Porchlight #703 IS CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good morning awl,

Just wanted to check in before heading off to church.

Julie - Glad you got to go to the wedding. I'm sure you had a good time and as you said it was a nice change of pace. Sorry Lindsay has started with the B H contractions so early and sorry those babies aren't feeling well either. Prpa and Red Mitten sure look happy and content together.

Need to finish getting ready for church. Hugz to all our dear Porches, inc those MIAS .

Love to everydobby,
    Granni
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Hi all. I think we need some extra prayers here at our house. My DH has lost soooo much weight, including 5 more in a week. He's got a swollen knee and is limping around when he walks. I've insisted he has it elevated with ice on it. I think tomorrow we need to see his doctor. I'm afraid he's developed another blood clot in that leg. I'm so very stressed but I know I'M the one who needs to be strong.
  3. bct

bct Member

Dear Sunflowergirl, we are with you in our thoughts. You seem like a very strong person. We are here to help you in any little ways that we can ... even if it is just listening.

Hugs,
    Barry
  4. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been posting of late. The last few weeks I've been so exhausted I've not had the umph to sit at the computer and post. I've been hobbling around work in a knee brace, as my knee is giving me fits. Residents and staff alike have noticed I look bad. They keep asking if I'm okay. They've noted I'm moving much slower and look haggard. I'm just so incredibly tired it's been hard to stay alert at work and it's been a race to my bed every day to rest.

I've come to the conclusion I'm not in a flare, but in a decline. I got my synthroid refilled and got my flexoril upped, a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I feel no less exhausted and not much better. The few supps. I'm missing would not account for the incredible fatigue I've been feeling. This is new. Soon as I can, I will be making an appointment with my G.P. to see if there is something else afoot.

I rarely take any time off work so I've almost maxed out my "earned time" at work. I'm taking 8 days off the end of this month and cashing in 40 hours of earned time. We're allowed to do this once a year. We can only earn up to 160 hours before we can't accumulate any more. I'm up to 141 and still accumulating. I'm also taking a week off in Sept. to take my friend, Barb. to Tennessee to visit her sister-in-law. She's 83 and this will, likely, be her last chance to do this. She asked if I'd go with her, as she should not travel alone, so I said I'd go of course. Maybe the vacation will do me some good.

I still have no idea when I will get my Federal tax return. The identity theft thing was curtailed early. I got confirmation from the IRS that my account has been "cleared up" and I will be getting it. But they have no idea when. Originally they said up to 180 days. My friend told me the other day that there was 70,000 of us that got "thieved" and that it may be up to two and a half years before we see our returns. I hope not. Wish me luck.

The cash out of my 40 hours of earned time will facilitate getting me to the Chiro, upping the rest of my supps., and getting my TSH and Glucose tests run. I've been needing to do these things for months. This extra paycheck will facilitate that end. I've scanned all the posts you've posted, but don't have the energy to respond or comment to them all. I hope everyone is as good as they can be. I've missed the camaraderie and support I've found here on the Porch. I've missed you all. I will try to post more as I feel better.

Love to all,
    Darrae
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

So much going on here and have some work I need to do on the computer off the boards. Just wanted to pop in and to say I am so sorry to hear from SUN about her DH feeling worse and losing so much weight.

Have to send a mail to the doc. about making an appt. for DH before his surgery - all that post surgical stuff.

Also so very sorry to hear from DAR on how badly she has been feeling. More thoughts and prayers going out both of you ( DAR and SUN) for strength and getting to feel better. It is so hard to be strong with very sick person in the house when you don't feel so hot yourself. DAR you surely have earned some time off where you work. You surely do need a lot of rest.

Thanks DAR and SUN for posting to us all. I know it take NRG to do so but perhaps may be somewhat helpful that you can do some venting.

Big HUGZ to you both and prayers for you all !

Love, Granni
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We are already at 34 posts so let's not post any more here. I'll start a new Porch. Thanks