooking here..bumbling around in a haze..is Amy bit better and Keira? Pls take care of yrself..I'm excited to see yr new doggie! Can understand Dens anticipation n how wonderful a doggie is getting a loving new home

Granni ..I hope yr daughter finds just the right home..how nice to be having a child move closer to you
    Are you having a good visit..around the area going places? Thank you for the info re constipation..

Jamin - I'm glad it worked out alright with yr DD and DGKs..I remember you used to stress over them some years ago..nice to see some good things happening

Its it's truly monsoon season here..lots of rain..cooler at least

Yesterday I didn't hv to cook coz DH had won this golf prize dinner fr two but the hotel agreed to send the meal over in plastic containers and we had a nice varied indianmeal ..curries, prawn, rice and sweet dishes ..and a heavenly cheesecake

Ui am being careful though on account of my stomach..learnt it pays to be cautious

Well the dawn has turned into morning and chores beckon take care u all
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  7. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Just have a few minutes, but wanted to introduce you to our new dog, April. Not sure if we are keeping the name...she doesn't come when we call her and Den would like to have a different one.

Keira was so excited when I "snap-chatted" her a video. We let the other kids meet her this evening as we all played outside. When she let Liora take her for a walk, that pretty much sealed the deal :)

I think Red Mittens will eventually like her...even if she did jump up on Red Mittens' couch, lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotta go get Gpa Denzyl settled in. Will check in when I can.
    ConfusedInPA and paulac7 like this.
  8. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Ahhh, what a pretty dog, pretty girl too. jam
  9. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Sun, I just read here about your husband and I'm so sorry to hear this. I want you to know that I'm praying for you and your family. Take care of yourself and be sure to get lots of rest. You have a wonderful family. Thinking of you, GB
  10. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Julie, Great Pics! Best mowed lawn I ever did see.

And isn't April a pretty dog. I'm sure she'll turn out to be April Love, a boone to the
    family.

Hugs everydobby
    Rock
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - I love that pic of your new doggie, April aka whatever else you change her name too:)!! Is that little Liora with April or Lorraine? Such a beautiful child and pic of the new doggie. Hope things settle down some for you all and that Lindsey and David have their new baby soon. Are they getting antsy to have her/him. Guessing that they do not know the sex yet. Have they picked out names for both a boy and girl so they are ready when he/she is born? Hope you are starting to feel somewhat better than the way you had been feeling. Thanks for posting those cute pics.

Mikie - Sorry to hear that you might have some surgery even if it laporoscopic. Maybe it will be gone or almost better when Barb gets back. When does she get home??

Sun - Still thinking about and praying for you, DH and family. The man I was speaking of that we know just passed on the other day. I just found that out on my phone. So many people to pray for nowadays. God bless you all It is so hard to now what to say other that I /WE love you sweetie !!

Rock - So glad to see you posting. At least you found enough NRG to post.

Spring Water - Your welcome I hope that you can find Benefiber or its equivalent/generic where you live.

Jam - Hope you are feeling OK or not feeling any more pain and discomfort.

I need to go and check our mail so I can get on to the server. Yesterday time I had a lot of problems but finally got on .

Went shopping with DD today to the grocery store so she doesn't have to go tomorrow. We leave tomorrow bright and early and will be home probably early afternoon or lunchtime, if all goes well.

Love to you ALL,

Granni :)
  12. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Active Member

THIS PORCH VOLUME IS NOW CLOSED! PLEASE POST ON VOLUME 731, WHICH I WILL OPEN SHORTLY.

THANKS, Y'ALL!

DIANE