Porchies....Thx for being my morninig cup of coffee

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jinlee, Feb 21, 2008.

1. jinlee

jinlee Member

Normally I lurk more than write because I can't think of something great to say or I just feel to crappy.

You get my day going so thanks to all those responsible. Kind of like a radio show, "The Porchie" morning show....

You are a great anti-depressant!

Since you have been going over old sayings and such, I have one. What does "vem and vinegar" mean? I remember my grandpa and dad saying it having to do with logging with horses and my dad always said it about the horses we had. Inquiring mind wants to know!

The sun is beconning me to go do something. I will go to mailbox today, got to get the new Netflix order coming today. Our son got us a year's subscription for Christmas present.

I must admit the blood red moon and lunar eclipse we saw last night was spectacular. I went outside in the freezing night and watched for almost an hour (i tried to go in but my family had "locked" the door and then proceded to take pictures of the look of shock and awe on my face that they would do such a thing). I was sure glad I was not on the ranch anymore and didn't have any chores to do in the cold weather. Brrrr......

Well, better get started with my day as it is almost noon.

Take care everyone,
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Well if you are looking to the meanings of old sayings, this one is easy if you have been around long enough (-: !!

"Vim and vinegar" - that means vim and vigor or energy. We, on this board usually have little of it (-: !!

Glad some of us could help to wake you up in the morning. To tell the truth I don't have that much "vim and vinegar" either -just leep plodding along.

Come visit us on the porch sometimes. You really don't have to say much. It'll come to you - I promise. We're not to picky and don't have to have or give any great words of wisdom either. Although someone at one time or neither will give one !!! We can also be pretty goofy too.

Hugs and blessings,

3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Granni is right, it just comes to you when you start typing and thinking of how you day went. I love the porch and have been very welcomed on it for about 2 weeks now and feel like they are family to me, especially Granni, Mrdad (Joe), Carla, Marta, Rock, Lydia, Linda, Julie, etc..... I am sure i missed some of them.

It is just so much fun to talk to all of them
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I always thought it was, piss and vinegar?? Did my family get it wrong??

That how i grew up hearing it. It was usally said right before we got put to work for having to much of it.

I only wish i could have that problem now!!
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

There used to be lots of chatty shows on radio that provided company to housewives. They could cook and clean. paying close attention was not necessary.

Have you read Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg? It has a show like that in the story. Broadcast from the host's home.

Granni's right. Not too much vim and vinegar around these parts. We all just keep trudging best we can.

Glad you joined us on the porch. Now don't touch that dial; stick around and smile.