Porchlight # 547 open

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by springwater, Sep 14, 2011.

1. springwater

springwater Active Member

Hmm i see i posted last so will open again this time

a loser hacker is sending virus into my program at this very moment. all kinds of
    weird stuff coming up on pc lol!

anyways i have laid out fruit, guava, mango and water melon, (those are in ]season
    here right now) and some cucumber and cheese sandwiches.

thought might as well go healthy this time. also milk, juice, banana shakes.

cheers!

god bless
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Still in my jammies but wanted to post and check on all as I have things to dolater on.

Spring Water- thanks for starting us up again and those fresh fruits and all sound yummy. The niece who got married, is she the one with the physcological problems/ I hope not !! Either way you were smart to let someone else try and straighten them out. However, sometimes you just can't when they have reached the age of so called maturity :) (Ha) !

Julie - How was your mom's card shower? Hope the card I sent gets there soon.

How is everydobby else. Missing so many?

I need to go and get dressed and start doing a few thing that I have neglected.

Hope some others pop in to visit later on.

Love to everydobby,
    Granni

3. springwater

Granni - unfortunately it is the niece with bipolar. i only have the niece and nephew on
    my side of family. ive given up on that family. the parents were utterly selfish and
    stupid. her mom eloped with my dad when she was studying in grade 7 and he of course
    has no education to speak of. was a delinquent from grade 4 onwards.

you would think after witnessing her parents utterly horrible experiences this niece
    would try and come out of that rut especially since she had the brains to apply
    and get admitted into a college in america but no. she has gone and done the
    same thing her parents did twenty years back. wow. there is nothing like, oh my
    mum is slogging her backside off in a foreign country for me i must do something
    with my life. she wants to have a conjugal life and everything else be damned.

4. springwater

i had told eldest bros wife not to bother me they have to handle but nieces dad
    calls and informs me his wife is in hysterics in israel. i dont care. its karma coming
    back to bite them.this is what WE went thru when she and my bro eloped and
    stopped supporting my parents after i got married.

on the brighter side i gave my first profesional healing, meaning the center
    gets paid for it. lol. and i was lucky enough to be on myown while doing it
    since the incharge couldnt come. she just instructed me how to do it.

I did and added some of myown because the patient a lady who suffers from
    stress, anxiety and irritation also was suffering period pains and lack of energy
    and had a cold and cough. so i gave some for that too. she seemed cheerful
    enough after thehealing.

its curious. what what we go thru. this lady is so well off, she has a car
    and driver, kids, help, husband doing well but she suffers stress and irritation.
    i couldnt get out of her the real cause she kept saying she doesnt know,
    that all she knew was when theres a function in the house and indians
    have lots of functions, she cant bring her self to be happy about it.
    must be some deep rooted problem.

funny thing is after i give healing i seem to feel better myself energy
    wise tho im still careful because i remember the times i relapsed in the
    past.

well back home, in evening i made roast chicken since dh was expected home
    from dubai. he came at 11 pm but was glad of the chicken which turned out
    well enough.

well, all take care

God BLess
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2011]
  5. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

mom still hanging on. the nurse and aides keep saying theres a reason shes still here, i think shes such a worrier that she cant leave. we all tell her it ok to go. she is gone any and its so sad to watch her suffer. I LOVE THAT WOMAN BUT I WANT HER TO GO! nights are the worse for me cause i dwell on her situation.my ds and i are painting interior. rock your landlord painting in the rain is hilarious.

its getting cold here i dread winter. my fibro is worse then. im going out with friend tomorrow. we usually go to lunch and trader joes and tomorrow we are gping to ikea to look around.

sorry so short im exhausted and still have to get dh clothes together and his lunch,

bye all love gail
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Gordon went to an orchid meeting last night. Brought home two small orchids
    that he won in the raffle. The pots are 2 inches high. I told him they were at
    risk. He didn't ask why, so I dropped the subject.

His office told him he had to take some time off or he would stop accruing same.
    I 'spect he'll spend some time working on his orchids. Some are withering away
    from lack of attention.

Made tuna hot dish yesterday. I have given up using the oven. I forget to turn it
    off and burn everything. So I just made a small amount and microwaved it for
    5 minutes. Worked fine.

Being in a creative mood, I added an egg. That means one can call it a souffle.
    If you add spinach, you can call it Florentine. If you add cheese you can call it
    au gratin. If it's feta, you can call it Greekl. Put them all together, they spell Mama Mia!

Oops! Gotta go move my car. Back later.

Rock

7. rockgor

Hafta move the car every Thur and Fri. Street sweeping. At our previous location
    this was not a problem since the city didn't provide street sweeping. On the other
    hand, lack of parking spaces was a problem.

Glad to hear your first healing went well, Springwater. Sounds like you benefited too.
    Sorry to hear about your niece. I agree with Granni. Let someone else step up
    to the plate.

Gail, I'm sorry you are having a prolonged stressful period with your mom. My
    Aunt died last year. She was in her 80s. Her husband of over 60 years had
    died a few month earlier.

Her four sons were with her. They were telling her, "It's alright, Mom. You've
    done everything you needed to do. You can go now." After a bit she stopped
    moaning and tossing and relaxed into a peaceful sleep. A few minutes later she
    left them.

Rock
  8. Granniluvsu

Rock - I just love your idea of a hot dish. You can have whatever you wish with all the little additions to your caserrole or hot dish. I like all the addidtions with adding reg. cheese, feta cheese, egg and spinach too. What would you call it, an augratin, spinach, flourentine, souffle or something like that. I like all those additions. Gee, I think I am getting hungry listing all those things.

Gail - Sorry to hear about your mom. I know it is very stressfull for you to be there. God bless you and give you strength to go through it all. In cases like that it is OK to ask for a quick, painless passing even though you will miss her a lot, I know. I still miss my mom and we lived miles apart so we couldn't see her a lot anyway except if she could come down for Christmas until she broke her hip a couple of times. Lots of warm hugs to you.

Julie - I know you are happy the card shower is over and glad it went well for them. What you need now is sosme time to rest but you don't ever get any. Drop by when you can.

Spring Water- You have so much going on too with your extended family and some of it stressful. You need some big hugs too !!! That is a sad state of affairs with your bipolor niece. It is especially when they are supposedly mature and grown up (age wise) and they aren't.

Hope to hear from some more MIA's too and all those I forgot to mention.

Love to all,
    Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2011]
  9. Granniluvsu

Julie - are you sure you didn;t get this stuff from Diane and Jerry from the "Greenonions and ConfusedinPA" thread. They both have something, who knows what - some tummy problems and aches and pains. Diane also has some type of allergy.

Hope you get to feeling better soon !! Have a good weekend and hope you can REST !!! Sorry you had to get sick with Kiera there but best she went home in hopes she wouldn't catch it and you could rest.

May pop in tomorrow for a bit to see who pops in to relax on the Porch. Seems like lately there haven't been to many having time to relax !!

HAVE A GREAT WEKEND EVERYDOBBY !!

Love to awl,
    Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2011]
  10. Granniluvsu

Glad you are doing a little better but best that Kiera went home. I know you feel bad about that but you can't help being sick.

Please feel free to whine at any time :)!! So sorry about your arm/shoulder, etc. possible nerve problems. Hope the paper work goew through faster than expected so you can have the MRI. The insurance thing was never perfect but now it is getting worse, I fear !!

Hope you donpt get into any problems with it before having the MRI Okayed !! So sorry it is such along drive for you to get to the ER.

Have a restful weekend :)!! I'm HOPING you will have one anyway.

LOVE,
    Granni
  11. springwater

Its 11 pm and bro in law just left. he had dinner with us. dh had brought a
    quilt bedsheet set for MIL and some clothes for him from dubai so he came
    to collect. i made chicken curry and rice with veggies and dh and he caught
    up on shop talk since BIL works in a bank.

i will be home on sunday and tuesdays from healing because sat is dh and sons
    off day and tues is the centers closing day.

i met another lady who will be beginning healing; she is suffering from diarreoah
    and i thought how odd someone would come to heal diarreoah until the main
    healer scanned her and said she was suffering a lot of stress which in turn
    was causng the diarriaeoah. hmmm thats like three people already suffering
    from same condition, stress anxiety. its an epidemic looks like.

today i almost went into a depression or rather lower into it when my chinese
    friend called up to say hello and then later on again kind of hinted at my
    being 'negative' and staying at home all the time instead of socializing. I know
    she was telling me off for not visitng her inlaws or having them over as i had
    promised. one half of me was plain mad and the other half so sad for her for
    having a friend like me. I know im not the best friend to have where interacting
    is concerned but i also know i try. ive just come off giving those two meals
    for my own family and the other guests and dhs family. no energy for more for
    the moment! but she cooled down when i told her i was going thru a thing
    because my niece just eloped. friends youngest sis did the same thing years
    back and i remember friend having hysterics then so she would understand
    if not the depression, at least the state i am in now.

12. springwater

Gail - same thing happend to an uncle from matrnal side he had cancer
    and was brought home from hospital at last stages but refused to die
    altho he was in a coma sort of then aunt told him it was okay to leave
    they were going to be okay and he expired that day

Rock - your house must be full of orchids the way Gordon keeps
  13. Granniluvsu

We even had a little bit on our way to church and then stopped. However, it looks like we got a little bit also while we were gone. Just saw in Face Book that our son got some also in Houston. So, it is scarttered about . Unfortunatly some don;t last too long. One of my choir members did tell me that it poured really hard by her and that is why she was a bit late to arm up this morning. This rain is great but we need so much more.

Gail - It seems to me that I have heartd that same story from others too, after loved ones have been told that is was OK to go they just did. If your mother seems to be hanging on and suffereing you might want to try that. I know you don't want her to go but when they are in such a state, it is the best thing, unless they were going to get completely cured.

Spring Water - You have been busy posting and keeping the Porch going but I am trying to remember what you has said besides all the problems now again with your niece. It is so hard when they have supposedly grown up or matuared and they haven't for different reasons. Does she take her bipolor meds.? My old choir director had a daughter who was bipolor. There were so many problems and the girl was so smart and had alovely voice. She would run away, and had also been in a special place for aehile to help her to get off other drugs. The bigproblem is they don;t always take their drugs for bipolor. They think they dont need it or whatever and then have lots of problems. Hope my x director's daughter is doing better. I have no idea since she left.

Rock - Do you have much room in your apartment with all the flowers and orchids? Hope you at least have a good sized kitchen with the way Gordon likes to cook.

Thinking of so many of you - Julie, Elaine, Mickey, Carla, Linda, Jole, Pip, Monica, and to many to list. I love you all including those not mentioned !

Love,
    Granni
  14. Granniluvsu

We even had a little bit on our way to church and then stopped. However, it looks like we got a little bit also while we were gone. Just saw in Face Book that our son got some also in Houston. So, it is scarttered about . Unfortunatly some don;t last too long. One of my choir members did tell me that it poured really hard by her and that is why she was a bit late to arm up this morning. This rain is great but we need so much more.

Gail - It seems to me that I have heartd that same story from others too, after loved ones have been told that is was OK to go they just did. If your mother seems to be hanging on and suffereing you might want to try that. I know you don't want her to go but when they are in such a state, it is the best thing, unless they were going to get completely cured.

Spring Water - You have been busy posting and keeping the Porch going but I am trying to remember what you has said besides all the problems now again with your niece. It is so hard when they have supposedly grown up or matuared and they haven't for different reasons. Does she take her bipolor meds.? My old choir director had a daughter who was bipolor. There were so many problems and the girl was so smart and had alovely voice. She would run away, and had also been in a special place for aehile to help her to get off other drugs. The bigproblem is they don;t always take their drugs for bipolor. They think they dont need it or whatever and then have lots of problems. Hope my x director's daughter is doing better. I have no idea since she left.

Rock - Do you have much room in your apartment with all the flowers and orchids? Hope you at least have a good sized kitchen with the way Gordon likes to cook.

Thinking of so many of you - Julie, Elaine, Mickey, Carla, Linda, Jole, Pip, Monica, and to many to list. I love you all including those not mentioned !

Love,
    Granni
  15. bct

bct Active Member

Dear Spring, I hope you and yours are alright. Have just heard about the falling walls that killed several people in Kathmandu, and people in other parts of Nepal, as well as Sikkim and Bhutan.

Blessings,
    Barry
  16. Granniluvsu

Julie - maybe you should call them every day. Wonder if that would do any good to pester them. Maybe so, since that is what they told you. However, you shouldn't have to go through such trouble for a MRI !! Hope you get to have one soon so they can take care of the problem. Glad your parents got the card and enjoyed it.

Spring Water - So sorry to hear about the earthquake. Hope you and your family are OK. Let us know if you can. That is scary thing to happen anywhere. So many scary things going on in the world lately.

Barry - Thanks for letting us know about the earthquake. Hope all is well with you.

Just got home from a meeting and dinner. Need to go take a shower and get ready for beddy bye. Even though I will not be sleeping for awhile yet. Hope to check in tomorrow.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Love to awl,
    Granni
  17. springwater

yes, fine here tho the whole country got a scare! been long time since we
    had an earthquake lasting a minute.

the lights went off immediately after but son and i had gotten down to the
    garden. its three flights down so we had to run like the wind.

it was funny because i was watching tv and the bed was shaking so hard
    and i kept lying there thinking big fat hobbes as usual was scratching
    himself and shakiing the whole bed along with it as he does usually.
    son was sitting on a stool and thought keechu was behind him scratching
    and that why the stool was shaking. after 50 seconds the bed was shaking
    as hard and i asked son why was the bed shaking so much, he got up
    looked behind him, saw no keechu there and said casually, mum, i think
    its an earthquake." i leapt out of bed and told him to run down. he
    ran, detouring to the kitchen and puting off the stove because our little
    help had run down leaving it on.
  18. springwater

all the people were outside their houses panicking. some 5 people
    killed in the city so far, collapsing houses and a big wall outside the
    british embassy killed a father and his little daughter when it collpapsed.

im sure more reports will start trickling in. didnt get too much last night
    because nepals infrastructure doesnt allow people to travel around and
    film and get reports, i got most of my news including our countrys deaths
    thru the indian news channels.

thanks for asking Barry. Sikkim in India has been most affected with a
    lot of damage and landslides and phone and electricity cut off there and
    surrounding towns. but the death toll in india was around nine till last
    night. will rise as the day goes on im sure and they reach remote
    areas.

Julie - really sorry to hear of the new condition that has developed
    and really hope it is not serious. some cases seem to resolve on
    their own. i know you could reallydo with a break. Praying lots for
    you and so many of us on these boards.

Granni - yes the boards slow, that happens sometimes. either people
    too tied up with their things to log in or not in a mood to post. understand
    that. sometimes i take a break when things pile up too.

gave a healing yesterday but it will take time for this poor lady. she had
    been given healing yesterday by the center incharge who showed me
    the protocol but it will take time, she found out she has wheat allergy
    day before and had to go to the bathroom three times in the 45 mins
    i gave healing. poor lady she is so dehydrated and has three big weddings
    coming up in the family home and desperately wants to be well for that.
    her stress and irritation levels were so high when i scanned and i dont
    know if it was the chronic diarreoah causing the stress or the other way
    round.

Rock - Im surprised you people have the space for Gordons new plants
    lol, i can empathise because i struggle for space too here and have
    ended up just giving up on some plants because of the time and energy
    involved. I used to be like Gordon see a new plant and want tobring it
    home but i havnt done thst for some time now.

All take care

God Bless

19. rockgor

Just finished walking and feeding Zipper. The Chinese silk
    trees are in bloom again. They are spectacular. Big pink
    flowers w/ some white and yellow in the center.

The bark is green rather than brown and armed with fierce
    thorns. Looks kinda like some medieval weapon.

I used to like to go to the courthouse in Pomona because it
    had silk trees all around. The courthouse looked like a concrete
    bunker, but the trees made the scene beautiful anyway.

Barry, thanks for the EQ alert. Come back when you can stay
    longer. I read about the earthquake, but I thought it was in
    India. Didn't realize it reached Katmandu.

Springwater, your son was pretty cool. (Casually) "I think
    we're having an earthquake." SOL We had a small one here
    about 2 weeks ago. I was at the computer. There was a thud
    as though a giant hand slapped the house. My wheeled chair
    moved a bit. That's all.

But, of course, one is always aware that buildings may be
    toppling a hundred miles away. Glad to hear you are all OK.

No, our house isn't full or orchids, but the yard is. Hundreds of
    them. The spectacular flower of the week, however, is a cactus.
    It's only about a foot high, but it produced a huge flower; star-
    shaped and about 8 inches across. It's white w/ some black
    lines on it. Gordon and I have never seen such a flower before.

Julie, I'm glad Den was able to take you to the ER. I hope they
    can do the MRI soon. One of my coworkers had back surgery
    and got excellent results. He's the one who told me his dr. said
    "Men, don't sit on your billfolds. You will throw your pelvis and
    spine outta whack." Maybe we need bumper stickers or T
    shirts to spread the word.

Yes, you're right about eating when you take pain pills. Years ago
    I was prescribed naprosyn. Can't remember why, but I quit
    taking it in a hurry. Felt like I had fish hooks pulling my stomach
    apart.

I did the laundry this morning; slept all afternoon. Yesterday we
    did several errands, so it was a productive weekend. Gordon is
    taking next week off. I 'spect he will be working on his orchids
    and cooking. Right now he's making some sort of taro dish.
    I believe Marthla Stewart advises serving taro if your guest is
    named Zorro.

That poi they serve at luaus is made w/ taro. That's all I know
    on the subject and more than I need to know.

Granni, our kitchen is good sized (2 story house built in 1926),
    but even so, it is not big enough for two people at the same time.
    It has too much stuff in it: a table, 3 chairs, an industrial
    sewing machine, a rice bin, boxes of stuff, two carts. Uff-da!

Sorry your area didn't get much rain. I believe the biggest problem
    in the world is distribution. Some people got too much of what-
    ever it is (rain, money, heat, cold, religion, etc.) And some got
    just the opposite. (See the Middle East for too much religion.)

How are the new choir members working out? Can everydobby
    read music. You know, some famous singers couldn't read music.
    Luciano Pavarotti, for example.

I can. On the other hand I was a lousy musician. See. Distribution again.

Gotta go
    Hugs
    Rock
  20. Granniluvsu

So glad to hear that you and family are OK. Sorry about the damage and deaths. Earthquakes are always scary and awful. Did they give a number as to what the size or strength it was?

How funny that your doggie (or whatever animal it is)can scratch himself so hard under the bed it could make your bed move. What a surprise to find out that he was not there and that it was an earthquake. Glad you were not alone and theat your son was with you. I think your DH was away on business, is that right? What a time for him to be gone, of course he can not help that. Has he called you since the earthquake?

How far away do you live from Sikkim, that seemed to be hit so hard? I am getting awfully tired of all these horrible disasters hurting people in one way or the other. It is very sad. Hope there are no aftershocks and if so not big ones.

Oh I understand about others not coming to the boards all the time. It is just sad that some of our wonderful Porchies haven't been able to check in once in awhile. Oh, I do understand how things can happen and how people can just get so tired of doing anything when they do not feel well, or just are to darn busy doing something or another.

Hugs to you and everydobby else !
    Love,
    Granni