Porchlight is on Vol. 166

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Dec 27, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Gonna get this started while it's late and many are already

2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope all are well. Please return to Vol. 165 to read the last

few messages posted. Jodie: Glad you got Cody home from the

hospital and wish Him a speedy recovery! I do hope that Rocky

isn't having 'Puter problems again. Check in wiff us Rock!

I'm headed North Kids (Sunday) to partake in our Memorial

Remembrance for the "Old Squeeze". A Party of Her friends

was Her request, so that's what we are gonna do. New Years

Eve, open house at Her House! Lots of Pictures, candles,

flowers wines and food! I'll see many people that I'm sure

I haven't seen in years! It will be an event to Her liking!

Hope to be back in the Bay Area on Tuesday aft.

I'll be back on the PORCH tomorrow and Saturday also. What

does everyone have planned for New Year's Eve?

"Talk" ta ya tomorrow gang, "K"?

3. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I am kind of new here, but just wanted to say hi and I hope you have a safe trip and are able to enjoy the celebration of (The old squeeze's?) life.

No chance of me being asleep already though, as it seems I am a vampire. Well, maybe not a vampire, but definitely a night owl. Anyway, I digress....Have a good trip and hopefully I will be posting to you again soon!
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you were so great to be there for her in need...surely remembered i am sure by her.

i lurkernomore i know how you feel about the vampire attacks of sleep.

well need to go to bed here soon..

5. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone could jump in. Feeling a little lost and "out of the loop."
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

to the new porch visitors. I hope you will visit often.

MrDad...I wish you a safe trip. Even though this is a celebration of life I know it must be difficult for you. You are a good man and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Jodie...Happy belated birthday to both you and Cody. I am glad the surgery is over for him and wish him a quick and full recovery.

Linda...Hope you recover quickly from the Xmas overload. I'm really struggling with that also....could barely move the day after. Thanks for always remembering me when you post. It means so much to me. Have you heard from Annie C. lately?

Carla... Hope you get your drainage problems fixed. You amaze me. We are in desperate need of rain here. We are in an extreme drought. I think your rain system is going to slide east to NC later today. I enjoyed your video. It was really great to have a face and voice to place with your post!

My memory has now lapsed and I can't remember any of the other post so I will gracefully try to close this post with a "feel better" wish to all.

7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Just made some coffee and I'm about to get this day started,
    start-ttteeed! Ok, there we go! Now I'm ready.

Thanks to Jodie, 1Sweetie and your new "Lurkernomore" for your
    kind and gracious words of support. Hello to our Newbie Angie
    as well. Please be assured, Angie, that each and all are most
    welcome to gone in at any time. It's been a bit slow over due
    to the Holiday but the Thread normally keeps busy. Dozens of
    people join from "time to time" while many others are
    daily. Please feel free to join in whenever and as often as
    you please!

Rainin' here today Kids, but we need it. I should be meeting
    my Son for "brunch" and havin' dinner wiff the 'Lil Guys in
    Marin Co. tonight. Gotta get ready for the trip North, but
    I can by my train ticket at the "Amthrax Depot" just b-4 I
    leave Sunday. Hope to get a ride back to the Bay Area with
    my friend in his 16 wheeler as He has weekly deliveries in Napa Co. and the East Bay. It can work out well if the timing is right.

Well Gang, I do hope we hear from Rocky today and that He is not experiencing more 'Puter problems. Where are you Rock?

"Talk" ta ya later Kids!
    P.S. Jodie--I do hope Cory is recovering well![This Message was Edited on 12/28/2007]
    Lots of mistakes, sorry.[This Message was Edited on 12/28/2007]
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks Joe for gettin us started on a new volume

Hello Lurkernomore and Angie- yep anyone can just drop in anytime. Sometimes we are ourselves and sometimes we are anyone we want to be. It's our own virtual porch.

Don't worry about having to remember everyone's names and posts, it can be confusing but hang in there with us. Some take notes and some use word pad to create our posts so we can cheat and go look. All of us have expereinced the black hole-that is when a post you spent 30 minutes on a post just disappears, so that way we have it saved.

Joe enjoy your New Year, I am sure she would have wanted it that way. Enjoy catching up wiff ol freinds and maybe new ones too.

Sweetie- I am glad you survived the holidays and hope you have many good memories and the new year brings you new health. I wish I could send the rain your way, we got over 5 inches in a two week period and now I have my own moat, less a drawbridge :)

Jodie glad Cody is home, maybe rent some movies and just spend some time together. Did you ever rent the We Are Marshall movie, I bet you both would like it.

As if I don't have enough to do, I cleaned my computer out last night and it deleted files for my McAfee and I have to download it again. It took 4 hours last time, so I am staying off the internet today until I can reload it tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone-Carla
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Don't worry about feeling out of the loop. i feel that way half of the time and alot of others too. Hope youboth had a nice Christmas and rest a spell here on the porch before the New Year Parties begin (-: !!

Don't worry if you have no where to go on New Years in reality , we will make our own fun. Such great people here on this porch. There are many very intelligent, talented and fun people here believe me and we all talkk about almost everything and anything.

Carla ck - gave you a great introduction. I said CK because there is also another Carla (nl) who kives in the Netherlands and she doesn't get t o visit as often. However, we love and miss her too.

Sorry but I have to go and figure out something to eat called "dinner".

Jodie - Hope Cody isn't in to much pain today after his surgery. Thinking of you both. Rst and enjoy each other's company..

Love and warm hugs to our new friends and the rest of you all. Can't remember everyone right now or have the time.

Huggles to you Mr. Dad and thanks for starting us up again on the new volume.

Angie and Lurker - Welcome again and I hope to chat with you again real soon. Trying to take down some of the Christmas stuff cnd clean up around here plus went to the store for some food that we needed this morning.

Blessings to all,

10. kylob

kylob New Member

I missed you all....have been busy with holidays and doctor visits...Christmas was quiet, my sister and her husband and son came...my nephew brought his fiance...very nice, sweet girl....she came last year and wore a v neck sweater with a camisole under it...she is well endowed and my MIL, who has alzheimers remarked often that, "That girl shouldn't dress like that". This year she wore a black turtleneck!!!!!

Thursday, my sister took me out to dinner, last night was a party at my SIL, today is my birthday and we are going out to dinner!!!

I got a laptop for a combined Christmas and bday gift...worked hard to get my wireless going( took me 3 hrs), but I am wireless!!!!!

I found out I have uterine cancer and am having surgery on 1/8. We have a strong family history of breast and ovarion cancer, so it was just a matter of time, I guess. I want them to do a tummy tuck and liposuction while they are in there...LOL!!!!Either that, or I hope my uterous and ovaries weigh at least 20 lbs.!!!!! So you see, my wireless laptop will serve me well...

Mrdad - So wonderful that you are going to celebrate your friends life and memorialize the unique and vibrant soul that she was...It will be good for all and you will see old friends and enjoy their company..as always, thanks for getting the new thread started.

Jodie - hope Cody is recovering and feeling better each day.

1Sweetie - Hope your New Year is the best so far...do you have any resolutions?

Carla - I am so computer stupid sometimes, but was very impressed with myself for getting my wireless hooked up and running...it is all thanks to Lindas tutoring me at work...I guess I will just keep playing with it and learn from doing....hope you have a wonderful new years.

Angie - Welcome to the porch! Just keep reading and you will find out about all of us and our crazy lives...We have virtual parties on the porch and enjoy ourselves a great deal...

Lurkernomore - glad you joined us...it is a fun way to find friendship and is always good for a few laughs...Welcome!

Grannie - I know you probably have your year packed full of concerts and fun..you go girl!!!!

Rokgor - hope you and Gordon had a nice holiday...I am planting some herbs inside ...I really miss fresh basil and cilantro....Best to both of you!!

Lin - I will call you later...thanks for the bday e-mail..

I brought a cake and set up the porch with new chairs for the new folks...Coffee and tea and spiked punch!!!I have hired an Irish band for later ....will stop by after dinner and finish the day dancing and drinking with my porch friends....Later gang!!!
  11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

So very sorry about the cancer diagnosis. I've been there too but I know that doesn't make you feel better.

I had breast cancer twice (2 different types of cancer) and severe dysplasia (sp?) on the cervix. All of this was diagnosed within an 18 month period of time. I also have a very strong history of breast cancer in my family. I was 42 when I was first diagnosed. The first surgery was a lumpectomy followed by radiation. The second surgery they removed the cervix and uterus. The third surgery was a double mastectomy with a tram flap for reconstruction. They means an automatic tummy tuck although at 105 lbs at the time I didn't need one.

It is not an easy road but I can honestly say I dealt with it better and had so much more support than I have had with CFS/FM. I am blessed to be a survivor and you will be a survivor too! We cancer survivors are a special group. We can relate to each other....it's a special club.

I will be saying prayers for you. I know it is a scary time right now.
  12. Granniluvsu

Dear Porchies,

I was typing away here and looked up and found that my post had disappeared - AGAIN !!! Now I have to start over again. It will not be a long one though anyway. Just wanted to say hi to all today. I have been trying to clean up some more of the Christmas stuff. If it was up to me I would leave some it up for at least another week or so. The tree is gone for sure. DH thinks that when Christmas day is over , that is it, time to take it down.(-: !!

At least now I don't have to decorate or anything for New Years Eve. It will be a simple one with going out to eat with some friends and then home to play games. The big thing is to try and stay up till midnight. Who knows ! I do know that I will be very late in taking my nitey nite meds . Hope everyone has a wonderful and quiet New Years, and feeling at least halfway well. If you feel like going to bed just do it and don't worry - The New Year will be there the next day anyway, whether you stayed up for it or not <>!!!

Kylob - Hi there, so sorry to hear about your cancer. Glad you are enjoying yourself now though and are going to have your surgery done really soon. Please do keep us up dated on your surgery and how you are doing. You will be in our prayers for sure, So glad you got a new lap for your present !!! Watch out my husband is after one so you better keep it under lock and key (-:!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!!

Jodie - Hope Cody is doiong OK in bed and resting his knee without to mcuh pain after his surgery. Also hope you are resting to and not feeling to badly.

Darkwaters - Is it still snowing at your house? Geez, I am cold enough and there is no snow here in Tx but I am still COLD !!!!

Sweetie - Glad to see you here for a little while. I hope next year is alot better for you than this one was.

Lurkernomore and Angie - Again , welcome in and chat whenever you want. It is rather quiet here lately with surgeries, holidays, and people running hither and yon. So glad you came to see us.

Hi also to CK, Linda, Mrdad (not sure if he has left yet on his trip), Rock, Joan and whoever else I have forgotten to name. There must be a bunch hiding behind those bushes again. I think it is time for a trim (-: !!!

Hope to get back here again before New Years.

Big warm hugs to all,

[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2007]
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but that is a good idea...may do it...

cody is doing ok. not pain free of course. prety much has to walk around stiffed legged in a brace all wrapped in gauze and ace bandage top to bottom of ankle. can't shower for 10 days he is doing the count down.

he is supposed to take a multi-vitamin w/minerals and calcium as well...plus his percocet... he said the percocet is the trick to help relieve the pain...

went out last night w/an expro football player...just friends only...someone punched him in the eye...he filed a report...then he and i went to denny's for breakfast.

then i dropped him off at his house...he was tired...

i was too. it is rainy here today as well, joe....i hope you have fun in the 16 wheeler...i thought they were 18 wheelers?

cody and i want to start eating better...he has put on some tummy weight cause the lack of cardio... well me just plain old getting old and lazy...need to get into the gym again....

still have to deal w/college stuff....i finally got a letter from ssa...they are so darn stupid...they still think i received worker's comp etc...when i did not...then they charge me twice on the current case...

i guess i need to get my old attorney to take care of this matter for me....they charged me for using her on the last claim when i won at the initial filing w/o attorney...argh!

in my jammies...i think new year eve is coming up soon...

cody has varsity awards night at 6 pm january 5...same time i am invited to a party at a closed down bar...they are serving tri-tip and all the spread..my friend made it to a professional baseball level coach...so his parents are throwing a party for him...it should be a good one...so i w/will dress up for both events and hurry off to the other one next saturday...

well gonna go now..

party on garth and wayne...

14. ckball

ckball New Member

Happy Birthday to you, I hope you have a nice dinner. I just wanted to say how sorry I am your going to have to go threw this cancer but I know you will be fine.

You have the right attitude and I hope it was caught early. I just past my 12 year this holiday season. My first Chemo treatment was Dec 26. Surgery was the day before Thanksgiving, then found out later it was cancer, I had hemmoroid surgery but it was a tumor inside a hemmie.

Good job on the laptop, they make nice lap warmers in the winter. I a not wireless :-( still have dial up. I did get mine fixed, and am using MS Office Email, it really is pretty cool all the info you can put in it will be helpful with my foundation work. So I spent some time today putting all the info in. Then I walked the dogs then worked on the ditch.

I think I blew a disc out tonight, please pray I didn't. I had been digging in the front ditch for a while and was nearly done and made progress, then the pop pop thing that felt like I had been shocked. It droppped me to me knees but I was standing in a pile of mud and held on to my shovle and screamed many times. My next door neighbor was gone for the night, smart thing I had my cell with me and called the neighbor down the road.

They were on their way out the door and came by and helped me get up and on the porch then they took my muddy boots off, then I came in the house and took meds, lots of meds and the whirl pool is my next stop.

Can't sit here any longer, I tried sitting back with my feet up and laptop on my lap but couldn't do it and nearly dropped it trying to get it back on the cofee table. Now I have the right leg out straight. I wish I would have installed my hand bar in the whirpool, Bought it when I got the tub, learned from my past time. It can be hard to get out after you have laid there 2 hours :)

Hello to all, sorry really got to go, Carla

15. Granniluvsu

I surely hope that you did not blow a disc doing what you did outside.

So sorry to hear about your incident and hope you will soon be OK. Yes, I think you ought to put some bars on the whirlpool to help you to get in and out. Hope that you don't have to go to the doctor or ER. Hope a good whirlpool and resting will help it ,with heat, etc will help ease the pain, as well as the meds.

I know it must have been bad for you to have to call a neighbor to help you get home and inside. Glad you had your CP with you.

I'll check on you tomorrow probably after church.. Hope you can get to the computer to let us

Big warm hugs,

16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---for ALL your good thoughts and wishes concerning my trip
    North. Almost had a ride via "Craigslist" but haven't heard
    back from Him. Without my car anymore, it's the "back of DOG"
    (Greyhound) or "Amthrax" that deadly little Engine that can,
    sometimes. "Hey, get that thing off that X Road Crossing bud"!

Anyway, headed out tomorrow. Will stay at the "Old Squeeze's"
    House with Her former house mate. Made some phone calls to
    Her friends as a reminder so hope lots of them will be there
    for the "Remembrance Party" Many pics, candles and flowers
    for the event as well as wine selection of Her liking and
    status FRANZIA ala big box! Only the best for our Gal!

Yes Jodie, you are correct, it's an 18 wheeler now! This month TOM was able to buy two brand new used tires wiff all
    the $$$ He made working 12-14 hour days! It's a long climb
    into that Cab, believe me! And Tom's a few years older than I.

Getting a bit concerned that Rocky hasn't checked in. 'Puter
    problem most likely. But I'd rather it that than an illness.
    Get back wiff us Rock!

So my good Friends, keep the PORCH swept in my absence. Guido won't be back from Hoboken 'til apres N.Y. His poor
    old Mama is gonna miss that Boy after that long visit! SMG
    is still an MIA as well as Andy Warhol, so keep an eye out,

Hugs to All,

P.S. Jodie, hope Cody continues to feel well apres that operation!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2007]
  17. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he actually got invited to play video games at some of the last years football players and this years team at one of the guys house...

they were kind enough to pick him up cause they knew he couldn't drive...

so he hoofed off on the crutches and brought his percocets told him to make sure no one steals them...

told him it would do him some good to get out of the house if he is up for it....

he was feeling a bit down yesterday thinking on how his coaches or any of the players haven't bothered to contact him to see how he is feeling after surgery. so i guess this made his day...

18. ckball

ckball New Member

the whirlpool felt so good-2 hours good. My nieghbor called me and made sure I was alright and asked if I was going to be able to get out the tub. I have a towel hook that is mounted in a way I can use a rope and pull myself up if I have to.

The trick is to get out when the tub is full, the water helps.

I really think I blew a disc. I was better in the water but when I let the jet beat on my spine area it was sore. After I have been out for about 2 hours the pain is about a 6-8 depending on how I move, moving from laying down to sitting up is a real trick

The pain is coming around the front of my thigh, the whole hip is in pain and it id going down from there. I have hurt this much since I buldged on in 2001, it took me about 6 months to get the sciatic away. I have never had it go down the front.

I'll play it by ear and see how I feel tomorrow and may go for a MRI on Mon, I have to go into town that day.

DAS has asked me to get my questions and ideas ready for our first conference call of 2008, they were very pleased with all of the art.

Ok gonna try to get up and go to bed. Good night all gimpy carla
  19. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Haven't posted for a while. Just not in the mood. Depressed-angry; the usual stuff. Glad Christmas is over.

Carla, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the effects are temporary.

Sounds like Cody is doing ok, Jodie.

Ha det bra

20. Granniluvsu

I hope that you aren't feeling as bad as somehow I think you are going to feel today. All I can think of pis putting on more heat but I would get it checked out soon if there is no lessening of the pain. You don't need this with everything that you are doing now with your art and the foundation. Let us know how you are feeling if you can get to the computer.

I know when I have sciatica and other back pain flaring I have trouble even getting in a good position to sleep. Getting up and down can also be bad- just to find a good position to do anything. Take care of yourself and try not to overdue -ha ! i don't think you are ever still unless in terrible pain and then I am not sure (-: !!.

Puddlegum -Welcome to the porch. So sorry you are on such a downer. I know it doesn't help when you have to see people who are intentionally mean or just have no common sense as what to say to people. It sounds like you saw them for Christmas. Do you have to see them for New Years? If so, I am sorry. Just TRY and think, This to shall pass" and try and be as pleasant as you can. Not knowing what they say to you or treat you makes it difficult to respond. Some people really have no clue how to talk nicely to others and say things that can be hurtful without them realizing it.

If you don't have to see them for New Years or anytime soon maybe you could just try adn forget about it and say to yourself, Well this is over with for now don't have to do again for awhile.

Please excuse this sleepy porch today. People are recovering from sickness, surgeries , accidents as well as still being busy with the holidays.

Hope to talk to you again real soon. Try not to feel so blue. You can vent here too.,. This a grrreat place to do so. Many times that helps too.

Blessings and warm hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 12/30/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/30/2007]