Porchlight is on Vol. 102

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Apr 19, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yep! Another one just in time 4 the comin' weekend!

[This Message was Edited on 04/19/2007]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Finished the last of our small GIGS (our small group) today at a nearby ladies club... It worked out well considering we almost didn't have our piano player and then ended up with a small electric piano. That was a really long story, not knowing where she was when we went to pick her up. Our piano player is a real gem. She is in her late 80's, I believe and is some piano player and doesn't even need music alot of times. She ended up playing on someones small electric piano because the club didn't even have a piano. It wasn't very good (the elec. piano) but she did her best without all the needed keys.

We even got a good lunch complimentaty which was good. The best part was that it was the last meeting for us( I think) till we start up the big group again in mid Aug-Sept.

Tonight is our final rehearsal for our Choral Society performance tomorrow with the HS Varsity choir and orchestra. After that we will be done! Then, I just have a very small informal group and church choir. One has no practices during the evening.

Jodie - Thanks for the special voicebox grease. I will really need it since I really can't rest it today. I tried to do so a little yesterday since there was nothing going on. However, just practiced a little bit for today's performance.

Happy Anniversary - Mrdad and Jodie ! Is there something going on here we don't know about (-: ???? Aren't your eyes getting really tired Joe from all the BEE Kee Nee watching along the bay ( and wherever else you happen to be).

Hi Linda - glad you are back .

Bye for now. I really should go take a nap but I just put a wash one and should go see to that.

Warm hugs to all,

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

granni i hope the show goes well...and break a leg, not literally thought! nice you got a complimentary lunch.

i was just invited to come eat some abolonea(sp) on saturday i haven't ever had it before but i should atleast give it a try.

cody is busy working...i keep having my computer freeze on me the last two days....so that is why i wasn't hear sooner.

yes, mr.dad one week anniversary seems just like yesterday. infact i told my friend from tiburon what i did on spring break while she was stuck in detroit area of the land of ice and snow.

i ust made dinner a little terreyaki pork tenderloin w/baked sweet potatoes...and maybe i'll steam some green beans...

i just had my dannon activia yougart so i don't know if i can eat anymore. i did nibble on the pork and it was moist and scrumptious.

i signed up for a math summer class, but sure if it is the one the teacher really reccomended or not...i will call her tomarrow...of course she may be out surfing...she really surfs...

no more word on leo....it's a done subject i guess unless he decides to forward my items on his own...but he is probably keeping it as a collection...don't worry mr.dad he doesn't have any of the really nice things...

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just got an email from cody's high school football team...oh boy, spring training is coming the end of may then practice all summer and summer camps. then the games will be on...i can't wait for the games to begin! it will be his senior year in high school...i hope they get the chance to make it to state championship this year...

5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i know i had a difficult day in regards to my past incident. i need to force myself to call for some therapy from the victims of rape and talk to my counselor. they will give me 10 free one's until the state will pick up the tab for the rest for the next 10 years.

i am sitting hear doubting myself today, as well as, crying, and being angry about how things are not progressing the way i would think things would. i wonder how the heck can i help someone else if i can not get myself together myself. but i will try to stay positive as i can, that someone will give me the strength to carry on.

i called the state voc rehabilitation dept to tell them i am interested in them helping me w/my college and such. but i refuse to have them try to sway me into something i do not have an interest in.....

she tried to tell me to go for a alcohol/drug rehab counselor last time i talked to her...but i feel if i am going to do something i am not going to do it half arse.....

6. Granniluvsu

Hi sweetie,

I am sure that it is normal for you to have doubts about yourself with all tht has happened with you. Just keep up with what you've been doing and keep on trying to look at things positivily. I am sure that is difficult sometimes.

I think it is important for you to do go ahead with some therapy to keep your mind steered in the right direction, if you know what I mean. You certainly have enough to keep you busy with school and Cody. I (we) know you can do it !!!! You are a strong gal !

I think if you go for therapy, keep positive thoughts and try hard to find other things to do besides going to some of the places where you know who and buddies used to hang out you will be better off. It is not difficult to understand that you will need some therapy to help with possible depression, with all that you have gone through lately.

Don't know if you need any alcohol rehab or not. It doesn't sounds like it to me but it might not hurt to try it out for a short time to see if there are any benefits. Talk to your therapist about it and tell her/him about how much you have/have not been drinking and go from there.

However, as I said before, if you continue to talk to a real therapist, and you stay away from those old "friends" and some of their bad habits you will too. This is not saying that you drank/drink as much as Leo or any other of them. I am not just talking about Leo.

You also might not need to drink as much as any of them to have bad effects with your DD, etc. So, you might have to be more careful around alcohol. I am also not sure what meds you are taking that might also cause problems when mixed with alcohol. I would think that all that studying you have to do and Cody would keep you busy enough. I know that friends are important but look for the friends that don't pull you in the wrong direction, if you know what I mean.

I, myself love my wine (as does my DH) and have tried to be careful of how much I drink with what meds I am taking. I have been also trying not to take so much pain meds (now taking 1/2 darvocet once a day instead of two a day). Then I feel I can have a glass of wine or two at dinner time somedays. That is days when I am at home and not driving anyplace. I also take a small dose of generic klonopin and flexeril before bed to help sleep.

God bless you and try not to be so hard on yourself ! Dry your tears hon and know we are thinking about you and sending warm hugs your way.

Granni(mom) (-: !!! ((((Jodie ))))
  7. Granniluvsu

Hi again Jodie,

I just thought that perhaps you might talk to your doctor, if you have problems sleeping, esp after all your problems.

I was getting up many times through the night and having to go to the bathroom and then not able to go back to sleep. When I was finally dxed, about 1 year ago my dr. (Rheumy)first started me on gen. flexeril to see if that would help. It was a light dosage. It did help a little bit but when I told her, she suggested to ALSO take gen. Klonopin an hour or so before bed. Well, that seemed to have worked. I now also sleep most nights pretty well and do not get up at all most nights to go potty or anything else. I take them both at the same time and I don't feel any more drugged than usual (-: !! If you do you might also try taking them earlier than 1 hr or so before bed.

This is just a suggestion. but if you continue to get no or little sleep you will only feel worse and I would think that the chance for more depression plus feeling worse than usual would be more.

Just talk to your doc. about it.

More warm hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 04/20/2007]
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Trouble sleeping ? Tell ya what I do if'in I'm having

that problem. I found a "sure fired" method to fall

asleep fast and sound!! I reach into my cassette

tape box and Pop-in one of my old tapes whereby

Al Gore is giving one of his Political Speeches from

his 2000 campaign !! Works every time.

Huggles Ladies!

9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but he would just make laugh at how much an idiot he is at public speaking...

i got off the phone w/state voc rehab lady this morning..made an appt. she basically said they would not help me to get my phd in psychology//they want to have you hurry up and finish a short course to get you to work asap...i said i don't feel like i should settle for anything less than my passion. then threw her a curve ball i said will you guys pay for me to get my ba in teaching? she said yes, and also my teaching credentials.

maybe i should do that....then i could teach them a few things or two...oops am i being too synical today.

then granniluvs, i talked to the rape crisis line, they said i am being normal(lol), for what i have been through based on my past history of sexual abuse and then the current sexual abuse case. she said just be around safe people for now. so i do feel safe down at a few local pubs cause i know them and they know me. she said when trauma happens like this, especially when it is acquaitance rape(assualt), it is even more difficult to get over opposed to stranger rape.

she said i am doing the right thing...schedule more appts, possibly cancel summer class. maybe i will then it will give me more time to spend helping the football team during the summer.

of course more time with joe aka mr.sugar dad...oops i'm sorry i gave out my pet name for you mr.dad. my apologies.

well i just had my protein bar yummy in my tummy. thinking about seeing if i can join a gym and how much it will be a month..plus i need to set appt w/attorney to raise my child support again...not be so darn nice anymore....

love you all boy did i wake up all swollen from sea salt pita chips and spinach dip...the terrryaki pork loin. i just took my maxide. oh granni, i alrady take kolonopin at night...three tablets seems to do the trick i thought i could try only two tablets...

i'm dealing w/ post traumatic stress syndrome from february, night mares...and even saying things like i want to be with leo when i wake up out of a dream state....why they heck do i want to do that you think? part of not wanting to be alone at night after something like this happens.

well talk to you all later....

huggles and the uti is getting better i guess...i need to go pee in a cup tomarrow and make sure i am all cleared up...

i need to do laundry but my wonderful son lost the card for the laundry room had about 40 dollars worth of money on it. so i need to buy another...i'm going to make him carry all my laudry down for me and bring it back up...those dreaded stairs...

10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry about the caps and the kids having computer withdrawals...remember when we didn't have them in our homes? it was the telephone, dictionary, and encyclopedia's...if we were really fortunate we may have had a friend that had pong to play that tennis game.

thank you for telling me to keep my chin up! i will survive i refuse to let those men interfear w/my personal goals. but i am considering taking the summer off just to spend time on therapy for myself....i am sure my pyschologist will agree. it is just disheartening for me to feel like i need to quit for a bit, atleast until fall sememester. but when you aren't sleeping for someone that is a normal fibro/cfs person....it is even worse. focus what the heck is that?lol

well i think i may get a nice hot shower then go to post office. then maybe to the local pub...only drinking water now days so i do not make anymore poor decisions for myself to be safe for myself until i get my head screwed on right.

love you all and i will let you know if cody gets to go to the track invitationals tomarrow morning....i should find out tonight when he gets home.

then i will be getting up early to go that to watch him win or lose. next year will be better for him since he will be a senior....

football can't wait for that!

cody just came home from practice and has been invited for the invitational...you have to qualify somehow to be able to go....so let's pray he has his focus on and spin that discus to kingdom come...and throw that shot put out of the ring...

[This Message was Edited on 04/20/2007]
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just taco bell, definetly not as good as joe's wine and dinning me for sure.

well need to fiddle around on google then try to go to sleep earlier tonight to rise and shine for cody's track invitational in the morning.

goodnight to all

12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it's just myself, granni, and mr.dad. i hope everyone is doing well as can be expected.

i just got back a little while ago from local sports bar..i was good and had water and danced my tush off....it reminded me of how my tailbone is killing me when i was trying to do my fancy little moves. i had one young man come over to dance with me..then left because he said i was making him look bad.
    the boy could move.

i didn't tell him i took dance lessons and i have cleared out floors before.

all and all a good night and caught up w/some friends so that was good.

13. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Jodie: Glad ya went out and had a good time for awhile
    last night! I was over the Bridge in Mill Valley to dinner
    with my Friends and the Boys! Returned home by
    9 p.m., returned the phone call from the "Old Squeeze"
    and was asleep by 10.00 !! They are coming over to
    the City this aft so I may get a change to see them for
    Lunch and a "Merry-Go-Round" ride at Moscone Cen-
    ter! At my suggestion, I've been wanting to do that for
    months. Best wishes to Cody this wkend!!

Linda: Glad Spring has Sprung back there! Maybe
    Annie will have good weather for her return home
    from Canada. I also am anxious to hear how all went
    with Geoff and Family ?

Thanks for the "jokes"! I'll use them today but be sure
    to assign you the credit! Yea, Linda, the story about
    S.F. banning plastic bags at major grocery and phar-
    macies broke while you were sunbathing in your "Kee
    Nee" on that Florida Beach! Of course, just my luck.
    I had just worked out a plan with Weyerhauser and
    Dupont for a new product to be developed. Within a
    year the question by the Grocery line clerk would have
    been, "paper, plastic, or---plastic paper ? Oh. well,
    the day late dollar short thingy again !!
    Maybe we can make a dent in the 9 billion plastic
    used in California alone each year? They end up in
    everything and everywhere!!

Hope you find your weekend to be relaxing. Tell
    Hubby I have an observation to share with the both
    of you in an Email soon!

Gonna get that 2nd Cup of Coffee! Are the San Jose
    Sharks still in the Hocky Frey?

JOE aka MRDAD

[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2007]
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

boy i am so glad i am not alone today here on this porch.

mr.dad, glad you got to come over to the bridge. did you go out to dinner or was it a homecooked meal? if you went out where did you go for dinner? just curious, cause i used to have my favorite being the chart house but they have been closed for sometime now...bummer. they used to have a chart house in old town alexandria virginia...so yummy and overlooked the potomac river. you know where some battles have taken place in the past in the revolutionary war. and civil war.
    i hope i have my history correct or smg is going to take out that ruler and swat my hand.

linda, thanks for the prompts for cody's invitational....
    you are not going to believe what happened....he got a call from one of the coaches this morning and they told him the invitational decided to change the time of the varsity boys to 9 am instead of 11 am. so basically it was too late for cody to show up. that stinks..... i wonder how many others didn't make it for the event.

that is about it for me. thinking about getting out of the house and seeing what burlington coat factory has for summer clothes and another favorite place i like to go for clothes in san rafael on 4th street...that is where they shot film on the movie american graffetti....i remember watching that in the movie theater w/my mother.

peace out everyone.

15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

self tanner's are just as good...but i still like to get out in the sun and lay on that hot sand....feels so so good.

didn't you mention something about hockey? well the detroit red wings still have a gave today as well...so maybe we can have a stanley cup party?

16. ckball

ckball New Member

barely. I have been powerwashing like a mad woman. It's not too bad when you duck tape the trigger shut. I think I have washed every square inch of my house. I am going to stain and seal the front porch tomorrow.

I will be so glad to get this done. The good news is Lowes replaced the broken powerwasher. My GF bought it about 1 and a half ago and her brother used it once. Then I borrowed it and it blew a rod. It was not repairable, I felt so bad but we decided to give it shot. Without the receipt they gave her a new one.

So now I need a good chiro and a massage, I was working until almost 11 last night, then have been at it all day. I am paying for it but it is all good. Pain to me means I am accomplishing something.

Linda I'm glad you had a good vaca and got your garage cleaned. The weather has been great here too.

Mrdad-hope you are having a good weekend, the dinner wiff the family sounded like fun. What it is like to cross that big bridge. I have been to San Fran once, went to the wharf and China Town but didn't get to cross the bridge. I did see it from the air, that thing is so amazing.

Jodie- glad you are starting to feel better and trying to move forward, bummer about Cody's practice.

Granni I hope thiings slow down a bit for you now that all the company and singing stuff is over.

I think I will get in the tub and let the massaging bubbles do their thing. Carla
  17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Carla ! Wow! You are getting so MUCH done back there on the Property. I'll bet that the "Girls's"love havin'
    ya outside there all day. Sounds as if you are pretty much ready for the enjoyment of Spring and Summer
    in Old Kin-Tuc !! Sorry the back hurts a bit and if'in I
    were there, I'd have it better in NO time. People asked
    as to why (for a Catholic) I only had two Kids! I usually
    retorted, defensively, "cause I give GREAT backrubs"!!
    A totally "unproductive" skill in a relationship !!

The Bridge, however was beautiful last nite! The weather was void of Fog and one could see for 50+
    miles or more! City was just coming to "light" at 8:30
    p.m. and indeed gorgeous! I crossed that Bridge twice
    a day , three days a week for two years and the beauty
    of its art and engineering never got dull. Only $30 mil.
    of private money to built in the late 30's! Ya wouldn't want to even think of the cost in today's money!
    I understand that the Bridge Designer or Engineer (??)never saw his
    end product! Seems odd not to have seen the product of one's own brilliant mind and talent?

Jodie: She actually did a Lasagna (meatless) dinner
    with Organic veggies and homemade bread! They aren't "vegans" but decided that they were eating too much meat and to try doing wiffout at times. It was very good as she is a wonderful cook, always! Similar to what I would think you are according to the things you
    share wiff us about your meal prep! Asked her some years ago if she leatrned to cook from her mother? No,
    "I grew up on T.V. dinners and Mom couldn't boil an egg"! Funny how things go sometimes isn't it. My wife
    was the same. A good cook but her mother was very boring and generic in the Kitchen!

Well, now I'm HUNGRY! "Talk to all later. "K"?

HEY "Cookie" !!
  18. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yes Linda. I was referring to the Golden Gate Bridge
    and it is the only one that runs North>South as the
    others run East>West !! I ran into an Old Retired
    Union Welder as he had a Union Jacket on! He volun-
    teer that he had worked on the "Bridge" most of his
    career. Asked him what he recalled as his most vivid
    recollection? "It was cold", was his reply! I bet !!
    Nothin' more needed to be said, I'm sure!!!

It's 1:30 in Buffalo right now so I hope the Kid is home
    safe and sound! Guess the warmer weather hits and
    it becomes a time of celebration for the young people
    as well.

Jodie: I WILL try to call you Sunday! One day we shall
    have to 'cruise' around Town and see the sights! It
    would be fun. Bumber about Cody's meet being can-
    celled at the last minute! Seems totally unprofession-
    al on such limited notice. I'd be P.O.'ed and demand
    and explanation and apology! Weekends are to im-
    portant for others to "screwup" for us!

Huggles Ladies!
  19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Where are the rest of the "Kids" this morning! I'm
    sure Granni or Jodie will be by soon. Haven't forgotten
    about that email to you and Hubby at some point today!

Well, "Meet the Press" is on and I'm lready on my 2nd
    cup of coffee! I'll wake up soon, "me thinks"?

Hope all are warm and having a happy Sunday.
    MRDAD AkA Joe
  20. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Well I'm doing decent lately still but god, I just need a break! Mainly, I just want away from my kids for a day, a weekend would be a dream come true! Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly, but I have not had one night to myself without them for about 3 1/2 years and frankly I just really want to feel like someone other than a college student or a mom for just one night!

My bar going days are long over and I really dont' want to do anything but lay around my house, watch tv, maybe read a book and not have ANYONE bother me! I can't say I don't get a little bitter sometimes when my MIL takes everyone's kids for the weekend, but for some reason, they dont' ever want to try and come get Brooklynne. It breaks my heart when she asks if she can go to Grandma's and I really can't give her a good reason why, other than well, I guess grandma will drive 60 mile for Corbin, but won't go 15 more to get you (of course I dont' say that, but I sure think it). My inlaws have down so much for us, and i do love them dearly, but I'm just so overwhelmed with everything now, I just don't know what it's like to just be myself anymore!

If I sit down on the computer to check email, my kids follow me, if I go to the bathroom, the kids follow me, if I try to do the dishes, they want to do them too. It's nice but at the same time, COME ON!

Really aggravating when I sit down 10 seconds and then Brayden comes and keeps swinging me around in the computer chair because he wants me to do something else. I really try and make sure I get quality time with them whenever I can. And I know that it's been hard with my school hours, but like I said, I haven't had a night without them since Brayden has been born and even longer than that before he was born. Am I nuts for going a little crazy?