Porchlight for Volume 469 is on!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teacher, Feb 22, 2010.

1. teacher

teacher New Member

Pippi, Elanie, Lincamp and Fight4acure are back!!!

Check them out on the last Porch.

Jerome is trying to chop up carrots, celerly, red peppers, cucumber and broccoli for the dip he made.

He's also created a very fine cheese and sausage tray. There is a tray with different kinds, sizes and shapes of crackers. There is a separate tray of crackers that is labeled "Gluten-free".

Just a bit to nosh on while you're visiting.
  2. teacher

teacher New Member

I'm not really perky. Just trying to pretend.

Potluck went well. Took all day to get dressed and was still an hour late. Oh well. They didn't mind

Have doc appt. tomorrow. Think it's time to up the Synthroid. All I've done for the last five days is jump up and down inside, try to keep from crying my eyes out, and keep a headache. Bleah.

So, I apologize for not being very talky right now. Just trying to hang on to sanity.

Pippi's back! Pippi's back! Pippi's back!

I love you
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2010]
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi Pippi...very good to have you back and feeling better as well!! I'm not doing as well...lol, I have to go for an EGD or whatever, they run a tube down your throat and check things out.
    Has anyone had this done?? I am in a panic but need the test to find out why I have been nausea's off and on since Thanksgiving. I'm scared:(

Wishing all my porchie friends the best...I'll check back soon!

4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Just wanted to pop in to say hi. Dead Hub is back from his errands and needs the puter. So, this will be quick as usual.

Hi Deb, Fight, Elaine. Pip, Julie, Teacher and AWL. Sorry no time for a real individual post. Sorry to hear about some of your pain. I know it is no picnic for sure.

Gottga run and awaiting for possible snow. Hah !

5. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Thanks 2 everydobby for the warm welcome home! :)

I've had that procedure, as have several people I know.
    How good or bad it is, seems to depend entirely on your doc, & on which meds (& how much) they use.
    My personal experiences weren't so great BUT that's only cuz (we later learned) I'm highly allergic to versed - one of the main meds they use for this procedure.
    However, other peeps I've spoken to about it, called it "a breeze"!
    My experience was NOT typical at all! And allergies to versed are rare.
    (And my versed allergy is now prominently posted on my medic-alert bracelet!!!)

I'll be back later to check in with everydobby individually.
    I'm still reading past posts, trying to catch up!

Thanks again for the warm reception!!!!!

Love 2 everydobby! It's SO great to see the gang still here!!!

6. springwater

springwater Active Member

Pippi - you had everyone worried with your prolonged absence...good to see you
    back and healthier!

Debra - welcome to the board. I have had that procedure where the doc puts a pipe
    down your throat; here we call it endoscopy. I was scared too but it got done with.
    The good thing is its a good way to find out whats happening inside. I could rest easy
    after they found out i didnt have anything serious after my colonoscopy and endoscopy.
    Good luck.

Julie - I hope Amys house related work gets over with soon; and that Lindseys pregnancy
    proceeds smoothly. Ive never heard of this problem with expecting mums. But then i
    got sick several times when i was going to have my daughter, i got a UTI and then
    got this itchy rash which developed the scariest looking flat round scabs which took
    ages to disappear. But disappear they did after the delivery. I suppose every pregnancy
    has its own course.

Teacher - hope you perk up soon.

Not such a good day today for me. Felt weighted down and gloomy. maybe my body
    trying to recover from yesterdays over exertions.

God Bless

7. springwater

springwater Active Member

I think you meant deaR hub. Instead of what you wrote. I first was puzzled and then
    chuckled at your typo.

God Bless
  8. Granniluvsu

Who knows what I wrote to you on the last post. I didn't go back to check. The problem is that I type to fast and come out with some newly devised words that make no sense. I could start my own dictionary of different words.

We actually have had a bit of snow so far ands some sleet.; We are supposed to get more they said but not alot. No one around here is used to the white stuff unless they came from up north like we did. However we have been gone to long. It is pretty if you do not have to be out in it.

Gotta run and start making my Italian Potato soup for the first time. Soup sounds good for a cold day.

Bye for now and hugs to everydobby !

[This Message was Edited on 02/23/2010]
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Anyway, welcome back to the porch. Believe it or not, I was thinking ogf you last evening while I was showering! Don't know why.

i had horrid pain all morning but I lay on the heating pad for 2 hrs. and I can't believe the it seems to be gone for now.

Yes, an endoscopy isn't bad. The first I had I only remember waking up. All was OK. At Mayo's, it followed a colonoscopy and they used that one kind of anesthetic----no sleep. It was awful but not as bad as the colonoscopy. i didn't feel tube or anything. Don't be scared. Thur. my neighbor is having it.

Stayed up til skate dancing was over----wanted to see who got the 3 medals. All were so good. Got to bed at 11:20 and that is way to late for me!

Plan to get to bed earlier tonight. was expecting a friend this afternoon ao had to fight to keep awake. she didn't come.

Want to find some food---aways am.

Gentle Hugs until the next time.

Tomorrow is DH's birthday. Got 2 sweet sweet cards from 2 friends. So thoughtful!

10. Granniluvsu

Debbie and Pip - Not sure if you also had an endoscopy and coloniscopy Pippi I missed some posts along the way. Sometime ago I had an endoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy at the same time which is similar to the colonoscopy but not up so far up into the intestines. They did both at once and gave me some IV relaxation meds which knocked me out and when I woke up both were done. The worse part was the wonderful stuff I had to drink the night before to clean my out - yuck ! On the tabale they sprayed my throat and started the drip and I was OUT for the count !

It shouldn't be so bad I do not think. Ask if they can knock you out. They do if they do both together not sure about one procedure. Of course after all that they didn't find anything. It was probably just IBS or something and I was sure I had an ulcer. Hope you both are feeling OK today. I am so excited Pippi that you are walking !!

Julie - How are you doing sweetie, with all you have been doing lately and hope that you are not feeling to badly. Your pain is weird coming and going like that. Did you say that you got the insurance OK? I heard that from someone . I guessed it was you.

Jole - How are you doing? I haven't seen you the past few days, Of course I haven't be on alot either with DH doing his taxes and all. Hope you are not feeling to badly with this stinky weather.

Not much time to talk to all right now. Hope you are all doing OK.

Carla - are you getting close to being able to get into your house? Thinking about you. Hope you are feeling OK !!

Joan - How nice to see you here on the Porch. Sorry about the pain. I know that is not fun for sure. I love the Olympics to. I also stayed up till the skating and medal ceremony was all over. They all did great. They all make it look so easy !! The skiing ws something else too.

Just know that I am thinking about you awl. Hope to come back tomorrow but it will be a busy day and evening.

11. teacher

teacher New Member

I've lost my underwear!

I did laundry on Sunday and I can't find it!
  12. Granniluvsu

That is a new one loosing your underwear :) !! I have lost many things but not that !! I usually miss socks and money : !! If I find money I keep it (he he) no matter whose it is ! Hope you found them soon !

Not much new here. We got a dusting of snow yesterday which looked very pretty coming down but did not stick since the temp was still above freezing at that time. It did get slippery and was starting to freeze on our deck but luckily I did not have to go out in it any more. DH had a meeting but he did not go.

Have a luncheon meeting this morning/afternoon and we are dressing up for the RODEO that will be coming into Houston soon. Those poor trail riders must have been pretty cold last night. They usually end up with chilly and rainy weather every year. It is sunny this morning and will melt anything around ! However, it is still pretty chilly out.

Have choir practice tonight too but at least no rain or snow they say !

Hugs to awl !!

13. teacher

teacher New Member

Supposed to be professionally developing myself, but I'm still jumping up and down inside. Can't sit and be an adult all day like that, so called in sick.

Seriously, I've lost socks before, but not an entire load!

I put them in the washer, then moved them to the dryer and went to bed.

Ain't nuffin in the the washer OR the dryer! What's up with that?!

SO, that means I gotta do laundry a lot until they reappear. I only have two days worth left!

Let's tally it up. Thanks to this DD and thyriod cancer I have lost:

- my hand strength

- my energy

- clear vision at all times

- the ability to speak clearly at times

- the ability to spell properly

- the ability to think clearly

- the ability to remember and recall things

- my underwear

What am I gonna lose next????????
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I got my tuna hot dish made. I used potato chips for the base. Soaked
    'em first to cut down on the salt. The kind of recipe men like when they're
    cooking. Only 3 ingreediments: chips, cream soup and tuna.

I threw some cheese on top for the last couple minutes in the oven. Course
    you can add anything you like: peas, corn, lobster, capers, broccoli,
    marshmallows, etc. Whatever takes your fancy.

Like Teacher, I am not very talky these days. Just no N R G. But at least I
    haven't lost my underwear. I did one time though. Was packing for college.
    Suitcase was full, so I put my underwear and sox in a pillowcase. My little brother
    bounced around on the bed and the pillow case slid off. My mother had to mail
    the stuff to me.

Deb, good luck w/ your test. Julie, I doubt if you could offend anyone even
    if you tried.

You guys see the Universal Truths that JimB posted? Pretty funny.

Well, I hope to get to the library today. I put a book on hold months ago, and
    it finally showed up. It's about women who settled the prairie.

Our pioneer ancestors were tough!

15. teacher

teacher New Member

Weren't they though?
  16. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

We were discussing underwear on the FM/CFS board just the other day. The poster had plenty of underwear however they were driving her crazy...lol!

Perhaps you can use one of the suggestions.......go commando:)

Thanks for all the responses regarding my EGD. I think I feel better...but won't be sure until it's over!!

Hope everyone is having a pain free day, or at least a manageable day.

17. teacher

teacher New Member

I work in an elementary school. We all trip and fall down and stuff like that.

I'm supposed to dole out information, not be informative!

18. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Hi Ya Porch Peeps!

OK. I've officially given up attempting to go back & read enough posts to try to catch up with everybody's doings.
    I was just gone way too long.

I was chuckling as I read about the lost undies! hahaha!

I've never lost any undies, but I have at times realized I had them on inside-out or backwards. (Or both!)

Deb: I know exactly whatcha mean about having pre-procedure jitters. Whenever I'm facing a procedure, I pretty much have a modified-stationary-panic until it's over.
    Honestly, tho, you probably won't even remember anything after!
    I only have probs cuz of my issues with some anesthesia meds. But even with my meds-issues, I still have procedures with absolutely NO problems! :) I just hafta make sure the anesthesiologist is on the same page as my doc.
    (And make sure my mommy is there as they put me under!)
    Mom is my advocate, every time I'm in the hospital, & she goes to every doc appointment with me.
    We should always have someone with us at the docs' just cuz it's a good idea in general. (A few times, I was glad to simply have a witness!)
    But it's especially important for me, with the severe anemia I've been fighting for 4 years now. That kinda anemia affects my memory, so I really need someone there to help me remember what was said, sometimes.
    Besides, if a doc seems to be abrasive, abusive, irrational, or just plain stoopit, she goes into Mama-Bear mode! LOL!
    Nobody's gonna hurt one of Mama-Bears' cubs!

Now that we're aware of, & treating, the celiac disease, my anemia is getting better! Amazingly, my hemo still can't seem to make the connection... Oh well. Outta my 4-doc team, 3 of them are great! & my main doc is keeping a close eye on the hemo situation. :)

Hey Rock!
    You mentioned library books, & it made me realize something.
    I think I still have one around here somewhere.
    I wonder if I can convince them I put it in the drop-box, just before the flood last fall. LOL!
    On second thought, that won't work cuz I can't fib with a straight face.
    But your mention of the library did jog my memory.
    I reckon I'll have to go search for the book, or admit guilt & pay for it. haha.

BTW: Do ya have any great jokes?
    I remember from before I went AWOL, how much you always cracked me up! And since I've been gone for awhile, you can tell one you've already told! ;P

Georgia, Granny, Lin, Teacher, Elaine, Jole, SpringWater, & everydobby:

I've been thinking of y'all the entire time I've been away!!!

I'm SO sorry some of y'all aren't feeling well!
    I sure do know how that debilitating pain can feel like it's sucking out our souls!!!
    I wish I could share my healing with EVERYDOBBY on the Porch!!!

I just got home from running a short errand.
    It was my first bus-errand since I started walking again.
    The other "regulars" & the bus driver, were all thrilled to see me walking!
    Even the cashier at the store was happy to see me walking, & commented about it.

I'm SO lucky, tho, that the city buses are all wheelchair accessible!
    That allows a LOT of peeps to be somewhat independent!

OK. Enough yakkin for now!
    I better post B4 it goes POOF!

Love 2 ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I forgot to mention something:

I was reading some of your posts about watching the Olympics.

I decided to get cable last month, & I haven't seen any of the Olympics cuz I'm mezmerized by this stuff on the cable channels!!!

Have y'all seen that show, "Hoarders"???
    It's like watching a wreck & I just can't look away!

My apartment is neat & organized, but that's only cuz I AM a pack-rat!
    I know I hafta keep everything in its place, or else I'd never be able to find anything. & I decided long ago, if I pack-rat something in - I hafta throw something out. (Donating or recycling, of course!)
    If I don't make myself do that, I'd acquire way too much stuff, too!

OK. That's my "PS". LOL!

C Ya!
  20. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

When the outdoor temp. is in the upper29's-30's. the furnace doesn't run as often and it gets too chilly for me. but the FR fireplace is on so I'lli be cozy this eve.

I shake everything I take out of the dryer. that is where I often find my socks. Also my sweatshirts and flannel gown. They want to stick to them.

Our daughter sent me a lovely bouquet of flowers for her Dad's birthday. She is so sweet and caring. DIL sent a sweet card commenting on how myself and DH always clung to tradition----and it always worked. But that generation can't seem to make things come out right because someone is always flying away some place. I did feel rather lonely thinking about DH's past birthdays but often he was in the hospital.

my mind is terribly blank this afternoon. I did call my neighbor to wish her good luck on her colonoscopy tomorrow, call a friend and ask how her DH is and how her "Arthur" is, and call the gal who has disliked me for so long. She has missed coffee fr 2 days and no one knew what was going on so I called. She sounded awful---hoarse and said she was just plain sick. She thanked me for calling but-----I thought it was the right thing to do and I did it!!

Reading Barbara Johnson's book, "Humour from Heaven". It is so good---i have read another of her books, and we have seen her several times as Praise Gathering. she can tell things so funny that you hold your sides and cry. But there is ALWAYS a message there. Anyone heard of her?

I am trying to read some of the books I have had for a long while. I am about blind by the time I go to bed and this a.m., I felt a littile dizzy if I stood up too soon.

Sorry everydobby I have done nothing and can't think of anything else to tell you except I did my laundry. Isn't that exciting???????

Take care, sleep tight, smile when you can and think of only good things if you can.

Love all of you good friends,