PORCHLIGHT is ON, #624

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Jul 3, 2013.

1. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Marta, how ya doin'? And how is the lovely Honey? Just purr-fect, I hope. My back is
    a little better today, but my brain is a little worse. You know what Newton said about a body exerting
    a force. There is a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body.
    Kinda like the force in Star Wars. A light side and a dark side. If one of our ailments gets better,
    another is sure to get worse.

Anyhoo it's my mind that's worse. I put Zipppy's food in the microwave for 10 seconds to take
    the chill off. When I came back to the kitchen several minutes later, I found the microwave
    was set to run for hours! His food was turned to charcoal. Yikes! I could have been charged
    with involuntary arsonary.

Had some of our home grown tomatoes this morning. Picked a dozen. There are still some ripe ones
    on the bushes.

Tried to take nap, but couldn't fall asleep. Gordon told me to relax my tongue. He is a veritable
    font of good advice.

Here's a joke my sister, the blonde, sent. I hadn't heard it before. Maybe you haven't either.

A blonde was summoned to court to appear as a witness in a lawsuit. The prosecutor opened his questioning
    with, "Where were you the night of August 24th?"
    "Objection!" said the defense attorney. "Irrelevant!"

"Oh, that's okay," said the blonde from the witness stand. "I don't mind answering the question."
    "I object!" the defense said again.

"No, really," said the blonde. "I'll answer."
    The judge ruled: "If the witness insists on answering, there is no reason for the defense to object."

So the prosecutor repeated the question: "Where were you the night of August 24th?"
    The blonde replied brightly, "I don't know."

Later, gators.
    Rock
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Marta and Rock !!! What a surprise to see Marta. Great square dance call! Did you steal it from Rocks book of square dance calls :)???? Hope you'll come back soon and tell us how you've been doing. Hope you and Honey are doing well.

Well, it is evening time so I will be taking a shower soon to get ready for beddy bye. Again, I was so surprised to see the post from you, Marta and hope you will come back real soon again. Miss you and so many others.

Rock - glad your back is doing a little better. "Relax your tongue," that is a good one Gordon :)!!

Big HUGZ to both or you and any lurkers,
    Granni