PORCHLIGHT 251 IS now klozed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cromwell, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

[This Message was Edited on 06/11/2008]
    tOOK THREE ATTEMPTS TO GET THIS RIGHT![This Message was Edited on 06/11/2008]
    MAKE THAT FOUR ATEMPTS!!![This Message was Edited on 06/11/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2008]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

why I do not usually close and open porch posts. I get it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong.

I am off to bed. Tried to dig the new veg garden some, phew. Sending for a pro with a digger!!!

Love Annie
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

All you need is a little practice.

That's what they told the guy when the nailed the barrel shut and pushed it into the river.

Here's a little humor from the hometown (LeRoy,MN) paper to get us started. Hartland has a new restaurant. It's called the Pelican Club. You get great food and a large bill.

That's a joke from Al Batt who has a column in the LeRoy paper. Al is described on the net as a writer, tv and radio personality, birdwatcher and I forget what all. "His mother thinks he's special."

I thought all this time "Hartland" was a mythical small town, but no, it's real. Not too far from Albert Lea, MN.

Albert Lea is another small town, but wait. You may have a connection w/ Albert Lea. "Me?" Yes, you. At one time it was home to Jostens, world's largest maker of class rings.

No matter where you went to school in the USA, there's a good chance your ring came from Jostens (which has now moved to Minneapolis).

Oops! Gordon just came home w/ news from the office that is rather alarming. He works in the mortgage business. Seems the office is having trouble meeting its payroll. Oh-oh!

Well, w/ the big boys losing millions and going belly-up, it's not surprising that a small company might have problems too. As usual, we will just have to see what happens.

All for now

4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

It took me awhile too and if I can do it you can too sweetie. One of the tricks, I think is , to start really early so you don't get caught in the door or two or three people are trying to turn off lights and turn them on all at the same time. That is not always easy and I have screwed up more than one or two. That is why I didn't even want to try it after awhile(-: !!

The last couple times I did it I think it finally worked out OK. So, now I am brave and so should you be -aaack - that doesn't mean that I will not screw it up again either. I was afraid that SMG ws going to have to come back from her very long retreat and get me in really bad trouble (-: !!!

We are here now and that is all that counts !! Right !!

Hope you do not have to pay to much fora "digger" for a garden.

Georgia - So sorry you got so upset at work. It is terrible when you have to work in a toxic enviornment. It certainly is not a good thing for your health. Sorry you missed the party but you had to go to work so you are excused my dear.

Rock - Sorry to hear that there may be problems with Gordons office (work). I hope his job is not in jeopardy.

Sorry all that the party is over with but it sure was fun, considering the fact that I missed some of it but I did get to come to some and even perform.

What is this I hear that someone stole our dance costumes and someone else (whipped up some shawls for us on a spinning wheel
    GEORGIA YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THAT OLD POST ON THE PARTY VOLUME. Hmmm - you said you weren;t there but your spinning wheel might have been. Do you still have yours ???(-: !!

Well everyone I am so very tired and I feel like I could sleep without my meds. I was in the pool a bit today and got alot of sun even considering the facta I was under the umbrella alot. It wwas probably in the high 90's today. All the boys were very picnk today after their swims and playing with friends that they also met last year from the golf camp who are gkids of my friends. The collapsed upstairs too without much help.

Hope to see y'all tomorrow,

5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

----everyone? I woke up in the bushes this today and
    no one was around? Must have been a better PORCH Party
    than I can remember. I may need a "hair of the dog"! Another
    O'Douls please!

Georgia, ya know I'd be more than happy to send Guido up your
    way to have a little "talk" with the boss. Why do they always
    abuse their position and alienate the people who work hard
    and contribute so much to a successful day at work? (Oh, I do
    have your new Email addy!) Think "Capitol Corridor" b-4 your
    early retirement! Ya know what I'm sayin? So glad you found
    Mr.M !! You seem just wonderful for each other.

Annie, sounds like you've over done things again. Rest up
    in time to be freshly attentive for the U.S. Open! Starts
    tomorrow me thinks? Don't know if the 1st couple of days
    are on the non cable Telly Stations though. I may get it
    on my "Sports Cable Channel" ifin' I'm fortunate.

Guido suggested today that 'cause I'm just under 6ft. tall,
    he doesn't think I qualify for either the Obama or McCain Vice
    Presidential "short list"! Oh boy! And the sad part is, I taught Him everything I know!! What isn't next, hah?

Well, you Kids in the Mid-West have too much water and out
    here in the West, we're on FIRE again California. Cal just
    had the driest Spring in 100 years. Gonna be a long Season
    here as it's just getting started. Arnold declared the
    State in Drought. No more glasses of restaurant H-2-0 I guess. Did you know that our Governor works in Sacramento
    but commutes by plane to his home in So. Cal almost everyday? With Maria cooking, no husband would dare be late
    for dinner me thinks?

Jodie: Congrats to Cody! Glad he has chosen to start College right away! What plans do you have for the Summer?
    Warm up there today. Has George Hamilton showed up yet to
    use your pool? Hope he showed some class and showed up
    with a gal of "T-Bird" and some Chips!! (And He always
    brings His Mother along, ya notice)?

I'll tell ya, Kids, I was so naive and innocent 'til
    I met yose guys on the PORCH! Now it's PARTY, PARTY,
    PARTY and more PARTY! And O'Douls by the Keg'gar!

Well, gonna get this day started. It is still mornin'
    isn't it?

6. ckball

ckball New Member

and all the beverages too. He is sleeping in the hayloft.

I feel like I moved a mountian today, oh yeh I did! I ran out of steam too early. Didn't pace enough during the day.

So now I have to get up early to miss the sun on that side of the house. I am building my rock garden which means I get to move it from point a to point b by cart.

The whirlpool did help a bit and am ready to crash too I'll turn out the light but the candle is still on for any late nighters.

Glad a good time was had by all and can't wait to do it again soon-Nity-Nite-Carla
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---just "Google" The Capitol Corridor and it will come up
    with a page of Stations and Schedules etc. It's main Stat.
    is in Old Town Sacra., Davis etc. and lets ya off in Emeryville where they bus you across to the SF Ferry Building
    and other downtown locations! The trip is a real delight!

See you and MR M. on the "Landing"!

8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Hi everyone, seems these posts are just flying by.

Annie - Thanks for getting us started even though it was a tough one for you. LOL

Georgia - I am so sorry for you to have to deal with employees like that. There is nothing worse than hating the place you work at. Hopefully, you can find something else with the same pay. Fortunately for me, the place where I work is awesome, everyone is great and it is so laid back. I have been here for about 20 years and have seen people come and go here. However, I think the people that are here now have been here for at least 5 years or more. No one wants to leave. I think you should tell your boss where to go (only if you don't get fired over it).

Rock - You are right about Jostens, that is where I got my daughter's class ring. I think I went through them too for the graduation announcements, can't remember. Oh well, it was somewhere. LOL

GRANNI - Sounds like you are having a great time with your grandsons. Having young ones around really is good for you at times. However, it is nice that you can give them back. LOL Everynight when I get home from work after dinner, I head straight for the pool. It is so relaxing. It has been in the 90's here too, so the water is perfect. Also, it is SALTWATER (hardly any chlorine) so it is very safe, and makes your skin so soft and hair so soft. I love it.

MRDAD - By the way, I think George Hamilton was at my pool. I was wondering why I found those dark sunglasses at the bottom of the pool.

So you think you were naive and innocent, hahahaha. That's not what Guido tells us.

ELAINE - That was a bummer to be so excited about picking up your friends boxes and then finding out it is all junk. WOW and you thought it was really going to be neat stuff. That stinks. Oh well, hopefully the next time someone offers stuff it will be much better. By the way, those jello shots did have alcohol in them. Jerome saved some for me and I had them last night in the pool and lucky I was on a raft otherwise I might have drowned. LOL

Carla - I hope you rest up so you can get your energy back. Sounds like you overdid it again. I hope the whirlpool will help. I know when I get in the pool and turn the jets on it really helps when I sit on one of the benches and let the water shoot on my tender points. It helps so so much. I wish you could get some help with you rock wall. By the way it looks great, I looked at your profile.

Hello all my other wonderful porchies. Rise and shine, it is a beautiful day and it is Thursday already. This week flew by. I guess that was because I was off on Monday. Hooray.

Love you All

9. rockgor

I started the day by trying to do something about the feral kittens. Not sure how old they are. They are still nursing, but are old enough to munch on kibble too.

One of them has runny eyes. Tried to go to the drugstore to buy boric acid yesterday, but couldn't find my keys. It is impossible for my keys to disappear since I always put them on the rear corner of the table when I come in the house.

Haha. Anyway they are gone. When Gordon drove me to the drugstore last night, we were told boric acid is no longer sold. Too dangerous. Well, then, what has replaced it? Nothing! You can try saline solution.

I'm sure if I call one of the mercenary vets around here, they'll tell me I have to bring the cats in. Last year when I called about shots for a cat I was told I would have to pay $99 for tests and then pay additionally for the shots.

As Mickey posted, a billion doesn't go far these days. Mickey, please read the rules (upper right hand corner). Don't know if you can etc.

Erick Knight, British author, (who wrote Lassie) wrote another book in the 40s in which he said a billion was calculated in England differently than in the States. It was a bigger number in England.

MrDad, Arnold flies almost every day? Is that how he keeps in touch w/ the little people? When I was a kid we had a teacher who commuted 11 miles between villages. We were amazed at the long distance.

Elaine, you youngsters sure know how to have a good time. Carla, don't wear yourself out. You know what Edna St. Vincent Millay said about burning that candle at both ends.

Thanks for geography lesson, Julie. I think if I were in your shoes I'd be clicking my heels together and planning on going home.

Well, there's some roast beef in the fridge. Think I'll make an omelet.

Gracious, dignified waves to all my friends.

10. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Uh Oh, did I do something wrong. What did you mean by "please read the rules" I am sorry if i did something wrong. Now I am worried or maybe that went over my head. I am blonde you know (and real).

Anyway, I think you and Gordon are so sweet for taking care of those little kitties. I hope they get better.

Well Porchies I am off to lunch. I think I will go shopping for clothes, my favorite pasttime. I would rather save my money by skipping going out to lunch everyday and bringing my lunch and eating at my desk. That way I can buy an outfit a week instead. LOL

11. rockgor

I mean "read the rules". I don't think you can post about politics or religion. However, I am not a moderator and don't want to be telling you what to do. I'm trying to be subtle. My mother used to say, "It's as subtle as the "B" in subtle.

I washed the kitten eyes w/ the same over the counter eye drops I use. They already have personalities.

They objected a bit to the procedure. One yowled loudly. One made a small noise. The others were silent. I gave them canned food to distract them Three gobbled it up and one ran and hid between the fridge and the wall.

Now they are back outside, playing in Gordon's flowers.

We can only do what we can do. You know that's true because it's a tautology.

Hope you find something wonderful while shopping. I used to loved to shop for used records at thrift stores, etc. It was like a treasure hunt.

12. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

to check in. I hope all are doing well. I am going to drag myself up today and wash my car.

That should tie me up for several hours, wash a little, take a break, wash a little. My son will help me but it is one of my least favorite chores.

Ta Ta,

13. Granniluvsu

with the boys to a little "island" the call it where we can just pul over and eat a picnic dinner (hopefully it will not be to hot at that time> That is why we are not going for lunch. Then the boys can play in the water there too. Glad we have friends with Gkids they can play with and also have a boat too. Tht provides lots of entertainment for sure. DH will miss the fun and will go to a meeting.

Glad everyone survived the party. It surely got a little wild and wooley there for awhile, even needed GEORGIA'S spinning wheel.

Rock -I missed the part where you got the kitties. I guess they were lost and you found them someplace. That should provide some entertainment for botu you and the kitties.

Mickey - I wish i had al your energy girl but that is a good way to get money to buy good things - eat lunch at work that you brought with you.

Bevy - O just read you post and forgot what you were going to be doing today. Boy what a great memory I have (-: !!

Julie - How nice that you will be coming home. Yes, Youo have done alot for those people and those who are staying are cntinuing on. How wonderful that is. That would be a changing experience to help all those people in need.

Don't really have the time to post to all individually as I need to press on and fold some clothes before we go anywhere.

Love and hugs to ALL, Granni

14. ckball

ckball New Member

You will be happy to know I am now planted on the couch and bouncing around the board. I haven't had a lot of free time to do that in a while.

I finally figured out what I had to do to post my video's on yourube. I had to compress them and finally figured it out.

I did get up early to move rocks from the side of the house to the area where the rock garden will be. But it got too hot so I came in and pick up around the house and will rest until it is ride time.

Granni hope you have a good time on the boat but don't go overboard.

Annie dig you fall in a veggie hole

Mickey- I use to do the same thing on my lunch hour. Always ate at my desk then the mall was 1/2 mile from my office. I always loved a good sale, as a single gal that was all I could afford. Loved Marshall's TJ Max and Value CIty.

Now I have traded my designer clothes for Wally's sweats, shorts and T's. I gave all my clothes to freinds and Goodwill and only kept a few basics for weddings, funerals, ect.

Bevy hope you get your car washed without too much energy used.

Well I just got a call from my water co, telling me my water usage went up 7300 GALLONS this month, my bill is usually $16 a month, this month it will be $58. I told her I have been trying to grow grass and she laughed.

It was nice of them to call, they wanted to make sure I didn't have a undetected water leak. But will have the neighbor guy that helps me go under and look just to make sure.

Well I didnt do this in my email and have now forgotten what everyone wrote and need a nap and watch Ellen at the same time, I keep one eye open :) Take care Carla
  15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Rock, I guess you are right. Some people might take offense to it. It was actually a joke that someone sent to me by email here at work.

I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Anyway, I deleted it. I am going to cry now. I would never hurt/offend anyone on purpose.

thanks Rock for pointing this out to me. I have really been messing up lately.

Carla - Yes, my mall is 1/2 mile away too and there is a tj max and marshalls right down the street, my favorite places. Oh and of course Kohls, I love love that place. I wish I would have invested in stock with them. LOL

I get calls all the time from the water company, usually in the late spring, beginning of summer. That is when we usually start all the irrigation up at all of our shopping centers, so the water companies always call me to let me know that we are using more water than usual. I think that is great that they do that because sometimes it is because of a leak in one of the lines or it could be a water main pipe that burst.

Granni - Oh, i envy you. Going on the boat sounds like so much fun. I love doing that. I am definetly a water person. I used to water ski all the time. However, there is no way i could do that now. Although we did Jet Ski last summer at the lake and I really didn't feel too bad afterwards. That was a lot of fun. We are going again in August. One of my contractors lets us use his condo for free and his jet ski. It is awesome. My hubby and the girls love it too. It is a great 4 day getaway for us.

Have fun, relax, and be merry!!!!!

Love you all

[This Message was Edited on 06/12/2008]
  16. rockgor

No need to cry. It's just that the board has rules. We don't want to lose you, you know.

You know it's almost impossible to say anything nowadays w/o someone finding it offensive.

To Wit: On my first day on the job at a new law firm, I wanted a pleading copied. There were three secretaries chatting around the copy machine.

I didn't want to interrupt them, so I said, "Excuse me, girls," and made the copy myself. One of the females was so angry w/ me for saying "girls" she never spoke to me the entire time I worked there.

No doubt you've had similar experiences. Did you find any bargains on your lunch hour?

I bought a "individual pizza" the other day that was half price. Was it a bargain? No. Instead the the authentic Italian taste it promises, it has authentic mediocre taste.

It's the Celeste brand. Didn't they use to call it "Mama Celeste"? Maybe they're two different animals. Oh well.

Humor from the hometown paper:

Be nice to other people. They outnumber you by 7,000,000,000.

Wanna take your mind off your troubles? Wear tight shoes.

Das ist alles

17. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Awww Rock you made my day. Thanks, I would just die if I wasn't able to communicate with you Porchies.

I would loved to be called "girl" especially at my age. Wow, now that is what I call "snobby". I have no idea why they took that offensively.

I did find some deals today, my favorite store had 50% off on all their shorts, so I bought 2 pairs. So I figure that was about a week's worth of lunches. Pretty good deal if I say so myself.

You are so right about wearing tight shoes. I used to wear heels every day and boy oh boy try going to the mall in those. No can do anymore. You won't catch me in heels anymore.

Well, gotta go. I have to type up a lease document.
  18. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm sure most recall that I advocated de-regulation of the
    airlines, saving &loans and more recently the Mortgage Industry via this forum, and I'm still here!

MRDAD (The Unspun Zone) Remember, don't be a Jackanapes!

P.S. Which reminds me, how's Gordon today Rocky?
  19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Go to Juno.com website. I have dial-up for 19.95 a mo.

There is an additional initial setup fee but they sent ya

the modem quickly. I've been real happy with their Service!

If you have a problem you can actually speak with a kind

human being close by in INDIA!

MRDAD P.S. Georgia, the cable guy sounds like a real Jackanape to me!
  20. Granniluvsu

Well, dear Porchies DH left to bring the boys to their last day of Golf Camp. Not sure how soon he will be back so have to write quicly.

Hey I forget who wrote :

No more tests ( I think we said papers or pencils)

No more books,

No more teachers dirty looks ! Then I think we said:

No more tables,

No more chairs,

Kick the teachers down the stairs = or something else like tht. Gee we were a rowdy group weren't we??? Was it Rock who said that I forgot (the first part)??

Carla - Sorry that the stuff you friend gave you was not that usable after all that work or should I say worth selling. Sent you some notes! Hope you still have some NRG !!

Georgia - thanks for the shawls !! Sorry you have such a grumpy boss . That makes any juob that much worse !!!

Mickey - Have you survived the party (both of them)? Not wsure if you were here for the Porch Party or not. My brain has disappeared. Find any bargains on your shopping spree??

Not sure what we will be ding today, probably some more swimming for the kids somewhere. We will probably eat home - to much eating out esp since we will be eating out for an early Fathers Day when our daughter and ail come to pick up the boys tomorrow evening.

Can't think of what else to say esp since I just pushed the wrong key and cannot access the volume to see what everyone has written.

Hi and bye to everyone else inc Annie, Linda, Elaine, Lacy, Marta, Bevy, Joan, Rosie, Rock, Mrdad and whoever else I have forgotten. Bye for now !!

Blessings and hugs to everydobby,

[This Message was Edited on 06/13/2008]