Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pippi1313, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Everydobby has a big bowl of strawberries, some lemonade, & a kitty in their lap. (The puppies won't sit still. They're running around our feet.)
    & nodobby has any pain...

The little crock-pot over there is full of melted chocolate, for dipping our strawberries in. :)

Ain't the porch peaceful tonight???

[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2009]
  2. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I was so scared when I read the beginning of your post!!!

Oh, I wish I could say: GO! Don't take a chance like that! The earlier a serious problem is detected, the better the outcome!

But, sadly, I know the realities of financially-influenced decisions.

There has been a lot of discussion on financially-based health care, on the Chit-Chat board...

I agree with so many others. This system HAS to be changed.
    I only hope it isn't made worse, in our haste for change...

But still, I'm very concerned about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. springwater

springwater Active Member

Your poor cat..wish animals didnt have to suffer and could just peacefully pass away when
    their time comes.

Julie - thank goodness youre feeling a bit better today. Some flu bugs can be so vicious.
    he cold i have now is turning out to be worse than what i normally go thru. Hope it is okay soon.

Pippi - thanks for starting up...i think im gonna be sleeping most of the day today..i dont feel
    hungry, just vey hot and feverish.

Granni - good to hear you had a busy day yesterday and made it to the early morning programme.

God Bless

God Bless
  4. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Sweet SpringWater: That's some contageous bug! I think I caught it all the way over here. LOL! Nothin serious - just woke up with a low-grade fever. Since I don't feel too bad (just a bit feverish) maybe I'll only get the slight version... Or I could just go soak my head in a bucket of ice water & get over it. haha

Everydobby have a better-enough day!!!!

Check back later!

5. jole

jole Member

Sounds like everybodys on the down-side.....oh, how I dread winter!! It's always sooo much worse for me then, and right now I don't think it can get much worse....this past week has been miserable. I've been reading some, but no energy and too much pain to respond to anyone.

On the bright side.......
  6. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

My fever is back down!

7. bct

bct Active Member

Sorry, I brain-fogged out and asked question about my cat at the end of the last Porch. Please look there, I've got to lie down now, thank you, and will be back later.

8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Went to my line dancing this morning after talking to my doc and did some wash, That is my thrill for the day.

It seems that I will be having the TVT repair so I dont leak all over myself. The doc also gave me some medication to try for the bladder muscle spasms. it seems that I have a small bladder capacity (no kiding) and then when I have a spasm the rest just omes out - great!! That is along with my stress incontinence. At first I thought the surgery would be outpatient but now I am not sure especially since I believe she said that would also have an A and P repair (Anterior and Posterior Repair.). I need to talk to the doc about that but I have also been doing some investigating on line.

Barry - sorry you are having problemsw with your kitty. I haven;t gone back to check on the problem but just know thee was one. Hope he (or she will feel better soon.

Julie - Hope you are feeling better on your first day of work. Glad that you are only working 1/2 day. Masybe you can get a little shut eye in today in between all you errands, etc.

Pippi - Glad that your fever is down. You don't need any extra problems, do you?

Jole - Sorry you are feeling so badly. Yes, I drread winter also but it has been nice here lately in the mornings anyway before getting warm (hot) again but not quite as bad as it has been We will take whateer we can get. I cannot stand COLFD weather. Like 50 is cold for me - sorry to all of you peeps that love the cold weather and snow and all that. Grew up in snow and I am just as glad to not have any more. Yes, it does look pretty but you have to clean up the mess when it thaws, off the cars and such and my body just cannot stand it any more.

Georgia - Hope you can find your kitty and that she is OK. Poor little thing !

Sweet Spring Water - Hope you are feeliong better today and haven't come down with anything to bad. Anything else bad added to what we all already have is not a good thing.

Hope that everydobby else is doing OK ! Thinking fo all those MIA and for good reasons to - like Elaine, Carla. Thinking about both of you . Drop in when you can and let us know how you both are doing.

I know CARLA has been trying to draw and paint with alot of her NRG zapped. Hope some of it came back. Enjoy your granddaughter to until she leaves for Germany. Not sure if she has gone yet or not.

ELAINE - Hope the chemo is not getting you down to much. I am sure you don;t want to do any cart wheels but just enought to do a bit of sewing and catching up on the Porch.

9. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Julie: In our family, somebody always shows up with a big pot of chili after the funeral.

(Feeds more peeps than a pie, too! LOL!)

When anybody passes, we can always count on Funeral Chili.

I wonder what everydobby else's "official funeral food" is...
  10. teacher

teacher New Member

If everybody had an ocean
    Across the U.S.A.
    Then everybody'd be surfin'
    Like Californi-a
    You'd seem 'em wearing their baggies
    Huarachi sandals too
    A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
    Surfin' U.S.A.

You'd catch 'em surfin' at Del Mar
    Ventura County line
    Santa Cruz and Trestle
    Australia's Narabine
    All over Manhattan
    And down Doheny Way

Everybody's gone surfin'
    Surfin' U.S.A.

Good evening everyone!

I'm sure you're all wondering about the surfin' tune and how it applies. It applies because I took part in that new sport, Urban Surfin'. Never heard of it, you say? Well, let me tell you that you're missing out on all the fun!

I tried it yesterday when Niece and I were headed out of her dorm to the store to get her some batteries. She was carrying trash and I was returning an empty box to my car.

I took a step and the next thing I knew, I was face down on the side walk, which was on a slight incline, heading down the hill.

That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is Urban Surfin'.

I must say that I performed in a most ladylike manner. My purse did not leave my shoulder.

Niece hit the panic button and wanted to go get some men she saw across the parking lot to peel me up. I nixed that in a hurry!

Then this couple that was out for their evening walk came up and asked if we needed any help. Before I could say "No", Niece said that I needed help up. All I REALLY needed was a wet paper towel because I had skinned my knee.

She left to the the towel and the man insisted on helping me up. Can we say "Embarrassing"?

When she came back, they walked on and I put the towel on my knee.

A golf cart rolls up.

It's the basketball coach. The lovely walking couple saw him puttering about and stopped him and told him that I had fallen. He came over to check out the happenings. He then informed me that he had called Security and they would be there soon.

I told him that all I needed was a band-aid. He drove off to the training facilities to fetch the appropriate items. It turned out that he did not cancel Security. They drove up in a bright red SUV just as he drove off.

Security hops out and asks if he needs to call the squad. By this time, I had had it with all the fuss. I asked Security if the squad guys were cute. He said they were. So then I asked if they were single. He said he couldn't guarantee that. I told him not to bother to call since I didn't have time to be bothered with married men.

By this time, the basketball coach was back. AND Niece is on the phone with Mom, giving her a play by play. <sigh>

I burn my knee with the alcohol wipe, spread on the Neosporin, and stick on the band-aid.

My hands hit the ground too, but they were just bruised a bit. My ankle wasn't sprained, just a bit twisted.

Then, before I could go, Security had to get my information. I guess he had to fill out an accident report. <sigh>

So, everyone goes their separate ways. Event over. Or so I thought.

After we get back from the store, I get ready to leave. I get halfway to my car and here comes Security again. With a camera!

He's taking a picture of the place where I fell!

But wait! There's more!

Niece told me this morning that there was a possibility that I would make the school newspaper. I had her explain.

It seems that there is a small section of the school paper that is dedicated to emergency Security runs.

I told her that if it is listed, to get a paper and I would autograph it for her.

I was joking when I said that next year I was gonna get "Two Men and a Truck" to move her in. I think my wish is gonna come true for real!

That was my weekend! I hope you're all doing fine!

11. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you... But I sure am laughing!!!!!

OMG! You sure can tell a story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All that fuss for a boo-boo! LOL!

12. springwater

Barry - so you are also not feeling too good, join the crowd...with me, Georgia,Jole,Julie,Pip
    and Teacher who had a fall.

Hope everyones health goes on the upswing soon.

Where is our Rock? I hope Gordons injury is not keeping him from posting here.

And Mickey - busy looking after Ashley.

Missing them. And Joan too

Im slightly better. I say that cautiously. Dont want to tempt fate. I downed some meds.
    Two nights have been horrible because of the head ache and body soaking in sweat.
    Had me a right good bath this morning. Then i took a lift from DH and ordered the curtains.
    Confirmed the prints and colours. I am happy to think i got one thing done.

But i came straight back. Our city too has now 31 cases of swine flu. Covered my mouth n nose. Not taking chances.

Our power went off from last night and came back only in the morning. I found all the sausages
    in the fridge rotten.

Barry i hope you and Georgias cats recover. And are not in any pain.

Julie - good to know you started work pretty good and Keira didnt make a fuss. Its just wonderful..a new start. Do you remember how you had applied and it didnt happen and now
    this job, just right for you, dropped into your lap? God is good.

Granni - well i hope the procedures go off well. How long will the surgery take do you think?

Pip - good to hear the fever is gone.

Teacher - i would love to have a caring niece like yours...

God Bless

13. ckball

ckball New Member

First I am so sorry to read that so many are suffereing right now. I hope non has the swine flu. A interenet friend I have know for 10 years died last week of the swine flu. Some of you may remember Rosiebud- she is recovereing from it herself, she said 65 people in Scotland have died from it- So PLEASE take care and go to a Dr if you can.

Rosie also is a brand new grandma of a 9lb 10 oz little (well not so little) girl named Lilly. I know she wouldn't mind me sharing this. Her daughter had 4 miscarriages before having Lilly so they are thrilled. She has stopped coming to the board as she found herself giving too much of her time here and not enough for Dh and he is a great guy. Plus they re-did there entire kitchen over the last 8 weeks.

As far as me-I am finally over my flare!!! It has been a week now so I am declaring it official. It also happened to be the same time that my Rhuemy took me off lexapro and put me on cymbalta. Coinwinkiedink I don't know but the brain fog is gone and I have more energy.

So I have been busy playing catch up, I had let so many things go while I was sick that I couldn't stand it. Yes, I have been playing with paint-I have been reading a book on exerimental art techniques which is way out of my comfort zone but I am going to try one today.

My grandaughter did make it to Germany on Sat and don't expect to hear much from her this week as her DH is on vacation and they are house hunting. So told EVERYONE she is not talking to ANYONE her first week there other than an occasional post on FB to let us know she is alive. I don't blame her at all and would do the same thing if I had a cute new hubby-lol.

I got my test results and everything was negative, I am glad, she was testing for muscle disorders and other rheumatic dds. So I go back in 2 weeks to see what the next step is. As I still have the muscle pain when start walking or bending=squatting pulling weeds, ect.

I had to bath my dogs last night as they had fleas-I use frontline and it has only been 3 weeks but I combed about a dozen off of each of them so off the the tub, I thought my arms would fall off before I got done but I did do it and was fine afterwards, so weird.

Anyway enough about me-

Teacher I have to thank you for the laugh this morning, love the way you told the story and glad you werent hurt, other than your pride. I use to work as a sec to the pres of a large family business. I met and greeted visitors as we had a security door that I had to press a button to let them in. Tight security as we were a drug store chain.

I wore heels and dressed the part too, one day I has been away from my desk and saw someone standing in the window, and heard the phone ringing so picked up my brisk walk to a run and fell flat on my face in front of the office and the guy in the window. That guy was the President of Arby's. My boss was under 40 and belonged to the Young Presidents club, all memebers were presidents of their own business and under 40, they met every couple of months as different locations and that month it was our office. If you make the paper let us know that we have a STAR in our presence.

Julie glad to hear you are better, I read your post about about praying to god to let you know if it was serious and nearly cried then saw Den was praying for you to get better and had to laugh, prayers work. I hope you enjoy your new job and it is not too hard on you, I still don't know how you do it but you have a great co-pilot- God.

Georgia how is the kitty, I read that she had a stoke then saw later she was was better, so hope she is ok. It is so scary when our furkids get sick. That is sweet that her buddy Urs is concerned about her. Hope your back is better.

Rock are you ok in LA, I was watching the news and saw all the fires and thought of you. I feel so bad for all those people that have lost everything they have and now a hurricane may come- what is the world coming to. I hope Gordon's surgery went well.

Mickey you are like the energizer bunny rabbit, glad you are staying busy and getting your girls ready for school. Has your daughter found anymore "visitors" in her country house??

Joan so glad you are continuing on each day, I know how hard it is to be alone but you have your friends and you family a phone call away, your family is beautiful and love you so mcuh, you are blessed.

Springwater I hope you are starting to feel better, you have had so many things going on with the weather, rain, sickness, but you soldier on. Maybe now that your daughter is back to school and has a schedule you can go back to skyping with her.

Pippi did your get your 400 lb drafting table in your apt?? Also what a story about the elevators, glad you were ok and helped others that were about to freak out-

Granni you popped in while I was writing, good luck with your surgery and hope it helps, I have bladder issues from my cancer radiation treatments, it shrunk and hardened and won't hold alot so know what you mean about getting up all night to go.

Well this is a novel and I need to get busy but now- I think of you all everyday but now that I am feeling better I need to get things done and not overdo myself and PAINT somthing for the show in 3 weeks. I also still have work to do for the show.

Hello to everydobby I didn't address and hope you are doing the best you can each day- Carla

submiting to come back
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2009</i>]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2009]
  14. Granniluvsu

Just a quickie note before I leave to go to another meeting but thank God I do not have to go far. Have to pick up a friend who will be going with me. We are both in charge of our County Food Bank again this year .

Not much time to write anything long and drawn our, maybe tonight.

I think I mentioned that I will be having the TVT and Anterior and Posterior repair on September 16th. I believe that it is an out patient procedure from what they said at the office. I d go 2 days before to pre register for the surgery and go to the doctor's office where she or they will give me all the info I need..

The one surger will be abaout 30 minutes or less but the repair I am not sure. I ama guessing all totaled it miht be an hour. I think it was SW who asked about that. However, will find out more later. I also called to ask if I will be having a catherter in place when I go home. Not sure about that but we will see. The nurse was not sure of that one. I hope I have no problems going after than. They may make me urinate right aftern,not sure. Sometimes they will not let you go hope till after you urinate. We will see. Sorry for such a wonderful topic.

I have been busy canceling some appointments since the surgery date and pre op datre was already set for me. The doc also gave me a prescription for muscle bladdar spasms. I just started those. Since I am alwats getting up to go to the bathoom at night I will also try and take one before bedtime.

Bye for now. Gotta run now and they have a singing proacatice at 2 this afternoon.

Hope everydobby that ws feeling badly are doing better.

Love to awl,

15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Gosh, it seems like it has been forever since i have been on here, well i guess it has. So much has been going on in my life lately, some good some bad. First with the bad.

My Mom fell down a concrete stairs and broke her elbow, shouler and ribs and had to have immediate surgery, so my sister, brother and i have been taking turns going over their to help her out. Her husband, my step father has a brain tumor and is in a wheelchair so he can't help her that much. My mom has been working full time and taking care of him full time so she is in a real bind. Even though we aren't that close she is still my mother and i will be there for her.

On a good note, i had my 30th grade school reunion on Friday and I had such a blast seeing everyone that i haven't seen in 30 years. Wow have they changed. I hardly recognized anyone. I guess i didn't change that much because everyone knew who i was right away. It was a lot of fun.

I need to catch up on everyboddy, so i am printing out the volumes that i missed and am going to read them on my lunch break. I miss you guys so much.

There was one girl at my reunion that has fibro as well and i told her about this site, so i hope she comes on here to chat with us.

Also, work here has been so so busy, i can't remember the last time it has been this busy. But that is good news.

Well love you all and i will be back shortly after i get caught up.

16. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Hi Georgia!

I was accurately DX'd 8 years ago.
    We know what I have.
    It's the complications & relapses we have to monitor & control.
    They have to repeat tests, to be certain of my status re the level of disease/disability, & how intensely I have to be treated.

They can't under-treat or over-treat, as treatments have their own risks.

This won't be the last time I'll have to face this...

On the other-topics-for-the-sake-of-distraction:
    Mom LOVED her Boston Pops records I gave her!

We're still trying to find 2 peeps stoopit enough to move my 400 lb drafting table up here. Just kiddin about the "stoopit" part. I'll pay the movers, of course.
    I'm getting really anxious & impatient to get it up here!!!!!
    I've got serious work to get done!!!

I'll be seeing a lot of Mom over the next week (6 doc/hospital appointments), & she's helping me find a pair of table-movers.

17. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Hahahahahhaha - you are so funny. I cracked up when i read that you think Grandpa is allergic to the flea spray you were reason.

I was thinking why in the world were you spraying Grandpa with Flea Spray. LOL. Just had to come on here and thank you for making me have a good laugh. I needed that.

I just love you guys.

Pippi and Elaine - you 2 girlies are in my prayers. I wish so much you both didn't have to go through the stuff you do, but you know what, you are both 2 of the strongest woman i know (even if it is just online) and i know you both can make it and get through it.

Just know to come on here when feeling down or need more strength. We love you very much and want to be there to support you both.

Also, that is for everyboddy here. Just like that ignorant post over on the CFS board about Spring. I just had to get on there and back her up. Some people are just so mean and have no heart. Anyone says something mean about one of my porchy friends they better watch out for the Mickster.

Love you guys, back in a jiffy.
  18. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Yes. Please do pray for me. I respect all faiths, & gladly accept all prayers in the spirit they're offered!
    Positive energy, in all forms, is always a good thing!

I went back & deleted my post.
    I only did that cuz I was pretty much in a dead panic when I wrote it, & I went back a few minutes ago & realized how extremely negative I was being.

Everything I said was true, & the dread & horror are still with me.
    But I've been able to get my emotions under control, somewhat...

Well... I guess that's it for now.

G'Nite my Peeps!!!

PS: I know the one thing that would make me feel better right now. Anybody remember "Beautiful Dog"? I need Beautiful Dog...

19. Granniluvsu

It is late but wantaed to stop and say hi to awl of you.

Elaine - so glad you posted to let us know how you are doing, you little scamp :) !! I just know you WILL survive as they say !! This to shall pass.

Julie - glad you are havaing fun at your new job and thata you are feeling better.

Carla - sp glad that you popped onto the porch today and that you are feeling better and to hear that Hayley is in Germany now with her new hubby,

Georgia - hope you kitty is doing better. I have just zoomed past alotof these pots and what I read I dont remember to much . At this hour I am lucky to remember anythig :) !

Pippi - I seem to have missed something in your busy life of hemos, docs hospitals and such. Hope things go well for you in whatever you have coming up andhope that whatever upset you is long forgotten. Sorry you have to put uo with so much in your youhg life already.

Mickey - You surely are a busy one. TTYL later girlie !

Hope to pop on again tomorrow. Throwing you awl a BIG hug and kiss !!

20. springwater

Just wrote a post to everyone and it vanished for no reasons...i was going back and forth
    between two porch pages...

and DH has come back from early morn golf so i hav to go get him his breakfast..so will look
    in later...

Elaine, good to see you doing okay.

Pippi - hang in there..i seem to hav missed ur post where u seem to hav suffered a set back

Georgia - sorry about kitty , will say a prayer, its always hard when one has to let go of a loved creature.

Mickey - thanks so much for going over to the CFS board and posting on behalf of me...haha
    i had to laugh when i read, that must have made them stop in their tracks. But its okay, i think Im done now anyways, that subjects been done to death now...
    I think gapsych is genuine in her motives for what she writes but the others i feel are there
    only to argue and be nasty and show off their science knowledge or whatever.

Granni - let us know when u will be having your surgery...one hours surgery doesnt sound too
    serious but any surgery i guess one needs to be careful.

Take care all

God Bless

PS My colds much better.