Porchlight is On Vol. 100 Spec. Ed.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Apr 9, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey we're here!! Boy those whistles and horns are

loud in Celebration !!! Congrats to us! Comments

and observations will be gladly accepted today.

Huggles to ALL! (Yea, you too Rock!)

[This Message was Edited on 04/09/2007]
  2. S-M-G

S-M-G New Member

Congratulations to ALL the PORCH PEOPLE and those that read !

You have made me proud. Happy anniversary everyDoBBy ! (see, I am learning Porch Talk) I hope this Porch will continue to be a place of sharing and support for you wonderful friends.

You will have to excuse me from further festivities on the Porch because we are in the middle of Easter celebrations here. I had to sneak past the librarian to get to a computer again! So glad you did not have the celebration Porch yesterday, that was such a full day for us already.

Greetings from a sunny Vatican City ! Enjoy your anniversary.
    Mary Gregory
  3. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Well hello SMG, I've heard much but never seen you on here before. I can only imagine how beautiful the Vatican City is, maybe one day I can go see it!

Actually, I'm at work right now and just peeking in so of course I had to type my 2 cents for party!

Kids had a good Easter, Brooklynne was a bit disappointed because the Easter Bunny didn't put eggs out into the snow, but darn it, it was COLD!

She shot out of bed at 8 am and woke me up saying, Mommy, Mommy it's Easter Time!

Brayden was just all about the chocolate. I let them have thier fun but made sure I scrubbed those teeth but good before bed!

Well, this one is short and sweet!

Happy 100th!
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I brought some ballons, ribbons and glass sparkley things to make the porch glow. Of course it could never match the glow of all the smiling people here. Especially since Linda brought us 100 bottles of beer!!

Thank you Mrdad for getting the party started.

I hope Carlanl brings some of that pinapple cheesecake, that is my fav.

Even SMG made an appearance, wow, this is really a special occasion.

Linda thanks for much for the beer and visit. Sorry it got a little chilly in Fl, but like you said better than snow.
    A itsy, bitsy, be keen ney,huh? You go girl, I haven't worn one of those in years,lol. Glad you have a good easter with the family. Looking forward to seeing you on the porch more.

I built a fire in the lodge and left some hot toddies for those of us that would like a warm drink. I also left some homemade cookies and lemon bars just for Mrdad.

Will be back later for the main course- to a great 100th party- Carla

5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What a wonderful celebration of good friends and good times! I am very honored that SMG was able to visit with us and bless this special occassion.

It is my hope that all "Porchies" (past and present) and any lurkers stop in and visit today.

The Porch is a great place to visit and I am thankful it is here for all of us to enjoy.

HUGS to all.

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

smg is doing a great job of holding us all together.

i have to take my excedrine cause my fibro is flaing up again...i think smg needs to get the weather warmed up for me.

7. mezombie

mezombie Member

I brought some guacamole and chips to go with the beer.

The porch looks so festive with all the decorations!

How about some music?
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi ther y'all,

Just wanted to pop in again for another quick one. Have been so busy with some company here since saturday and then another family will ocme in sometime on wednesday. Went to our daughters in Houston yesterday and brought some sald, wine and appetizers. The food was great !! We had pork loin roast with some kind of sausce made with jalepenows, apricott or peach jam and some other stuff. Really good and not to hot.

See that one candle on the cake I sent. It is for our first hundrreth anniversary. Does that make any sense???

I have been busy and so haven't had time to come on the porch the last few days.

Glad everyone seems to be doing pretty well. Flad Lin got to come too.

Jen - Sorry about the snow on Easter for little Brooklynn. I am sure she was happy though getting to eat her chocolate !!

Mezombie - Thanks for the chips and margaritas. That is very popular around here in Tx. !!!

I still have some stuffed muschooms left and some wine if you want to mix it with the Margaritas (-: !!

Hi there also to Sweetie, ckball and Mrdad ! Sorry but I have no time to write you all individually.

Wish I could stay to party some more. Am busy fixing dinner and then have to go to choral practice even with my company. Then we have a small group performance tomorrow. This week is the worst timing for company.

Enjoy the wine, stuffed mushrooms along with the chips and Margaritas. Interesting combo !!

Hope to get to you all tomorrow !! PARTY HARTY !!!

Love ya all and may this be the first of many anniversaries.

9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Thanks for the welcome in Vol. 98. I would love to be a part of you. I don't get on every day - some days are too full and some I am just lousy.

Congts. on 100 Vols. That is so great!!!

You know what I did yesterday (Easter)? Our daughter always mails us Easter baskets, candy, sugarless for hubby, new pens, new Bath and Body for me (Moonlight Path), jelly beans plus a whole bag of black ones , etc.

after we ate, I read on the box and it said 4 per serving. I decided that meant I could eat 4 at 3 different times during the day. I did it too!!!!! I love them.

I'd share my black jellybeans (truthfully, if I eat too many I get a stomach ache - let you get one)

Have fun and thanks for asking me in.

[This Message was Edited on 04/10/2007]
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

jen can't believe you had to put up w/snow on easter...we just have winds blowing around.

sounds like we need some jimmy buffet music playing margarita ville to go w/the drinks and appetizers.

i got to go now catch you all later.

11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---milestone celebration is well on it's way! Isn't it
    wonderful that the 100th fell upon us right "apres"
    Lent so there was no disappointing need to delay
    the Party. It must have been some "intervention" on
    behalf of SMG to affectuate such a timely happenstan-

Clicking on to her Bio. page reminds me of how u-
    niquely special she surely is! Indeed lovely, her un-
    selfish dedication to vocational pursuits is paramont
    to any other personal considerations! We thank you
    SMG for your continued guidance and altruistic ex-

A warm handshake,

12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i can't remember if i have yet officially. but i wanted to welcome you to the board.

what a great easter day for you!

hi sweetie and ckball and crla mr.dad gordon rafki annie c.

and everyone else i forgotton for now.

13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hey LilaC, (Joan)

You had better eat them all cause I love them too, They are the only ones I really loved, even as a kid. Maybe I was wierd ( oh well, sometimes I still am I guess).

I just had to get back to you and tell you about that. Now I have to fun to practice. Sorry, I do have time to sing for you all now (-: !!!

Hi to Jodie too. Sorry, I forgot you in the last post I think. Keep kool and have fun with Cody.

Keep up the celebratin !!Maybe I will be able to get back to you tomorrow but that will be another crazy one.

By wed. when SIL comes with my daughter and son I will probably not be able to get to the computer. He is truly a computer maniac (or more like obsessed with it). BTW, he is about 34 or 35 and is also immature in other ways too. To bad cannot pick your daughter ( or sons) mates !!I guess he could be alot worse but hope he grows up soon.

Lots of hugs,

14. ckball

ckball New Member

I just thought I would stop in and see who all wuz hear. I am on my way to the whirlpool, everyone invited, it is a huge one on my porch. (well a girl can dream,hehehe) I do love the feel of the jets on all those tender muscles. Once I got one, I will never be without one again.

I see we are still missin a few here today, come on in everyone this is a big party wiff room fer everyone.

I have been having tech issues with my printer, it keeps saying "jammed" and there is nothing in it! So I want to jam it,lol. Always sumthin- I hope everyone else is not too tired from the holiday weekend.

15. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You crazy Porchies! Congratulations for keeping such a positive and welcoming "place" going for 100 threads... amazing!

Long may you porch!
    Peace out,
  16. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

WOW!! What a coincidence that I happened in today!!

Congratulatons, you guys, and GREAT JOB. I'm so proud of all of you. So nice you've kept this going. Kudos to Joe, especially...and for keeping in touch, too.

I have missed you all a lot. Just got 'out of it' for a long time, still am to a point. Trying to get better, like everyone else. Too much other 'stuff' along with illness, and it gets overwhelming. You all know that old drill.

It is so good to see all of you and I will try harder to come visit often, if you'll have me, after all this time.

I really have been sick a lot and so haven't been up to much. Kind of like those normal days, only a lot worse! Ha. I'd like to have just one normal day, wouldn't you?

I see you gals have been keeping mrdad and the other guys in line. Good job!!!

Take care...hope everyone had a nice Easter.

17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

A very exciting day of Celebration thus far! Even
    Fredericka took a respite from her busy modeling
    career with Victoria Secret to share the moment !!
    From London, to the Idle Tower in Paris to the very
    top step of the PORCH, she refuses to let her beauty,
    fame and success distract her from wee Friends on
    the PORCH. It's hearthfealt Freddie! Thank you.

Huggles Freddie!
  18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is cause for a celebration...i know mr.dad is a happy camper.

love you all hapy 100th
  19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

----we are still on for Lunch at the Ferry Building S.F.

on Thursday afternoon! You are not getting my Emails

for some unknown reason though??? I know you

would have responded. I have sent them to both email

MRDAD Aka Joe
  20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i hope i am not deleting them...by mistake. they are not coming in on my emails as the one i know you by...hmm, let me do some investigating.

i'll be back'