Porchlight is on Vol 117(CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's late Kids here in SF but I'm gonna get this started

before I go beddy bye, "K"?

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2007]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

well atleast i am not at the party.

just saying hello to everyone here
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

A low number! I remember when Sweetie and I used to stand over there in the trees waiting for it to be quiet on the porch and then dash in.... Are you reading Sweetie? I'm sending good thoughts to you.

Hello everyone,

I've been having some extra health "issues" so I haven't even been reading the posts here since they've been numerous. But I've been thinking about you all and hoping you're hanging in there as I am.

No other news - other than health stuff. I did pass the MRI so I guess that means I have a brain after all. Other test are pending. I'm going to try to get back to the shelter this week if I can, and I have an appointment for Sophie with the vet to get her some Xanax or other kitty drugs. Most of my newish symptoms have arrived along with her. Imagine that.

It's a lovely summer here in Michigan, especially after we finally got some rain.

Hugs to everyone - near and far,

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm glad things turned out well on the brain...we all have one but i know one time or another we doubt ourselves.

sorry about the health issues.

well just checkig in on everyone again i couldn't sleep well tonight..

5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

The old iMac is actually able to contact the outside
    world atthe moment! So gonna take this opt to say

Marta: Glad you are here this morning. I've been concerned for you in your absence. No need to read
    all the Posts. Just glad that the MRI came out well
    and you are bac in the SMG fold !

Jodie: Bad week to do the Lucheon as it is Pride Week
    here with about 1/2 Billion Folks arriving for the Event.
    Too crowded. I don't even want to be here and may go
    North or South, anywhere but here!

Annie and Rocky: Found a list of 90 two letter words
    that are usable for Scrabble. I'll give ya the source if'in
    you like! Anyone else as well!

Hey all. Better not "press my luck". I'll try to get back
    later. Brunch wiff the Son today at 11:30. See ya all!

6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Marta...I'm surprised that you did not see me hiding in the trees with you. I do remember those days and miss them very much.

It has been very hot here in central NC and we are in another drought. Today it is going to be a little cooler and we just had a shower....how nice that was.

My FIL is still hanging on. It is hard to watch someone starve themselves. He has surpassed the time line we were given but that is not a good thing for him or the family. His time will be up when it's up and we have no control.

A big hello and hug to everyone on The Porch.

7. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I have a question foy you...

Did you use to have a pic in your profile of you and your son? In front of what looked like a garage door?

I am not a stalker, but for some reason, that last few weeks, I kept wondering if I dreamed that pic?

Silly me, I know!

8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

No. I know the picture you are speaking of though. But
    haven't been able to figure out HOW to transit it from
    my Kodak Brownie Camera wiff the 127 film onto the
    computer?? Never did any pics on the 'Puter, but
    "keep dreamin' "!

Met a man who was a former Real Estate Agent from
    your Kansas City once. Told me that the biggest sell-
    ing point for people there was that the Property was
    equi-distance to either Seashore! Let's get those
    beach towels ready!

Hope you're havin' a good week back in the Mid-West!
  9. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Is doing pretty good this week. Getting hot and muggy whick is normal.

And the real estate guy was right. One good thing about KC is we have the shorter commute to either coast that anyone else. LOL!

10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Think for a moment about this interesting thought I
    had recently ! If "Manifest Destiny" had started on the
    West Coast, and the movement was toward the East
    Coast, Kansas City would be the "Mid-East" instead
    of the "Mid-West"! Scary thought!

11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it has been a weird week for mr w/appts. and such...

i remember getting stuck i n that traffic trying to go to santa cruz w/2 4 year old boys...they were so lucky to see some interesting people...every year it gets bigger and bigger there.

my ex hb used to work every year doing security for a particular club...the owner was a wealthy gay women,,,nicest women on earth...he always loved workig for the gay owners, they treated him better and paid more too..

well i am going to hang out at the pool today...

12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Greetings Porchies,

Have been trying to clean up my house a little today. Boy trying to clean the master bath ,tub and all is really a pain in the (everywhere). There is alot ore i could have done and I have to do my blinds. Would really like to take the blinds down (the way I used to do them)and wash them in the tub and hand them on the line. However, I have no line and DH doesn't want to take them down. I'm not doing that!! Actually I am just waiting to replace some of them as some are so old. I have had it and not doing any more. I hurt to much.

I keep saying that one of these days I will be hiring a cleaning person to come in once in awhile I haven't done it yet. Guess I am to cheap but I think I will be doing it sooner or later, if I don't croak first(-: !!

Also going into Houston tomorrow with a friend who has company and an extra ticket to go see the taping of a morning show. I forget what the name of it is but it sounded interesting. However, I have to get up very early to get picked up at 6:30 _UGH, that is horrible !! However, I am going anyway.

Jodie - Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. I am sure there was alot running around in your mind. Don't worry kiddo, you can do it ! I know you can. Have fun at the pool and don't get to sundburned !

Hi Marta,Sweetie, and Budmicki - Glad to see you all. Sorry to hear Marta that you are having more health issues. Hope they get resolved soon. Sweetie, sorry to hear about your ill FIL. I know how bad that can be believe me.

Gotta go and finish fixing dinner so DH can leave for his meeting tonight. Sorry I can't stay and address you all individually.

MrD - Hope all is well with you too.

Big hugs to you all,

[This Message was Edited on 06/20/2007]
  13. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I haven't done a thing today - just waiting for the great-grandbaby to arrive. I had such a hideous evening yesterday. I guess it is TMJ but on the other side. There is not a thing n my body that didn't hurt.

I doubled the Tramadol this afternoon and it did like I knew it would - hurt my stomach.

That is enough of my tale of woe.

Grannie: Don't you try to clean those blinds! I jkust gave up on mine as I have to either stand on the kitchen cabinets, the bged or a ladder and guess what? I'm not going to do any of those.

By now you all probably think that I am a crabby old lady!!! Im not, really

i know - we all want to do things the way we used to do them but------if anyone complains about them, tell them they are welcome to take the task on. OK?

I'll let you know when that baby arrives. This is the 2nd for my granddaughter who was our 1st grandbaby out of 9. If she doesn't go by tonight or tomorrow, she will go into the hospital Fri. morn to be induced. Praise God!

Gentle Hugs and I will try to be nicer the next time I come to visit.

14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I don't play Scrabble anymore, MrD, but a list of two- letter words would have come in handy a few decades ago. My mother, aunt and uncles were all expert players.

When I was a kid we played lots of card and board games. I guess everything is on a computer today. All the social interaction is w/ robots.

When I was a kid we got lots of exercise running around playing tag and kick the can and Red Rover and shoveling walks and mowing lawns. I think there were only two fat kids in our whole village. Now half the kids I see have the build of a middle-aged office worker.

I guess you don't have to worry about that w/ Cody, Jodi. W/ re: 2 the SSA problem, you could get an atty. There's one recommended here on the board. He handles cases all over the country. The irony is he would get an atty fee from your recovery. Still, you would least have some recovery.

Or, you could write your congress persons. I don't believe they pay attention to letters unless you attach a large "campaign contribution", but you could give it a shot.

Finally you could call up newspapers and tv stations and see if any of them would do a story on this unbelievably incompetent govt. action.

I know it's infurriating. My mother applied for Soc Sec when she turned 65. She was denied. No reason. Had to apply again. Govt workers are every bit as bad as their reputation.

Yes, Granni and MrD. Tell your sons to drop in and see me next time their in my neighborhood. Linda, I don't know about the Geek Squad. They came over to see my neighbor a couple years ago. Charged and lot and didn't fix anything. So they came back and tried again. The situation was improved but not really fixed.

Looks like you are really having a busy week, Linda. Are you attending all these events I hope you don't have host, fix food, etc.

I am stopping now. Don't want to lose this post.

15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Joan,

I am sure that it a little nerve racking as they say waiting for that great grandbaby. That is so exciting. I have forgotten. Where does you granddaughter live and can you go to see her and the baby? Hope it is not to far away from you.

I am excited for you and no I do not think you are a crabby old lady. I may feel that ways sometime but that is also what these boards are for - venting esp when you really do not have anyoe else to vent to - besides you husbands and you don't always want to vent to them either.

It is very hard, I know, not to be crabby or worse than that. I fight it alot esp when I am in pain most of the time. I can get very snippy as they say with DH , he thinks he understands me and my pain but he really doesn't (not 24 hours a day - unless I am dead asleep) Let us know about that great grandbaby and I send my love and very best to you , your granddaughter and the new baby to be.

God bless you and the whole family !

Warm hugs,

Granni (Marilyn)
  16. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I split my post for fear it might vanish into the dreaded electronic black hole. Marta, good luck w/ your tests. Did you have an open or closed MRI? I had one several months ago. Took a lot of scheduling and demanding, but I finally got an open MRI.

It's not so accurate they say, but I said, it's either that or nothing. How accurate is nothing?

Jens, how is the new Taurus? Did you buy it cause it was your sign?

'Member the hippie era?

Hi, nice to meet you. What's your sign?
    Taurus (or whatever).
    I knew it!

Good point, Joe. W/ just a little change in history Kansas could be the Mid-East. W/ a slightly bigger change, it could be the Middle East.

Welcome to the porch, Joan. Most of us are a little ornery, now and then. No problem. We've sure got plenty of reasons to be grouchy now and then.

Good to see ya, Bud and Sweetie.

I took some books back to the library this afternoon. The friends of the library were having a book sale. The paper backs were on the floor. Kinda hard for an old man w/ arthritis to crawl around on the floor. I picked out four books (25 cents @) and called it a day.

17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

For the .25 cents a pc. ya spent on those used books,

I could had sold you those 90 two letter "Scrabble

Words" ! Ain't gonna make my CFO (Guido) very

happy when I tell him. Oh boy!

P.S. I MAY have a "new" used 'Puter this weekend
    as I believe my Son has a "line" on one. Guido
    ain't gonna be so happy 'bout that either I guess![This Message was Edited on 06/20/2007]
  18. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

You made me feel better! You are a sweet lady and a good friend.

We live about 80 mi.SE from Chicago and Jessica and family live NW of O'Hare airport. The traffic to get there is horrendous!!! (where did I get that word!) It is sometimes bumper to bumper so we only go when daughter comes to visit and she takes us up there. Sat. our oldest son is coming from Indianaoplis and taking us up to see the baby (it should be here). he is such a great son.!!! I guess that is DH's Father's Day gift (already gave him one).

Thank you dear one for cheering me up!!

19. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

The Tauras (why does that not look right) is doing wonderful. It's so nice to feel safe and not wonder if I'm going to break down on the way to work.

I'm a Leo also, birthday is in August.

Lincamp, the kids are healthy and full of it as ever. Brooklynne is in Summer Camp for her Head Start program and brought home a pet rock the other day. It's cute. The little guy is starting to want to be potty trained, YAY!

I have to go take my physiology midterm today at 4:30. Hoping it's not too terrible because i really haven't studied a whole heck of a lot.

On that note, I worked last night and need to get some sleep before I go take that test.
  20. ckball

ckball New Member

I see you all have been busy here. I always miss the fun.

I am still battling my computer problems and I think it has won the battle but I will win the war, eventually. All I have to do is to figure out how to save my emails as a group, or it is one at a time!

I am only going to address Linda here and say GOOD JOB on the back yard garden, it is beeutifull! I know the amount of work it takes.

I am still in a bad flair, brain fog and exhaustion. It has been a rough week. I have already called off work at the shop for Fri. Just need a break.

I'll be back and hope all is safe and sound and pain free-Carla