Porchlight is On Vol. 138

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Sep 24, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Kids! Gonna try and start a new vol. ifin' I 'member how?? "K"?

2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so nice to hear about that football player..so glad they are coming along in advancements in head/neck/back injuries..

cody needs to use my computer for now...don't know why when he has his own...

3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Linda. I just finished and email to you so read it at your
    leisure, "K"? Been goin' to my med. appts. Phelbotomy on
    Sunday, blood tests, Nurse Pract. today and Hema on Wednes!
    The "Old Squeeze" is getting stronger after the operation
    and seemed to be in great spirits when I spoke wiff Her this
    morning. I will call Her again in "a bit". I will return
    North this weekend as my Nephew is getting married on Sat.
    and the "Old Squeeze" is only an hour South. I intend to
    stay for an indefinite period of time with Her. It will like
    wise give my Son an opportunity to visit with Her. She has
    been involved with both my Children since they were very

CK-Carla, I'm so sorry that you are alone and in pain! Know
    that we are all emotionally with you and hope you will feel
    better soon and recover quickly! I'll drop you and email
    soon, "K"? Please take care!

It' wonderful to see so many new names on the "PORCH" list
    of Friends! Looking forward to getting to know you all in
    the near future and try to catchup on what's been happening
    lately. Gonna close for now but a special hello to Jodie
    and the Rock. I hope ALL are doing well!

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

after all the prodding and poking at the dr.'s appts. i hope it is all good news at the end of the testing and such.

have a great time at the wedding....and you sound like you really love being w/the "os." you are so kind to help her out. you are a special man. huggles to you.

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Great to see you back. Everydobby has been missing you and your wacko sense of humor. Hahahahahah!

Hope your tests turn out fine. As Jodie says, have a great time at the wedding.

6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I have lots to do and shouldn't be on the computer right now but just wanted to check with you.

Joe/Joe - So glad you came back again fn for a quick visiti.. I don't remember when you were leaving for your nephews wedding ( I think it was). Have a safe trip. Yes, you are indeed special helping out the OS. You ust still enjoy her company. Yes, hope all your tests come out well.

Lin-Lin - Hope you are feeling better. Hope all goes well with your doc appts toom.

Jens - Hope you all are feeling better. Yes, I hope you find the money for those meds. I usually end up on the inhailer also when I get the URI crud. Have you told work aboaut your decision yet? Sorry if i missed your answer. I have been rather busy and sort of out of it lately. Also hope the young oes are doing better. I think it was Brooklyne you said that was sick for awhile but I think now that you said she ws doing somewhat better. It is hard for a mom (esp a working one) to take care of themmselves !!! Believe me I know.

Jodie - hi there kiddo. Hope you are feeling a little better and thata Cody continues to do well with the football. Just hang in there and think of taking care of yourself, physically and mentally. Yes, I know you ae going through therapy and that is great. It really helped my daughter with all her problems. She was a basket case !!! That was her own wowrds.

Rock - Hi there- glad you have come back to be with us.

CKCarla - I hope your pain has been relieveed some for you.
    Thinking of you !!

Lots of Huggles to you all (as Mr dad would say),

Well, I really have to run

7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Welcome back - and goodbye again, I guess. You're missed but several Porchies have done a great job filling your shoes - as much as anyone can.

Good luck with all that's going on in your life.

8. ckball

ckball New Member

I am still alive and thought I would try to post before I lay back down. I ate the rest of my baked spag and need to sit up awhile after that, it was so good. I haven't had it in a long time. Now I have 2 more single servings in the freezer.

Mrdad - I am so glad to see you back, you know to take care of yourself as well as you OS. This must be some serious stuff for her recovery to take this long. My prayers go out to her to recover quickley and strengh for you to get her threw it.

Linda- sorry you are feeling down, I know you are tired and sick and sick of being tired of being sick and tired. Your body is still adjusting to the new med then it didn't get any more and is confused. I hope you feel better soon.

Good news about the foot ball player. You know our lives can change in the middle of a minute.

Did I see Marta was here- it is nice to see you out for a change.

Welcome back Darkwaters. My DD is having issues with her 16 yo DD. She works after school and is suppose to walk, it's not that far. She got in a car with freinds, a big no no and got involved in a head on collision. Everyone was ok, she didnt have a seat belt on and nearly bit a hole threw her lip, hurt her knees.

Her cell phone bill was over $500 for one month. They are a good catholic family, go to church and my GD goes to a private catholic school. Kids today are just different than when we were. I didn't have a cell phone at 16, I had a key that hung on the back door to get me in the house after I walked home from school. My daughter is just ready to throw her hands up and give up. They have tried everything from total grounding, no door on her room, no tv, phone, internet. Then she does something else stupid and she is grounded again. SO hang in there, your not alone.

Jen- so sorry to hear you are still sick and having issues at work. I think Linda said something about sick building symdrome and it does happen. Or just the stress makes us weak and more susceptable to colds and such.

JOdie- thank you for what you said about my picture, I am a conifident person but I learned it, for many years I was very insecure and didn't know how nor did I like being alone. But cancer cured that for me. You figure out what really matters in life and it's not waiting for someone to waltz in our life and make us happy. Or wondering what an ex would say about who we are dating. Go out and make your own happiness and confidence by suceeeding on your own.

I am sorry to hear you dropped your classes, work on you and leave the crowd behind.Do you think they will be there for you in 5-10 years from now, do you really want them too? Just make sure you are there for yourself. You can do it, I know it.

Granni- I am sorry about the club house burning down, I haven't read the whole thread but hope no one was hurt.

Rock always good to see you, I hope Gordon is whipping up something delicious for the two of you. How are the kitties doing.

My meds have settled in, just like my dinner :) My foot would have been better but Missey stepped on it last night while I was trying to wash the dead critter smell off. My meds were working and it didn't hurt really bad at the time.

But today there was a lot of dried blood under the main bandage and was having more pain in that area. I didn't have any guaze to replace it so I was afraid to take that one off. They told me not to change the bandage until I go back to see him on Oct 1st. I may call them in the morning, buy the time I saw it, it was too late in the day.

Hello to everyone else I missed, please forgive all errors I may have made. Take care of each other and yourselves-Carla
  9. Granniluvsu

It sounds like things are looking up for you pain wise. That is good. At least you do not seem to be complaining that much about it. Hope your kitty didn't hurt it to much. Ye, I would call the doc and he may want to have you come in or at lesast have you change the bandage.

Glad you put some spaghetti in the freezer before your surgery. I'll be that tastted good and if you really enjoyed it I think you are feeeling better - not up to your usual self maybe but getting there.

Glad to see you back on the boards if only for a little bit.

Take care and REST !!!!!

Blessings and hugs,

10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

just go ahead and call the dr.'s if you are concerned...i know they try to keep those bandages on for some reason.

oh the barking dogs in this apt. complex drive me nuts...i love dogs...but when i am trying to focus on something boy does my mind go...whew it's quiet now.

well gonna try to figure out something for dinner.

oh good news..i think marin county section 8 dept. is finally getting my rent lowered based on the fact i am not get any child support or spousal...that w/make things easier. still tight but doable..

11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hope you close the curtains and lay down on your bed...then wake up w/o the pain.

12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope all are doing well! I've had 4 med appointments in the
    past six days. They all seemed to have fell about the same
    time this month but they are over for awhile now.

I'll be headed up North wiff my Son to my Nephews Wedding
    on early Sat. morning. It's about a 5 hr. drive and the
    Wedding is at 3 p.m. My Son has to work Friday nite here
    so can't leave 'til the morning. Gonna be a long day but
    anticipate it to be a fun one!

I'll return for awhile to the "Old Squeeze" after the Wedding
    as my Son would like to visit with Her also. Intend to be
    there for at least a week or so to help Her as I can.

Gonna try to return to the PORCH be-4 I leave, "K"?
    Huggles to ya All!
  13. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I've been off the board most of the summer, and just came back.

What's happened to everyone?? It seems so much slower?? I came over to the porch to see if that was where everyone was hiding out??

I see several ole faithfuls, but so many seem to be AOL??

I know for me, with summer and the kids home everyday, i just gave up. I was either to busy, or crashed on the couch, or the computor was hi-jaccked by the boys.

14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

morning i think we have some porchies down w/flu's, big toe operations, and depression...and mr.dad pops in when he can...

i was out last night had a a good time..karoke night...i did that after i went to my therapy appt last night...so that went ok...i have a lot of work ahead of me.

met a women who has been raped 2x's. she is 46 but she looks like she is in her late 20'2 to mid thirties...she guessed my age way younger...an our male friend casey was laughing cause he knows us both.

i had some 21 year old trying to pick up on me...i say he was mature but too young...i need a time out on men...take care of me..

ok guys need to go get my car oil changed at nissan..i have coupon for a 15.00 oil change there plus they w/wash my car for free...and check out the car for me...it is still under warranty..

well i hope you are all doing well....

talk back at yo all later.. joe you rest up for the weekend.

15. ckball

ckball New Member

Well shoot I just deleted my post, don't know how I did that. I am too tired to do it again.

The short of it is after 4 days of misery I have improvement now and will go to the shop tomorrow.

I have spent the last 2 days on the phone and emailing about the We Are Marshall fundraiser. If you want to know more about how I will be at a Gala with Randy Travis and Justin Timberlake go to my website and click on We Are Marshall, or google We are Marhall and my name.

It is a amazing story and I didn't think it was going to happen, but I got a email Mon from Mr. P and it is a go. Now all I have to do is get a story in the news about me and a call out for all local artists to donate their art to be sold in a special aution. My deadline is Oct 20th. I may be able to push that back I hope. I am waiting for the press release package to arrive next week.

It has been very quiet here

Mrdad It is good to see you and wish you all the best on your trip and enjoy the wedding, family and freinds. You are in my prayers.

Jodie you are quiet, hope all is well.

Linda I guess you are back with your nose to the grindstone and still recovering.

Granni, Joan, Julie, Marta, Sweetie, Kylob and any other bush dwellers I hope your doing well. Ok I am ready for a nap or dinner or both! See yall later- Carla
  16. Granniluvsu

Greetings to all your Porchies,

Not a whole lot going on now. Don't ask what I have done except do a bit of wash and some dusting. There is so much more to do and I just procrastinate. I did a few toilets the other day when I couldn't stand it any more.

CK - you must be feeling better if you are planning on going to the shop tomorrow - or just plain BORED(-: !!! So glad you are doing so .

I figured that I had better post a bit here as CK was calling me a bush dweller which I have been. To lazy to wirte when I am on the computer sometimes , I get busy doing othering things with it.

Mrdad - not sure when you were leaving for your nephews wedding ( I think it is saturday). Have a grreat trip and wonderful time at the wedding. Missed having you around

Jodie - glad that you had a good session at the therapist yesterday. I am sure it is alot of help to you !!!! Yes, I think you need a time out on MEN for a little while, like you said (-: !!!

Morningnshine - Hi and welcome back. Not sure if I remember you or not but I am very happy to see you and some new and or older (or should I say more familiar faces) here on the porch.

Julie - So sorry to hear about your mom and yer medical problems especially so close to Amy's due date. Hope all we work out well for both of them and you too. I am sure you feel alot of stress at this time.

Darkwaters- sorry to hear about your daughter and her lack of motivation problem. I know what you mean. I had at least one of those when my kids were growing up. Of course nowadays I think there are even more distractions -OMG HELP !!!! Whe I was a ateenage I don't think I was hardly ever on the phone - of course not even a hint of cell phones. We were lucky to have one regular phone in the house.

Linda - Hope you are feeling better than you had been.

Hi to Marta, Rock, Sweetie, Star and all the other bush dwellers . Can't call me one this time (-: !!!!! I know Star is working and hope she is doing well and enjoying herself too.

Tomorrow I will be visiting a friend I haven't seen in awhile and the nedxt day I help decorate the KC Hall for our wine tasting dinner in the evening. So, I hope to check you all again tomorrow night.

I will feel so much better to when our big show is over with on tuesday. It will be the big chorale group and then the last time I sing with the smaller "Noteables" group. Esp hope our small group does OK !!! I told them sometime ago the 3 nights out a week thing was getting to much, even if it was DH idea originally.

Off to take my meds and shower, etc. Have to do my hair to which is just a project for me.

Love to you all,

[This Message was Edited on 09/27/2007]
  17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Linda, I so sorry that you aren't feelin' well and in pain!
    Hope that you get beyond all that very soon and will be feel
    ing better. I have little energy myself and spent most of
    the Day dozing in my recliner, and I have so-o-o much to do
    b-4 my Son and I leave for the Wedding! He phoned b-4 going
    to work to inform me that he has reserved a rental car for
    Sat. morning and a room at the Holiday Inn. It's about a 5
    Hour drive and a 3p.m. Wedding! Gonna be real close as the
    car is to be picked up about 9 a.m. Well, I'll just take a
    little extra stomach med in the morning b-4 we leave!

My Daughter is back in school this week hopefully in Her last
    year of the Masters Program. But She had a wonderful and re-
    laxing Summer, thankfully.

Please put me on the record as being one SF who is more
    than pleased that BARRY BONDS has played his LAST game with
    the SF Giants! I don't know where the news media gets the
    impression that all SF Fans love him. I've spoken with few
    here that do! Maybe now we can spend the $$$ on rebuilding
    our Team for the better! Bye Bye, Barry!!!* But just re-
    member Friends, "leave Britney alone" and buy Euro-Dollars!

"Talk" to ya all tomorrow, "K"?

18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hanging out at local s.f. bars and cheating on his wife...etc...

but i won't get to the nitty gritty...remember when he first signed on for like 38 million a year. contract. he thought he should be able to not have to pay any money to get into a club in s.f.,,,

well my exhb had to set him straight..that he just signed on a contract and he couldn't afford the 20.00 to get into the club in s.f. then mr. barry bond's had to tip all the people thru the door like 100.00 to get into the bar...he was p.o'c

then barry apologized and said he was right...why should he not have to pay to get in just because he was a new sports celebrity..etc...

ther has been more than him that do this...

19. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Well I'm still sick but not as bad as I was. He put me on albuterol and prednisone. He still thinks I sound lousy though and doesn't want me back to work, especially since he thinks the place is making me sick anyway.

Brooklynne is getting better, but now Brayden has been running a fever and sounding croupy. So I've been giving him cough medicine, sleeping with the vaporizer and keeping the window cracked so he gets some of that cool night air.

Poor babies. Just hope it doesn't get in his lungs like it did Brooklynne and I's because he has had bronchiolitis a number of time since he was an infant.

Getting caught back up with school work. The codeine in the cough syrup made it impossible for me to concentrate on anything.

Other than that, not a lot going on. Just wish I could get some decent rest. That doesn't help me much either.

Well, I here the kids doing something they shouldn't be, gotta go.
  20. ckball

ckball New Member

Must be change in season. My right hip has been hurting me more than my foot the last 2 days, don't know what's up with that.

Just want to wish Mrdad a safe trip and enjoy the wedding, glad you got the son for a driver. What's up with Guido, is he holding the fort down while you have been away?

Linda sorry you are still down, I am with you on the shots, I don't think I would do it again, I would rather have a overactive immune system than none. I hope you can get some rest. Is it possible for you to take your early retirement with the hubby's new job?

Has he started yet. My ex worked in a maximum security prison as a guard in VA. He worked Death Row for awhile. He said it was bad, they would throw pee and crap on the guards when they were bored, it was like what else can you do to me so why not. I am sure your hubby would be in a less caustic area in the hospital part.

His schedule was weird too, like 3 days on for 12 then off for 4 or 5 then back to 3 or 4 12 hour shifts. They even had barricks for the guards that had a long commute. I hope all goes well for him.

Granni it is not like you to be so quiet,I hope your get threw your shows then can take a break. Hey 3 days out a week is too much for me.

Jen so sorry you aren't any better. At least your Dr thinks the job is making you sick, what can be done about that? Is there a history of other people having the same problems.

JOdie- I hope you are getting some rest and that your appts go well so you can move on and get your degree.

It is a beauty of a day here, sunny and 75 so I think I will take the girls a ride when I get home. They bugged me so much yesterday but I was on the computer and phone for the fundraiser. As I was cleaning my dinner dishes at 7 pm they were all mopey in the front yard so I went out gave them a ride until after dark. I have a big spot light and we just go up and down my road and the next road over. They don't care, they just want to run beside the cart. Silly dogs, but I love em.

I must say they did not leave my side the day I came home from my surgery and all day Sat. They finally went out Sun for awhile, but Missy was right beside me on the bed most of the time. They know when we aren't well, my GF was surprised of how well behaved they were and stayed right with me.

Well better get my stuff together, bout time to go home. I hope everyone has a better weekend and feels better. Carla