Porchlight is on Vol 115

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Kids! Gonna make the transition while I can!

"K"?

MRDAD
    P.S. Yea, still havin' that "Connectile Dysfunction"
    Thing-e !! 'Puter Kid thinks a change may be in order
    here! Oh boy!! Niagara isn't even gonna help![This Message was Edited on 06/12/2007]
  2. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear you're still having "Connectile Dysfunction" Never heard that name before but it makes perfect sense. The darned computers get to the point that they to seem to get these DDs. Bummer for sure. Our computers are our lifelines to our friends on the boards. Hope they solve things soon for you.

Looks like I can remember today but it's just starting so I can't mess it up. Yes Linda I think of the fog as a bank. Locked up securely and unless you have the withdrawal slips you can't get beyond the door. The weathers been beautiful up here in Maine too. Our cost of living is also lower than yours. I do country as me and cities don't do well except for shopping.
    Granni's got the boys this week I see. It's lots of fun to have the youngsters near but it does sap the energy. My own grandson who is 15 stopped in tonight and hit his head on the top of the door casing as he forgot to duck. This kid may grow much more before he's done. It's getting hard to reach up to give him a kiss........lol. He's mowing lawns this summer to earn money towards his school clothing.

Carla, The patches help but I find myself over doing somethings when I have them on for the sciatica area. Need to warn you about that.

Carla from the Netherlands are you starting to feel any better yet? I do kinda worry about you. Around here we pop in not fall in the door. I picture the door coming off the hinges and you crashing in with it on top of you. Terms differ so very much all over the world.

Oh my I need to go to bed soon. One eye's peeking at the other which is a sure sign that I'm very tired. Besides my dog has tried to pull me out of the chair twice while I was typing this.

Hello to everyone else before I leave. Good Night,

Maineweezie
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Can't beleive it is Wed already and I haven't accomplished much this week. I over did Fri, Sat and Sun so now I pay.

Weezie once I get going I don't know when to stop, it's like "just finish this or that then I keep going". I just kept chucking those bricks up the hill. I did have enough to go all around my house. Then I will have someone bring and spread the gravel, while I am slightly crazy, I am not a total nut job yet,lol.

Mrdad you just beat me in the transition. I was going to start a new thread and you beat me out, it was that extra 15 minutes I spent in the whirrly pool, as my GD calls it.

Linda- I bet your dragging with all your meetings and such. I know what you mean about tired of eating soft food. I gave up my favoite cereal Special K Vanilla Almomd. I would rather eat with out my dentures and usually don't wear them unless I go out, lately I wear my uppers when I take the gorls for their walk because the nieghbors are out more. I have been trying to lose weight and have lost 12 pounds since March. My 14's were getting a little too tight and did not want to buy new clothes so I have been making an effort. Hard to do when you live on pasta, mac & cheese, Stouffers Lasgna-love it and can eat it without my teeth.

Do you get to wear scrubs most of the time or do you actually have to wear real clothes?

I did hear from Carlanl she is not doing well and has a cardio appt today. Still having blue feet and legs. I was researching my redneck and found something about blue legs and sent it to her. It is called cyanosis. She said that is they think it could be.

I have had a large butterfly/eagle red area on the front of my neck and around towards the back. It has been there for several years. It is not a rash but a discoloration under the skin. When I get hot it gets much redder and almost purple at times. I have shown it to my Drs but no reasons as to what it is. I looked at so many picks on line but can't find one like mine. I was tested for Lupus but it was a negative, but we all know how the tests go.

I have procrasted long enough, off to Wally's for food and meds. Hello to Jodie, Marta, Granni, sweetie and anyone else peepin in-Carla
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Just remembered Kids, it's Father's Day again this Sunday the 17th !! Good looking, chrismatic and "viral",
    it's always indeed a traumatic day for me as you can well imagine! I try to keep a very low profile, no door
    bells or phones, curtails closed tightly!

Biggest fear that Day is some kid, whom I've never
    seen before, will run up with a card and flowers! Ya know what I'm sayin?

MRDAD (I mean---JOE) !

[This Message was Edited on 06/13/2007]
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

father is. and even if i did show up to your dad and called you mr.dad that would be a compliment...you are a caring, charismatic, intelligent individual. plus if the mom's haven't filed for child support before the kiddos turned 18 you don't owe any child support arrearages. so i am sure you are in the clear.

but i do wish you a happy father's day....and we will need to soon do another fun day running around in our speedo's and keeni's.

i am going to get my hair done in a less than an hour.

then i go for letter from my psychologist to take to school to get out of my math class this summer. i don't want to, but i am having emotional difficulties to focus...so that is why dr. said take a break and deal w/my past ptsd. so i don't get worse and set myself up for failure.

well talk to you all later. weeizie how are you doing...i saw you peeped in.

jodie
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Y'all,

Two more days till the boys go home. Yes, they really have been pretty good for 9 yr old boys. All I can say is Thankg God for Pools computers and TV's. It has been so hot here to go out in the afternoon. I have been to the pool, in the HOT sun for two days but today we went to a children's museum which was cute but some of the things were a little young for the boys. They did have fun with some of it though. We will go out for Pizza tonight and then they will got with "Grandpa" and will meet up with a friend of DH's and two grandsons to play two holes of golf. That should be very intersting !!!

Mr dad - I just love that term "Connectile dysfunction?" Did you just come up with that one - very cute !! It is just the right word for your server /computer problems. Hope you have a great Father's Day. Not to worry ! I am sure you will have a great day !!!(-: Ours will be fairly quiet with our son and DIL. Everyone else is to far away or working. BTW, I also luv your Uh-OH Forgettios !!! Tht is me alright and I remember buying alot of Spaghettios for my kids and hearing that jingle alot on TV when my kids were growing up.

Jodie - sorry you have to take a break from your studies but if the therapist thinks it is the thing to do then make the most of your time .

Maineweezie - sorry you are so tired. Believe me I understand tht one.

Hi also to Carla's and anyone else who is either lurking or peaking in.

Bye for now to all !

Hugs,

Granni

7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

The "Connectile Dysfunction" line is from a new TV
    ad for and internet provider, that's why the quotes.
    Not my creative thought. Anyway, it is highly appropriate in my situtation. Am gonna look into DSL
    Linda, but me thinks the primary problem here is that
    as with myself, the 'Puter is becoming obsolete! When the subject of a new "Laptop" comes up, I can only re-
    late to the terms, blond, brunette or redhead for some
    reason!

Jodie, got a Wedding to go to (Niece) this Sat. out of Town but will try and get together wiff you for Mexican
    next week. Hope the weather holds up. Glad that you are taking a break from School! Ya need some time wiff the Geo. Hamilton out at the Pool or the Russian River! You've worked very hard this year under most
    uncomfortable circumstances. Take a few mos. off !!

Gonna send this 4 I lose it! Thinking of you all, even Rocky!

Bye 4 now.
    MRDAD
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

The "Connectile Dysfunction" line is from a new TV
    ad for and internet provider, that's why the quotes.
    Not my creative thought. Anyway, it is highly appropriate in my situtation. Am gonna look into DSL
    Linda, but me thinks the primary problem here is that
    as with myself, the 'Puter is becoming obsolete! When the subject of a new "Laptop" comes up, I can only re-
    late to the terms, blond, brunette or redhead for some
    reason!

Jodie, got a Wedding to go to (Niece) this Sat. out of Town but will try and get together wiff you for Mexican
    next week. Hope the weather holds up. Glad that you are taking a break from School! Ya need some time wiff the Geo. Hamilton out at the Pool or the Russian River! You've worked very hard this year under most
    uncomfortable circumstances. Take a few mos. off !!

Gonna sent this 4 I lose it! Thinking of you all, even Rocky!

Bye 4 now.
    MRDAD
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i got my hair done...cut shorter, shoulder length and highlighted/lowlights.

went to school counselor appt. couldn't get registered for fall today cause i had the summer course on that i just dropped today..so i did get the teachers and times i can do that from my computer tomarrow.

hot out here. kids in the pool, but no george hamilton mr.dad.

i think he found another peep to look at.

jodie
  10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Where everyone is? Just lost a Post to you all but want
    to say hello! Guess many are busy with the Kids out of school or grandkids and can't get to the Porch?

Gonna send 4 I lose it, "K"?

MRDAD
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

about 45 minutes to my favorite destination. secret!

i had a great time by myself. lot's of sun for sure. the waves were beautiful to see and listen too. i played some tim mcgraw, cake, disturbed...in the car.

well i have a therapy appt at 10 am ...i didn't fill my klonopin today i have one tablet left...this means i will be lucky to get some sleep at all tonight...

well talk to you all later.

jodie
  12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yea. Quiet here yesterday but I think it is mostly due to
    seasonal summer transition period! More time to be
    out in the light and warmth for ONE!! Was warm here
    as Jodie knows, but sems to be cooling down and
    Fog is making it's way back up the "Spacific" Coast
    just in time for that outdoor Wedding on Saturday.
    Hope it is sunny for the event.

Doing laundry too this A.M. Linda, gonna be sure I haven't left any pens in my pockets, oh Lord! Careful of using any flamable solvents around a possible gas dyer. Hope it's not a real bid mess. Maybe lacq. thinner
    or denatured alcohol may remove it. Pore on clothe and use sparingly at first.

Have Doc's appt. at 1p.m., so gonna go do that laundry
    now. Talk to all later, "K"?

JOE
    [This Message was Edited on 06/15/2007]
  13. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Friends,

It's rather quiet around here today. Everyone must be off playing or something.

Linda spray some hairspray on the ink spots. That's been known to do the trick at times. Spray spots well, let 'em sit a little then rewash. I saved a silk blouse like that. Last time I found that sort of mess one of the grands had left a green crayon in a pocket. Do you realize how far the crayon dye travels?? don't ask......

See you're having slightly better luck with your connection Joe. Must have something to do with the time of day or something in that area. Computers are the device we learn new swear words with.

Carla in NL I'm improving slowly right now. Changing doctors was really a very good thing for me. Just heard yesterday though this one is in early stages of MS. Darned if every time I find one that has working ears and a caring soul something happens. Go figure. I did read that you're still having blue legs issues. Hope they find an answer for you too.

Carla in MN I understand wanting to finish a project no matter what. I find myself doing that with my sewing and knitting machines. Gives the mind a little rest from pain issues but we pay hard later. It's hard to not do things you've always enjoyed or did because you had too.

Granni must be getting near the end of the grandchildren golf camp. I love spending time with mine too. Got any singing gigs this week coming? I do admire your gusto.

Oh well DH will be home soon and I haven't made out the weekly shopping list yet. I detest food shopping as prices keep going up so darned fast and we love good food.

Hi Jodie, glad to hear you're taking some time for yourself. I know you really didn't want to but sounds like you need it hon.
    Later all, hi to you bush peekers too,
    Maineweezie

14. ckball

ckball New Member

I just posted a fairly long post and even copied it because a customer came in, then when I was almost done the puter froze and went blank.

I lost what I had copied. I don't have time right now to re post but I am still here Linda.

With all the laundry talk I have to put my 2 cents in, look at my profile to see what I found in my dryer last night.

Need to free up the phone since I am at work and have been on too long as it is.

Hello to all-I'll be back-CArla
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

From my last visit with my young Doctor! He evidently
    heard a voice, "Go East young man go East". He is
    leaving SF for a practice in the Penn. State. Gonna miss him but know it will work out well for him. Well,
    we still have Richard Boone and "Have Gun Will Travel"
    here living in the Palace Hotel. So long Doc.

Weezie, great suggestion about the hairpray! The "Old
    Squeeze" told me about that years ago as a use for
    removing stains from clothing (Hair dye) as she is a
    Beautician. I Just did a "forghettio" on that one!

Jodie, glad you toook a day to relax on the Beach yesterday! It's cooling down abit here but still beautiful!
    The hot weather was great for the "sight seeing at the
    Park"! Even the Tour Buses slo-down going by the Park on warm days.

Gonna Post b-4 I loose this! Son and I are working on
    the Problem and Linda, I'm gonna get DSL after I decide on if'in I need a "new" 'Puter.

Bye 4 now!
    MRDAD
    P.S. Weezie, I'm concerned about the MS diagnosis.
    Please keep us up to date on developments, "K"?

16. ckball

ckball New Member

What a day it started at 8:30 and is still going on. I wrote a nice post while at work and puter lost it. Since then I have not stopped.

Ntelos new phone-problems with manager, I was told one thing on the phone but when I went in the store they charged me an extra 20 bucks. I'll get a credit you bet.

On to Big lots, just a few things, socks,cereal, etc

Next krogers it is in the same mall as Big Lots, got my monthly supply of ice cream,

Dollar General on the way home for candy, they have the best strawberry filled hard candys.

Home unload it all, clean up mess I made this money. Ate nuked food and burned cd's. I bought a brand new case and left it at work! So then I had to put a little on the cd and a little there, I think I have saved it all.

Then the neighbors come over with their new family member Sandy, a beutiful puppie that is part beagle and Chicu. Her son rescued her from the rail road tracks, he found the owners and they didn't want her so he brought her home.

She is so cute, probably 6 weeks at the most. They want to introduce her to the girls. They were very good. They will keep in in a pen for now then she will be just like Butter.

They just put carpet on their porch and Butter is not allowed on the porch. He sleeps here on my new cushions, that will make 5 dogs now. I have a irish setter that is a stray, I don't feed him but provide water. He goes around to different houses and no one claims him.

So while they were leaving I went to step down on the step and my new socks were slippery and BOOM I went down. I'm sure I will have a good bruise or 2, Nothin broke but right elbow feels like it is ine a catch, like sumthim popped out and needs to go back in. I don't want to go to bed because I know it's going to hurt tomorrow when I get up.

I think my brain is a little shaken too, can't seem to remember what I was going to say.

Jodie good for you for taking a day wiff yourself. Just take one day at a time and you will be fine.

Linda is your dryer still a dyer? I have done that to myself once or twice or more.

Joe have a great day at the wedding, you gotta catch the garter for the "ole squeeze"

Granni- did the kids bury you in a sand trap?

Mainweezie- glad you are back, yes what is the MS about

Carlnl- check in- are you with Marta? Marta are out there?

Will better go before this darn thing crashes agaiin. Did I mention I got a new cell phone and don't know how to use the darn thing yet. Something else tech to deal wiff.

Hope all is having a better day than I have-Carla
  17. ckball

ckball New Member

What a day it started at 8:30 and is still going on. I wrote a nice post while at work and puter lost it. Since then I have not stopped.

Ntelos new phone-problems with manager, I was told one thing on the phone but when I went in the store they charged me an extra 20 bucks. I'll get a credit you bet.

Next krogers it is in the same mall as Big Lots, got my monthly supply of ice cream,

Dollar General on the way home for candy, they have the best strawberry filled hard candys.

Home unload it all, clean up mess I made this money. Ate nuked food and burned cd's. I bought a brand new case and left it at work! So then I had to put a little on the cd and a little there, I think I have saved it all.

Then the neighbors come over with their new family member Sandy, a beutiful puppie that is part beagle and Chicu. Her son rescued her from the rail road tracks, he found the owners and they didn't want her so he brought her home.

She is so cute, probably 6 weeks at the most. They want to introduce her to the girls. They were very good. They will keep in in a pen for now then she will be just like Butter.

They just put carpet on their porch and Butter is not allowed on the porch. He sleeps here on my new cushions, that will make 5 dogs now. I have a irish setter that is a stray, I don't feed him but provide water. He goes around to different houses and no one claims him.

So while they were leaving I went to step down on the step and my new socks were slippery and BOOM I went down. I'm sure I will have a good bruise or 2, Nothin broke but right elbow feels like it is ine a catch, like sumthim popped out and needs to go back in. I don't want to go to bed because I know it's going to hurt tomorrow when I get up.

I think my brain is a little shaken too, can't seem to remember what I was going to say.

Jodie good for you for taking a day wiff yourself. Just take one day at a time and you will be fine.

Linda is your dryer still a dyer? I have done that to myself once or twice or more.

Joe have a great day at the wedding, you gotta catch the garter for the "ole squeeze"

Will better go before this darn thing crashes agaiin. Did I mention I got a new cell phone and don't know how to use the darn thing yet. Something else tech to deal wiff.

18. ckball

ckball New Member

Home unload it all, clean up mess I made this morning. Ate nuked food and burned cd's. I bought a brand new case and left it at work! So then I had to put a little on this cd and a little there, I think I have saved it all.

Took the girls for a walk not the full round trip, I cheated today.

They just put carpet on their porch and Butter is not allowed on the porch. He sleeps here on my new cushions, that will make 5 dogs now.

I have a irish setter that is a stray, I don't feed him but provide water. He goes around to different houses and no one claims him.

So while they were leaving I went to step down on the step and my new socks were slippery and BOOM I went down. I'm sure I will have a good bruise or 2, Nothin broke but right elbow feels like it is in a catch, like sumthim popped out and needs to go back in. I don't want to go to bed because I know it's going to hurt tomorrow when I get up.

Linda is your dryer still a dyer? I have done that to myself once or twice or more. Ruined a tuxedo shirt more than once, in my early public service field of fine dining.

19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Has anyone heard a word from Carla-Ck? Sorry Carla,
    couldn't resist that! What a day you had, but glad ya
    didn't get broken wiff that fall. Are you working the 'Tique Store Saturday?

Getting concerned about Marta! Hasn't answered my
    emails either (??) Check in Girl !!

"SEE" ya all tomorrrow (Sat.)
    JOE
  20. ckball

ckball New Member

It is a beautiful sunny day, low humidty. I am not doing as well as the weather. Sore from my fall down the steps, elbow still needs cracked or sumthin, oh well, I'm lucky I didn't break anything.

Linda have you tried putting an old wet sheet in the dryer to see if the ink gets on it? The drum may just be stained and maybe not affect the clothes. IF you can't get it off with anything else, it may not get on the clothes. Worth a shot before doling out all your casino winnings for a new dryer.

You sound like you are busy all day. I have so much to do, my house is in a state that I usually don't get but I have been so tired all week. I need clean undies do I have to get a load of laundry myself.

Look in my profile to see what I found in my dryer the other night. It is very cute.

Mrdad- I hope ou had a wonderful day at the wedding.

Hope everyone is having fun instead of being sucked in by the couch like me. CYA Carla