Porchlight is on Vol. 113 (Closed)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jun 3, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Kids! Hope no one gets "caught " in the transition!

[This Message was Edited on 06/07/2007]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just don't know how i will be able to wake up 6/18 for my morning math at 8 am m-th...most likely will need to leave around 6:30 am....oh my!

i went to bed around 11 pm and got a phone call around 10:45 am. i want to be normal again...but when will they have a cure for us all.

made a little breakfast. sunny is only peeping out again.

should i go shopping for clothes for cody and shoes for today.

that is my question as of now. or just plain ol'wait till tomarrow.

3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

NOT to worry about waking up in time on the 18th !

I still have your cell phone number in my REFRIGER-

ATOR ! ! I can give ya a "wakeup" call, but hope we

will be doin' a Mexican Lunch here in the City B-4 then!

P.S. Sssshh, think Carla-nl finally is asleep![This Message was Edited on 06/03/2007]
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I have the same problems as you but luckily I do not have to be anywere to early most of the time. I forget who gaave you that suggestion but it sounded pretty good about getting a LOUD alarm clock (without a snooze button) and if it does put it accross the room so you HAVE to get up for you call. I know, I dones not sould like fun to me at all.

Good luck anyway on your classes and getting up? Do you start tomorrow or the nedt week?? Enjoy the rest of your weekend. and GO TO BED EARLY !!! That also might be a good start.

Gotta run for now and try check in on you guys and also soon. Grandkids come tomorrow afternoon.

Love to everyone out there.

5. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

My alarm clock keeps getting louder and louder until you get up and turn it off. Works great! It even had a nice feature where it would automatically change times to daylight savings time. Worked great until this year when they switched when they did it.
    I was almost late for work!
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

june 18th....oh no!

i just made a microwave stoffers lasgne, garlic bread and green beans in the microwave as well.

i went out shopping again..bought so cute wedge heeled sandles that have cherries on them to match my cherry shorts i bought in oregon....
    and another pair of white wedge sandles goes wiff anything this summer.

bought cody 3 pairs shorts and about 6 shirts some nice button downe ones and some casual ones. he has out grown his old shirts....wears xl shirts broad shoulders...his pants are too short thank goodness i don't have to worry about jeans and dress slacks till school.

well that has been my day today.

linda i forgot what the heck i was going to say to you. duh brain dead i know it was important too.

hi joe and linda anyways.

i remember linda...congratulations on your weight loss you can do it! i am back down to a size 2/3...

jodie[This Message was Edited on 06/03/2007]
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Good Morning to all of you. I wanted to check in with you guys and girls. I've been checking in on the board but I am having trouble putting my thoughts into words. I've tried several times and end up deleting what I am attempting to write to you. I guess this is still the depression "thing" going on mixed with cognitive problems.

My FIL is gravely ill and our time & what little energy I have has been used for him and my "special" SIL. We had to move him from an assisted living home four weeks ago to a nursing home. We had a meeting with them Friday and if he keeps progressing as he has recently he has approximately two weeks left. We knew he was ill but we are in shock. I had to tell my SIL and it was so hard. She is still so much like a child emotionally.

I wish all of you to be the best that you can. I hope my life settles down just a little so that I can join all of you on The Porch on a regular schedule again.

8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good morning, Porchie Pals,

I'm glad to hear that everyone is on a fairly even or usual keel - except Sweetie who's going though a rough time again - or still? I'm hoping for a break for 'ya, Susan.

Here in Michigan we have a week of rain. The temps have cooled down too which I don't mind, but I do miss that old sun. Here on the porch it's always perfect weather.

Jodie, if you'd like to borrow Sophie for a week to get you back in the habit of waking up early, I'd be glad to oblige. She'd have you out of bed the very minute she heard you move in bed or 5:30 a.m. whichever came first. She could stay with Joe awhile after that.... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At the shelter they tell me she needs a pet friend. I don't want another cat. I don't really want one cat. But she's doing her best and she's not a cat with habits most people would find charming so I feel a responsibility to her. I'm thinking that as soon as I get through with some of my body maintenance appointments, I need to talk to the vet about her. She's anxious and I'm not sure why unless it's me, that she's picking up my anxiety lately. Who, me, anxious????

Meanwhile, hugs to all near and far -

9. Granniluvsu

That means kid day or maybe I should have said GK (grandkid day). So trying to get ready and psyched up for that. They are realy good kids but tiring no less and their mom being the good mother she is has them read to me or their sister daily and work in their work books. We will see if she does the same thing today. The hard part too is that DH is usually not home evry night with his KC meetings he has to go to. This is a bad time and he has to go to two of them. He may skip the last one which will be they day they leave. Then I get a weekend to rest before the boys are back again on monday afternoon till friday for the rest of their golf cammp. PHEW !! Hope I make it OK.

Jodie - Well glad that you do not have to starat school yet. Maybe you could make a few practice runs with your alarm clock and going to bed earlier (-: !! Glad you got some of your shopping done. Sounds like you got some good stuff, Cody too.

Marta - sorry that Ms Soa[pie is still not getting her charming cat act together. Maybe she nees to go to Kitty Charm School (-: !! I know they have obedience schools for Dogs and puppies but I don't know about cats. I also know that cats clearly have their own agenda, if you know what I mean. Hope she looses some of her unwanted traits soon!! Sorry also to her about your week of rin. I know what that is like and it is no fun besides t is more depressing and colder and I know my body can't take very much of it. How your sun comes out soon !!!

Linda - Glad that your daughter have a fun class trip - lucky girl. It sure is a different time. My daughter told me that my granddaughter was invited I guess by one of her friends togo on a cruise. Not sure hwere, guessing mexico but really do not know.. It olny toom me over 50 years of life before I went on one. How old is daughter #2? those teenage years can be something else I know and youa re doing the right thing. Hopefully she has learded her lesson.Poor thing sounds like she is So deprived (-:! Your pounishment sounds familiar to me but we didn't have all the things nowadays to keep them from as they do now. You are a good mom !! You have to be patient and persistant and don't give in.

Sweetie - Glad you popped in again for a short visit. Sorry to hear aboaut you fil. I know how bad tht is. DH;s dad lived with s for MANY years and then he got alzheimers among other things. He was in such poor condition when we put him a nursing home he died within two to three days. His condition amonst other things, inc a teenage daughter that was driving me crazy and some of my physical problems and doing home child care that helped to get started with this awful DD. I know you are also busy with your special SIL too.

My thoughts are with you at this terrible time. Hope you don't feel to horrible physically ( or more horrible) if you know what I mean.

Mrdad- what on earth are you doing with Jodie's CP # IN the refrigerator. I think you meant on but I thought I would kid you about thatone. That is like may of my types whic I make regularly. I write so fast many times and do not worry about the check spell thing.

May you all have a great week. I hope to check in on you once in awhile but i will be very busy this week with the lkiddos and spending laot of time at the pool frying. Yes I do get in the water to cool off but I am not much of a swimmer.

Gotta run now. Love to everyone inc. those who are hiding again or anyone I may have forgotten. Say a quick prayer for me that I survive my grandkids this week (that means have the energy.)

Many warm hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 06/04/2007]
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is difficult i know...haven't dealt w/a close loved one that bad off yet...buti understand depression.

marta i am allergic to cat's and so is cody. ha chew! watery eyes and atshma attacks for us. dogs are usually better. but that is an extra expense for me.

linda darn it i forgot again what i was going to say to you...

granni you're busy w/kiddos i see.

well i am going to get some tan time in it is somewhat warm..

11. ckball

ckball New Member

I have been busy this week. I had to work Fri and Sat 10-5. One sale allllll day. I did manage to connect with earthlink and was able to fix my website but basically had to delete most pics and upload them all again. That is what I did most of the day yesterday.

I did speak to our dncn buddy for over 2 hours yesterday. Thank goodness for my little headset. I was able to pull some weeds and worked on my chair covers while on the phone. She had a really serious adrenal failure and nearly died, but she is coming back slowly.

Sweetie glad to see you slip in. I am sorry about your FIL and the whole situation. Life is never easy. My prayers go out to you.

Jodie-shopping!! It has been so long since I shopped for cute shoes. I may be young at heart and "in my day" was a very snappy dresser, I now only wear tennies and my speical assortment of black Easy Spirit mules, heels and tie ups. Exciting huh? or my timberlake sandals. Comfort over fashion with arthritis in my feet.

Marta would you like me to send Smitten over for a play date and see how they do. She still lives in the bathroom and sleeps under the sink. I put her a fluffy pillow and her food and water and she seems happy not to come out INTO THE HOUSE. Even when the dogs are out she just runs back to her cave. She always comes out to visit when I go in. I leave the door shut all the time and she sits on the dryer and looks out the window. She plays with my head bands I wear as sweat bands when I walk. She also turns my 2 rugs over alot.

They really do feel what we feel. If we are anxious they will be too. I have had some progress with the girls and the new neighbors. We walked by last night and they were having their own porch party and no barking, that is a major step. I have been trying to work on being calm and transfer it to them. WIsh it happened overnight.

Linda- those teens! My GD was grounded more often than not this year. She turned 16 in Feb and she is in Ireland, I like granni waited many years before I got to travel, but no cruise or overseas trips. They do have it sooooooooo hard. I am jealous she went to Cedar Point. I love rollar coasters and always wanted to go there, but I don't know if I could do it all now.

Did you get you mulch down? I am still undecided on how I want to dress the house since I put the fabric down. Don't you have to redo mulch every year or so.

Granni- don't forget the suncreen. I give ya credit for taken all of them on at once.

Mrdad- be on the look out for that "special shipment" maybe get the stress ball out and get in pratice.

I got up this morning and had no water, it finally came back on around noon. My hot water tank was making noises so I turned the breaker off. Just remembered that and now I don't think I have hot enough water to fill my tub :-(. I just got up and turned it back on.

Enough for now, my brain hurts after all the puter programing for my site. I did finish the Before and After page. I still have to upload more recent pics of glass. See ya later-Carla
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had one of those mornings i remember back in the days of high school and working etc...how you hear the alarm...then i would force myself to get up to reset it for another 30 minutes.

i made it to my appt and i have another college appt at 2:30 pm. to get my book grant. for math this summer 6 weeks.

still no drinking any alcoholic beverages for me. gonna wait till friday the 8th and talk w/my psychologist. then take it from there. i do not have cravings for it or withdrawals, at all. heck i called my exhb the other day and asked him out of the years he has known me has he ever recalled me having a black out....he replied, "that was always him that did that." well atleast he admits it now.

just those date rape drugs are bad news for the people's brain chemistry...not trying to make excuses.

don't miss the drinking just miss being w/people...but after that night i don't want to be around those people..

still in the normal pains of fibro/cfs is getting worse...
    my wrist still hurts since the jerk assualted in feb. i guess i should force myself to make a dr appt.

other than that life is grand..

13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just still don't know how i will be able to do those morning classes...i am so tired...

i want to join my old gym..maybe that will help some, more energy. i have a friend that wants to join...but she doesn't get off work home till 6 pm...i am so bad when i normally work out i get alot of energy then i can't fall asleep when i needed for let's say work...

mr.dad how cold is it there..it is a windy day here in novato. incredibly cool.....

gonna get something to eat..protein bar not really hungry but they have vitamins and protein in them etc. oh the fiber as well....maybe one of those activa yogurts for my ibs...i know too much information.

14. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm in a strange mood lately. Have been reading but no energy to talk at you all. Not in quite as bad of a flare but still got the blahs a little. Maybe if we get more sunny warm weather up here I'll come around again. I tend to get blah anytime weather is changeable like this.

Have got some good news..sorta,kinda. No Cushings ! The young Endo was totally surprised but all her testing came out fine and dandy. She called my GP and advised better pain control as to her that has to be the answer. Strange! Oh well I have got the patches of lidocaine. They do wonders for the sciatica but nothing for the thoracic spine issues.

Did I see Mrdad got caught doing illegal exams???? You ought to be ashamed of yourself....lol

Jodie, do you have someone who could call you on the phone about the time you must be getting up? We used to need to do that for one of our sons. Now he's got a wife to give him a good poke in the ribs.

Granni, you amaze me. It's fantastic reading about your activities. You go girl!

Marta, Sorry that Sophie is still being a royal pain. Cats do tend to be much more stubborn than dogs I think.

Linda is still working I see.

Carla I love your home. You do good work girl.

Dutch Carla,Are you still having leg issues from getting doored? That must have been like having a nightmare come alive. Hope your better soon with no lasting effects.

Sweetie, sounds like you're still in flare mode too.Sorry to hear that.

I hope I got everyone. I do read so be sure to know I do think about you all even if my get up and go got up and left.
  15. Granniluvsu

Hi my dear Porchies and Porchettes,

Having a busy time here with the kids, even with them being so good really. My daughter still wanted me to have them (the twin boys) read to me and do the flash cards, writing in cursive thing. We already went to the pool after the boys went to golf camp. They even wanted to go tonight after we went out for pizza. However, I was a mean granni and told them no, that once was enough for the day. I see the 13 yr old gd has pink all over her face and one of the boys is complaining about water still being in his ears. That is enough for the day.

I was trying to figure out when we could go again. Then, another friend who also has her granddaughter asked if we wanted to come down for ice cream tomorrow after dinner. The kids also want to go sometime to go feed the ducks in the lake by the Mickey D's. Those ducks are the best fed ducks in town. We go tomorrow morning after the golf camp to see a friend's horses and some of the animals at the barn where she boards her horses. I don't know when to get them to the pool again but I'll have to ge them some time.

Friday afternoon their dad picks them up and brings them home. The GD has a babysitting job tht weekend and will help her other grandmother at her church next week while the boys come back here for another week of golf camp.

I get tired watching the kids diving into and play in the pool. I just get a little wet and sit out and watch. I never really learned to swim correctly and was raised going to Rockaway beach in NY, in the ocean. How can anyone swim in that ???

Don't have time right now to answer you all individiually. Glad to see Maineweezie back again for a visit.

Jodie - Keep working at it (trying to get up early). I know what you mean.. It is not an easy thing to do and may take a little bit of time. Of course, you start your classes in another week and 1/2 or so. Sorry you have such early classes. I hope you don't have to far to go for your classes !!

Bye for now. I will try and get back soon again ! GD now sleeps in this room and is also sometimes on the computer. So, I can't get in.

Hugs and luv to you all,

16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Have trouble wiff my Dial-Up service again! Lost a Post here to yose Guys as well as an Email. Gonna just say hello to all and to let Granni know that it was
    not an error and that indeed, Jodie's phone no. is IN the refrigerator and not ON it. Have to keep it in there
    cause it's so HOT ! Right Jodie?

Weezie: Not to worry about Jodie over sleeping as I have offered to call her at 6:30 a.m. if she needs me
    to do that.

Gotta go!

[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2007]
  17. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i spend some time at the local pub...did fine had two beers..i don't know if that was wrong for me or not...but i did speak to the bartender on shift the other night...he said he got me a cab and cost him 6.00 dollars so i thanked him and handed him a 20 spot....said will that be enought to keep him quiet and not tell anyone? he said no problem...

well i am home now and have been for a few hours or longer..gonnna go to bed now

18. ckball

ckball New Member

Haven't seen Linda, Marta, or Annie for awhile.

Jodie you gave me the best laugh all night when I read the romantic thread the you wrote, then I guess you read Texmia's profile and thought a big oooooooooopppss!. I loved it. And so did she, funny lady. Loved to her in the school girl outfit,lol.

Granni- they say younguns make ya young again, but "THEY" must not be sick. Wears me out thinking about all you have to do.

Did I see Mainweezie pop in, it is still early for me, not runnin on all cylinders yet. Yep, I just went back to read. I have thoracic pain too. I have found nothing that really stops it, except me stopping everything I do and lay down. That is not me. I have the lidoderms to but forget about them. I think I will try one today since I a working on glass, my worst pain trigger. Glad you don't have Cushings and your Dr is giving you more pain meds. I got a full body bone scan and I am missing a disc in my T-spine which caused scolosis and am waiting to see if the new pain clinic will take me in for nerve blocks.

I did finish my red painting on my windows and doors, then looked like Lizzie Bordon when I was done all I needed was my axe.

Today I am making 2 very special flutterbys that will fly over the ocean. A special lady on the board emailed me and she is buying one for her and one for her daughter. She has 2 very unusal kitty cats :) and her name is a flower.

Mrdad you are so sweet to offer to get Jodie up when she goes back to school. I bet if you have a car you would volunteer to drive up everyday to getter up ;-)

Not much puter time today, need to cut the glass. I will post pics when I am done. Hello to all and hope your enjoying your day. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 06/06/2007]
  19. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had to carry in groceries last night when i came home. so my elbow and wrist hurting pretty good. i am supposed to have a 4 pm. appt to day. w.divorce attorney...i need my copy of my tax return, but section eight housing has it. w/my bank statements etc...left message for them yesterday to get backw/me about no word.

i need to read the laughs people got on my reply on a romantic night...i guess i probably came on a little buck wild possibly...did you make any good suggestions i didn't think of....i could've said go to the adult toy stores...or they could call into that t/v. radio show called talked "talk sex w/sue" this lady is old enough to be my real granni. and she gets all into every topic.

well need to get busy

20. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Stil 1/2 ing Dialup probs. Gonna 1/2 to sey Hi and bi
    hope all R "well" !